PDA

View Full Version : Ammunition to fire back at Zag haters

Angelo Roncalli
09-24-2015, 10:43 AM
NCAA tournament wins since 2000:

14. Gonzaga Bulldogs (19 wins)

For a West Coast Conference program to rank here is remarkable, yet the Zags are often faulted as a basketball powerhouse that's never made a Final Four. Be that as it may, when you've won at least one tournament game every March since 2008, it adds up.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/13716601/duke-blue-devils-headline-century-ncaa-tournament-leaderboard

TexasZagFan
09-24-2015, 12:37 PM
NCAA tournament wins since 2000:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/13716601/duke-blue-devils-headline-century-ncaa-tournament-leaderboard

Don't have Insider, but IIRC, we have lost three games in which we had the higher seed: Reno, Wyoming, Wichita. Our other losses came when we weren't wearing the white jerseys.

Last year's success took away most of the talking points used against us. I'm expecting to get my tattoo next April, after we win the whole ball of wax.

TheGonzagaFactor
09-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Don't have Insider, but IIRC, we have lost three games in which we had the higher seed: Reno, Wyoming, Wichita. Our other losses came when we weren't wearing the white jerseys.

Last year's success took away most of the talking points used against us. I'm expecting to get my tattoo next April, after we win the whole ball of wax.

Texas Tech? Steph Curry didn't count as that was a 7-10 setup.

TheGonzagaFactor
09-24-2015, 12:58 PM
14th in the time frame that we've been relevant is good, but I doubt a Zag hater would be slowed by that stat, tbh.

TexasZagFan
09-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Texas Tech? Steph Curry didn't count as that was a 7-10 setup.

Tech still had Bobby Knight. If he ever coached a 16 seed, he'd give a 1 seed hell.

Thanks for the reminder on Davidson, that was a sweet deal wasn't it?

TexasZagFan
09-24-2015, 01:11 PM
14th in the time frame that we've been relevant is good, but I doubt a Zag hater would be slowed by that stat, tbh.

A typical "Zag Hater" in my experience is a front-running fan who's only affiliation with their team's university is through their Custodial Arts program.

DixieZag
09-24-2015, 01:40 PM
An incorrigible (fact proof) Zag hater will retort - "you should have been 7th with all that talent" - turning the whole point around on them.

bartruff1
09-24-2015, 01:56 PM
The only Zag haters that I have been exposed to are in here. Everywhere else I go , people are fans.

gonstu
09-24-2015, 03:21 PM
The only Zag haters that I have been exposed to are in here. Everywhere else I go , people are fans.

I envy you because you have obviously never ventured into the scary world of the "comments" section on the ESPN (and other sports) websites.

Angelo Roncalli
09-24-2015, 03:41 PM
I envy you because you have obviously never ventured into the scary world of the "comments" section on the ESPN (and other sports) websites.

Bart also probably hasn't ventured into the Duchess Tavern (wearing Zag gear) or the Laurelhurst Barber Shop.

I have, I'm a thrill seeker.

kclubfounder
09-24-2015, 07:01 PM
The Zag haters are about to have a very rough winter! :cool:

Zagceo
09-24-2015, 07:36 PM

+1

billyberu
09-24-2015, 11:10 PM
Bart also probably hasn't ventured into the Duchess Tavern (wearing Zag gear) or the Laurelhurst Barber Shop.

I'm so doing this.

TexasZagFan
09-25-2015, 04:38 AM

Zags are loved here in the Lone Star State, though there will be a bit of a pause in February of next year.

Angelo Roncalli
09-25-2015, 11:16 AM
I'm so doing this.

Let me know when you want to go Billy, the first round is on me.

ZagsGoZags
09-25-2015, 11:18 AM

I have run into some zag hate in Seattle ... but less since we were elite 8
I expect 5 straight years of the renewed rivalry with UW will stoke some of those flames back to life now

Once and Future Zag
09-25-2015, 04:25 PM

Rule 1 of the internet...

bartruff1
09-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Rule 1 of the internet...

Absolutely, why on earth would anyone read the agenda driven anonymous posts by teens at ESPN ? Or really read any posts at any sports site for that matter.

MDABE80
09-26-2015, 10:05 AM
Best way to handle ZAG haters is to win. A lot. See how the E8 shut these beeches up?