PDA

View Full Version : Rothstein: On Sabonis

ZaGranny
09-18-2015, 09:27 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25305552/observations-nc-state-rolling-in-recruiting-loading-up-for-2016-17

Observations: NC State rolling in recruiting, loading up for 2016-17
By Jon Rothstein / CBS Sports
September 17, 2015 09:29 AM ET

Hidden in here:

GONZAGA BULLDOGS
Domantas Sabonis will be one of the best players in the country

Domantas Sabonis, a 6-10 forward didnít start for the Bulldogs last season and he probably wonít this year either because heís playing behind Kyle Wiltjer and Przemek Karnowski. But that doesnít mean Sabonis isnít capable of being one of the better players in all of college basketball. The skilled big man averaged 9.7 points and 7.1 rebounds per game last year as a freshman while shooting a blistering 66.8 percent from the field.

You want more? Sabonis was perfect from the field in seven separate games last season -- think about that for a second. This guy didnít get the same accolades as some of the other top freshman in college basketball last year because he wasnít in a starting role, but you can bet that if Sabonis wasnít coming off the bench heíd regularly be mentioned among the top post players in the sport. It says here those kind of accolades lie ahead for him in 2015-16 -- even if heís considered a reserve behind Wiltjer and Karnowski.

More observations on other teams at the link.

ZaGranny

hooter73
09-18-2015, 10:28 AM
At some point you just have to start feeling bad for some of the other WCC teams :roll:

SteelZag
09-18-2015, 11:41 AM
At some point you just have to start feeling bad for some of the other WCC teams :roll:

:000tens:

jazzdelmar
09-18-2015, 11:51 AM
It's possible that GU will have the best player in the whole country THE NEXT THREE YEARS.

EEzag
09-18-2015, 11:58 AM
It's possible that GU will have the best player in the whole country THE NEXT THREE YEARS.

"Half-court alley-oop from Perkins to Sabonis!!!".....and the Kennel Explodes........

Sabonis' offensive rebounds and putbacks alone shoot energy into the players and the fans. In the words of Bart Scott: CAN'T WAIT!!

Zagceo
09-18-2015, 12:26 PM

:agreed::cheers::000tens:

DixieZag
09-18-2015, 03:07 PM

Yeah, but I'm nowhere near that point.

They are more than free to make an effort at getting better.

seacatfan
09-18-2015, 03:36 PM

Whoa!! Sabonis all 3 years? Wiltjer this year, Sabonis next year and then...?

seacatfan
09-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Yeah, but I'm nowhere near that point.

They are more than free to make an effort at getting better.

Me neither!

jazzdelmar
09-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Whoa!! Sabonis all 3 years? Wiltjer this year, Sabonis next year and then...?

Just go with it Cat. My thought was KW this year and then DS the next two. Who knows, maybe Josh will become that man.

seacatfan
09-18-2015, 04:21 PM
It's bold Jazz, I like it. I would hope if they do have the best player in the country 3 consecutive years that there is one or more Final 4 runs in the mix.

DixieZag
09-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Just go with it Cat. My thought was KW this year and then DS the next two. Who knows, maybe Josh will become that man.

KW - DS - NWG (if DS went to NBA)?

bigblahla
09-18-2015, 05:52 PM

Definitely in the running...I like best front court with a 7'1" sub in Edwards as the cherry on top...

Go!! Zags!!!

MTZag03
09-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Not a bad time to be a Zag fan. I for one feel no pity whatsoever for the WCC. Particularly when I think of Kaufusi or Samhan. Let Sabonis just wreck other teams this year.

seacatfan
09-20-2015, 11:05 AM
Not a bad time to be a Zag fan. I for one feel no pity whatsoever for the WCC. Particularly when I think of Kaufusi or Samhan. Let Sabonis just wreck other teams this year.

OT, but I watched the tail end of BYU-UCLA football game last night, thought I saw Kaufusi on the jersey of one of the BYU players. In the last minute UCLA had the game wrapped up and went into victory formation. On several snaps in a row the BYU players were trying to start some crap. Always lacking class, you gotta love it.

ProjectMKUltra5
09-20-2015, 11:16 AM
OT, but I watched the tail end of BYU-UCLA football game last night, thought I saw Kaufusi on the jersey of one of the BYU players. In the last minute UCLA had the game wrapped up and went into victory formation. On several snaps in a row the BYU players were trying to start some crap. Always lacking class, you gotta love it.

That would be Bronson Kaufusi, Corbins older brother. He's a damn beast too.

Both those boys are cut out for the gridiron

TexasZagFan
09-20-2015, 03:38 PM

You must not have any Duke fans at your workplace...I do and it sucks.

Ekrub
09-20-2015, 03:43 PM
That would be Bronson Kaufusi, Corbins older brother. He's a damn beast too.

Both those boys are cut out for the gridiron

Bronson is the one who tossed olynyk down and then stood over him.

RenoZag
09-20-2015, 03:46 PM
You must not have any Duke fans at your workplace...I do and it sucks.

My boss is a USD grad; our new CFO is BYU undergrad & MBA. . .

I worry more about the politics than I do the sports

jazzdelmar
09-20-2015, 04:20 PM
My boss is a USD grad; our new CFO is BYU undergrad & MBA. . .

I worry more about the politics than I do the sports

I think your boss is well advised to stay silent. A program in tatters and an AD who is clueless.