PDA

View Full Version : Who succeeds best in the next FIVE years?

MDABE80
09-16-2015, 04:12 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25301715/duke-has-the-best-chance-of-success-over-the-next-five-years

kitzbuel
09-16-2015, 04:43 PM
http://cbssports.com/images/visual/whatshot/091615StateHoops900.jpg

23dpg
09-16-2015, 05:57 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25301715/duke-has-the-best-chance-of-success-over-the-next-five-years

Wow, that is such a huge compliment. Heady stuff!!

gonzagafan62
09-17-2015, 08:21 AM
2 WCC teams

DixieZag
09-17-2015, 08:52 AM
http://cbssports.com/images/visual/whatshot/091615StateHoops900.jpg

Cool map.

Best part? If you look around, in nearly every single state it is just their flagship university, there are exceptions, Vanderbilt Syracuse, Duke, 'Nova and a couple more, .....and little 'ole Gonzaga.

I like it.

MDABE80
09-17-2015, 09:16 AM
Neberaska over Creighton ??? Not close. Jays are far superior.

gonzagafan62
09-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Neberaska over Creighton ??? Not close. Jays are far superior.

Did creighton even get to 15 wins there last season? Nebraska is slowly coming along as a program now. I'd be crazy not to put Nebraska in the conversation. To think it's "not close" is crazy. Over the next five years Creighton will not be "far superior"

seacatfan
09-17-2015, 10:15 AM
That map with the best program in each state is interesting. I wonder what criteria they used? Best historically? Snapshot of right now? Projecting into the future? Combination of all 3? Most of the states are no brainers, but a few of them are arguable. Vandy over Memphis or Tennessee is definitely one that could be debated. None are particularly good right now, all 3 have had their moments for sure.

It depends largely on if they can continue the momentum from last year, but I'd take the Utes over BYU for the state of Utah. BYU is what they are, almost always get a Tourney bid, almost always go out in their first game. Have yet to win the WCC conference crown and very rarely won the MWC, although they are usually in the mix. The other Coach K seems to be building something good in SLC, went to the Sweet 16 last year and hung in the game with eventual champion Duke. A hell of a lot more than BYU accomplished.

seacatfan
09-17-2015, 10:17 AM
And some of the "best" programs in particular states are by default because either there are barely any D1 programs or none of the programs in the state are very strong and they had to pick somebody.

23dpg
09-17-2015, 10:59 AM
All good and reasonable comments and I love the map too. Great debate to be had over about a half a dozen of them. But I feel like we're burying the lead. The article picks the programs with the greatest chance of success over the next 5 years and it chooses Gonzaga 6th!?! Over North Carolina, Michigan State, Louisville, etc. Amazing!!

seacatfan
09-17-2015, 04:56 PM
Thanks for getting us back on track 23. Yes, amazing considering some of the programs GU is listed ahead of.

MDABE80
09-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Creighton allways beats NE. Far more NCAA appearances. Down year last year when McBuckets went to the nBA. It's really not much of an argument. NE has shown nothing. In the future maybe but for now, those Jays are easiy far ahead.
Zags being 6 is a YUUUUGE (lol) compliment. I think we will forge further. It's not a gift when you look around. And it gets better in the years ahead.........Missouri and UW just assured that.

kitzbuel
09-17-2015, 06:39 PM
That map with the best program in each state is interesting. I wonder what criteria they used? Best historically? Snapshot of right now? Projecting into the future? Combination of all 3? Most of the states are no brainers, but a few of them are arguable. Vandy over Memphis or Tennessee is definitely one that could be debated. None are particularly good right now, all 3 have had their moments for sure.

It depends largely on if they can continue the momentum from last year, but I'd take the Utes over BYU for the state of Utah. BYU is what they are, almost always get a Tourney bid, almost always go out in their first game. Have yet to win the WCC conference crown and very rarely won the MWC, although they are usually in the mix. The other Coach K seems to be building something good in SLC, went to the Sweet 16 last year and hung in the game with eventual champion Duke. A hell of a lot more than BYU accomplished.
Per the article it shows the school from each state positioned to be the most successful over the next five years.