X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

OT: Trouble in Paradise???

At the very least it could explain how he was able to pull in the recruits over and over again.

I'll move this later... but since we've losst recruiting battles in the past... thought it was pertinent to start it here.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death
  • ezcure17
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Feb 2009

Once a C*****r, always a C*****r!!!
    ZAG 4 LIFE

Comment

• hooter73
      Zag for Life
      • Jun 2008

Doesnt explain how they have like 7 power forwards all trying to come in and play at the same time lol

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
        http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ial-violations

At the very least it could explain how he was able to pull in the recruits over and over again.

I'll move this later... but since we've losst recruiting battles in the past... thought it was pertinent to start it here.

JUSTICE!!!!!! I have been hinting at this for months. My fellow San Diego based Zags have been asleep at the switch. Rumors have been flying around a very long time. Fish is no saint and neither are some of the assistants he has had. We shall see. It certainly explains how a day hop university with Reagan era architecture and a boring style of play can consistently steal kids from the best CB program west of Tucson. Of course it says something about the kids too. Watch this space.

Comment

• btzag
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2007

Shocking.

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Guess I've been under a rock r.e. Coach Fischer.

Jazz, what's the scoop?

Edit: slow on the keyboard, too.
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally fired from Michigan for some issues.

"What? A second-year head coach somehow recruits what would become the most famous starting lineup in the history of basketball? How did he do that without a reputation and tradition of success?

Oh, right. Money.

It turns out that Chris Webber and the rest of Michigan’s famous “Fab Five” got a lot of “support” from a Michigan booster named Ed Martin. And by “support” I mean money. Webber got at least $280,000, and three other players got a total of $336,000—that we know of.

But Fisher obviously didn’t know aaaaanything about that. He just gave basketball tickets to Mr. Martin out of the kindness of his heart.

The Michigan scandal and his subsequent dismissal didn’t end his career, though. He was an assistant for the Sacramento Kings for a little while before moving on to San Diego State and turning that program around."

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post

Jazz, what's the scoop?

Sure, now you respond?

Been dropping hints for months. Just keep watching. All rumor but if the coach cheats like a duck, yadda yadd

Comment

• Mantua
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post

Jazz, what's the scoop?

Yes, what is the scoop? What benefits have been offered, allegedly?

When it comes to NCAA violations aren't we all under a rock all of the time?
                  Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

San Diego radio station 1090 will have author Gary Parrish on at 1:35 PM. Available on various radio apps, such as Tunein and it has its own app, The Mighty (sic) 1090. Taking it serious down here.

Comment

• ProjectMKUltra5
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2014

If ya ain't cheatin, ya ain't tryin

I just can't get worked up when a terrible, corrupt organization such as the NCAA tries to come down on a school for "impermissible benefits." They're all about protecting the money machine and nothing more, they could care less about "amateurism."

Comment

• RenoZag
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

"Reagan-era architecture". . .from Bauhaus to Mickey Mouse ?
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• ZagaZags
                          Banned
                          • May 2010

Here is the link for the upcoming interview with Gary Parrish.

Comment

• gonstu
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                            JUSTICE!!!!!! I have been hinting at this for months. My fellow San Diego based Zags have been asleep at the switch. Rumors have been flying around a very long time. Fish is no saint and neither are some of the assistants he has had. We shall see. It certainly explains how a day hop university with Reagan era architecture and a boring style of play can consistently steal kids from the best CB program west of Tucson. Of course it says something about the kids too. Watch this space.
                            Not asleep jazz - this is just the biggest NON-surprise of a story in a long time. Innocent til proven guilty but something has just seemed fishy up on the Mesa the past few years. Will try to catch Darren Smith with Parish in a few minutes.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
                              Not asleep jazz - this is just the biggest NON-surprise of a story in a long time. Innocent til proven guilty but something has just seemed fishy up on the Mesa the past few years. Will try to catch Darren Smith with Parish in a few minutes.
                              Price is to have to listen to Darren repeat himself 3 or 4 times. Dreadful stuff. He just had an interview on the Chargers imminent departure. No facts, just tongue clucking. Padres, Chargers, SDSU football stinks, now this. And rain today. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                              X