PDA

View Full Version : As the GU Board Turns!

GonzagasaurusFlex
09-06-2015, 04:27 AM
This board needs a group hug.....too many threads being derailed by drama.
As someone who has contributed to that trend by reacting to what I perceive to be inappropriate or poor tasting posts, I am going to make a concerted effort not to react to anything I read here because I have no control over it.

The season needs to start already!! We are like a team that's been scrimmaging against one another way too much and things start getting chippy amongst teammates.

We are GUNation.....let's stop the drama and focus on what we all agree on:
Go Zags!!! :-))))))))

Happy Labor Day weekend all.

MTZag03
09-06-2015, 05:46 AM
This thread makes me think of when Gray and Olynyk were in a play together. Talk about drama. Plus some people didn't like it.

LMUZAG
09-06-2015, 07:26 AM
Rare poster, avid lurker. There is a sizable gap between reasoned discussion and bickering. Recent trend on this board feels like the downward spiral that turned the scout board into unreadable drivel. It will be a welcome change when discussion can turn to the games themselves I guess.

Reborn
09-06-2015, 07:58 AM
Thanks for your post LMUZag. It's always good to get the perspective of an outsider. Things will get much better when the games begin.

Zagdawg
09-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Agree-- Kraziness only about a month away-- it will be good to see our boys in action.

Go Zags!

ProjectMKUltra5
09-06-2015, 08:31 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/PrGNf7O36heCs/giphy.gif

DixieZag
09-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Agree-- Kraziness only about a month away-- it will be good to see our boys in action.

Go Zags!

Football season just started, proof that God loves us and wants to help us get through those last couple months of the offseason.

Kiddwell
09-06-2015, 09:05 AM
...here's a question asked earlier that has to do with Zags basketball! It's not controversial. It's not negative. The question's only purpose, to learn more about a high schooler the Zags have on their radar! :000tens:

So, for those in the know, here goes again: This fan would be quite happy if Kispert verbaled to the Zags. Would it be fair to compare him with the oft-mentioned Joe Harris (from State of Washington but played for Virginia)?

Peace, dudes! Peace and love!

:adored::adored::adored:

:]

DADoZAG
09-06-2015, 09:30 AM
This board needs a group hug.....too many threads being derailed by drama.
As someone who has contributed to that trend by reacting to what I perceive to be inappropriate or poor tasting posts, I am going to make a concerted effort not to react to anything I read here because I have no control over it.

The season needs to start already!! We are like a team that's been scrimmaging against one another way too much and things start getting chippy amongst teammates.

We are GUNation.....let's stop the drama and focus on what we all agree on:
Go Zags!!! :-))))))))

Happy Labor Day weekend all.

...and happy weekend to you as well, Flex.

'Learned the same lesson they same hard way, but don't forget there is information being posted. While some may consider that information opinion rather than message, paying attention to posters as well as posts allows the information to be recognized (another lesson learned the hard way).

Funny thing about lessons, thinking one is the only intelligence at the table most commonly prevents possible gain. Especially when one just gets up and walks away, proudly carrying one's ego.

Thanx, Flex, and thanx GZ.

OT:

That was a great post in the closed thread, Tex...

...hey Bart, hope the smoke has cleared and the back is lose!

'Looking forward to the end at work of the hell portion of the cycle, and the start of a very promising season!

While the dome looms, the focus to get there must be gnawing at staff. What will they do to prepare?

I'm anxiously watching for it....

...along with the growing of the program. So cool we fans need to continually improve our eye protection. #trendingup #zagup

Later,
J

Go ZAGS!

seacatfan
09-06-2015, 10:08 AM
I can kind of understand why some posters have been getting so frustrated with thread drift lately. On the other hand it's a long off season, there hasn't been much real news to discuss, so whatever tangents we go off on here to help pass the time waiting for the season, so what. I think it's equally annoying when people appoint themselves to let the rest of us know what we can and can't talk about on this board.

willandi
09-06-2015, 10:20 AM
I can't believe it! Our guards are still too short! ...and those missed free throws! Gloom! Doom! WE'RE DOOMED!!!

Mantua
09-06-2015, 10:31 AM
I can't believe it! Our guards are still too short! ...and those missed free throws! Gloom! Doom! WE'RE DOOMED!!!

Go for it. I've got your back.

MDABE80
09-06-2015, 10:53 AM
See ya Ultra. Perfect video.

maynard g krebs
09-06-2015, 12:32 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/PrGNf7O36heCs/giphy.gif

Red: "I could see why some of the boys took him for snobby. He had...a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around here."

The warden: "Lord, it's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!"

Red: "Same old sh!t, different day"

Captain Hadley: "What is your malfunction, you fat barrel of monkey spunk?"

Some choice lines in that movie.

ProjectMKUltra5
09-06-2015, 12:44 PM
It's almost comical how seriously this board takes a sports fan who isn't afraid to trade barbs in jest

Zagdawg
09-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Get our hopes up then you dash them.... not nice.

Just jesting with ya......

Or was i?

maynard g krebs
09-06-2015, 01:17 PM
It's almost comical how seriously this board takes a sports fan who isn't afraid to trade barbs in jest

If you're referring to the post above yours, well, I'd think that taking YOUR snarky little video, and pairing it with some choice quotes from the movie YOU brought into play, pretty well fits into the "barbs in jest" category.

Sorry you took it so seriously.

TheZagPhish
09-06-2015, 03:24 PM
I love you all.

Zag 77
09-06-2015, 03:31 PM
I have been on this board for several years. The summer postings are pretty much what they have always been. Fairly boring stuff and a lot of repetition. I don't think anything has been particularly problematic. Crosby maybe, but not Men' Basketball.

TheZagPhish
09-06-2015, 04:35 PM
http://cl.ly/ctnq/duck-feeding-fish.gif

cggonzaga
09-06-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm surprised coach crazy hasn't stopped by to tell us all how stupid we are.

Zagger
09-06-2015, 07:19 PM
http://cl.ly/ctnq/duck-feeding-fish.gif

Great vidlet! Go Zags!
This is a great board - I learn LOTS here - pretty civil folks by the most part. No complaints :-)

sittingon50
09-06-2015, 10:32 PM
DEWEY WINS!

ZagaZags
09-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Thanks to Go Zags for all the updates, I have been on vacation the past 10 days in Kauai. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Zaga
09-07-2015, 04:33 AM
There are a few Lt. Col. Slades on this Board................ Several Col. Clink's and a whole lotta Schultz's. Love this Forum and all who Hope for the Zag's

MickMick
09-07-2015, 08:37 AM
I'm a Big Brother fan (The television show). I would love to see everyone with over 1000 posts locked up in the Big Brother house for three months.

Trying to figure out my secret alliance.