PDA

View Full Version : Alberts off season workout highlights

Zagdawg
09-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XuXzPQb5ho

madness
09-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Bryan working hard! Love the easy bounce.

I think we are going to see more than a few thunderous dunks this year!

hooter73
09-04-2015, 08:55 PM
He came in as an overlooked and under the radar recruit. A few people said he could play, well now a few more have seen that the boy can play!

SteelZag
09-04-2015, 10:36 PM
He came in as an overlooked and under the radar recruit. A few people said he could play, well now a few more have seen that the boy can play!

Earlier this summer, I watched a bunch of high school and AAU film of Alberts and was quite impressed. Gets to the rim with ease and can stroke it from 3. His length and athletic ability make him a great perimeter defender. I was really impressed with his ball handling and would not be surprised if he backs up Perkins at times. Coach is going to have so many combinations. I'm ready to see more steals and run out dunks.

Go Zags!

Team Oosik
09-05-2015, 04:24 AM
Nice. If I recall, Alberts had knee issues? Did that factor into his under-the-radar recruitment? And also his red-shirt decision?

MTZag03
09-05-2015, 06:46 AM
His knees look pretty good there! So nice to see the effortless dunking.

raise the zag
09-05-2015, 07:14 AM
Former player said Alberts is our best shooter on the team, not named Wiltjer.

Also heard Few is a big-time fan of his game.

DixieZag
09-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XuXzPQb5ho

If all those throw down dunks and jump shot threes are in the same 10-15 minute work out period, he is very strong and has a ton of stamina to keep his legs fresh enough. Bodes well for a guy with knee issues, strong muscles surrounding it.

Worthington
09-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Really glad to have seen this video, this is some of the only footage on Alberts that's out there so he was still a little bit of an unknown to me. Nice leaping ability, but doesn't seem to be the quickest. Strong player, good handle, shoots well on catch shoots or off the bounce. I think he will be a good combo guard for us this year who can handle or play off the ball depending on what we need. See him averaging about 8-10 minutes, but some meaningful ones.

Chicken Ball
09-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Richie Frahm comparison looks pretty solid. Maybe a better handle. And of course it would surprise me to hear he's as good of a shooter as Frahm yet.

zag67
09-05-2015, 11:40 AM
This also is the first time I have seen him in action since coming to GU. He looked very solid and he attacked the rim very well. HIs midrange also looks super. He, Perkins and Melson are going to give us a fantastic group for the next few years. Dranginis and Mcclellan are going to do a super job in helping them prepare for the future. I think that both of them will be leaders of this team for this year and transition the others for years to come. Our coaches have done a great job in retooling our front and backcourt in alternate years. And keep a solid base to keep performing at the level we have.