PDA

View Full Version : Your one BOLD prediction:

DixieZag
09-04-2015, 07:49 AM
It's the first week of September, that means it's time for my 4th Annual: "Your one BOLD prediction" thread.

A prediction that KW will lead in 3 pts may be accurate, but will not cut it in this thread.

Go BOLD:

Because of our depth, Kyle Drainginis will lead the team in minutes played. HIs rebounding, defense, length, "tweener" ability at 1-3 and experience will have him on the court more than any one other player, the 3 bigs will rotate, Mac/Perk will share, KD will have the most total minutes.

gonstu
09-04-2015, 07:52 AM
Final 4.

Bouldin4Prez
09-04-2015, 07:53 AM
Josh Perkins gets at least 1 double double consisting of points and assists this season.

LongIslandZagFan
09-04-2015, 07:53 AM
The Zags will lose at least one game this season.

I know... crazy talk...

OK... real one...

Perkins will emerge as a top 5 PG by March.

titopoet
09-04-2015, 07:58 AM
The Zags will lose at least one game this season.

I know... crazy talk...

OK... real one...

Perkins will emerge as a top 5 PG by March.

National Championship

Karno and KW drafted in the first round.

Zaga
09-04-2015, 08:13 AM
JP gets a Triple Double in NCAA's and a trip to the FF. Elite guards do elite things!

ProjectMKUltra5
09-04-2015, 08:40 AM
Silas Melson is 2nd on the team in scoring

Angelo Roncalli
09-04-2015, 08:49 AM
Kyle Wiltjer gets at least one of the national POY awards.

DixieZag
09-04-2015, 10:16 AM

That's the kind of BOLD prediction I like. No excuses.

During Gary/Kevin's sophomore year, I predicted Gary would lead the team in scoring. I was dead wrong, but it was BOLD.

Zagceo
09-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Wiltjer & Domas will be on the floor together more time than not

GonzagasaurusFlex
09-04-2015, 10:31 AM
Bryan Alberts will surprise and earn meaningful minutes, 12-15 per game every game. He'll be a difference maker in NCAA tourney games.

jazzdelmar
09-04-2015, 10:33 AM
No fewer than 3 Zags will make at least one All American team.....

titopoet
09-04-2015, 10:35 AM

+1,000,000

jazzdelmar
09-04-2015, 10:45 AM
+1,000,000

Ahh, but which 3?

GoZags
09-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Ahh, but which 3?

One WILL be from the backcourt .... (and it won't be Nigel Goss-Williams .... UDub's first ever hoops Academic All American ... 3rd team last year).

cggonzaga
09-04-2015, 10:50 AM

I like it.

I'll go with Josh Perkins averaging a double double.

gonzagafan62
09-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Ahh, but which 3?

Only 4 that really have a shot in my mind

Karnowski
Sabonis
Wiltjer
Perkins.

Everyone else is a no. My guess Karnowski, Witjer and Perkins. Sabonis just off.

sittingon50
09-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Domantas Sabonis will scare several people.

jazzdelmar
09-04-2015, 11:00 AM
One WILL be from the backcourt .... (and it won't be Nigel Goss-Williams .... UDub's first ever hoops Academic All American ... 3rd team last year).

Good call, GoZer......

gonzagafan62
09-04-2015, 11:00 AM
My prediction:

Dranginis will make 2 game winning shots at the buzzer as time expires for the win.

NumberCruncher
09-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Josh Perkins will break Matt Santangelo's single season record of 225 assists.

CDC84
09-04-2015, 11:26 AM
At some point this season, if he can create enough offense to stay on the floor consistently, Eric McClellan will be nationally recognized as one of the top on ball defenders in the country.

IowaSERE
09-04-2015, 11:30 AM

I like this one, and would not be shocked if it happened.

PK hits over 60% of his FTs.

Zaga
09-04-2015, 11:47 AM
PK hits over 60% of his FTs.

Should be in the high 70's but bold no less

vandalzag
09-04-2015, 11:49 AM

OK who stoel Jazz's login?

Kiddwell
09-04-2015, 11:58 AM
...Zags in another Elite 8. Yeah, this's bold because we've never back-to-backed Elite 8's before.

:]

<Really, really like that post above about three Zags on post-season AA lists. Methinks Karnowski, Wiltjer, and Sabonis. Really, really think that trio has an honest chance: 1st, 2nd, or 3rd teams. Exciting!>

LongIslandZagFan
09-04-2015, 12:00 PM

He said bold predictions. ;)

DixieZag
09-04-2015, 12:01 PM

Was I that obvious?

Mantua
09-04-2015, 12:07 PM
This board will have no meltdowns.

LongIslandZagFan
09-04-2015, 12:38 PM
This board will have no meltdowns.

:lmao:

That IS bold.

jazzdelmar
09-04-2015, 12:40 PM

I'm a changed man, VZ. The Bonus is just too much fun not to be rhapsodic about the season.

sittingon50
09-04-2015, 12:59 PM
O.K., I think the pendulum is swinging too far:

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=maudlin&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4MXGB_enUS531US531&q=maudlin&gs_l=hp..0.0l5.0.0.0.11058...........0.E83iZO7ni-Y

scott257
09-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Ryan Edwards becomes a second team All-American.

zagsfanforlife
09-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Ryan Edwards becomes a second team All-American.

HAHA. I will go Oprah, and buy everyone on this board a gift if that happens this season

convertedZagfan
09-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Dranginis shines as a full-time starter, averaging double digits in scoring, leading the team in steals, 2nd in blks, 3rd in rebounds. Stellar play earns him an NBA draft selection, just ahead of Kyle Collinsworth (too bold?).

sittingon50
09-04-2015, 01:46 PM
He said bold predictions. ;)

O.K., LI, since you're calling me out; Domantas Sabonis will become the most recent Zag to break a backboard!

sittingon50
09-04-2015, 01:48 PM
HAHA. I will go Oprah, and buy everyone on this board a gift if that happens this season

Don't care what kind of fast car you get me zzfl, but can I get it in yellow?

Martin Centre Mad Man
09-04-2015, 01:51 PM
I will give you three.

Rem will have three double figure scoring games.

Pepperdine will make the Dance.

BYU and SMC won't.

maynard g krebs
09-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Posting without having read the thread (and having had my skull cracked in a head-to-head in a pickup game last night), I'll go with Josh Perkins making the all-WCC team.

ZagNative
09-04-2015, 01:59 PM
There are some really good predictions here. Thanks all!

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
09-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Gonzaga wins the WCC per the usual. Perkins is very very good but is still technically still Freshman (due to injury) from an experience perspective with no tournament mileage at all. Sabonis is lottery pick worthy at seasons end but Wiltjer will have trouble guarding the 3 spot eliminating that dimension all together. That leaves Sabonis to guard the 3 if playing with KW and Karno. That could equal foul trouble for DS against elite competition and he is the MVP of the team by far. Mac is a serviceable back up PG but can't shoot, My concerns are depth at the point (like last year w/o Perkins) and inexperience. Even if Perks plays at a Final4 level at PG where will our other back court shooter come from? Melson is a unproven possibility and would need to step up. I think this year it will take some very good creative coaching in the NCAA Tournament to get back to the E8 and beyond by trying to utilize the three front court players Gonzaga has and creating mismatches in Gonzaga's favor. I'm sure Jazz has tons of confidence in this happening right? lol

I am predicting a very good run back to the E8 if Perkins plays great. He has way more talent and potential than Pangos ever had BUT from a national perspective and to get to the Final4 he will have to be lights out. On paper we don't have the shooters in the back court of last year. With Perkins last year I think the Final4 was very possible because we would have had the depth at PG but I'm not sure how Few would have played that card.

So my not so bold prediction is Zags ceiling is E8. Until proven otherwise Karno won't shoot 60% from the line creating dangerous end of game situations and Wiltjer despite what will be a great offensive year with a couple plus 40 scoring nights has the capability of being beaten on the defensive end at key moments of games by more athletic players off the dribble.

IF Sabonis returns next year he will be the best player in college hoops and with the addition of Goss and Williams 2016-17 could be the Final4 year!

Robzagnut
09-04-2015, 03:59 PM
ESPN Announcers and other media admit, "We thought that the front court would be the strength of the Zags this year, but after seeing Perkins, Melson and Mac gel during the OOC and now part of the WCC schedule, it is clearly the back court which is their strength..."

09-04-2015, 04:00 PM
I will give you three.

Rem will have three double figure scoring games.

Pepperdine will make the Dance.

BYU and SMC won't.

I also like Pepperdine to possibly make it in. They are pretty dangerous.

jazzdelmar
09-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Val: IF Sabonis returns next year he will be the best player in college hoops and with the addition of Goss and Williams 2016-17 could be the Final4 year!

Amen Val. But don't sleep on this season. Like your assessment of Perk but think another backcourt star will emerge.

09-04-2015, 04:08 PM
ESPN Announcers and other media admit, "We thought that the front court would be the strength of the Zags this year, but after seeing Perkins, Melson and Mac gel during the OOC and now part of the WCC schedule, it is clearly the back court which is their strength..."

They are talking like it already happened???? lol Kinda the way the quote is...

Gonzaga will be VERY good. I just see 8-10 teams better on paper.

09-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Val: IF Sabonis returns next year he will be the best player in college hoops and with the addition of Goss and Williams 2016-17 could be the Final4 year!

Amen Val. But don't sleep on this season. Like your assessment of Perk but think another backcourt star will emerge.

Who Jazz and why? If so I can change my opinion!

jazzdelmar
09-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Who Jazz and why? If so I can change my opinion!

My money is on Melson. Never got a shot last year, short leash, etc. He has the talent but needs to feel comfortable and free from close scrutiny. That's not MF's strong suit, so we will see. I see Perks and Melson melding the way we always hoped KP and GB would but never quite did.

09-04-2015, 04:18 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Either Melson or Draino right? Jazz??? LOL

09-04-2015, 04:22 PM
My money is on Melson. Never got a shot last year, short leash, etc. He has the talent but needs to feel comfortable and free from close scrutiny. That's not MF's strong suit, so we will see. I see Perks and Melson melding the way we always hoped KP and GB would but never quite did.

We were typing at the same time! LOL haha

I don't disagree BUT I think that twosome is 1 full year of experience away from being a Final4 back court. Add in the transfers and that team will be special with Sabonis. Maybe win it all. Based on performance or lack there of by both isn't this a VERY BOLD prediction! lol haha ( guess what this is all about)...Silly ME!

jazzdelmar
09-04-2015, 04:23 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Either Melson or Draino right? Jazz??? LOL

Don't taunt me Val, especially since you've been AWOL for months. No, not KD and my unstated fear with Melson is that with Goss in the wings he may disintegrate if he doesn't get off to fast start. Mac is a very fine player but something's missing, can't put my finger on it. Lack of confidence, maybe. Wish we had a Dave Edwards, remember him?

GoZags
09-04-2015, 04:28 PM

I love what you say here .... However I'm not short selling the kid that averaged 14.3 ppg at Vanderbilt (and isn't dealing with a broken foot) either.

09-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Don't taunt me Val, especially since you've been AWOL for months. No, not KD and my unstated fear with Melson is that with Goss in the wings he may disintegrate if he doesn't get off to fast start. Mac is a very fine player but something's missing, can't put my finger on it. Lack of confidence, maybe. Wish we had a Dave Edwards, remember him?

Its hilarious that we are typing at the same time and then reading our messages afterwards! haha :)

I just recovered from the Duke loss sorry :(. I thought it better to have a cooling off period! hehehehe

09-04-2015, 04:32 PM
I love what you say here .... However I'm not short selling the kid that averaged 14.3 ppg at Vanderbilt (and isn't dealing with a broken foot) either.

Vanderbilt is gonna be real good this year. They have six shooters that can ALL drain the three and spread the floor. IF Jones plays like the lottery pick some project then that team could be very dangerous. Not sure Jones has the motor though. He has all the NBA measurements but may not be all mentally there. That team though can SHOOT.

jazzdelmar
09-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Its hilarious that we are typing at the same time and then reading our messages afterwards! haha :)

I just recovered from the Duke loss sorry :(. I thought it better to have a cooling off period! hehehehe

You had to bring that up, right? You didn't reply to my Dave Edwards mention.

zag67
09-04-2015, 04:35 PM
I think that this team learns how to play great team defense and stops almost all teams. Forces them to the middle and then our bigs take over. I think that Dranginis, McClellan, Melson, Alberts and Perkins attack their guards all over the court. They do not worry about being beat because they have the wall behind them. We should end up with multiple players on the WCC all everything teams.

09-04-2015, 04:41 PM
I think that this team learns how to play great team defense and stops almost all teams. Forces them to the middle and then our bigs take over. I think that Dranginis, McClellan, Melson, Alberts and Perkins attack their guards all over the court. They do not worry about being beat because they have the wall behind them. We should end up with multiple players on the WCC all everything teams.

Karno only had 39 blocks last year at 1 per though right? Karno can alter shots but I think the idea of not worrying about getting beat on the perimeter is kinda risky right???

Melson and Mac are good defenders. Perkins is just a good player so you know he can defend adequately. I have less confidence in the bigs defensively.

GonzaGAW
09-04-2015, 04:45 PM
another sweep of wcc awards.
- coach of the year, few
- player of the year, wiltjer
- defensive player of the year, McClellan
- new comer of the year, perkins
- plus 5 players will be on the wcc first or second teams

09-04-2015, 04:53 PM
You had to bring that up, right? You didn't reply to my Dave Edwards mention.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/22/sports/college-basketball-don-t-tell-david-edwards-he-can-t.html

:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

jazzdelmar
09-04-2015, 05:00 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/22/sports/college-basketball-don-t-tell-david-edwards-he-can-t.html

:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

That was a magical era for NYC high school hoops. Dave was as good as any. My son played in the famous Wheelchair Game at LIU that year for Brooklyn and played against a Queens team that started Kenny A and Derrick with Edwards off bench with Khalid Reeves. Are you kiddin me, as Vitale says. My son played with Rob Phelps and a splendid young man named Conrad Macrae. Sad, that. Btw, the best player in that game was Franklin Western.

ZagMan in Philly
09-04-2015, 05:00 PM
#1 seed in the West, and get to Houston.

northsidezagfan
09-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Dranginis gets a triple double

seacatfan
09-04-2015, 05:22 PM

Wow! That's bold alright.

zag buddy
09-04-2015, 05:31 PM
This board goes crazy when Edwards doesn't start any games.

seacatfan
09-04-2015, 05:31 PM
I was gonna say Perkins will average more assists than Pangos did last year, but apparently that's small time. Others have already predicted him setting single season GU record for assists and averaging a double-double. I gotta work on going big or going home when it comes to predictions.

seacatfan
09-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Mac is a very fine player but something's missing, can't put my finger on it. Lack of confidence, maybe.

Mid season transfer is kind of tough. Hard to get up and running and find your niche and place in the rotation when everyone else already has a couple months under their belt, basically miss the whole OCC. That and the foot injury that had him at less than 100% once he was eligible to play. I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll be much better in his last year in a Zags uniform. We know he can get the ball up and down the floor in a hurry and we know he's a solid defender. He can get in the lane but didn't finish well and wasn't much of a threat from the perimeter. He was a scorer at Tulsa and Vandy, hopefully he's still got some scoring ability.

NumberCruncher
09-04-2015, 05:37 PM
I was gonna say Perkins will average more assists than Pangos did last year, but apparently that's small time. Others have already predicted him setting single season GU record for assists and averaging a double-double. I gotta work on going big or going home when it comes to predictions.

Well, BOLD was called for.

I think the shorter shot clock will be perfect for Perkins, who has shown a liking for playing fast. The Zags usually play faster than their opponents, anyway. Look for many big offensive numbers this year.

seacatfan
09-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Welcome back Valency, I was wondering what happened to you. I thought I took a long time to get over losses.

Worthington
09-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Wiltjer averages over 20 points per game.

Wiltjer and Karnowski both get drafted.

Sabonis stays for his Junior season.

SunDevilGolfZag
09-04-2015, 05:56 PM
My bold prediction: NT with Perkins the FF MVP and Wiltjer the Wooden and Naismith winner, not to forget Few as COY

09-04-2015, 05:58 PM
That was a magical era for NYC high school hoops. Dave was as good as any. My son played in the famous Wheelchair Game at LIU that year for Brooklyn and played against a Queens team that started Kenny A and Derrick with Edwards off bench with Khalid Reeves. Are you kiddin me, as Vitale says. My son played with Rob Phelps and a splendid young man named Conrad Macrae. Sad, that. Btw, the best player in that game was Franklin Western.

2 summers ago I went to Gershwin Park and watched some games. "EZ-Pass" was there playing.

Can you share with us more about your son and that particular game? If not sorry for taking this thread off topic. Maybe I am just ruining everything here again. :(

Sorry everyone. Have a blessed night.

Vxo

Reborn
09-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Zags make Final 4 and Mark Few is voted Coach of the Year.
Kyle Wiltjer is 1st team All American. And wins the Wooden Award.
Silas Melson has a great year and is voted to 3rd team All-American and turns pro. I agree with Jazz and say he lives up to something I said early on, that a friend of mine said that he looked like a pro in a high school All-Star game. I'd call these prediction pretty bold.

DixieZag
09-04-2015, 08:09 PM
another sweep of wcc awards.
- coach of the year, few
- player of the year, wiltjer
- defensive player of the year, McClellan
- new comer of the year, perkins
- plus 5 players will be on the wcc first or second teams

I think it says something about the program that one might question whether it would be BOLDER to say that your post won't come true.

DixieZag
09-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Dranginis shines as a full-time starter, averaging double digits in scoring, leading the team in steals, 2nd in blks, 3rd in rebounds. Stellar play earns him an NBA draft selection, just ahead of Kyle Collinsworth (too bold?) .

We know not of what you speak.

One need only not drop over the edge of the "insane" abyss.

You walked to the edge and planted your flag. BOLD.

Well done.

Zag365
09-04-2015, 10:21 PM
and move into Top 5 ranking nationally.

SteelZag
09-04-2015, 10:57 PM
The Zags will be in the top 25 in both offensive and defensive team stats. They will be really fun to watch and I cannot wait for the season to start.

:cool:

Jstock12
09-05-2015, 01:31 AM
Shem will dish out several alley-oops to Domas.

Zaga
09-05-2015, 04:51 AM
I see Perks and Melson melding the way we always hoped KP and GB would but never quite did.

Worthy of an Amen!

GonzagasaurusFlex
09-05-2015, 04:57 AM
Bryan Alberts will surprise and earn meaningful minutes, 12-15 per game every game. He'll be a difference maker in NCAA tourney games.

I'm shamelessly bumping my bold prediction so y'all will give me credit when it comes true :-)
Nobody is talking about Alberts, though I did notice today's new thread showing his workout. I love his game and predict he and Dranginis will have the '3' spot locked down together.

OT rotation: Perkins/Melson/McClellan lock down all minutes at the '1' and '2' And of course, KW PK and DS lock down the 4 and 5....though I hope Edwards gets some run too this season.
I love this roster this year!!!!!!!!

TravelinZag
09-05-2015, 06:11 AM
FF or better. Talent is there. Cohesion will gel and with it chemistry. If heart and belief finally banish the "deer in the headlights" and fear of losing, NC is not unreachable! This is a great team to start the season, and could be Freakin' Fabulous by the end of the season. So much of the last two games comes down to chance, but these Zags can have one. Go Zags!

MickMick
09-05-2015, 06:56 AM
Edwards will play so well, especially on the offensive end, that it will be impossible not to give him significant minutes.

DixieZag
09-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Edwards will play so well, especially on the offensive end, that it will be impossible not to give him significant minutes.

Of all the good predictions, the ones about Edwards intrigue me the most and ones I hope for the most. So much focus on "the three" but an undeniable optimism of an up and coming "fourth" fighting for PT - and maybe mandating it.

Martin Centre Mad Man
09-05-2015, 08:25 AM

Edwards will be the third best center in the WCC.

jazzdelmar
09-05-2015, 08:29 AM
All due respect to Edwards but the Big 3 are much further along in their development physically and skill wise.

TerpZag
09-05-2015, 08:29 AM
At least, 5 separate Gonzaga players will win WCC Player of the Week honors this upcoming season.

Last season, 4 separate Zags won WCC Player of the Week honors at least once...

Gonezagaga
09-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Gonzaga wins National Championship. Mark Few retires to Montana stream beds. Tommy takes over.

Outraged
09-07-2015, 07:40 PM
I will not argue with anyone that we have the best front court in the country. Rather, they will just tell me we do and I will just agree. I have to agree having Edwards is a huge plus. Top 5 defensive team in the country. Top 5 FG% in the country. Tallest team in the country. Most miles traveled on the road team in the country. Top 10 in 3pt fg%. One of the most experienced new back courts in the country. The most different colored shoes in the country. There will be no mid-season lull. Karnowski will find his three point shot. We will meet and beat Kentucky. Magic.

webspinnre
09-07-2015, 07:57 PM
All due respect to Edwards but the Big 3 are much further along in their development physically and skill wise.

I think the point is that Wiltjer is definitely a 4, and Sabonis probably a 4 as well.

jazzdelmar
09-08-2015, 03:57 AM
I will not argue with anyone that we have the best front court in the country. Rather, they will just tell me we do and I will just agree. I have to agree having Edwards is a huge plus. Top 5 defensive team in the country. Top 5 FG% in the country. Tallest team in the country. Most miles traveled on the road team in the country. Top 10 in 3pt fg%. One of the most experienced new back courts in the country. The most different colored shoes in the country. There will be no mid-season lull. Karnowski will find his three point shot. We will meet and beat Kentucky. Magic.

Haft say this baffles and slightly annoys me. With most teams, I would add. What happened to the word uniform? Zags may be among worst offenders tho. Last year was a kaleidoscope of colors and designs, esp KW w that orange thing.

Jstock12
09-08-2015, 05:34 AM

http://i.imgur.com/K9ucjy1.png

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/dvHHi3GI1XU/hqdefault.jpg

HenneZag
09-08-2015, 07:13 AM
Haft say this baffles and slightly annoys me. With most teams, I would add. What happened to the word uniform? Zags may be among worst offenders tho. Last year was a kaleidoscope of colors and designs, esp KW w that orange thing.
I agree. Seems that some wear white, others blue, red, rainbow etc. I understand some may like a different shoe but it would be nice if we atleast wore the same colors to look sharp as a team. Even sock colors to me, some will wear black, red and others white or blue etc. I wish we made a standard. IMO it looks sharp to match on all aspects.

DixieZag
09-08-2015, 08:03 AM
I agree. Seems that some wear white, others blue, red, rainbow etc. I understand some may like a different shoe but it would be nice if we atleast wore the same colors to look sharp as a team. Even sock colors to me, some will wear black, red and others white or blue etc. I wish we made a standard. IMO it looks sharp to match on all aspects.

Yep.

When did this wave of personalization of look start? Anyone know?

IowaSERE
09-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Ask Michael Jordan.

sage
09-08-2015, 09:02 AM
In another month there will FINALLY be something on TV worth watching!! Also better threads on this forum.........

rennis
09-08-2015, 09:28 AM
As bold as I can get with an unproven backcourt goes like this:

Zags knock on the door of a Final Four berth but lose to the overall #1 seed in the E8 and Mark Few wins national coach of the year.

raise the zag
09-08-2015, 09:51 AM
McClellan will start.

Alberts will make 2nd most 3pt FG's on the team.

Dranginis will log same amt of PT as last 2 seasons.

Sabonis will lead the WCC in rebounding.

Shem will lead in the conference in FG%.

Wiltjer will win WCC POY.

Zags will lose the opener to Pitt, yet win the Battle 4 Atlantis.

Zags sweep Pac-12 schools this season: beat UW, WSU, UCLA, & Zona.

GU will secure a Top-2 seed in NCAA Tourney.

2 losses in WCC. BYU & Pepperdine.

Perkins Top-20 in nation in Assists per game.

Edwards averages less than 10 mpg this yr.

kitzbuel
09-08-2015, 09:54 AM

We said bold predictions. Most of the good predictions are already gone, so Mick had to go somewhere!

BeachZag
09-08-2015, 10:05 AM
One prediction: I will enjoy every Zag game because I switch to DirectTV after my cable company cut Root Sports!

RenoZag
09-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Coach Few will get " T " d up twice this season on his way to The Final Four and national Coach of the Year honors.

Zagger
09-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Zags beat Arizona by at least 15!

mattydog73
09-08-2015, 11:57 AM
My Bold prognostication: Zags will not be forced into 2-3 Zone one time this year, due to lack of ability to guard man v man out past the three point line.

*one more: Set out of bounds and final shot plays drawn up will actually work! :)

RenoZag
09-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Set out of bounds and final shot plays drawn up will actually work! :)

[sarcasm] Why, that's just crazy talk !!

GonzagasaurusFlex
09-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Every time Zags are on ESPN or ESPN2, we will miss at least several minutes of the 1st half if not the entire 1st half while the game on prior to Zags goes into OT or just drags on and on and on....

GoZags
09-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Every time Zags are on ESPN or ESPN2, we will miss at least several minutes of the 1st half if not the entire 1st half while the game on prior to Zags goes into OT or just drags on and on and on....

Here I thought the goal of this thread is to predict the future (rather than re-live the past).

DixieZag
09-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Here I thought the goal of this thread is to predict the future (rather than re-live the past).

As the self-appointed thread referee, rule 1.0 is there are no rules. Unless there is a violation of rule 2.0 - 19.5

Past/Future is fine. :)

Oh, and Reno - as to miracles and crazy talk, indeed these do violate rule 15.8 Subsection B(4).

GrizZAG
09-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Edwards realizes after watching the energy and passion that Bonus plays with and how KO is emerging quickly in his assertiveness with the Celtics that if he is to make some noise and get the play time he ramps up big time to surprise all with beast mode! He fouls out too much but he makes a statement to the Zag Nation's delight.

NotoriousZ
09-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Love the Perkins, McClellan, and Dranginis optimism! I'm hoping Melson makes a big jump from last season in that he becomes more than just a scorer on the offensive side. Don't know anything about Alberts so I won't make a prediction there, but I just can't wait to see him play. And I think we all agree that we have the best bigs in the country, so adding Edwards to the mix is just freaking awesome.

Predictions:
We get a decent ESPN announcing crew.
Karnowski triple-double.
National Champs.
:)

Zag_Dad
09-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Karnowski will lead the team in percentage of three point shots made.

Baseline
09-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Taco consumption reaches legendary proportions and GU gets a special contract with a major Mexican Food outlet. despite a free taco card for all players, Shem loses weight during the year.

3XaZag
09-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Karnowski will lead the team in percentage of three point shots made.

That is so....'last year'... well played...

krii
09-09-2015, 01:53 AM
Poland lost with France on Eurobasket two days ago because they couldn't execute proper play on the very last seconds. That led to last second 3p shot missed by Gortat.

Today one of the most known Polish bball journalist tweeted that on the training session Gortat tried the same shot 3 times and he missed all of them.

Karnowski tried once. And he nailed it, like a boss.

willandi
09-09-2015, 06:43 AM
I'm hoping Melson makes a big jump from last season in that he becomes more than just a scorer on the offensive side.

Predictions:
We get a decent ESPN announcing crew.
Karnowski triple-double.
National Champs.
:)

I'm hoping Melson DOESN"T become a scorer on the defensive side!

I expect a break-out senior season from Drangs, I expect him to be a starter. He has done all the 6th man that has been asked of him. It's his year.

cjm720
09-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Bryan Albets makes a steal for a breakaway dunk and makes Sportcenter's top play of the night and

Wiltjer hits 16 consecutive 3s over 7 games.

Coach Crazy
09-09-2015, 10:09 PM
I expect a break-out senior season from Drangs, I expect him to be a starter. He has done all the 6th man that has been asked of him. It's his year.

Is this really a bold prediction, though? If he maintains even a majority of his efficiency, he's going to be as (or more), productive than Byron Wesley. I personally see that as a possibility.

ZagaZags
09-09-2015, 11:43 PM
1. Josh Perkins will have over 32 mpg.
2. Wiltjer will score 20+ ppg and/or will be 1st team All American.
3. Gonzaga will only lose 3 games going into March Madness.
4. Gonzaga will be a 1/2 seed.
5. Bryan Alberts will be the biggest surprise. (To the rest of you.)
6. Karnowski will be a 3rd Team All American.
7. Domantas Sabonis will return for 2016.
8. Brendan Bailey picks GU.
9. Eric McClellan will have more starts/minutes than Kyle Dranginis.
10. I won't get banned again this season.....

Safe to say, I will get 8 out of 10 here.

willandi
09-10-2015, 06:52 AM
9. Eric McClellan will have more starts/minutes than Kyle Dranginis.

"I expect a break-out senior season from Drangs, I expect him to be a starter. He has done all the 6th man that has been asked of him. It's his year."

Well, one of us will be wrong here. I expect Drangs to be the starter because he has paid his dues the whole time here.

jazzdelmar
09-10-2015, 07:02 AM
"I expect a break-out senior season from Drangs, I expect him to be a starter. He has done all the 6th man that has been asked of him. It's his year."

Well, one of us will be wrong here. I expect Drangs to be the starter because he has paid his dues the whole time here.

It's a new era, talent will win out, Will.

BULLDOG#1
09-10-2015, 07:14 AM

you may both be right. Both KD and EM were key players down the stretch last year and each should see solid minutes this year. I do think it will be somewhat of a breakout year for KD - and I expect him to start at the 3. I also expect EM to start at the 2. The two of them are our best perimeter defenders - while Melson and Perkins may take over that role one day, from what I saw last year, KD and EM are our best defensively on the wing.

Dranginis does so much to glue the team together. I doubt we'll see him lose minutes in favor of a younger player. EM probably is a bad comparison, because i see them playing different roles.

Jstock12
09-10-2015, 07:16 AM
Duke fans will be jealous of Gonzaga.

gonstu
09-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Duke fans will be jealous of Gonzaga.

Beyond bold my friend. That will never happen.

DixieZag
09-10-2015, 09:21 AM

I think a great case can be made that because talent will win out, Dranginis will get the starting slot. He does so much. Of course, I'm going on the assumption that the 3 bigs will not start together - though I think they should.

Jstock12
09-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Beyond bold my friend. That will never happen.

https://i.imgflip.com/qumfb.jpg

MDABE80
09-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Defense wins championships. We know that and it's never changed. Ours fell apart in the last 5 mins with Duke. THose guys underneath will score plenty. In the end though, when you deny the ball to the opposition, you keep your offense going.
We did ok on D last year. I hope Few remembers. He's an offense minded guy ......offense changes. Defense is key.

zag67
09-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Both KD and EM deserve to start. They are both solid at both ends of the floor and are floor generals in their own ways. But I think only one of them will start so that the coaches and keep solid team play when other players have to rest. If EM feels comfortable coming off the bench, I think KD starts. But if that does not gel early, then they would revert back to KD because he understands the role and is very good at it. I believe the coaches will discus it with both of them and if KD (for example) is willing to come off the bench then EM will start. Perkins, EM and Melson would be a solid set and then KD, Alberts, and Perkins would be another solid set. Lastly then EM, Melson, and KD would also be solid. And the keys that I worry about are ball handling and defense. Since both Perkins and EM have been point guards, I think at least one of them needs to be on the court at all times against teams that attack you all over the court.

I am really looking forward to watching this team grow throughout the year and improve as the year goes on.

DixieZag
09-10-2015, 12:34 PM
It's interesting to me who might be the better defender, Dranginis or EM, both have decent size, both fairly quick, long, both experienced. Thoughts?

maynard g krebs
09-10-2015, 03:30 PM
I think EM starts at the 2 and KD starts at the 3. Melson w/ second unit.

NotoriousZ
09-10-2015, 04:46 PM
I think EM starts at the 2 and KD starts at the 3. Melson w/ second unit.

+1

KD is one of those players, like Mike Hart, who makes you feel safe when he's on the court. And EM is the total package, a bit ahead of Melson IMO. I'll repost this in the "Who's your starting 5" thread that's sure to be on page one soon.

DixieZag
09-11-2015, 01:11 PM
+1

KD is one of those players, like Mike Hart, who makes you feel safe when he's on the court. And EM is the total package, a bit ahead of Melson IMO. I'll repost this in the "Who's your starting 5" thread that's sure to be on page one soon.

Dranginis is very long, too. He's not that fast, but I think he appears faster than he is b/c he can cut off passing lanes so well. One of the reasons my bold prediction was that KD would lead in minutes was based upon how versatile he is on defense, able to guard 1-3 and play 1-3, though I hope there isn't much need for 1.

maynard g krebs
09-11-2015, 01:35 PM
Dranginis is very long, too. He's not that fast, but I think he appears faster than he is b/c he can cut off passing lanes so well. One of the reasons my bold prediction was that KD would lead in minutes was based upon how versatile he is on defense, able to guard 1-3 and play 1-3, though I hope there isn't much need for 1.

I'd go with Perkins leading in minutes, as he's the only really pure pg on the team. Every other position has more depth/flexibility imo. I think EM and Drang both start based on experience, esp defensively, and the fact that this team will be built around feeding the front line, but I'd be surprised if the latter 2 don't share time with the youngsters and EM filling in at point when Perk needs a breather.

TravelinZag
09-11-2015, 01:40 PM
A couple of years ago, the Zags had the best record in the Big 12. This season, they do the same for the Pac 12 -- perfect 4-0 against Pac 12 opponents.

amaronizag
09-15-2015, 08:00 AM
Rem grows his hair out like Kelly Olynyk. GU makes it's first final four. KW, DS, and PK all start. KW and PK get drafted in the late first round. DS announces he will stay another year.

bartruff1
12-11-2015, 09:11 AM
It is difficult to know who is serious and who is kidding...but there were some bold predictions alright...

ProjectMKUltra5
12-11-2015, 09:23 AM
It is difficult to know who is serious and who is kidding...but there were some bold predictions alright...

A+ bump

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41m2QT4AHhQMaqje/giphy.gif

NumberCruncher
12-11-2015, 10:24 AM
A+ bump

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41m2QT4AHhQMaqje/giphy.gif

And some dimwit posted this:

Dreaming big is more fun than being wrong, but I'm still all in for Jenks.

MickMick
03-13-2016, 07:10 AM
bump

DixieZag
03-13-2016, 07:26 AM
Ha! My prediction started with: "Because of our depth . . . "

And my bold prediction was we'd play the WCC final with 7 scholarship athletes!

Yeah, no.

GrizZAG
03-13-2016, 07:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/K9ucjy1.png

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/dvHHi3GI1XU/hqdefault.jpg

Freaking awesome! Resemblance is quite scary actually. Love this one Jstock

RenoZag
03-13-2016, 08:02 AM
Coach Few will get " T " d up twice this season on his way to The Final Four and national Coach of the Year honors.

Swing and a miss. . .

23dpg
03-13-2016, 08:03 AM
What was the most accurate prediction?

DixieZag
03-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Swing and a miss. . .

He could get 2 tech's in the tournament on his way to . . .

Don't give up hope! Any game now I see Few screaming at the refs over the cops' shoulders as they drag him off the court.