• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Lindy's rankings, among other snubs

We’re still a few weeks away from the arrival of many of the preseason college basketball magazines.

Here is Top 10 from Lindy's:

1. Maryland
    2. North Carolina
    3. Kentucky
    4. Indiana
    5. Virginia
    6. Kansas
    7. Wichita State
    8. Villanova
    9. Duke
    10. Iowa State

Also in the snub category, Blue Ribbon Yearbook has announced its five-player preseason All-America first team. Players are: Kentucky freshman Skal Labissiere, LSU freshman Ben Simmons, Virginia senior Malcolm Brogdon, Iowa State senior Georges Niang and Providence junior Kris Dunn.

Finally, Kansas University senior forward Perry Ellis is featured on the regional cover of Athlon’s College Basketball 2015-16 Preview Magazine.

Some other regional covers picture Kentucky’s Tyler Ulis and Alex Poythress; Arizona’s Kaleb Tarczewski; Indiana’s Yogi Ferrell; LSU’s Ben Simmons; Maryland’s Melo Trimble and Virginia’s Malcolm Brogdon; Michigan State’s Denzel Valentine and Michigan’s Caris Levert; North Carolina’s Marcus Paige; Syracuse’s Trevor Cooney; UCLA’s Bryce Alford and Wisconsin’s Nigel Hayes.

The magazine’s preseason rankings have yet to be revealed. The magazine hits stores on Sept. 8.
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Well aware that these things mean less than nothing....

Still p^^^^^ses me off.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
      Well aware that these things mean less than nothing....

Still p^^^^^ses me off.
      Me, too. Hard to be diplomatic when the slights are so blatant. Still, count on some brave pub or pundit to do the right thing, well at least the better thing, for the Zags and for KW.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2013

Makes me mad too Jazz

BUT we all should know Lindy's is usually the worst basketball magazine in town.

Still makes me mad though. UGH!
        Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Oh, and Wichita State @ #7 when the Zags could easily dismantle them is a complete joke.

15 Straight Round of 32s

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• DZ
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
            Oh, and Wichita State @ #7 when the Zags could easily dismantle them is a complete joke.
            Shoulda put that thing out of its misery when we had the chance.
            Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
            Mark Twain.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2007

Usually agree with you bud, and i think GU would probably win, but do not discount senior tandem of Van Fleet, Baker.... two of the best in nation. Frankamp from KU will be very good for them, so will Grady a big man transfer from cleveland state. This team has final four potential, and who i consider the best coach in CBB (even though i dont like him personally).

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2011

Makes me mad too Jazz

BUT we all should know Lindy's is usually the worst basketball magazine in town.

Still makes me mad though. UGH!
                Yeah but we were all pretty quick to slurp up the Zag kool-aid they mixed up for us last preseason lol
                "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                  • Feb 2007

Iowa State is the one that really bugs me.
                  "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Who is Lindy's and why should we care what they say?

Maybe a forum member here, one who can write and stays at home, could start the National Collegiate Basketball Magazine, and just put the GU program inside!
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                      Who is Lindy's and why should we care what they say?

Maybe a forum member here, one who can write and stays at home, could start the National Collegiate Basketball Magazine, and just put the GU program inside!
                      To be fair Lindy's has been around for a long long time.
                      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• willandi
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                        To be fair Lindy's has been around for a long long time.
                        My Dad talked about doing the Lindy when he was young!
                        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
                          Yeah but we were all pretty quick to slurp up the Zag kool-aid they mixed up for us last preseason lol
                          DOUBLE EDIT: HAHA true. Ill take anything we can get.

15 Straight Round of 32s

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                            My Dad talked about doing the Lindy when he was young!
                            Now that doesn't mean they haven't gone downhill in recent years.... they have. I am not saying that from a Zag perspective, but rather from a fact based side. They had several factual errors last year with the Zags... stuff that was widely known. So, not sure what happened, but they are slipping.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                              Usually agree with you bud, and i think GU would probably win, but do not discount senior tandem of Van Fleet, Baker.... two of the best in nation. Frankamp from KU will be very good for them, so will Grady a big man transfer from cleveland state. This team has final four potential, and who i consider the best coach in CBB (even though i dont like him personally).
                              Yeah, Van Vleet and Baker have been around awhile. We would have beat them last year, we would this year too. I just don't think they could matchup with our big 4, without Early. With Early they could be a bit scarier. The only reason we lost in 13 was cuz of Bell. They started raining after that. It would have been another Iowa game or something had he not gotten hurt. That doesn't mean I don't take away their credit either. They went to the Final Four and did a terrific job maintaining their program. I respect what Marshall does, and they will have another great team this year.

But I don't see them as a better team than Gonzaga, and certainly not Top 7.

15 Straight Round of 32s

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

Comment

Working...
                              X