• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Matisse Thybulle "can't wait to play Gonzaga'

I picked this up from a dawgman poster who'd run into Thybulle earlier in the week .... it's a premium site so I can't link .... love the Romar quote ...

Saw him in Issaquah, he had just eaten at Potbelly Sandwiches. Told me he's 195 lbs now. Long armed still, guy's body just screams basketball player

Said they are incredibly athletic, long, and going to be disruptive on defense and tough to stop in transition.

On Malik Dime "moves like a guard, has good hands, can throw the ball down to him on the block without hesitating"

On Markelle Fultz "nobody knew if he was going to commit or not, but he fits in perfectly with our style, has long arms and really athletic, and a cool guy too"

On David Crisp "gonna help us this year, he can shoot the lights out"

On Matthew Atewe "Good chance we don't have him this year, but he'd help us out a lot, just a beast in the weight room and a leader on and off the court"

On Marqueese Chriss "Super athletic, can step out and shoot the 3 plus can create off the bounce"

On Noah Dickerson "Will help us down low but can also step out and shoot the deep ball"

Said they're playing for Coach Romar because he's on the chopping block.

And he "cant wait to play Gonzaga, they've got a huge frontcourt, but we're a lot quicker"
    gobroncsgozags: "Have a great day in the podunk, crap hole known as Roslyn."
  • Coach Crazy
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Bing View Post
    I picked this up from a dawgman poster who'd run into Thybulle earlier in the week .... it's a premium site so I can't link .... love the Romar quote ...
    Good. I like having these kinds of quotes. It's nice to have evidence of "confident" they were when we beat them 9/10 or 10/10, and they are looking for an excuse.

Comment

• bartruff1
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2010

I don't believe Romar's job is in any danger.

Comment

• 23zagmd
        Kennel Club Material
        • Nov 2012

Well, coming from a very high placed source within the UW athletic dept....."it will be tough for him to survive another 11-17ish year", "15-15, maybe but it will depend on the 15!". When I asked him what the driver was because it seemed that he was untouchable with the focus on football...."its becoming almost impossible to put butts in the seats at Hec Ed"

Comment

• 23zagmd
          Kennel Club Material
          • Nov 2012

Additionally, look at their pre-season schedule.....they will not be 11-0 going into the conference season. He is in BIG time trouble!
          Originally posted by 23zagmd View Post
          Well, coming from a very high placed source within the UW athletic dept....."it will be tough for him to survive another 11-17ish year", "15-15, maybe but it will depend on the 15!". When I asked him what the driver was because it seemed that he was untouchable with the focus on football...."its becoming almost impossible to put butts in the seats at Hec Ed"

Comment

• cggonzaga
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Silly freshman. Guess he'll learn soon enough.

Comment

• MDABE80
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
              Silly freshman. Guess he'll learn soon enough.

this!

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2009

I went to the Eastside Cath home game with Garfield last winter, and MT was soundly outplayed by Alfonso Anderson, who is 6'6. The way he struggled v Garfield, I think he's in for an awakening.

Comment

• willandi
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

"And he "cant wait to play Gonzaga, they've got a huge frontcourt, but we're a lot quicker""

How quick do you have to be to run into a wall?
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Kids talk. Time of their lives. God bless em.

Comment

• VinnyZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                      I don't believe Romar's job is in any danger.
                      With the recruiting classes they're bringing in now, they'd be crazy to fire him.

Comment

• bartruff1
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by VinnyZag View Post
                        With the recruiting classes they're bringing in now, they'd be crazy to fire him.
                        Their not crazy...... he has a contract extension good till 2020....I think he is the 2nd most winning basketball coach in their history and at nearly 2 million per year they would have to be crazy and wealthy to buy him out....... Crazy and wealthy are not normally found together.

Comment

• Zag_Dad
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2013

This (Battle for Atlantis) game is one that Gonzaga "should" win. The way UW has recruited, the remaining games the Zags have against them as part of the renewed rivalry, will likely very competitive. Of course, you never know how good either team will be until they play some games as a team, but UW has some great talent coming in... as does Gonzaga.

Comment

• Rangerzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Romar recruits........ then they leave. This year's cast is pretty well set.

Little early to tell about next year.
                            "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                            "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                            I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• 23dpg
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

[QUOTE=bartruff1;1131737]Their not crazy...... he has a contract extension good till 2020....I think he is the 2nd most winning basketball coach in their history and at nearly 2 million per year they would have to be crazy and wealthy to buy him out....... Crazy and wealthy are not normally found together.[/QUOTE]

That is teed up so well....but I'll resist. This isn't the OCC.

As for them wanting to play Gonzaga; good on them. They're competitive.

Romar? He does need to win again and soon. Nice man but don't pay $2 million a year for nice.
                              Birds aren’t real.

Comment

Working...
                              X