PDA

View Full Version : SMU game at Moody - 2/13/16

SMU_Fan
08-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Hoops season will be here soon and we are very excited about the Zags visiting Dallas 2/13. I know the game is Valentine's weekend but hopefully some of you are able to make the trip to Dallas. I'm biased, but Moody is a great place to see a game.

I've followed the WCC for years. I've got a ton of respect for Coach Few and your program. I'll definitely be rooting for the Zags until 2/13. As for SMU, we are optimistic we can build on last season. We should enter November as a borderline top 25 team. We have three big OOC games - at Stanford, Michigan at home and you guys.

The main reason I stopped by is to offer any help with travel questions (hotels and restaurants) for those making the trip. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance, or you can visit our site, ponyfans.com. Best of luck this season.

scott257
08-20-2015, 02:24 PM
A short drive for me. I hadn't heard the date yet, but I am looking forward to it. My only questions are when do the tickets go on sale and what section do visitors end up in? I believe there are quite a few fans in and around DFW so I am hoping to see them at the game.

exclusivelee
08-20-2015, 02:34 PM
Looking forward to the matchup. Should be a tough test with Markus Kennedy eligible this time around as well as strong transfers in Jordan Tolbert & Semi Ojeleye. Shake Milton and Sedrick Barefield could have a strong impact as freshmen, too.

Press release: http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082015aae.html

For ticket information or to be added to the season ticket waiting list, call 214-SMU-GAME (214-768-4263) or email tickets@smu.edu.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/20/96bc26ffb690a7f7f15cdf1cff817651.jpg

SMU_Fan
08-20-2015, 02:48 PM
A short drive for me. I hadn't heard the date yet, but I am looking forward to it. My only questions are when do the tickets go on sale and what section do visitors end up in? I believe there are quite a few fans in and around DFW so I am hoping to see them at the game.
Section 113 (directly behind the visitor's bench) and part of section 213, which is the level above, are allocated to visiting fans. I believe you would get those through the Gonzaga ticket office.

General tickets will go on sale later this year, but it will be very tough to get tickets through SMU as very few will be available. if you don't get them through Gonzaga, Stubhub will probably be your best bet.

sittingon50
08-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Good to see you again SMU_Fan; look forward to regular postings this upcoming season.

gonzagafan62
08-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Hello SMU. Nice to see you back. I hope you guys do well till 2/13. Would be nice to see you guys do even better this year

SMU_Fan
08-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Looking forward to the matchup. Should be a tough test with Markus Kennedy eligible this time around as well as strong transfers in Jordan Tolbert & Semi Ojeleye. Shake Milton and Sedrick Barefield could have a strong impact as freshmen, too.

Press release: http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082015aae.html

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/20/96bc26ffb690a7f7f15cdf1cff817651.jpg
We should be better than last season. Semi becomes eligible at the end of the fall semester and people tell me he looks great. You're right about Shake and Sed. Both should see significant minutes off the bench. We really didn't have a backup PG last season behind Nic. Sed will be that guy.

SMU_Fan
08-20-2015, 03:18 PM
Good to see you again SMU_Fan; look forward to regular postings this upcoming season.

I look forward to it. I'll stop by the board periodically before our game.

SMU_Fan
08-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Hello SMU. Nice to see you back. I hope you guys do well till 2/13. Would be nice to see you guys do even better this year

Thanks. I will be following you guys as well. Hopefully, we can continue this matchup moving forward.

hooter73
08-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Thanks for stopping in. SMU is one of the few others I always like to root for. Good program, good people.

DixieZag
08-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Great to see old friends again (get some of your pals there to stop by).

How does the rest of your conference look this year. Is there a consensus up or down?

Nice of you to answer questions for people traveling. I will not be one of them, but I think the question that will have people on edge is where is the best taco joint within a 30 mile radius of the arena? Actually, no, don't answer that, no need to derail a thread this quickly. Welcome back.

ZagsGoZags
08-20-2015, 06:43 PM
That's right, don't get this thread going on Tacos - except that it can be hilarious.

It is interesting to think about where our teams will be Feb 13. We lost our starting 1,2,3 position players, and are replacing them with players we already had. We have elite level recruits coming in Fall 16, but not this year. My opinion is that post players are elite already. I expect Perkins will 'belong' with them. So, for me our season rides on how well Kyle D., Alberts, Melson, and Eric McClellan, can rise to the level of play needed for a berth in the National Championship.
SMU is always a good game, and you folks have more class than most other teams we play, IMO.
Thanks for coming on to our board. Come back the second week in Feb and we can see what things look like then, compared to our suppositions now.

Bogozags
08-20-2015, 06:50 PM
I look forward to it. I'll stop by the board periodically before our game.

Look forward to reading your posts!

PS: Mustangs got, well you know, shuda been S16...

TexasZagFan
08-21-2015, 05:09 AM
Section 113 (directly behind the visitor's bench) and part of section 213, which is the level above, are allocated to visiting fans. I believe you would get those through the Gonzaga ticket office.

General tickets will go on sale later this year, but it will be very tough to get tickets through SMU as very few will be available. if you don't get them through Gonzaga, Stubhub will probably be your best bet.

Thanks for the info, we're looking forward to the game. Shortest road trip we've had in several years, if it's within a day's drive, we're there...Stillwater, Wichita, Memphis, Houston (Elite 8). It would be great if SMU & the Zags can keep the series going.

FWIW, I'm excited about the direction of the SMU football program. You hired the right guy...the Metroplex is loaded with good players that really know the game. I plan on taking my son to a couple of games this year. Short drive for us, we live in Valley Ranch/Coppell. HS football keeps me occupied until Zag hoops starts.

TexasZagFan
08-21-2015, 05:13 AM

How does the rest of your conference look this year. Is there a consensus up or down?

Nice of you to answer questions for people traveling. I will not be one of them, but I think the question that will have people on edge is where is the best taco joint within a 30 mile radius of the arena? Actually, no, don't answer that, no need to derail a thread this quickly. Welcome back.

One doesn't come to DFW for tacos, although I know a place in Roanoke that has awesome bison tacos. Our favorite place for BBQ is Hard Eight, that's their grill you see during Cowboy games. It's the go-to place for business travelers, as it really stretches one's per diem.

/hijack

SMU_Fan
08-21-2015, 05:39 AM
Thanks for the info, we're looking forward to the game. Shortest road trip we've had in several years, if it's within a day's drive, we're there...Stillwater, Wichita, Memphis, Houston (Elite 8). It would be great if SMU & the Zags can keep the series going.

FWIW, I'm excited about the direction of the SMU football program. You hired the right guy...the Metroplex is loaded with good players that really know the game. I plan on taking my son to a couple of games this year. Short drive for us, we live in Valley Ranch/Coppell. HS football keeps me occupied until Zag hoops starts.
Yes, many around here are excited about Chad Morris. Unfortunately, June Jones left him an absolute mess. You should definitely come to a game. We play #4 Baylor on 9/4 (Friday night). I'm sure there are still tickets available. Also, we serve beer and wine at our football games now, same as basketball. That helps.

SMU_Fan
08-21-2015, 05:47 AM
Look forward to reading your posts!

PS: Mustangs got, well you know, shuda been S16...
Those last 90 seconds will be tough for our fanbase to forget. While we did a lot to lose that game at the end, the gt call was ridiculous. And yes, if we win that game I'm pretty sure we would've handled UAB to make the Sweet 16. Oh well, have to move on. Like I posted earlier, we should be stronger this season. We will have much more depth.

SMU_Fan
08-21-2015, 05:51 AM
Thanks for stopping in. SMU is one of the few others I always like to root for. Good program, good people.

Likewise. Our fans that went to the game last year said it was a great experience. They were treated very well.

SMU_Fan
08-21-2015, 06:12 AM

UConn and Cincinnati will be much improved. Both added quality freshmen and transfers. Temple should also be much better but I'm not sure they're good enough to challenge for the conference championship. Memphis is the unknown. Pastner is feeling the heat, especially after losing Nichols.

DixieZag
08-21-2015, 07:06 AM
Those last 90 seconds will be tough for our fanbase to forget. While we did a lot to lose that game at the end, the gt call was ridiculous. And yes, if we win that game I'm pretty sure we would've handled UAB to make the Sweet 16. Oh well, have to move on. Like I posted earlier, we should be stronger this season. We will have much more depth.

It would be very hard not to have PTSD about that last little bit. Ironically, we still have people (like me) that shake over a last minute game against UCLA in the tournament about 10 years ago.

TexasZagFan
08-21-2015, 07:40 AM
It would be very hard not to have PTSD about that last little bit. Ironically, we still have people (like me) that shake over a last minute game against UCLA in the tournament about 10 years ago.

Speaking of PTSD, I get physically ill whenever I see the "Immaculate Reception" by Franco Harris. I think Reno does too.

/hijack