PDA

View Full Version : Przemek Karnowski and the Polish Senior Men's National Team 2015

ZagNative
08-01-2015, 09:15 AM
Poland handily deam defeated the Czech Republic today in their first exhibition game, 70-52. (http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=5&lng=pl&game_number=KM-15-001)

Looks like Shem had a nice game.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LHoVVVfS3ug/Vbz1EJ85SzI/AAAAAAACjrA/jxfexk46PGA/s640-Ic42/2015-08-01%252520Przemek%252520Karnowski%252520box%252520s core%252520czech.jpg.jpg

amaronizag
08-01-2015, 10:13 AM
What's up with Gortat? He played 2:47 less than Shem, shot 1/8 and had 3 Rb's. Was he double teamed and Shem wasn't? Did Shem play against their 2nd string center? Is Shem out playing Gortat? Would be nice to know if anyone watched the game. Thanks.

Zagdawg
08-01-2015, 10:24 AM
not bad---4/6 from the line -- 66.7% ---like to see him get o 70% ----but better than 50%

ZagNative
08-02-2015, 03:59 AM
From Twitter:

Michal Pacuda ‏@Pacuda 38m38 minutes ago

Przemek Karnowski @PKarnowski nie gra w dzisiejszym meczu. Ma drobny uraz. Za kilka dni powinno być wszystko OK. #ebpl
Translated from Polish by Bing

Przemek Karnowski @PKarnowski does not play in today's match. Has a slight injury. After a few days it should be all OK. #ebpl

raise the zag
08-02-2015, 07:00 AM
What's up with Gortat? He played 2:47 less than Shem, shot 1/8 and had 3 Rb's. Was he double teamed and Shem wasn't? Did Shem play against their 2nd string center? Is Shem out playing Gortat? Would be nice to know if anyone watched the game. Thanks.

Shem has been the most effective option offensively at center/ Gortat has been more presence defensively, rebounding, mobility, yet Karno may actually feature a softer 'touch' around the rim.

Shem was not playing against 2nd string, as Czech was playing from behind, although rotating players in and out.

Not great news on Shem's injury. Just hope not an ankle or something -- that can linger, esp on a 285lb player.

Our boys are performing with the best of them, including Wiltjer.

Gonzaga has the most complete frontcourt of ANY team next season, not named anyone.

Mojo13
08-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Don't read much into any NBA players performance at this stage. These are early preparatory exhibition games. Guys are out of shape, out of form, coaches are experimenting with players, line-ups, game strategy etc.

Gortat will be leading that team when the real games start.

willandi
08-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Don't read much into any NBA players performance at this stage. These are early preparatory exhibition games. Guys are out of shape, out of form, coaches are experimenting with players, line-ups, game strategy etc.

Gortat will be leading that team when the real games start.

They have played in meaningful games AFTER the NCAA was finished. Do they get out of shape quicker, and farther, than college players?

sittingon50
08-03-2015, 01:06 PM
They have played in meaningful games AFTER the NCAA was finished. Do they get out of shape quicker, and farther, than college players?

Speaking from experience, as I get OLDER......

MDABE80
08-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Abe-------------> sending "the" help to fifty;)

TheGonzagaFactor
08-03-2015, 01:25 PM

Gortat is 31, so yes he would get out of shape quicker and have a harder time recovering than his 23 year old self. Also, there is no reason for him to play in these exhibition games at all.

GoZags
08-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Abe-------------> sending "the" help to fifty;)

Nice to see there isn't any bogarting of the "help" .... now .... if you could pass it my way s'il vous plait ....

In the meantime, hope that Shem sees the floor again soon.

Mojo13
08-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Gortat is 31, so yes he would get out of shape quicker and have a harder time recovering than his 23 year old self. Also, there is no reason for him to play in these exhibition games at all.

Seriously. NBA guys play about 4x the games college guys play in a season. They need way more down time to rest and recover from the season. Many of them shut it down for a few months in the summer. College guys can and often do play all through the summer, train hard, attend camps and use their summers to get better. A 31 yr old NBA player is focused on rest/recovery/family trying to extend his career.

kosi55
08-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Gortat join team 20h before first game and this is an answer to all yours questions about him. In second closed game another day he played better (stats (http://pzkosz.pl/internalfiles/fckfiles/file/pliki/Scan%20Polska%20-%20Czechy%2002_08.pdf)).

Anyway check this tweet (https://twitter.com/PolskiBasketTV/status/627609103083417600) if you want to watch full game from first post.

More about Przemek injury (I use google translate):

Maciej Kwiatkowski: What kind of injury with which you have problems?

Przemek Karnowski: Plantar fasciitis ...

Aua ...

In fact, every movement, every step hurts. But it is certainly better. In Walbrzych little more hurt.

Which foot?

In the right. A little we worked on this with our physiotherapist. I do not run too much now. I practice a lot for this bike. It's about relieving this rate. In fact, the whole time I'm sitting in the gym. I try to stay in the best condition and see how it will look. Now most likely go to the tournament in Riga (August 7-8), and then we get back on Sunday or Monday I will have further tests.

When the NBA playoffs lasted past Mike Conley of the Memphis Grizzlies had the same injury and said he feels like walking on a golf ball. In your case is the golf ball, tennis ball, or something else?

No, no ... This is one place with the heel and it really is a more burning, stinging, a little bit of pain. After studies in Wroclaw knew about it and gave up a second sparring with the Czech Republic. In fact, to regenerate after 4-5 days. I had a few treatments. I had surgery in Torun, where he still rode for one day. I was also here in Warsaw. Medical care is at a high level. Everything you need is here.

And this is a fresh injury?

Only it began to ache at the training camp.
Full interview in Polish (http://sport.wp.pl/kat,1809,title,Zainteresowanie-z-NBA-pomoglo-mi-podjac-decyzje-wywiad-z-Przemyslawem-Karnowskim,wid,17754876,wiadomosc.html?ticaid=1155 b5&_ticrsn=5)

EDIT: Some behind the scene video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDjNZyPgzjo) from Polish National Team with Przemek.

sittingon50
08-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Had that in my early 30's & was on crutches for awhile. It HURT!

zagamatic
08-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Ok, so last summer both Bell Jr and I had knee surgery. And now both Shem and I are dealing with plantar fascitis. I really don't like this particular trend!

sittingon50
08-06-2015, 09:31 PM
If that's the case, matic, how 'bout you and Albert's suffer a mini growth spurt together? Think it would be fun seeing him @ 6'7"!

MDABE80
08-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Yikes! Not good news. This can last a long time.

jazzdelmar
08-07-2015, 05:26 AM
Yikes! Not good news. This can last a long time.

Agree, Doc. We are whistling thru the graveyard on this one.

DixieZag
08-07-2015, 06:55 AM
Oh, gulp. Not a good way to start the day.

Ominous.

And not just for us, this is his senior year, his team in many ways.

At least being with the national team will get him the same level of treatment/care as he would get here.

kosi55
08-07-2015, 08:45 AM
It's looks like injury isn't so bad because he is playing right now vs. Latvia.

Stats (http://live.baskethotel.com/lbs/)

Jstock12
08-07-2015, 10:06 AM
It's looks like injury isn't so bad because he is playing right now vs. Latvia.

Stats (http://live.baskethotel.com/lbs/)

10pts & 2reb in 15 minutes - seems much more efficient than Gortat, yet Gortat is playing almost twice as much.

ZagNative
08-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Thank you for the stat link, Kosi! Hope you'll link tomorrow's stats as well.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5M8euhIPtnk/VcT2GhspSJI/AAAAAAACkMw/dFSc4ZzyR-U/s512-Ic42/2015-08-07%252520karnowski%252520latvia.jpg

raise the zag
08-07-2015, 11:46 AM
Don't like the diagnosis.

I suffered through 'plantar fasciaitis' for the better part of a year before it settled down!

Suppose its good news he played today, yet how much is adrenaline and Nat'l Team pride over playing hurt?

He needs to rest.

His final campaign awaits.

Hope its a minor case, cuz this could linger a long time. Playing through a nagging injury is not what he or we want...

kosi55
08-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Full game vs. Latvia (https://twitter.com/PolskiBasketTV/status/629737096299827200) if you want to download and watch,

LongIslandZagFan
08-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Thank you Kosi. I know you do some reporting over there in Europe on the NCAA... thanks for everything.

kosi55
08-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Thank you Kosi. I know you do some reporting over there in Europe on the NCAA... thanks for everything.

I'm just a fan and sometimes a blogger. That's all ;)

Anyway tomorrow's stats should work on the same link.

LongIslandZagFan
08-07-2015, 01:01 PM
JMHO... this video looks to be from today. Doesn't seem to look the worse for wear in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_JZ6shZt8&feature=youtu.be

BTW yet another sweet pass. He passes SOOOO well in the post... might be the best Zag ever at it.

Jstock12
08-07-2015, 01:51 PM
BTW yet another sweet pass. He passes SOOOO well in the post... might be the best Zag ever at it.

Beauty. Those are some Sabonis-level dimes. And I don't mean Domas. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little. But just a little. Also, I think that passing could really be one of the things that could help him make an NBA team one day. Just seems like a great backup C to have on paper if you're an NBA coach: size, IQ, passing, defense.

kosi55
08-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Another two highlights from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ynAX5w7keY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YFdcwKBv8o

Game with Slovenia has just started, but couldn't find any statistics. I will post what I find after the game.

DixieZag
08-08-2015, 07:43 AM
It's a little tough to tell with a small screen on a computer, but the first couple of highlight shots made it look (to me) like he shed significant weight, like getting back to last summer. He gained a lot of weight as last season moved along. And, even though he was brilliant through the end, I wondered if he even had an extra gear he might have kicked to if he was gliding along a little lighter.

Glad to see him on the court, hope this injury doesn't haunt him like Kevin's did.

jazzdelmar
08-08-2015, 10:07 AM
A whole lot thinner. Looks terrific.

Birddog
08-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Did I just see some "hops"?

kosi55
08-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Box score from today:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CL53Q8jWIAAl43T.jpg

Reborn
08-08-2015, 02:49 PM
It is sure easier for him to dunk with all that weight off of him. He does look great.

gonzagafan62
08-08-2015, 02:56 PM
So lucky to have shem

zagfan94
08-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Those dunks would have been lay-ups last year.

Reborn
08-08-2015, 05:52 PM
exactly.....

also, imo he's always been a good passer, and last year a great passer.

zagamatic
08-08-2015, 10:05 PM
You are not alone in thinking that he looks thinner thru the midsection and is definitely opposing gravity with a little more ease

krii
08-09-2015, 03:41 AM
Hi there guys, after many tries I could finally register here :-)

My name is Kris, I'm Pole - huge fan of Karno & Sabonis and - after those few years - Zags as well ;-) Keeping my fingers crossed for the best season in the history of Gonzaga! I can help you with all the translations from Polish if there is any need, I'll try to keep you posted if there will be any news in Polish/European media on either Karno/Sabonis/old Zags.

Back to the topic:

Some already said that - Marcin couldn't start trainings with the team before 1st of August (NBA rules) so basically he was playing straight from the holiday. In next few games he was showing promises of his dominance.

I've been watching this last game and Karno looked good in there. He is not in his best form yet, however it is just a matter of a few weeks. Shem will be a very important part of this team during Eurobasket :-)

Zagger
08-09-2015, 05:00 AM
Nice vids! Great moving by Mt. K! Shem just looks ... better. He seems a bit more relaxed, quicker and even seems more aware of his surroundings and of his own skills. The Zags sure are loaded and are going to be VERY hard to beat in 15-16. Hope the foot issue heals quickly - Shem deserves a great season @ GU.

hooter73
08-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Hey good to have you along Krii!

Im definitely noticing Shem making it look a little easier all around. Makes a guy excited to see what a mature and in shape Karno is going to do in his senior season. He may just wade through college basketball like it was low tide.

Jstock12
08-09-2015, 08:33 AM

My name is Kris, I'm Pole - huge fan of Karno & Sabonis and - after those few years - Zags as well ;-) Keeping my fingers crossed for the best season in the history of Gonzaga! I can help you with all the translations from Polish if there is any need, I'll try to keep you posted if there will be any news in Polish/European media on either Karno/Sabonis/old Zags.

Back to the topic:

Some already said that - Marcin couldn't start trainings with the team before 1st of August (NBA rules) so basically he was playing straight from the holiday. In next few games he was showing promises of his dominance.

I've been watching this last game and Karno looked good in there. He is not in his best form yet, however it is just a matter of a few weeks. Shem will be a very important part of this team during Eurobasket :-)

Welcome! :-)

Chicken Ball
08-09-2015, 09:03 AM
Am I misreading the stats, or does it appear Shem is having a tough time rebounding the basketball so far?

Jstock12
08-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Am I misreading the stats, or does it appear Shem is having a tough time rebounding the basketball so far?

8-9rpg PER40. Pretty much the same rebounding rate as with Gonzaga.

DixieZag
08-09-2015, 09:25 AM

Back to the topic:

Great! Welcome! Comment often.

Really appreciate your ability/willingness to translate. Google doesn't translate Polish or Russian well. Both languages are some of the most complex out there and tough to learn alongside English.

And, it'll be good to hear views on how Karno is doing from those that have known/watched him for years on other teams.

Glad to have you.

Zagceo
08-09-2015, 09:46 AM
For those that Facebook…….Nice to follow PK with videos and translations available.

LINK (https://www.facebook.com/przemek.karnowski)

Chicken Ball
08-10-2015, 09:20 AM
8-9rpg PER40. Pretty much the same rebounding rate as with Gonzaga.

Oh, good. Glad to see I just wasn't reading the stats right.

Jstock12
08-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Oh, good. Glad to see I just wasn't reading the stats right.

On second thought, you were right. I guess I just didn't want it to be true, haha. Yeah... seems like his rebounding rate for these games was 6.25rpg per40 :/ Small sample size though, for all we know he might go and grab 20 boards the next game.

krii
08-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys and please to e-meet you as well :-)

As for translations - if you need anything I am happy to help! sometimes I may not have time straight after post but I will do it anyway:-) You're right - Polish is quite complicated. I speak 4 languages and all of them are muuuch easier to learn than Polish - even after that many years I am sometimes struggling with proper grammar. Horror ;-)

Rebounding - remember that it is European basketball. Look at other players - even Gortat have problems with this element. There a lot more people around the rim, in general it is harder to rebound. And its just friendly game so no one would risk an injury ;-)

One more thing about Karno - I have a feeling that his first years abroad might affect him more than many think. He was completely new in the US bball, the expectations have been massive as he was described as one of the most exciting young centers from Europe who was a huge "rival" of Jonas Valanciunas (they've been playing against each other for a couple of years in international games). Now he is veteran of college basketball, experienced with Polish national team, backed by some NBA players (The Polish Hammer;-) for instance) and very, very dangerous for other teams. And he knows that.

IMO he just needed some positive hype around him that build his confidence up. I bet he would shock a lot of people with his style this year - it wouldn't be a season with many flashy yet inefficient plays. He will be team-oriented, hard-working dude, who is focused on winning games and development. He will show why he is considered one of the best centers in college but he will not be shiny, star-ish etc. Just finishing in the top, top position on many Zags tops (scoring, blocking, games played&win, rebounds).

There is hype around Domantas&Kyle but not many feel it with Shem, I don't get it. All of them should be drafted, even if I think that Domantas should stay another year in a college (he may just develop more skills/power and become dominant, in NBA there is no time for just plain development).

Jstock12
08-10-2015, 06:02 PM
There is hype around Domantas&Kyle but not many feel it with Shem, I don't get it. All of them should be drafted, even if I think that Domantas should stay another year in a college (he may just develop more skills/power and become dominant, in NBA there is no time for just plain development).

Shem is going to get drafted, in my opinion. It's just very hard for me to imagine him going undrafted. I guess the biggest question mark for the NBA scouts is his mobility, but if he did in fact get in a good shape and manages to keep it up, there's just no reason that he shouldn't be an early second rounder or even a late first round pick. As a Lithuanian I'd like to remind you that our very own Arturas Gudaitis was drafted 47th overall this year and Shem is slightly younger and much more skilled than him, so he should get picked by someone, for sure, I just don't know if it'll be a guaranteed contract as a first rounder, or maybe even a draft-and-stash type of thing in Europe, as a second rounder.

MDABE80
08-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Weight loss better elevation, great passer and his hands ( HIS HANDS) look much softer! Primed for a great season!

GonzagasaurusFlex
08-11-2015, 04:31 AM
Shem is going to get drafted, in my opinion. It's just very hard for me to imagine him going undrafted. I guess the biggest question mark for the NBA scouts is his mobility, but if he did in fact get in a good shape and manages to keep it up, there's just no reason that he shouldn't be an early second rounder or even a late first round pick. As a Lithuanian I'd like to remind you that our very own Arturas Gudaitis was drafted 47th overall this year and Shem is slightly younger and much more skilled than him, so he should get picked by someone, for sure, I just don't know if it'll be a guaranteed contract as a first rounder, or maybe even a draft-and-stash type of thing in Europe, as a second rounder.

My hope for PK is that he gets drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies and can back-up Marc Gasol for a few years. That'd be a great learning experience and I think PK can mirror his game after Gasol the younger's.

Jstock12
08-11-2015, 04:55 AM
My hope for PK is that he gets drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies and can back-up Marc Gasol for a few years. That'd be a great learning experience and I think PK can mirror his game after Gasol the younger's.

That's a great thought & comparison. Both big guys, both have a knack for defense and can pass with the best of them. Well, Marc wasn't a very good defender when he first came to the NBA, but since then he became an elite defender at his position, he has also really expanded his offensive repertoire. Here's hoping Shem can follow a similar path.

Jstock12
08-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Any news regarding Shem's adventures?

krii
08-14-2015, 01:04 AM
Any news regarding Shem's adventures?
Sorry, I am in the business travel and it takes me forever to find any spare time.

I've been following entire Polish team on social media and it seems like Shem is in really good relations with Gortat. They both organized a few events for fans - such as yesterday they met fans in Warsaw and gave them about 60 tickets for national team games.
For me it is a really great news - as much as I like Gortat (by far my favourite player) I feel Shem will be better. And this relationship only helps Przemek understand his strenghts - Marcin became very popular across Poland and USA (many NBA fans appreciate his game & presence) and he knows how to deal with being NBA player. PK is IMO more talented but he can learn A LOT from Gortat. I mean we are talking about a guy who played over 500 games in NBA and became one of the best centers around the league, great player to learn from!

GonzagasaurusFlex
08-14-2015, 03:43 AM
Sorry, I am in the business travel and it takes me forever to find any spare time.

I've been following entire Polish team on social media and it seems like Shem is in really good relations with Gortat. They both organized a few events for fans - such as yesterday they met fans in Warsaw and gave them about 60 tickets for national team games.
For me it is a really great news - as much as I like Gortat (by far my favourite player) I feel Shem will be better. And this relationship only helps Przemek understand his strenghts - Marcin became very popular across Poland and USA (many NBA fans appreciate his game & presence) and he knows how to deal with being NBA player. PK is IMO more talented but he can learn A LOT from Gortat. I mean we are talking about a guy who played over 500 games in NBA and became one of the best centers around the league, great player to learn from!

Love hearing the Polish Hammer is mentoring Shem this summer, aka Polish Hammer 2.0! I can see why you say Shem will be better than Gortat as he seems to already be a superior passer and arguably mid-range shooter, but Shem has a long way to go in terms of physicality and rebounding to match up with Gortat. Shem has the bball skills to surpass Gortat but I'm not sure he will ever be athletic enough to do so. Gortat owns the paint and is just a physical presence inside; Shem not so much....yet?!!

kosi55
08-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Spain - Poland

Live stats - http://baloncestoenvivo.feb.es/Game/2015002
Stream - http://cdn.livetv.sx/webplayer2.php?t=letontv&c=gdfgdgdf32&lang=en&eid=332573&lid=318887&ci=275&si=3

ZagNative
08-15-2015, 12:03 PM
You are fantastic! Thank you so much!

Spain - Poland

Live stats - http://baloncestoenvivo.feb.es/Game/2015002
Stream - http://cdn.livetv.sx/webplayer2.php?t=letontv&c=gdfgdgdf32&lang=en&eid=332573&lid=318887&ci=275&si=3

MDABE80
08-15-2015, 12:48 PM
Amazing transformation. He actually looks like a dangerous center! Much much quicker with his feet. Actually gets up in the air pretty well.
I am surprised at Karno's progress.

hooter73
08-15-2015, 01:02 PM
4 points 5 rebounds with 6:40 left. Dont know how many minutes hes played

kosi55
08-15-2015, 01:03 PM
4 points 5 rebounds with 6:40 left. Dont know how many minutes hes played

11:32 - http://baloncestoenvivo.feb.es/Game/2015002#boxscore

007Zag
08-15-2015, 01:06 PM
Shem had a really nice rebound and putback dunk from a standstill. He was pretty animated coming back up the floor too. Looking good, Mount K.

Dogtownkid
08-15-2015, 02:32 PM
This is very exciting! I can hardly wait till November

Jstock12
08-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Shem is learning from one of the top centers in the entire NBA and will be competing against other studs like Pau, Gobert... Once he gets back from the EuroBasket, NCAA competition might seem like a cakewalk for the most part. Here's hoping he's going to dominate in his last season in the NCAA. 14ppg/8rpg/2apg/1.5bpg on 60% shooting :)

kitzbuel
08-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Shem is learning from one of the top centers in the entire NBA and will be competing against other studs like Pau, Gobert... Once he gets back from the EuroBasket, NCAA competition might seem like a cakewalk for the most part. Here's hoping he's going to dominate in his last season in the NCAA. 14ppg/8rpg/2apg/1.5bpg on 60% shooting :)
Oh, the refs will take care of that...

krii
08-16-2015, 01:13 AM
Love hearing the Polish Hammer is mentoring Shem this summer, aka Polish Hammer 2.0! I can see why you say Shem will be better than Gortat as he seems to already be a superior passer and arguably mid-range shooter, but Shem has a long way to go in terms of physicality and rebounding to match up with Gortat. Shem has the bball skills to surpass Gortat but I'm not sure he will ever be athletic enough to do so. Gortat owns the paint and is just a physical presence inside; Shem not so much....yet?!!

I would be pleased with PK being The Polish Hammer 2.0, however I feel he might be better as Polish Sabonis-h ;-) I actually love this comparision - Arvydas was big (like 7 ft 3 in?), heavy (132 kg/293 lb?) - somehow similar to 7.1 ft & 123kg/271 lb Przemek. It would be very interesting - Domantas for me seems more like a classic SF/PF with higher ceilings in offensive game, rather than any type of center, whilst Shem is more like a big buddy who claims his reign under the basket. I have a big expectations for both of them, not like 20p-10r-2a expectation but quite similar :-)

I agree with you that Shem has a lot to do in terms of physical attributes - he seems much better this offseason but it is still just a start. He is still very young for a center and this year should be massive for him - I bet that by the end of this season he will look like a proper, athletic center with much higher ceiling that most think of right now. Karnowski might be less physical presence yet more flashy/passing type of player when comparing to Gortat. Ohh I can't wait ...

Actually it would perfect if Karno & Domantas could play in one team in a future - they have amazing feeling for game and contribute heavily to their games. What do you think?

By the way - I updated Shem's wiki page. If you feel we should add something give me a sign :-) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przemek_Karnowski

VaBeachZAG
08-16-2015, 06:39 AM
I would be pleased with PK being The Polish Hammer 2.0, however I feel he might be better as Polish Sabonis-h ;-) I actually love this comparision - Arvydas was big (like 7 ft 3 in?), heavy (132 kg/293 lb?) - somehow similar to 7.1 ft & 123kg/271 lb Przemek. [/url]

This is the first I have heard that PK is down to 271 lbs, but if true, it should help him greatly in advancing his effectiveness on the floor. I would think around 270 lbs would be an ideal playing weight for PK.

kosi55
08-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Poland - Senegal live State - http://baloncestoenvivo.feb.es/Game/2015007
No stream this time.

Jstock12
08-16-2015, 10:27 AM
I would be pleased with PK being The Polish Hammer 2.0, however I feel he might be better as Polish Sabonis-h ;-) I actually love this comparision - Arvydas was big (like 7 ft 3 in?), heavy (132 kg/293 lb?) - somehow similar to 7.1 ft & 123kg/271 lb Przemek.

It would be even cooler if Shem could model his body after the young & nimble pre-injuries Sabonis ;-) I have no doubt that if he really wanted, he could lower that body fat % for sure.

http://exnba.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/arvydas-sabonis-tipdunk-ussr.gif

Zagceo
08-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Interested in translation of Video with "Hammer" and "H2.o" posted here LINK (https://video-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpt1/v/t43.1792-2/1363524_1205694239457701_1246210954_n.mp4?efg=eyJy bHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTQwNH0%3D&rl=1500&vabr=897&oh=33e7a7a0e07a2670a71643f8eac14062&oe=55D3B761)

Respect The Polish Soldiers T-shirt

ZagNative
08-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Boy... Shem's looking fit...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PPKoHIzjzfI/VdTmQuKWINI/AAAAAAACkRw/uaOv2mwyBfQ/s512-Ic42/57527128bf45483593fd41c7934b2797.jpg

Mojo13
08-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Sad to see Poland is not missing out on the trend of quickly handing out passports to guards (who is that by the way?).

I give more and more respect to the few remaining countries that refuse to do this - Lithuania, Serbia etc.

EDIT: Why that is A. J. Slaughter of Western Kentucky bball fame. Naturalized in June 2015 just in time for Eurobasket. This is just silly - how is this allowed to happen? I don't even think the guy has ever played/lived in Poland either. You'd think they have some rules of residency at the very least for naturalized players. Farcical. Like Andre Blatche / Philippines level farce.

krii
08-20-2015, 02:59 AM
Interested in translation of Video with "Hammer" and "H2.o" posted here LINK (https://video-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpt1/v/t43.1792-2/1363524_1205694239457701_1246210954_n.mp4?efg=eyJy bHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTQwNH0%3D&rl=1500&vabr=897&oh=33e7a7a0e07a2670a71643f8eac14062&oe=55D3B761)

Respect The Polish Soldiers T-shirt

Full yet quick translation:
'[MARCIN GORTAT]
Hi there, it's Marcin and Przemek. We had a bad connection with Internet&Facebook and unfortunately that's why we have to shoot this video as whole.

We have a little competition for you - on 15th of August there is Armed Forces Day in Poland and we cannot make it due to the fact that we will be in Spain to play some tournament with the national team. We would love to remember and commemorate our boys (soldiers) so here's a clue - people who will be ... Przemek, where?
[PRZEMEK KARNOWSKI]
At the junction of Bitwy Warszawskiej street (Battle of Warsaw Street) & Białobrzeska St ...

[MARCIN GORTAT]
There is this memorial plaque of our boys (soldiers). And you can win ...

[PRZEMEK KARNOWSKI]
60 tickets for national team games in Bydgoszcz later in August ...

[MARCIN GORTAT]
and the main prize will be ...

[PRZEMEK KARNOWSKI]
The t-shirt 'Respect for the Polish Soldiers' signed by Washington Wizards

[MARCIN GORTAT]
And everyone who will be there at 6 pm, TODAY at 6pm - me and Przemek and maybe some other national team players will be there - so people who will be there dressed in our military colours and who would like to honour in any way our soldiers will be awarded the main prizes ... Hope to see you there at 6pm! I SEE YOU (;) ).

Sad to see Poland is not missing out on the trend of quickly handing out passports to guards (who is that by the way?).

I give more and more respect to the few remaining countries that refuse to do this - Lithuania, Serbia etc.

EDIT: Why that is A. J. Slaughter of Western Kentucky bball fame. Naturalized in June 2015 just in time for Eurobasket. This is just silly - how is this allowed to happen? I don't even think the guy has ever played/lived in Poland either. You'd think they have some rules of residency at the very least for naturalized players. Farcical. Like Andre Blatche / Philippines level farce.

Yeah I know what you mean. Actually most people in there were kind of shocked with this decision, however it is just a trend sometimes you cannot skip. Lithuania is daaamn talented and they have much better players on 1's position. I am not supporting it in any way though.

HOWEVER, a couple of years ago we had David Logan and Thomas Kelati, 'naturalized' to play in national team. But Logan played in Poland 4 years and Thomas has Polish wife. That is something at least ...

kosi55
08-20-2015, 04:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGOiKLrzrvY

hooter73
08-20-2015, 07:10 AM
Hmm, missed lay in attempt and then he figures out that hes 7 ft tall and should literally dunk every-freaking-thing.

Zagceo
08-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Thanks krii for the translation.

kosi55
08-21-2015, 09:38 AM
Poland - Turkey starts in few min.
live stream - http://www.ntvspor.net/canliyayin
stats - http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=3&gameID=67467&lng=en

ZagNative
08-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Thank you Kosi55! You are amazing!

hooter73
08-21-2015, 10:10 AM
Sweet!

Not watching live but the stats say hes starting strong with 4 pts and 1 rebound so far.

ZagNative
08-21-2015, 11:35 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QVd9crGpdG8/Vdd8-j4hqSI/AAAAAAACkT4/QTTtoAWi1Ek/s576-Ic42/2015-08-21%252520Przemek%252520Karnowski.jpg

hooter73
08-21-2015, 12:48 PM
more turnovers than rebounds is not a great sight.

soccerdud
08-21-2015, 01:02 PM

he also committed 5 fouls and drew none. wonder if some of those TOs were offensive fouls?

GonzagasaurusFlex
08-21-2015, 04:53 PM

6/10 from the field is a good sign though! I'm not worried about the fouls or low rebound numbers because PK is playing on sore foot/feet. Limited mobility leads to fouls and less active rebounding. Plantar fascia whatchamacallit is not something you have one week then is gone the next. I respect his decision to play through the pain for his country, and I hope he gets stateside then shuts it down for several weeks to rest up for NCAA season.

krii
08-22-2015, 07:19 AM
Przemek has a very slow start in this game with Germany but he bounced back in the last quarter. IMO he needs a year of gym/mass building. He is soooo skilled but still lacks of muscles - it's just a matter of time though (it looks like each year he is progressing with his body musculature, less body fat etc.).

Today he played against good German bigs and sometimes he lacked of touch, he was moved around a few times. He fouled just once though (very good foul, he stopped quick counter attack when Poland had chance to do a run).

I would say that he is almost ready to play at NBA level. This another year will help him a lot.

ZagNative
08-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Box Score (http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=3&gameID=67468&lng=de). Germany won it 82-69.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hY3JTdc5O8k/VdjK4uXb5kI/AAAAAAACkUI/RTp0PEJ2Ltk/s576-Ic42/2015-08-22%252520przemek%252520karnowski%252520germany.jpg

ZagNative
08-23-2015, 08:14 AM
Poland vs. Latvia 39-33 (http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=3&gameID=67471&lng=de) with less than a minute left in the first half. Doesn't look like Karnowski has played.

raise the zag
08-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Karno playing thru nagging/chronic foot injury. Tendonitis in his heel bone area. Possible day of rest warranted.

zagzilla
08-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Nagging/chronic injuries need rest. Hope this doesn't follow him into the CBB season. Take it easy big guy

Bogozags
08-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Sorry about this question BUT did Elias make the German's Team? If not any reasons why not...

THANKS

Zagdawg
08-24-2015, 11:17 AM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/24/przemek-karnowskis-poor-plane-etiquette-sitting-next-to-marcin-gortat-photos/

Mojo13
08-24-2015, 11:36 AM
Elias is not playing due to injuries. Some sort of operation on his finger in the off season that he has not yet recovered from. He was in the mix of training camp invites.

kosi55
08-24-2015, 12:43 PM
If you want to download full games of Polish National Team from last days check this Twitter -> https://twitter.com/PolskiBasketTV

From what I read (http://www.przegladsportowy.pl/koszykowka/reprezentacja,koszykowka-przed-eurobasket-2015-polska-lotwa-81-82,artykul,597329,1,866.html) Przemek just don't play against Latvia (no connection with injury). Coach decision.

krii
08-24-2015, 01:09 PM
Coach decision but nothing to worry - they wanted to test how smaller and more mobile bigs play against very similar players from Latvia. I think it's even better - he will have a couple of days to rest:-)

ZagNative
08-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Link to live stats (http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=5&lng=pl&game_number=KM-2015-002) for today's game with Iceland

kosi55
08-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Poland - Belgium
stream - http://ifirstrow.eu/watch/366344/1/watch-poland-vs-belgium.html
live stats - http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=5&gameID=70288&lng=en

kosi55
08-29-2015, 12:19 PM
After poor performance yesterday, today Przemek played really well, especially in defense.

And as always he has few good passes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjwVizAYGT0

Soon the download link should be here - https://twitter.com/PolskiBasketTV

kosi55
08-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Another game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlZzCY7gpqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gi6tdRDJZc

Stats - http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=5&gameID=70290&lng=en
Gortat had a day off.

ZagNative
08-30-2015, 10:52 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-aqSP31JZKQ0/VeNQYBf2H6I/AAAAAAACkdo/kj9nhBI0O2k/s512-Ic42/2015-08-30%252520Przemek%252520Karnowski%252520Lebanon.jpg

Zagdawg
08-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Liking the "Big Mamba" nickname.

He is looking good.

kosi55
08-31-2015, 11:23 AM
Another play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLYxSJ7wwmg

ZagNative
09-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Marcin Gortat tweets a funny Pic of him and Shem sandwiching some poor guy on the flight to Paris:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN5uTguUcAIFi2w.jpg

3zagda
09-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Can Shem actually fit in a coach seat? Seems impossible.

MTZag03
09-02-2015, 07:09 PM
At 6'3 to 6'4 it's ridiculous how tight it is for me. No clue how a 7 footer could do it. But, I'm pretty sure those aren't sardine tin seats like we have here.

cjm720
09-03-2015, 07:24 AM
I'd hate to be the guy in the middle...tight squeeze!

Seems like a great summer for Shem.