PDA

View Full Version : Cord cutting advice in regards to Zag games

jchocolate99
07-31-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm contemplating cutting the cord with my cable and just keeping my internet service to help with my TV needs and save money. I see that Sling TV has a basic cable streaming service for $20/mo that also allows you to add a sports add-on for an additional $5/mo that would allow me to have all the ESPN channels to watch my Zags when they play on ESPN. My dilemma though is because of my late work schedule I always depended on DVR to watch those games after I got off work. I see that ESPN has an online thing called WatchESPN that allows you to watch previously aired games. My question to my Zag faithful who are familiar with that does ESPN replay ALL games that were aired? or is it a situation where they only play a few of the games from that days airing?

jazzdelmar
07-31-2015, 03:18 PM
IMO, it's glitchy and wholly undependable. I would hate to put all my Zags eggs in that quirky basket.

I'm contemplating cutting the cord with my cable and just keeping my internet service to help with my TV needs and save money. I see that Sling TV has a basic cable streaming service for $20/mo that also allows you to add a sports add-on for an additional $5/mo that would allow me to have all the ESPN channels to watch my Zags when they play on ESPN. My dilemma though is because of my late work schedule I always depended on DVR to watch those games after I got off work. I see that ESPN has an online thing called WatchESPN that allows you to watch previously aired games. My question to my Zag faithful who are familiar with that does ESPN replay ALL games that were aired? or is it a situation where they only play a few of the games from that days airing?

Chicken Ball
07-31-2015, 03:26 PM
I used Sling all this past year. It was a bit glitchy, but I never missed signifcant action. A few minutes here or there. Well worth the savings, IMO.For the non-ESPN games, I relied on a mix of our friendly, GUboards fishing guides and the WCC's TV network for conference games (I don't live in any WCC team's TV market).

jchocolate99
07-31-2015, 03:36 PM
but does anyone know if the watchESPN website replays all the ESPN aired zag games afterward?

jazzdelmar
07-31-2015, 03:37 PM
but does anyone know if the watchESPN website replays all the ESPN aired zag games afterward?

The answer is yes and no. Hence I wouldn't count on it.

webspinnre
07-31-2015, 03:39 PM
I can't recall not seeing one available. They might not be available for a few hours sometimes though.

slickguser
07-31-2015, 04:01 PM
I cut the cord over two seasons ago.

In my experience, all Gonzaga games broadcast on the ESPN family of stations have shown up as Replays on WatchESPN. Most games are posted about 1 hour after the game finishes. Sometimes the games are posted around the half hour mark, and on a few occasions, as long as 12 hours.

Chicken Ball
07-31-2015, 04:10 PM
Sling does not grant access to WatchESPN, only to the live broadcast of ESPN and ESPN2.

slickguser
07-31-2015, 04:27 PM
While I do not have SlingTV, I do believe that it provides WatchESPN.

You can see that SlingTV is a valid Provider to access WatchESPN:
https://espn.go.com/watchespn/activate

There is also this post:
http://blog.sling.com/announcements/watch-espn3-with-sling-tv/

jchocolate99
07-31-2015, 04:31 PM
Sling does not grant access to WatchESPN, only to the live broadcast of ESPN and ESPN2.

That's not what I've been reading... I've read you can use watchESPN with your slingTV logon

izzjess
07-31-2015, 04:36 PM
i have sling...and yes you get watchespn with it..and they replay all games on that channel about an hour after the live game..and I have the extra sport package..and it also is great..I am a cord cutter

zagfan24
07-31-2015, 05:19 PM
Between WatchESPN and Livestream (an app I have on my Roku that airs WCC.tv broadcasts) I almost never miss a game.

Bogozags
07-31-2015, 05:52 PM
Between WatchESPN and Livestream (an app I have on my Roku that airs WCC.tv broadcasts) I almost never miss a game.

Using DirectTV I get all GU GAMES; however, all GU games including the Women's games can be seen on WCC.tv and believe they can be replayed too

gonzagafan62
07-31-2015, 06:18 PM
You can watch all GU games on YouTube. Search for Robert perry network.

Zaga
07-31-2015, 06:33 PM
IMO, it's glitchy and wholly undependable. I would hate to put all my Zags eggs in that quirky basket.

Put a little mustard (money) on that biscuit(TV account) and that dog l' hunt. Hate to miss another live Heister tv timeout!

thegloriousgoateeofKP
07-31-2015, 07:28 PM
You can watch all GU games on YouTube. Search for Robert perry network.

How soon after they end are the games up?

gonzagafan62
07-31-2015, 08:08 PM
How soon after they end are the games up?

Usually 1 day

zagamatic
07-31-2015, 10:22 PM
If you're curious as to whether or not sling (or any other providers) gets you access to the watchespn app, you can simply try signing up for the service because you have to have some sort of subscription to ESPN through some sort of programming provider to sign up for the app. It gives you a list of providers to choose from and you click on it and use your account info for signing up. That's why the app is free, because you're already paying for ESPN somewhere else.