PDA

View Full Version : Daejon Davis offered by Gonzaga - 2017 6'4 combo guard - Lakeside HS (WA)

exclusivelee
07-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Daejon Davis ‏@DaejonDavis
Blessed to receive an offer from Gonzaga #Doubted... ��

I believe this is his 6th offer after Washington, Seattle U, Wazzu, Nevada, & Cal

So, Gonzaga's first 3 offers for 2017 are all in-state kids (Jaylen Nowell & Corey Kispert are the other 2)

Daejon nearly made the cut for the U16 USA team this year, which Jaylen was selected for.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/29/8e78421220e84f615a082a7846b95271.jpg

More info from Rivals:

Adidas Championships: Bossi's best (https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1786112)

July 26, 2015

Daejon Davis - The four-star combo guard from Seattle and the class of 2017 is one of those kids who has a great feel for the game and does a little bit of everything. He got key rebounds from the wing, hit a few jumpers and showed the ability to rotate between point and shooting guard on both ends of the floor.

Trials for this summer's USA Basketball 16-and-under national team (https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1770205)

May 29, 2015

Because of his versatility, 2017 combo guard Daejon Davis was able to involve himself in a lot of action on both ends of the floor. Ranked No. 48 in 2017, the 6-foot-2 combo guard from Seattle (Wash.) Lakeside was all over the floor. He knocked down some shots and slashed from the wing. He led fast breaks, is an impressive rebounder from any guard position and defends very well. Davis said hometown Washington has given him his only offer, but Gonzaga, California, Arizona, Washington State, Oregon State, Kansas and Virginia have been in touch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O3tjv8draM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9YPPajntFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrUSPLu514

cjm720
07-29-2015, 02:35 PM
wow this kid's going to be very good. thanks for sharing

ProjectMKUltra5
07-29-2015, 02:54 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/h8UyZ6FiT0ptC/giphy.gif

Tmac5360
07-30-2015, 01:39 AM
I watched him last year here in Spokane against Rogers HS. State tourney game. He was miles ahead of everybody else on the floor. Very humble as well. He is total Zag material!!'

PFzag
07-30-2015, 07:43 AM
Looks like a young Dwyane Wade.

LongIslandZagFan
07-30-2015, 08:44 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/h8UyZ6FiT0ptC/giphy.gif

Just want to say... that is one awesome GIF.

Bogozags
07-30-2015, 04:34 PM
One post lists the young man at 6'4" and another lists him at 6'2". Is one with his shoes on @6'4" and off @ 6'2"?

ProjectMKUltra5
07-30-2015, 06:22 PM
One post lists the young man at 6'4" and another lists him at 6'2". Is one with his shoes on @6'4" and off @ 6'2"?

Never, NEVER listen to the bigger estimates with hs athletes. 6'4 is just fluff, he's probably closer to 6'2.

zagfan94
07-30-2015, 06:29 PM
Never, NEVER listen to the bigger estimates with hs athletes. 6'4 is just fluff, he's probably closer to 6'2.

That just makes his vertical more impressive. :D

Bogozags
07-31-2015, 04:38 AM
I asked the question, because the NBA summer League (Las Vegas) announcers stated the players were all measured in their shoes and not in their bare feet.

23zagmd
07-31-2015, 07:12 AM
Who plays in their bare feet?

this kid can play. Really explosive and great athlete. Going to be one of the top 10-15 kids in that whole class....imo.

MDABE80
07-31-2015, 09:47 AM
Sure this kid is 16?? I don't remember 16 yr old kids looking like this. EVER!

ProjectMKUltra5
07-31-2015, 10:06 AM
2017 class in Washington is going to be better then the 2011 class that produced Tony Wroten, Gary Bell, and Devonte Lacy imo. Sooooooo much talent top to bottom.

exclusivelee
07-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Daejon's Draft Express profile: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Daejon-Davis-90080/

Late May 2015 @ U16 USA basketball camp: 6'4" WITH shoes, 6'2" WITHOUT

Mid June 2015 @ Nike Elite 100 camp: 6'3" WITHOUT shoes

hooter73
08-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Im a fan. He looks young and good... and knows it. Might be a nice one to be in on early if he continues to progress and mature.

cggonzaga
08-01-2015, 08:54 PM
If he progresses and matures? He could already play here. Love the kids game but pretty sure he's going factory.

PHSBBall
08-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Daejon's Draft Express profile: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Daejon-Davis-90080/

Late May 2015 @ U16 USA basketball camp: 6'4" WITH shoes, 6'2" WITHOUT

Mid June 2015 @ Nike Elite 100 camp: 6'3" WITHOUT shoes

Those are not accurate measurements, closer to 6'2" or 6'3" WITH shoes. Really depends on whether or not they measure the hair or not, there is a reason all of these young fella's are going back to the tall hairstyles :)

The kid is so explosive and he plays so much bigger than he is that it's easier for sites to get away with listing him taller.

SLOZag
08-17-2015, 12:26 PM
"The versatile Davis makes a strong argument as the top shooting guard prospect on the west in 2017 given the long list of ways he impacts the game."
"So far, scholarship offers have come in from Washington, Washington State, Seattle, Nevada, Montana, Gonzaga, California and Tulane, Davis said, with four schools doing the best job recruiting him." -- Gonzaga, Cal, Washington and Wazzu

Davis lists the positives of playing at GU: "I like their success and history. I like their coaches. I also like their location in Spokane; there’s not much over there so I would be focused out there."

Unfortunately, his scheduled visits (official? unofficial?) don't sound as promising as the above remarks: "I know Cal is on Sept. 26, I think Oregon State is Aug. 23 and UW will be whenever my mom is off work.”

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1575298-four-recruiting-daejon-davis-hardest

exclusivelee
08-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Great find SLOZag. Those would be unofficial visits. Kids can't take official visits until Jan. 1 of their junior year.

cggonzaga
08-17-2015, 01:53 PM
I also like their location in Spokane; there’s not much over there so I would be focused out there."

Ouch! I don't think Spokane's so bad. Maybe he's not very outdoorsy? But no, we're not Seattle.

NotoriousZ
08-17-2015, 05:31 PM
"I also like their location in Spokane; there’s not much over there so I would be focused out there."

Ouch! I don't think Spokane's so bad. Maybe he's not very outdoorsy? But no, we're not Seattle.

I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the major sport teams in Spokane. And he's absolutely right, no offense to the Spokane Chiefs, Indians, and Shock. And EWU and WSU don't have Spokane teams, despite the regional association.

Actually, Seattle's way too overcrowded for my taste. Plus, there's better golf and skiing in the eastside, I'll take the harsh winters.

23zagmd
08-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Tweeted this morning that he is going to UW!

continued to be amazed by the decision making of these City kids.....UW really does have this side of the state locked up.

jazzdelmar
08-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Tweeted this morning that he is going to UW!

continued to be amazed by the decision making of these City kids.....UW really does have this side of the state locked up.

Agree. The pied piper trail that leads to both UDub and San Diego State is remarkable, puzzling, suspicious. Gosh, it's almost like it's paved with gold.

Bouldin4Prez
08-25-2015, 01:36 PM
A lot of people underrate location of the school when considering the college decision for these young athletes. Spokane is a relatively small town with not much to offer for kids 18-22 year olds other than obviously a great basketball program. If you stack up Spokane with the likes of Seattle and San Diego, it makes the past 15 years of tradition that Gonzaga has built up go right out the window in a sense.

Some kids see value in player development, tradition, and focusing on basketball. Others see value in living in big cities, great weather and having a little better college experience than a small catholic school in Spokane, WA. I'm not saying either way of thinking is right or wrong but there are two ways to look at this. Gonzaga doesn't exude college atmosphere when compared to a school like say Arizona State University who has smoking hot sorority girls in bikinis walking around everywhere.

jazzdelmar
08-25-2015, 01:42 PM
A lot of people underrate location of the school when considering the college decision for these young athletes. Spokane is a relatively small town with not much to offer for kids 18-22 year olds other than obviously a great basketball program. If you stack up Spokane with the likes of Seattle and San Diego, it makes the past 15 years of tradition that Gonzaga has built up go right out the window in a sense.

Some kids see value in player development, tradition, and focusing on basketball. Others see value in living in big cities, great weather and having a little better college experience than a small catholic school in Spokane, WA. I'm not saying either way of thinking is right or wrong but there are two ways to look at this. Gonzaga doesn't exude college atmosphere when compared to a school like say Arizona State University who has smoking hot sorority girls in bikinis walking around everywhere.

All great points, if you're talking about two and three star kids looking for a four year experience. Rather, the kids who are spurning the second or best program on the west coast for an underperforming coach or a boring offense are those who, ostensibly, have their eyes laser focused on a pro career and ASAP. In consideration of that, GU is lakes and oceans ahead of Dub and day hop U.

maynard g krebs
08-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Agree. The pied piper trail that leads to both UDub and San Diego State is remarkable, puzzling, suspicious. Gosh, it's almost like it's paved with gold.

Don't know much about SDSU, but it's understandable about Seattle kids and UW, for a number of reasons. They see a bunch of UW locals in the pros, and those guys are around in summer as scrimmage partners/friends/mentors/surrogate UW recruiters. UW/Romar does have a track record of getting 3 and 4 star guys to the NBA. And there's the home factor.

I don't think Romar or UW is paying kids. Not sure but I'd bet Davis has been playing with these guys all summer in the Jamal Crawford pro-am league, open to anyone who isn't currently in college.

As to the Fultz kid, Times article said Romar's known him since he was a little kid.

basketballzag
08-25-2015, 01:57 PM
All great points, if you're talking about two and three star kids looking for a four year experience. Rather, the kids who are spurning the second or best program on the west coast for an underperforming coach or a boring offense are those who, ostensibly, have their eyes laser focused on a pro career and ASAP. In consideration of that, GU is lakes and oceans ahead of Dub and day hop U.

Good luck to the kid. Will be very interesting to see where UW's roster transitions over the next year.

nish_mode
08-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Good luck to the kid. Will be very interesting to see where UW's roster transitions over the next year.

I know this, Romar is paying cell phone bills...for who, i can't confirm.

ZagaZags
08-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Don't know much about SDSU, but it's understandable about Seattle kids and UW, for a number of reasons. They see a bunch of UW locals in the pros, and those guys are around in summer as scrimmage partners/friends/mentors/surrogate UW recruiters. UW/Romar does have a track record of getting 3 and 4 star guys to the NBA. And there's the home factor.

I don't think Romar or UW is paying kids. Not sure but I'd bet Davis has been playing with these guys all summer in the Jamal Crawford pro-am league, open to anyone who isn't currently in college.

As to the Fultz kid, Times article said Romar's known him since he was a little kid.

This is a nice story on SDSU recruiting. ( Little OT )

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/aug/21/sdsu-basketball-recruiting-justin-hutson-las-vegas/

Bogozags
08-25-2015, 03:57 PM
I asked a question earlier in another thread about UW's draw to kids from the Seattle area and if the kids have talent (4or5*s) then they have been going to UW...heck has so many guards drafted into the NBA...who was the last GU guard drafted and how many years ago was that...it's hard to convince these kids that going to GU will get you better prepared for the NBA...in the last four years, we have had two players drafted (Rob and Kelly) and how many UW plAyers have been drafted in that same period...maybe Josh will be the one to break the trend and be the first guard drafted in how long?

It is quite ironic how GU is in some circles as "Guard-U" and UW consistently has their guards drafted...just saying.

GO ZAGS BEAT HUSKIES!

seacatfan
08-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Interesting Bogo. I think the Zags have had some near misses in recent years, guys that end up in summer camps annually, but don't make the cut. And it's not just about UW getting guys out of HS that were fairly likely NBA bound all along. I don't think anybody had Isaiah Thomas pegged as a future NBA player, and better than average one at that. Although Abdul Gaddy was a McD's AA and after 4 years at UW went undrafted and has yet to break into the NBA, so they have that one working against them. In addition to Perkins potentially being in the NBA in the near future, Nigel Williams-Goss is another possibility. I think GU would get more credit for NWG than UW would if that ends up happening. And of course there was some former walk-on named Stockton that I think will be on an NBA roster this upcoming season. Fairly mind boggling that guys like Pangos (maybe still to be decided?), Gray, Bouldin, Pargo etc. don't find a home there and maybe Stockton will.

deathchina
08-25-2015, 07:38 PM
Currently UW has 7 guys in the NBA and GU has 3 (assuming Stockton sticks). That has sway.

UK has 22.

Duke has 18.

jazzdelmar
08-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Currently UW has 7 guys in the NBA and GU has 3 (assuming Stockton sticks). That has sway.

UK has 22.

Duke has 18.

Expect that to change big time over next 3-5 years.

Zagdawg
08-25-2015, 11:52 PM
romar with all that nba talent and he cant get the dawgs into the dance---such a shame.

Zagger
08-25-2015, 11:53 PM
I love Spokane! Born here, spent most of my life here, grad of Wazzu, EWU & GU too. But, to many folks on the W side Spokane may as well be in N ID when it comes to any comparison to Seattle. We're Hicksville to many a westsider. When anyone who's not been to Spokane drives I-90 from Seattle to here .... it's one heck of an eye opener at how geographically different Eastern & Western Washington are. I'm not saying GU shouldn't make offers to W side kids but chances are if UW also offers the player .....

CDC84
08-26-2015, 12:10 AM
And again, some kids just don't want to leave home. Especially when home is a beautiful city like Seattle.

Birddog
08-26-2015, 03:35 AM
So Romar gets a little mustard for his Dawgs.

Bogozags
08-26-2015, 04:24 AM
Here are some "IF's" to throw around...regarding the recruiting of west coast guards:

If a player wants to go to the Dance every year then the player chooses Arizona or GU

If a player wants be drafted by an NBA team, then they go to Arizona, UW, UCLA or UNLV...

GU has had 4 or 5 (Blake Stepp?) players drafted in the last 15 years. It seems like UA, UCLA, UW and UNLV get at least one player a year...it is just hard to compete with those programs

jazzdelmar
08-26-2015, 04:38 AM
I love Spokane! Born here, spent most of my life here, grad of Wazzu, EWU & GU too. But, to many folks on the W side Spokane may as well be in N ID when it comes to any comparison to Seattle. We're Hicksville to many a westsider. When anyone who's not been to Spokane drives I-90 from Seattle to here .... it's one heck of an eye opener at how geographically different Eastern & Western Washington are. I'm not saying GU shouldn't make offers to W side kids but chances are if UW also offers the player .....

Hicksville? Ever been to Storrs CT or Syracuse NY? Hasn't hurt their FF chances.

jazzdelmar
08-26-2015, 04:41 AM

Eastern Wa is every bit as nice as the western part of the state, IMO. Having spent 6 arduous months at Lewis and Yakima, and having biked across the state, among other journeys, Wa is an amazing state all-in, my 2nd fave, right behind glorious Montana.

LongIslandZagFan
08-26-2015, 05:33 AM
Have to concur. Washington State literally offers you everything. Mountains, fishing, hiking, boating. You want desert like areas... it has it. You want a rain forest... check. You want skiing... check. You want areas for paragliding/hang-gliding check. You want just visually stunning vistas... check. I love New York... but not as much as I love Washington.

strikenowhere
08-26-2015, 06:52 AM
Have to concur. Washington State literally offers you everything. Mountains, fishing, hiking, boating. You want desert like areas... it has it. You want a rain forest... check. You want skiing... check. You want areas for paragliding/hang-gliding check. You want just visually stunning vistas... check. I love New York... but not as much as I love Washington.

I visited Washington almost 15 years ago during my wannabe rockstar period and I've been trying to convince my wife to move there from the NJ shore ever since!

hooter73
08-26-2015, 08:32 AM
It is quite ironic how GU is in some circles as "Guard-U" and UW consistently has their guards drafted...just saying.
GO ZAGS BEAT HUSKIES!

GU does college ball better. UW does NBA more often... that does not equal better either. All just depends on what a kid wants... and is actually capable of. I'm willing to bet that last part gets a bit overblown when recruiting talks happen.

Zagceo
08-26-2015, 08:43 AM

Don't forget one of the best concert venues in the world.

http://customtripplanning.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/gorge-concert.jpg

MDABE80
08-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Back to the "team" concept. College teams work as a unit. Romar has very good talent but he never puts a TEAM together. He fails.
he's got stars that go NBA........in 1 or 2 years. We generally do not. BUT as far as a college team and a program, GU's the winner hands down.

BUT for the past 30 years, the arrogance of Seattle people STILL regards Spokane as an outpost. I always thought it was funny (odd) that UW had this superiority coplex when we beat them so thoroughly all years but 1 when we had the series. BUT when you're a hot teen and you're in a big city and when the folks and friends surround you, it's likely you'll go to the local major university knowing full well, it's mediocre. Romar paints a spectacular high end picture. He sells them on it.
We know it's amazing over there for many things but when basketball is the definite focus, there's nothing like GU. Didn't used to be so but since 1998 (actually 1995) the program is now consistently productive and top 20 in the nation......soon to be top 10.

LongIslandZagFan
08-26-2015, 11:50 AM
GU does college ball better. UW does NBA more often... that does not equal better either. All just depends on what a kid wants... and is actually capable of. I'm willing to bet that last part gets a bit overblown when recruiting talks happen.

They leave early because they know if they stay any longer they'll diminish their "brand". What is his speech to them? "Listen, I can't guarantee that you will win many games. Tournament games... yeah CIT is tournament isn't it? If you are really good, come here, we'll do nothing to develop you, I'll likely coach you out of at least a half dozen games you should have won... but you'll play at the next level because you will have Pac12 on your resume and you'll be desparate to get out of here and away from me."

TexasZagFan
08-26-2015, 01:21 PM

Can't disagree with you. I'd love to get back up to the Pac NW, but family considerations keep me here. I promised my son that we'll be here until he graduates from HS. Then, he'll be headed to Spokane to work his way into the role of PG for the Zags in 2021 or 2022. :lmao:

If money were no object, I'd have a humongous carbon footprint and have homes in:

1. DFW
2. Sedona
3. Kanab, UT
4. San Francisco/Napa
5. Spokane
6. Traben-Trarbach, Germany

That's a good start.

I can honestly say that I've loved every place I've lived: SF Bay Area, Spokane, El Paso, DFW, and Germany. It does take a while to get used to Texas summers, though. It doesn't cool down after the sun sets. It's still in the 90s at midnight. Thank God for a/c.

ProjectMKUltra5
08-26-2015, 02:35 PM
+100 on how great Washington is

I absolutely love it here, particularly the diversity between Western, Central, and Eastern Washington. I'm partial to the west side because I'm from Snohomish county and all my family is over there. Plus I actually like the weather lol. But I have not and never will understand why Eastern Washington or Spokane gets hate. Yes, things are more conservative over here but the thing that gets me is this idea is this hodunk town in the middle of nowhere. There's like 400,000 people in Spokane and it's surrounding areas for crying out loud. No its not Seattle but its not some outpost with nothing in it.

Zagdawg
08-26-2015, 03:15 PM
I was born and raised north of Seattle and worked at Boeing for a number of years as an adult --but Spokane works out best for me and my family.

One of the primary reasons that I avoid Seattle is the traffic.

Seattle ranked #5 in this years traffic rating--life is too short to spend 89 hours a year delayed/stuck in traffic (time beyond your standard commute).

https://www.mainstreet.com/article/these-are-the-cities-that-keep-you-stuck-in-traffic-the-longest

Seattle also ranks as the 3rd snobbiest city----supporting some posters comments.

http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/snobbiest-cities-in-america/

jazzdelmar
08-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Traversing Snoqualmie has been a major life milestone for me on at least two separate occasions, 30 years apart. The second was on a bike from Seattle to Easton on 90 in a snowstorm......in June.

DixieZag
08-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Don't forget one of the best concert venues in the world.

http://customtripplanning.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/gorge-concert.jpg

Well, as said by one of the guys on the Barenaked Ladies - "That is the most stunning view I have ever seen. . . But, if you look real close, you can tell it's fake."

23zagmd
08-26-2015, 07:01 PM
College basketball players care about, in this order:

1. College Basketball
2. College Girls
3. Facilities
4. Coaching staff (could switch 4 and 5)
5. Teammates
6. vicinity to HOME

No 4,5* player is going to put Spokane in the top 5, maybe 10... then Inland Empire is a great place, but a hotbed of attracting 17-19yo, it is NOT!

thespywhozaggedme
08-26-2015, 07:40 PM
I visited Washington almost 15 years ago during my wannabe rockstar period and I've been trying to convince my wife to move there from the NJ shore ever since!

Where on the Jersey Shore are you from? I grew up outside of Atlantic City but escaped over 17 years ago

strikenowhere
08-26-2015, 07:43 PM
Where on the Jersey Shore are you from? I grew up outside of Atlantic City but escaped over 17 years ago

We originally bought a house in Point Pleasant right before the housing bubble burst and then moved to Brick a couple of years ago.

thespywhozaggedme
08-26-2015, 07:45 PM
We originally bought a house in Point Pleasant right before the housing bubble burst and then moved to Brick a couple of years ago.

My sister lives in Brick and my uncle used to own The Shrimp Box

strikenowhere
08-26-2015, 08:32 PM
My sister lives in Brick and my uncle used to own The Shrimp Box

Oh nice! Yeah the Shrimp Box was pretty good the couple of times we've been there (of course that may be after your uncle sold it). Red's Lobster ### is a great place as well. If your sister ever see's a guy with a Zags hat roaming around, chances are its probably me!

DixieZag
08-26-2015, 09:06 PM
College basketball players care about, in this order:

1. College Basketball
2. College Girls
3. Facilities
4. Coaching staff (could switch 4 and 5)
5. Teammates
6. vicinity to HOME

No 4,5* player is going to put Spokane in the top 5, maybe 10... then Inland Empire is a great place, but a hotbed of attracting 17-19yo, it is NOT!

While you raise great points and is undoubtedly close to truth, I would have to believe that for a select type of player, "success in sending players to the pros (at any level but especially NBA) has to play a very large role, perhaps even number 2.

Bogozags
09-01-2015, 04:10 AM
Can't disagree with you. I'd love to get back up to the Pac NW, but family considerations keep me here. I promised my son that we'll be here until he graduates from HS. Then, he'll be headed to Spokane to work his way into the role of PG for the Zags in 2021 or 2022. :lmao:

If money were no object, I'd have a humongous carbon footprint and have homes in:

1. DFW
2. Sedona
3. Kanab, UT
4. San Francisco/Napa
5. Spokane
6. Traben-Trarbach, Germany

That's a good start.

I can honestly say that I've loved every place I've lived: SF Bay Area, Spokane, El Paso, DFW, and Germany. It does take a while to get used to Texas summers, though. It doesn't cool down after the sun sets. It's still in the 90s at midnight. Thank God for a/c.

Boy, are you right about needing money to live in San Fran/Napa...those markets are nearly untouchable BUT would love to be able to live there too...not so sure abut DFW...San Antonio was hot enough for me...

My favorite overseas location would also be in Germany...Garmish - during Christmas...magnific

By the way, where is Traben-Trarbach, Germany?

GonzagasaurusFlex
09-01-2015, 05:30 AM
Hey Mods et al
As a long time member of this board community who enjoys the occasional OT comment on a thread and interesting tangents that sometimes get going, this one is really ridiculous. In post #22 we learned Davis has committed to UW....perhaps that's a good time to lock the thread and end the discussion.
Don't get me wrong, this is a great board and community...but there are other venues for swapping stories about your work history, cultural analysis of 18 year olds and pros/cons of choosing Spokane vs Seattle etc. etc.
Every time I see a new post on this thread I take the bait, go read it and rather than some new information about Daejon Davis, the topic of this thread, it's just board members swapping stories about everything but Daejon Davis. Seems kind of weird to me after a while. Why don't you all start a new thread about whatever it is you want to discuss that has nothing to do with Daejon Davis...preferably in the appropriate forum :-)

p.s. Hope you all don't take offense, it's just that I read this thread because I assume a new post may have new info re: Daejon Davis....when you go 30+ posts without mentioning the kid, it seems like the discussion should just be over, no?

1973Zag
09-01-2015, 05:57 AM
Hey Mods et al
As a long time member of this board community who enjoys the occasional OT comment on a thread and interesting tangents that sometimes get going, this one is really ridiculous. In post #22 we learned Davis has committed to UW....perhaps that's a good time to lock the thread and end the discussion.
Don't get me wrong, this is a great board and community...but there are other venues for swapping stories about your work history, cultural analysis of 18 year olds and pros/cons of choosing Spokane vs Seattle etc. etc.
Every time I see a new post on this thread I take the bait, go read it and rather than some new information about Daejon Davis, the topic of this thread, it's just board members swapping stories about everything but Daejon Davis. Seems kind of weird to me after a while. Why don't you all start a new thread about whatever it is you want to discuss that has nothing to do with Daejon Davis...preferably in the appropriate forum :-)

p.s. Hope you all don't take offense, it's just that I read this thread because I assume a new post may have new info re: Daejon Davis....when you go 30+ posts without mentioning the kid, it seems like the discussion should just be over, no?

Couldn't agree more Flex

TexasZagFan
09-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Boy, are you right about needing money to live in San Fran/Napa...those markets are nearly untouchable BUT would love to be able to live there too...not so sure abut DFW...San Antonio was hot enough for me...

My favorite overseas location would also be in Germany...Garmish - during Christmas...magnific

By the way, where is Traben-Trarbach, Germany?

It's a small town on the Mosel River, midway between Trier and Cochem. I lived there about 4 years when I was in the Army. Gonzaga prepared me very well for life in Germany.

http://www.lawpundit.com/blog//TrabenTrarbachOverlook.jpg

http://q-ec.bstatic.com/images/city/600x200/200/20007.jpg

The second pic was the view from the first apartment that I lived in. I moved a couple of years later to the other side of the river...across the alley was a vineyard and the view at 2 o'clock were the ruins of a 14th century castle. Great way to start the day. The daily drive to and from work took me through Urzig, the views were incredible.

Thanks for reminding me about Garmisch. I also forgot about Oberammergau, spending a week there was incredible. You're a hop, skip and a jump from Neuschwanstein, the Linderhof, and the Wies Church. A local bus company stopped at all three during our "personal study time" when I attended a NATO school.

willandi
09-01-2015, 07:12 AM
It's a small town on the Mosel River, midway between Trier and Cochem. I lived there about 4 years when I was in the Army. Gonzaga prepared me very well for life in Germany.

http://www.lawpundit.com/blog//TrabenTrarbachOverlook.jpg

http://q-ec.bstatic.com/images/city/600x200/200/20007.jpg

The second pic was the view from the first apartment that I lived in. I moved a couple of years later to the other side of the river...across the alley was a vineyard and the view at 2 o'clock were the ruins of a 14th century castle. Great way to start the day. The daily drive to and from work took me through Urzig, the views were incredible.

Thanks for reminding me about Garmisch. I also forgot about Oberammergau, spending a week there was incredible. You're a hop, skip and a jump from Neuschwanstein, the Linderhof, and the Wies Church. A local bus company stopped at all three during our "personal study time" when I attended a NATO school.

Spent 4th and 5th grade at Bitburg in the mid 1950's. Have some fum memories.