PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few interview with Andy K. & Seth G.

Radbooks
07-28-2015, 11:12 AM
This is an interesting ESPN podcast with Andy and Seth that touches on the Pan Am games and then the loss of Kevin and Gary and then a lengthy discussion of the upcoming season. The first part of the podcast is with John Calipari so drag the button over to about 26 minutes for the Few interview.

Few interview (http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13331522)

Section 116
07-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Thanks Rad, I enjoyed that, especially the discussion regarding the upcoming season!

sittingon50
07-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Thanks Rad.

GrizZAG
07-28-2015, 08:10 PM
MF says keeping the Gonzaga culture is easy. Indeed many of these guys come to play here for the culture I believe so they know what they are coming into since it is well known.

DixieZag
07-28-2015, 10:55 PM
Funny they mention the miles traveled, Japan and Bahamas - I think (not sure) totally opposite side of the globe, Bermuda triangle and Japan triangle - 180 through.

That's quite the season - saying you've been on either side of the globe.

ProjectMKUltra5
07-28-2015, 11:35 PM
Funny they mention the miles traveled, Japan and Bahamas - I think (not sure) totally opposite side of the globe, Bermuda triangle and Japan triangle - 180 through.

That's quite the season - saying you've been on either side of the globe.

I'm beyond stoked for the schedule. Can't wait to see the team be put through a brutal non conference schedule, exactly how it should be.

DixieZag
07-29-2015, 06:54 AM
I'm beyond stoked for the schedule. Can't wait to see the team be put through a brutal non conference schedule, exactly how it should be.

+10

Just the type of season one wants when one has

Senior 7'1 center
5th Year Senior POY Candidate
Possible Best Player a Soph with International pro-experience
5 Year Senior wing/Guard Dranginis
4th Year Guard McClellan
And the highest rated recruit we've ever had at PG after feet wet, and watching KP/GB for a year

You said it. Just the year one wants a hard schedule, and some wars at home - UCLA, AZ, maybe feed the UW to the sharks.

SteelZag
07-29-2015, 09:38 AM
+10

Just the type of season one wants when one has

Senior 7'1 center
5th Year Senior POY Candidate
Possible Best Player a Soph with International pro-experience
5 Year Senior wing/Guard Dranginis
4th Year Guard McClellan
And the highest rated recruit we've ever had at PG after feet wet, and watching KP/GB for a year

You said it. Just the year one wants a hard schedule, and some wars at home - UCLA, AZ, maybe feed the UW to the sharks.

Well Dixie, when you put it like that.

ALL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roxdoc
07-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Well said Dixie!

Reborn
07-29-2015, 10:31 AM
This team needs a tough OOC schedule to toughen them up and get a good seed in March. I want this team to be in the top 5 all year long, and the best way to do that is to go undefeated in OOC play. I believe they can. SMILING REALLY BIG............My first prediction for the upcoming year.

jazzdelmar
07-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Bornie. Your word count is way down. You OK? Just kidding, pithy is good.

This team needs a tough OOC schedule to toughen them up and get a good seed in March. I want this team to be in the top 5 all year long, and the best way to do that is to go undefeated in OOC play. I believe they can. SMILING REALLY BIG............My first prediction for the upcoming year.

Fonebone
07-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Thanks so much for posting the link. I really appreciate the links that some of you take the time to post.

Zagger
07-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Good interview. Love it when the person being interviewed has a chance to speak. My overall impression is that Few is becoming more and more comfortable w/ members of the press and becoming a better and better coach. GU & Few are such a great fit and Spokane is a very appreciative and supportive town for both. The whole program just keeps getting better and does attract players, for the most part, that mesh with the "culture". With Pangos/Bell gone this season it will be different but not by as much as some might expect - in my view anyway. The players on the team are P/B like - meaning they're on the same page. And if not, at least the same chapter. I think 15/16 is going to be a very exciting season. To beat the Zags other teams are going to have to play lights out BB.

Reborn
07-30-2015, 02:27 PM
I'm maturing! hahahahaha How long has it been, Jazz? I know I began posting on the other forum before it collapsed. Or was it burned? lol
But you better keep your fingers crossed. The season hasn't started yet.

On a different note, I can't wait to see the team begin to play without Bell and Pangos. The thing I love about college basketball is that it's like a river. The water keeps moving downward but continues to look like the same water. Bell and Pangos have moved downstream and next year we'll have new players running the show. Most expect that the team can not be as good without Pangos and Bell. I think it can be. And I think the only player that we haven't seen play who will be on the team next year is Alberts, and I really look forward to see him play. I think that many will be surprised by how good Melson, Dranginis and McClelland are going to be.

Ezag
07-31-2015, 01:06 PM
I am excited for this pre-season line-up. I admit, I was a bit disappointed with last pre-season's schedule