Corey Kispert Offered by Gonzaga - 2017 6'6 wing - Kings HS (WA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exclusivelee
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2013

Corey Kispert Offered by Gonzaga - 2017 6'6 wing - Kings HS (WA)

Corey Kispert has picked up an offer from Gonzaga. He's a 2017 6'6 wing out of King's HS. He was named 1st team 1A, averaging 18.6 ppg, and helped to lead his high school to the Washington state 1A title this year

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1564066-double-pump-corey-kispert?s=143

One of the west's top small forwards in 2017 is Corey Kispert from Seattle King.

At 6-foot-6 and 205 pounds, the rising junior has good size and length with a very strong frame but he also showed an impressive skill set on Wednesday at the Double Pump Best of Summer.

Kispert is right-handed but you wouldn't know it because he prefers to dribble and pass left. He can handle it, pass it and has a high basketball IQ.

But Kispert's best attribute? His shooting. He has a terrific stroke and can knock down jumpers from beyond the arc and midrange.

"I can shoot the ball from the inside, I like to shoot threes, I can attack the rim, I think I'm a pretty good passer and I like to play defense," Kispert said.

It's currently a regional battle for Kispert, who holds offers from Gonzaga, Washington and Washington State with interest from Stanford and Virginia. He's aiming towards a spring decision.

Another video from this past season: http://t.maxpreps.com/1f88UqQ

Here's a report of his play in the Seattle area last week:

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Corey Kispert - 6’6” Wing Friends of Hoop Lavine. Kispert easily remains the most under-rated recruit in the region, and possibly the entire West Coast. That should change quickly later in July. The muscular wing is arguably the region’s best long range marksman, particularly effective off the catch and shoot, but that doesn't begin to fully describe his game. His position is tough to define; a combo guard in a non traditional sense with keen court awareness and passing ability. But in the paint, he uses his powerful frame and high level athleticism to assert himself and is a true battler down low.

Defensively, he delivers maximum effort able to keep smaller guards in front of him or bodying up bigger players in the post. Friday night he demonstrated his ability to impact the game when his shot is off (a rarity), dominating the post at times. Kispert is a unique player, and a top target of Washington, Gonzaga and Virginia. Stanford recently reached out to him, but bigger suitors may yet be in the cards.
  • gonzagafan62
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2013

We need this guy.
    Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• ProjectMKUltra5
      Banned
      • Oct 2014

Kid is a dead ringer for Kyle Dranginis imo.

Also makes me a little giddy that the first 2 schollys in 2017 are going out to Seattle area kids. Fews persistence recruiting over there is gunna pay off eventually.

Comment

• cjm720
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Lots of tools, size, hard worker...fits the mold. Would be a very nice addition and could possibly be a key player in the future.
        Go Zags!!!

Comment

• GonzaGAW
          Zag for Life
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
          We need this guy.
          I say I want this guy!

its fun to dream, mine has collins, bailey, wade and kispert on the floor at the same time, hardly care who the 5th player is in my dream.

Comment

• GonzaGAW
            Zag for Life
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
            We need this guy.
            I say I want this guy!

its fun to dream, mine has collins, bailey, wade and kispert on the floor at the same time, hardly care who the 5th player is in my dream.

Comment

• Reborn
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

I believe grandson played against Kings this summer in a tournament. I will ask about him. My grandson is 6' 4" and a Sophomore to be next year. He's maturing nicely. He plays for Selah, and they have a very solid group of Freshman and Sophomores; and will be good for years now. Good news coming out of Selah. WE have a 6"1 or 2 point guard who will be the best guard in the league next year, and the best guard in Yakima. Yes. He's a freshman. And really good. HIs name is Eliziah Pepper.
              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• 75Zag
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

He looks like a very talented young man.
                Just out of curiosity, how feasible is it to turn a 6-7 wing into a 6-7 guard? Is it too late to try to do that when kids are transitioning between HS and College? I watched a bit of the Nike Peachtree Classic this past weekend and there were two guards both over 6-6 who were absolutely stunning in their skills and size. At least one is headed for Duke as the #3 or 4 overall player in the country. After watching GU get roughed up in the Elite 8 by our opponents big and powerful guards, I would like to see GU come up with a creative way to recruit or build a big guard. Not for the WCC obviously, but for national competition.
                Just a summer speculation.
                Go Bulldogs!
                Do not go gentle into that good night,
                Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• 75Zag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Just out of curiosity, how feasible is it to turn a 6-7 wing into a 6-7 guard? Is it too late to try to do that when kids are transitioning between HS and College? I watched a bit of the Nike Peachtree Classic this past weekend and there were two guards both over 6-6 who were absolutely stunning in their skills and size. At least one is headed for Duke as the #3 or 4 overall player in the country. After watching GU get roughed up in the Elite 8 by our opponent's big and powerful guards, I would like to see GU come up with a creative way to recruit or build a big guard. Not for the WCC obviously, but for national competition.
                  Go Bulldogs!
                  Do not go gentle into that good night,
                  Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                  Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• PHSBBall
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 75Zag View Post
                    Just out of curiosity, how feasible is it to turn a 6-7 wing into a 6-7 guard? Is it too late to try to do that when kids are transitioning between HS and College? I watched a bit of the Nike Peachtree Classic this past weekend and there were two guards both over 6-6 who were absolutely stunning in their skills and size. At least one is headed for Duke as the #3 or 4 overall player in the country. After watching GU get roughed up in the Elite 8 by our opponent's big and powerful guards, I would like to see GU come up with a creative way to recruit or build a big guard. Not for the WCC obviously, but for national competition.
                    Go Bulldogs!
                    Big guards are always great but not necessarily a recipe for national championship success. Duke actually started two guards listed at 6'2" or smaller with Tyus Jones and Quinn Cook. The bigger guards they had were not ball handlers or playmakers for them at all. Rather played roles as spot up shooters and slashers. But the drivers of the offense were the 2 under sized guards in Jones and cook.

Actually going back to the 2008 Jayhawks championship team 6 of the past 8 NCAA Basketball champions have played with 2 starting guards that were 6'2" or smaller.

2015 Duke= Jones and Cook
                    2014 UConn= Napier and Boatright
                    2013 Louisville= Siva and Russ Smith
                    2011 UConn= Kemba Walker and Napier
                    2009 Carolina= Drew and Lawson
                    2008 Kansas= Chalmers and Sharon Collins

Big guards might be all the rage come nba draft time but recent NCAA success would suggest that playing multiple smaller dynamic playmakers in the same backcourt together leads to tourney championships

Comment

• MDABE80
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Duke didn't rough us up. Their guards were the same size or smaller than ours. There's been a fantasy on this board for quite some time. Big guards are the best! Not true. 6 ft 2 is fine. Skills seem to be key. Rare to see a 6 ft 6 kid with great defense or quick feet.
                      I think we do fine with the present size. Our kids need more foot speed E-W. N-S speed seems to be fine. Long arms help too.

Comment

• MDABE80
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Duke didn't rough us up. Their guards were the same size or smaller than ours. There's been a fantasy on this board for quite some time. Big guards are the best! Not true. 6 ft 2 is fine. Skills seem to be key. Rare to see a 6 ft 6 kid with great defense or quick feet.
                        I think we do fine with the present size. Our kids need more foot speed E-W. N-S speed seems to be fine. Long arms help too.

Comment

• Zag 77
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Just sayin' 1A school

Dave Predergast is the only GU player in the last 20 years to play at GU from a 1A school. Everybody other than Canadians played at WA 3A & 4A schools or their equivalent.

I am not saying he is good or bad. I am just sayin'.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Who is this "predergast" you speak of?

Comment

• amaronizag
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Jul 2013

Who is this "predergast" you speak of?

I think he meant poltergeist.....

Comment