The Basketball Tournament -- TBT (and a bit more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SLOZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

The Basketball Tournament -- TBT (and a bit more)

Through the vehicle of a nice Q&A interview with Mike Bibby, CBS Sports lays out the framework for the "TBT, a 97-team single-elimination tournament with a million dollar prize, [which] will tip off in Los Angeles and Atlanta around the same time Summer League in Vegas starts. The million dollar cash prize makes TBT quite unique and has drawn the interest of “no fewer than 125 players who have played in either the NBA or the NBA D-League,” to compete in the tournament." It's an interesting read.

Also in that article, CBS mentions that "Bibby has stayed connected to the game by coaching his son Mike Bibby Jr., at his former high school in Phoenix. Bibby is considered to be one of the better point guards in the franchise history of the Sacramento Kings and his son seems to be taking after his father. Leading Shadow Mountain High School to a state title in 2014, Bibby Jr. is looking to become an elite college recruit after missing all of last year with a knee injury." Regarding his son's development as a baller, Coach Bibby is quoted as saying: "I've been coaching my son since he was nine years old. We are trying to get him there. He missed last season with an injury, he will be fine though. He just has to get back to where coaches can see him. Georgetown, Memphis, Oregon and Gonzaga have expressed interest but we will see how it goes next year when more people see him play."

It's always a delight for me to see how wide our recruiting net is spread. Good luck this season Mike Jr.!
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy
  • VinnyZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

No Zags participating in TBT that I can find. I hope in future years a GU alumni team is fielded.

Comment

Working...
    X