PDA

View Full Version : KREM Piece on 2015-16 Zags

SLOZag
06-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Talking about Gonzaga's backcourt this year:

"What can this group of veterans mixed with young, potentially talented players do? "We've been doing a lot of open runs," sophomore guard Silas Melson said. "Getting up-and-down. We're competing, arguing (and) talking smack. It's a lot of fun." ... While the frontcourt should be feared by many, and especially in the undersized WCC, we are still a bit unsure with what Mark Few is getting with his guards. "I need to put some weight on," Melson said laughing. "But, I would say the athleticism between me and Josh--we're a little more athletic than Kevin (Pangos) and Gary (Bell Jr.)."

""In the media and people outside of our circle, they're going to try and compare those two to Gary and Kevin, but my biggest thing with (Melson and Perkins) is to just be themselves," McClellan said. While you cannot replace Pangos and Bell Jr., Melson and Perkins hope to provide a new era of Gonzaga basketball that fans can talk about. "They paved the way for us," Perkins said. "We took notes. So, we're ready to show what we got and put it to the test." Melson said, "Josh and I are trying to bring something new to the program. Have some more fun than playing behind them last year.""

http://www.krem.com/story/sports/gonzaga-bulldogs/2015/06/30/gonzaga-season-outlook/29491207/

dnj116
07-01-2015, 08:35 AM
Thanks for posting!

MDABE80
07-01-2015, 08:59 AM
It might be smart for Silas to avoid interviews;)

cggonzaga
07-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Why?

ProjectMKUltra5
07-01-2015, 09:58 AM

He was the best part. Talking bout competition and getting after each other, talking s***, and just being confident in himself.

Love his game, love his attitude. Not a thing about that kid I don't like

Zaggin' it
07-01-2015, 10:03 AM

Jerk thing to say. Let's put you on display and pick apart any flaws we perceive, real or imagined.

gonzagafan62
07-01-2015, 10:22 AM

Yeah I don't think so. This Melson part of the interview was great. Honest.

soccerdud
07-01-2015, 10:36 AM

might be smart for abe to avoid posting ;)

DADoZAG
07-01-2015, 11:39 AM
might be smart for abe to avoid posting ;)

Hey there dud, easy now. Abe's just starting to get better. Didn't you notice? There were no typos in that post.

Go ZAGS!