PDA

View Full Version : Jaylen Nowell - 2017 Seattle guard with Gonzaga offer

exclusivelee
06-28-2015, 04:47 PM
LeftCoastRecruiting @LC_Recruiting
2017 Jaylen Nowell (Garfield HS) has received offers from Washington, Seattle U, UCLA, California, Stanford, Gonzaga, and Oregon
5:26 PM - 28 Jun 2015

He's touted as the best 2017 prospect in Washington, raked top 50 nationally, played on the U16 USA team

Led Garfield to the state title over Rainier Beach, averaging 23.3 points and 6.1 rebounds per game: http://www.maxpreps.com/news/xeFidua8a0aePkB4_Y6PuA/after-death-of-father,-jaylen-nowell-earns-spot-on-usa-basketball-u16-national-team.htm

LeftCoastRecruiting ‏@LC_Recruiting
Jaylen Nowell reppin for the state of Washington and the city of Seattle. #USA
7:33 AM - 6 Jun 2015
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG0vSL-VAAE9CFK.jpg

maynard g krebs
06-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Better than top 50; story says he's 1st team soph all american by Maxpreps. I've seen him play twice. Elite recruit, early entry NBA. 2 yrs in college at most imo.

ProjectMKUltra5
06-28-2015, 06:01 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/iMkJZ0PIKPZv2/giphy.gif

So so so glad we're on him early. He's so dynamic with the ball, seems like he can score however he wants to. For most people it's 1A and 1B when it comes to 2017 class in Washington between Nowell and Daejon Davis, some even think Davis is the better prospect. I personally think Nowell is better and will very likely be a one and done, 2 years tops. Hope he's willing to do that in Spokane.

2017 reminds me of 2011 with Tony Wroten and Gary Bell except the gap between Nowell and Davis is smaller. Davis is for real but Nowell is off the charts kind of good.

23zagmd
06-28-2015, 09:42 PM
I'd be happy with either he or Davis but Davis is way more athletic.

nish_mode
06-29-2015, 09:14 AM
I believe UW was on this guy first and don't forget, Will Conroy (former Garfield pg) is now an assistant at UW. This kid is going to have a lot of pressure to go to UW. Will be an uphill battle to get him.

On a side note, folks around the Seattle Rotary program are saying his 6th or 7th grade younger brother is supposed to be better than Jaylen. Few and his staff need to plant the seed now.

Coach Crazy
06-29-2015, 10:40 AM
I believe UW was on this guy first and don't forget, Will Conroy (former Garfield pg) is now an assistant at UW. This kid is going to have a lot of pressure to go to UW. Will be an uphill battle to get him.

I actually don't really think that will be the case, if certain things play out. I think most of us are on the same page as to what the next steps need to be. Getting a McD's out of high school, going to one or two more EE's in the next two seasons, developing our current transfers, beating UW during our first annual meeting (and IF we meet them in the B4A), and putting 3+ draft picks in the League over the next few years would be the recruiting version of a nuclear explosion on Dubby campus. Decimation.

At the current rate, Zach may be a McD's, we'll for sure put Kyle and Przemek in the league (and Domas if we wants to go early), and I see no reason why NWG and J3 won't develop. The only thing that this program really has to press for is that EE situation. Also, let's not forget, if Romar doesn't do something this year, not only will it really affect how people and recruits see the program, dude is gonna get fired. I like our chances.

MDABE80
06-29-2015, 11:14 AM
If we beat UW in Atlantis (if we face them) I don't think Romar will have a leg to stand on. AFter an Elite 8 and really not getting creamed by Duke, we need to maximize our position. I think we can. Jazz, in another thread thought we'd be a no 1 ranked team in some preseasons polls. THAT I agree with and THAT should mean a LOT!

ProjectMKUltra5
06-29-2015, 11:32 AM
Deep down I hoped GU would hire Will Conroy.

I knew it would never happen but the reaction from UWs fans woulda been priceless.

Angelo Roncalli
06-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Deep down I hoped GU would hire Will Conroy.

I knew it would never happen but the reaction from UWs fans woulda been priceless.

You realize, of course, that Will Conroy has spent much of the last 10 years bad mouthing GU to every recruit in the Seattle area.

Zagdawg
06-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Agree Angelo----I think if you want to upset UW fans --we just continue the winning against their team---that will give them enough heartburn.

Angelo Roncalli
06-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Agree Angelo----I think if you want to upset UW fans --we just continue the winning against their team---that will give them enough heartburn.

Conroy played four games against GU. Didn't win any of them.

This was Conroy's final game against GU: http://www.gozags.com/ViewContent.dbml?SPID=90846&DB_OEM_ID=26400&CONTENT_ID=144151

It was a classic. The Kennel Club came at the Huskies full force. "Ear job Jensen." The KC had copies of the UW players' arrest records and made full use of them. One of the most enduring memories is of Conroy, in the last few seconds, when the game was decided, hanging his head after one of the front row Kennel Clubbers game him the choke sign.

Zagdawg
06-29-2015, 12:34 PM
I thought it was "The beer is on Jensen" --due to the little issue he had getting caught shoplifting the beer from a local convenience store.

Angelo Roncalli
06-29-2015, 12:54 PM
I thought it was "The beer is on Jensen" --due to the little issue he had getting caught shoplifting the beer from a local convenience store.

There was the beer incident. But, I believe he had received some plastic surgery on his ears.

MDABE80
06-29-2015, 01:02 PM
THAT was a great team we had that year! Amazing. Just a comment.....

Mantua
06-30-2015, 11:34 AM
This is the best news!

Re: Conroy, no one needs to badmouth the Huskies.