PDA

View Full Version : Can someone in Spokane get a giant GU flag and go to HoopFest? PLEASE?

DarkZagRises
06-28-2015, 07:02 AM
Come on Spokies!

Sarenyon
06-28-2015, 07:13 AM
Someone finally got a Go Zags sign up.

DarkZagRises
06-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Yes better. Still want to see Zags dominate the background on those shots.

DarkZagRises
06-28-2015, 07:36 AM
Spoke too soon. Now they're gone.

jazzdelmar
06-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Wazzu kinda hijacked the opener.

Zaglaw
06-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Overall, though, the show was a major ad for Gonzaga and Spokane. Really nice local coverage.

jazzdelmar
06-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Few was quite good. Seems less intense. The wonders of an Elite 8 and a full cupboard of terrific players.

Zagdawg
06-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Agree--it was a great bunch of segments about Gonzaga/Spokane.

RenoZag
06-28-2015, 10:50 AM
Is there a website where one can find archived video ? Thanks in advance. Hope all are having a very good summer.

DixieZag
06-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Agree--it was a great bunch of segments about Gonzaga/Spokane.

A lot more segments than I actually expected. Really supportive stuff. We could almost adopt Farnham as a native son at this point, he's been here so much - seems like a decent guy, sure likes the area.

John and David were quite good.

GonzaGAW
06-28-2015, 05:57 PM
I thank espn for coming, we got great free publicity, Spokane and Gonzaga mentioned dozens of times. lots of nice pictures of the park and falls.

here comes the yeah but, god awful production. I watched all but the last 25 minutes, nothing of david stocktons skills clinic, nothing shown about the slam dunk contest, no footage from the elite court. their one time they got away from the set it was silly and contrived with staged purchases and espn tattoo's. a stupid profile of a star wars team. you got no sense of how large an area hoopfest covers, just countless mentions of 500 courts and 7,000 teams. how about using that drone for all of 40 seconds showing the entire area, instead of just a 5 second shot over the clock tower?

and a suggestion to however is going to shill for Spokane for 30 seconds, how about Spokane support basketball and all sports, we break attendance records whether it is international wrestling, boxing, national ice skating, ncaa womens tourney games, largest 12k run in the world. catch phrase of if you build it/bring it to Spokane, they will come and come and come. see that was easy and took less that 30 words.

I hope espn comes back next year, and in their post production meetings realize how much better they can do.

DarkZagRises
06-29-2015, 06:13 AM
Interview with Few was the highlight - although I did miss the Star Wars profile. That might have taken the cake as the pictures of that team were AWESOME. Having Farnham there was a really pleasant surprise. Not only do I think he's the best regular announcer we've ever had, but he seems to genuinely love Spokane and GU.

Was really disappointed not to see more GU flags etc. Think it would have been a no-brainer to stage a bunch of fans in those shots. Also thought John Clayton was not so subtly condescending towards my hometown. Anyone else read into that? Maybe I'm just sensitive having lived in Seattle for two years having to put up with the attitude that many there have towards Spokane.

cjm720
06-29-2015, 06:28 AM
Interview with Few was the highlight - although I did miss the Star Wars profile. That might have taken the cake as the pictures of that team were AWESOME. Having Farnham there was a really pleasant surprise. Not only do I think he's the best regular announcer we've ever had, but he seems to genuinely love Spokane and GU.

Was really disappointed not to see more GU flags etc. Think it would have been a no-brainer to stage a bunch of fans in those shots. Also thought John Clayton was not so subtly condescending towards my hometown. Anyone else read into that? Maybe I'm just sensitive having lived in Seattle for two years having to put up with the attitude that many there have towards Spokane.

Clayton is from Pittsburgh...lol, I'd easily give the nod to Spokane lol.

DarkZagRises
06-29-2015, 09:12 AM
Clayton is from Pittsburgh...lol, I'd easily give the nod to Spokane lol.

YES but he's a Seattle guy now.

ZagKing09
06-30-2015, 07:58 AM
Here is the video of the Mark Few interview.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13162831&ex_cid=espnapi_public

ZagsGoZags
06-30-2015, 08:59 AM
thanks ZagKing

Radbooks
07-03-2015, 08:44 AM
Here's a link to the David and John Stockton interview:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13163284

MDABE80
07-03-2015, 09:25 AM
So lucky to have these professionals like John Stockton and Few with us. Old school guys who represent us so well.

webspinnre
07-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Great interview.

cair3
07-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Good video of complete coverage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-76GpXFtqk