PDA

View Full Version : Summer scrimmages

zag buddy
06-24-2015, 10:44 PM
Just got back, the following were there Mcclellan, Perkins, Schem, Edwards, Wiljer, Draganeous, Alberts, Barham, steven Gray, Robert Sacre, J. Williams I believe, Two high school players, and Melson. Maybe more will come to mind. My thoughts, Schem has gone to the next level. He has a very consistent mid range game now. Edwards played for the full 80 minutes and did not run out of gas. I believe his strenth this year will be his defense. He wants to be an offensive guy but is not quite there yet. His defense of both Sacre and Schem was solid. Alberts is a pure shooter no doubt about it. McClellan is super fast and skilled. It will be extremely hard for Josh Perkins to start ahead of him. Perkins played one forth of the time and then did not play. Melson sat and did not play at all. I saw no injuries. Draganus has advanced as he has the last two years, a total team first player. Wiljer was in good shape and was not bashful about shooting a lot. Both
schem and edwards are in better shape than I have seen them. Edwards guarding Sacre was fun to watch. The bumps they gave each other would have knock me into the 3 row of seats. Also Gray and Draino was fun. Steven averaged about 20+ this year and Draino held him down very well. I would say it was a toss up between them. Draino has definitely bought into the idea of passing up a shot to get a better shot. I would like to see him shoot more. We will see Edwards best play his last two years. He and Draino are the same type development player-continuous growth every year. Edwards may finally peak out when he is a pro. Mark Few and co. were there.
first camp started today thru the 26, then the 28-1st then july 16-19 and july 27-29

ZagaZags
06-24-2015, 11:24 PM
zag buddy;Just got back, the following were there Mcclellan, Perkins, Schem, Edwards, Wiljer, Draganeous, Alberts, Barham, steven Gray, Robert Sacre, J. Williams I believe, Two high school players, and Melson. McClellan is super fast and it will be extremely hard for Josh Perkins to start ahead of him. Perkins played one forth of the time and then did not play. Josh Perkins will be the starting point guard for GU. Josh is the next Jedi for GU.

http://jasonkinnison.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/character_trixrabbit-big.png http://baselinetechlab.wikispaces.com/file/view/Trix_Cereal-207x291.jpg/192505380/Trix_Cereal-207x291.jpg

zag buddy
06-24-2015, 11:42 PM
Actually Zaga Josh looked a little thin to me. I would guess he is still recovering from his down time.

ZagaZags
06-25-2015, 12:33 AM
Actually Zaga Josh looked a little thin to me. I would guess he is still recovering from his down time.

JMO, Josh will be the starting PG for GU next season.

Be ready for some magic.

jazzdelmar
06-25-2015, 04:09 AM
ZB, thanks for the up close and personal.....good to hear.........we need more "eyes on," maybe from the Dockster.

Chicken Ball
06-25-2015, 04:46 AM
No reason Perkins and McLellan can't start together.

kitzbuel
06-25-2015, 06:19 AM
Glad to hear Edwards is stepping it up in scrimmages. Last summer he was getting worked by Sacre. Seems that he is determined to dish it out a little better this summer. Good for him.

zag67
06-25-2015, 06:44 AM
I can also see Perkins and McClellan both starting. Great ball handlers, quick, solid defense, and both can drive and pass. Then you have the super sixth man Dranginis (or he is the third starter) who is also a solid defender and makes things happen. Lastly you have Melson who may start and Alberts who will both be able to shoot threes and be solid performers. I hope the players will be making it very hard for the coaches to decide who gets the minutes.

I think that hearing about Edwards will really make our front line the best in the nation. Two legitimate 7 foot centers as well as two power forwards with different pluses. I was happy to hear about Shem looking better.

Thanks for the updates.

IowaSERE
06-25-2015, 07:30 AM
JP, McC, and Draino as our starters would lack a true 3 pt threat and the D would sag down on the bigs. Could also see a triangle 2 played on KW with this lineup. I think that Alberts will see major minutes this year to keep the D honest. We all know that Melson isn't afraid to shoot it either.

raise the zag
06-25-2015, 07:33 AM
Eric McClellan was the leading scorer during his tour with AIA in Poland.

He played with solid players from all across D1.

Didn't face the best competition, yet in one game, EM's stat line was:

35 pts, 82% FG, 2/3 from 3pt.

https://twitter.com/aia_basketball/status/609740051484962816

Eric showed he can drive the ball vs ANYONE when we played Duke. He scorched Winslow and Cook in the 1st half, yet logged only 1 min in the 2nd half. While he missed an attempt, he also made one. Somewhat "out of control", yet he was the ONLY player who put pressure on Duke's defense on the perimeter. They seemed to respect him more, yet he was pulled and sat the rest of the game.

As mentioned in March, I believe the starting lineup to be:

Perks
McClellan
Dranginis
Wiltjer
Shem

Also, speaking of Eric, he was interviewed recently and stated of his 3 teams he's played with in College (Tulsa, Vandy, GU), that Karnowski has the most impressive/best basketball IQ he's ever seen. Pangos was mentioned as the most consistent, level-headed leader, yet in his opinion, Shem has the best pure court sense of any player he's played with (including Pangos).

ZagNative
06-25-2015, 08:50 AM
Zag Buddy, Fun, fun stuff to read! Thanks for going and for posting your observations!

SLOZag
06-25-2015, 09:01 AM
Kudos, Zag Buddy -- I've been waiting for months for this thread, and you kicked it off with a bang! Many thanks also to the other contributors, including Raise the Flag, who added new (to me, at least) info regarding our guys! For those who can attend these scrimmages, PLEASE DO SO and then share your thoughts here. It's all good!

zag buddy
06-25-2015, 09:15 AM
I would like to give some kudos to all the old zags that come and play in the summer. They are great mentors and show the younger players the aggressiveness and conditioning it takes to play at the next level. When Josh Heyfelt or Robert Sacre go to dunk you best get out of the way if they have a few steps to run. It is unfettered aggression. They don't do it very often but when they do you can see it coming. It seems to me that all of them use the time for conditioning. I have never seen anyone of them try to dominate a game. Just the opposite. They shoot less and run more. How fortunate the players are to have these excellent mentors to help them with their game.

cggonzaga
06-25-2015, 09:38 AM
While it's great to read these reports and fun to speculate, these scrimmages need to be taken with a grain of salt. It's not exactly organized hoops being played.

As mentioned in March, I believe the starting lineup to be:

Perks
McClellan
Dranginis
Wiltjer
Shem

I'll stick with Melson as the starting 2 and McClellan as our super sub in the backcourt and Sabonis our super sub in the frontcourt. Just like McClellan being able to play all 3 positions. There will be times our backups will be better than our starters.

cjm720
06-25-2015, 09:46 AM
My starting 5 would be:

Perks
McClellan
Dranginis
Wiltjer
Shem

Bench: Sabonis, Melson, Alberts, and Edwards. Sure seems like we need another guard in the rotation...thinking Griffin would have seem much more PT this upcoming season. #trendingup #gozags

DixieZag
06-25-2015, 09:50 AM
No reason Perkins and McLellan can't start together.

This.

Perkins will be the PG.

It might be true that Mac, with his experience, could be a better player, I sure see what he brings, but there is absolutely no way that Perkins will not start at PG this year.

Zag 77
06-25-2015, 10:29 AM
Many coaches have observed that not that long ago, college athletes would go home, get a job bucking bales, mowing lawns, etc. In other words, learn what real life is all about. Interact with their families, friends, etc. Now, football and college athletes are "encouraged" to stay on campus for the summer, not work a job, but instead engage in "voluntary" activities related to their sport. They interact with mostly just their team mates and don't learn much about their world outside their sport.

I admire the fact that Steven Gray bucked the system several summers ago to go to Gonzaga in Zambia.

OK, we all care about having a winning team, but does this system (not just at GU) encourage kids to become better, more well-rounded citizens?

And how about the need for bodies to have some down time?

And yes, I know that GU athletes are perfect human beings who never get in trouble and are models of selflessness, but you know what I mean.

zag67
06-25-2015, 10:54 AM
My starters for now would be:
Perkins
McClellan
Melson
Wiltjer
PK

Like last year Sabonis in quickly or after the first foul to the bigs
Dranginis in for defense and ball movement if we become static

Then Edwards and Alberts in getting their feet wet while the game is still in doubt

DADoZAG
06-25-2015, 10:58 AM
Zag Buddy, Fun, fun stuff to read! Thanks for going and for posting your observations!

+1.

I'm curious about "...two high school players" mentioned in the op.

Go ZAGS!

BULLDOG#1
06-25-2015, 11:13 AM
My starters for now would be:
Perkins
McClellan
Melson
Wiltjer
PK

Like last year Sabonis in quickly or after the first foul to the bigs
Dranginis in for defense and ball movement if we become static

Then Edwards and Alberts in getting their feet wet while the game is still in doubt

if ever there was a zag who has deserved his chance to start, it's Dranginis. His leadership and experience will be more needed than Melson's upside.

BULLDOG#1
06-25-2015, 11:17 AM
This.

Perkins will be the PG.

It might be true that Mac, with his experience, could be a better player, I sure see what he brings, but there is absolutely no way that Perkins will not start at PG this year.

Perkins is the future, no doubt. But from what I saw last year, Mac was more impressive (especially defensively) in his limited minutes than Perkins was in his limited minutes. Both of them seemed ahead of Melson.

Zags_Fanatic
06-25-2015, 11:17 AM
Buddy, can you go over the process for getting in to the scrimmages? Time? Entrance? Can a schlub like me break in as well?

Zagdawg
06-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Zag 77 --when you were in college --how many Camp Goodtimes, Coaches vs Cancer events, Childrens Cancer Hospitals, volunteering for kids basketball camps, Hoopfest autograph sessions for fans etc did you visit/attend in your time off? When I was in college I did not spend my off time doing any of that -- but our Zag players do. I think they are getting the correct mentoring about what it means to give back to the community (the community involvement has been mentioned previously as positive for past players).

Then they get to spend some time with relatives and friends for a bit also.

Bogozags
06-25-2015, 12:26 PM
+1

He will be the starting SF this season...he deserves the shot...

zag67
06-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Bulldog I agree, but he is a great sixth man and I believe even if he is then he will still get major minutes and I believe you would see him at. chrunch time. He will do great no matter which role he plays. Also I think he will be a leader. If he does play sixth man it will be partly his decision

ZagaZags
06-25-2015, 12:56 PM

+1 thank you zag buddy. :cheers:

DixieZag
06-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Perkins is the future, no doubt. But from what I saw last year, Mac was more impressive (especially defensively) in his limited minutes than Perkins was in his limited minutes. Both of them seemed ahead of Melson.

I won't argue that. As I said, it's possible that at this point, with his size and experience, it might be the strongest line-up. Just knowing Few, the way he does things, the fact that Perkins was almost surely told he would apprentice one year under Kevin, then the reigns were his. Mac was probably told there will be a role for him, maybe starting, maybe coming off the bench, and Few will keep his word, and he will develop Perkins for any number of reasons as a starter.

I am not arguing Mac might be the stronger player right now (not sure). Just, long term, development, and Few being the man of his word almost to a fault, (almost), there is no way that Perkins doesn't start at PG.

zag buddy
06-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Zags fanatic, check your private mesages

Zag 77
06-25-2015, 01:32 PM
Zagdawg, I think we are talking about 2 different things. The Community outreach stuff is great, and positive. However, athletes have always done that sort of thing, even in the Fitz and ABC days. I am talking about working your butt off being a working stiff for the summer. I would offer the theory that IN GENERAL many, but NOT ALL college athletes live pretty pampered lives and have done so since their HS and AAU days. MANY of them could benefit in terms of maturity and social integration if they had to work summer jobs like most college kids formerly and currently have done. Do you think playing basketball or football all summer really accomplishes that?

Even worse, it has gotten to the point that HS athletes in football and basketball don't work summer jobs. They go to camps and coaching clinics all summer. I don't think that is a positive social trend.

99% of these kids are not going to the NFL and NBA, but are going to have to live in the real world some day. I think we have been fortunate at GU in that most of our athletes come from good homes and positive family support, and that has insulated us from some of the issues occurring with college athletes around the country.

Zagdawg
06-25-2015, 01:43 PM
Probably looking to start a different thread in a different forum-- I understand what you are saying ---work vs. community involvement. Not working hard enough for all they get argument etc

zagamatic
06-25-2015, 04:45 PM
My GUESS for the starting lineup is Perkins, McClellan, Dranginis, Wiltjer and Karnowski. The reason I say this is it's the best combination of offense AND DEFENSE. I like Melson, and from what I hear about Alberts he seems like a good player. But Melson is a little quick to shoot for my liking to start a game at this point. And Alberts has no court time under the lights in over a year. I'll take stability to start a game that gets us a comfortable lead as compared to finally hitting a 3 to get us back in the game.
As we all know, who starts a game isn't necessarily the same as who finishes the game. And starting lineups change through the season. But, to start the year, I prefer stability. And no matter what, our top 9 players are formidable.

DixieZag
06-25-2015, 05:10 PM
My GUESS for the starting lineup is Perkins, McClellan, Dranginis, Wiltjer and Karnowski. The reason I say this is it's the best combination of offense AND DEFENSE. I like Melson, and from what I hear about Alberts he seems like a good player. But Melson is a little quick to shoot for my liking to start a game at this point. And Alberts has no court time under the lights in over a year. I'll take stability to start a game that gets us a comfortable lead as compared to finally hitting a 3 to get us back in the game.
As we all know, who starts a game isn't necessarily the same as who finishes the game. And starting lineups change through the season. But, to start the year, I prefer stability. And no matter what, our top 9 players are formidable.

Would sure be an experienced line-up.

Zagceo
06-25-2015, 05:16 PM
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac342/ceo_500/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-24%20at%208.27.06%20AM_zpspsqjjmbn.png

zag buddy
06-27-2015, 01:34 PM
one of the two hs players I saw was Brenden bailey. they were warming up together and the other player hit 10 in a row from just inside the half court line. Brendoen looked to be between 6'4 and 6'6" and he shot well also. During scrimmage Brenden played well but was a little timid. Just checked he is 6'7" small forwrd and like Drino as a freshman could use a redshirt year to bulk up. Rather thin. I beleive the other hs player to be Keegan Crosby of Blanchet.

DADoZAG
06-27-2015, 05:57 PM
one of the two hs players I saw was Brenden bailey. they were warming up together and the other player hit 10 in a row from just inside the half court line. Brendoen looked to be between 6'4 and 6'6" and he shot well also. During scrimmage Brenden played well but was a little timid. Just checked he is 6'7" small forwrd and like Drino as a freshman could use a redshirt year to bulk up. Rather thin. I beleive the other hs player to be Keegan Crosby of Blanchet.

Thanx, zb.

I was wondering if one was BB, but something from another thread encouraged me to think he wouldn't be here until later..

Go ZAGS!

hooter73
06-27-2015, 07:54 PM
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac342/ceo_500/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-24%20at%208.27.06%20AM_zpspsqjjmbn.png

sorry but thats one I'd have to see to believe.

thespywhozaggedme
06-27-2015, 08:20 PM
So who's the other guy that was hitting everything?

vandalzag
06-28-2015, 05:58 AM
Zagdawg, I think we are talking about 2 different things. The Community outreach stuff is great, and positive. However, athletes have always done that sort of thing, even in the Fitz and ABC days. I am talking about working your butt off being a working stiff for the summer. I would offer the theory that IN GENERAL many, but NOT ALL college athletes live pretty pampered lives and have done so since their HS and AAU days. MANY of them could benefit in terms of maturity and social integration if they had to work summer jobs like most college kids formerly and currently have done. Do you think playing basketball or football all summer really accomplishes that?

Even worse, it has gotten to the point that HS athletes in football and basketball don't work summer jobs. They go to camps and coaching clinics all summer. I don't think that is a positive social trend.

99% of these kids are not going to the NFL and NBA, but are going to have to live in the real world some day. I think we have been fortunate at GU in that most of our athletes come from good homes and positive family support, and that has insulated us from some of the issues occurring with college athletes around the country.

77 give it a rest. This is a basketball board. Take your social commentary to the FOO.

Rangerzag
06-28-2015, 06:05 AM
77 give it a rest. This is a basketball board. Take your social commentary to the FOO.

NO!

The Foo is far too serious for social commentary.

It would go to Crosby Center.

Zag 77
06-28-2015, 03:12 PM
77 give it a rest. This is a basketball board.

Sorry. I forgot that all we care about is winning basketball games. GU is a basketball factory. We don't give a $hit about our players other than whether they make baskets and win games.

I guess I am just an old fuddy-duddy who has a passing thought about what is actually good for the future of our players as human beings apart from their worth as somebody who can win some games over the course of their eligibility.

Never mind me. I will just go back to the fuddy-duddy club at The Home.

Zagsker
06-28-2015, 03:26 PM
Sorry. I forgot that all we care about is winning basketball games. GU is a basketball factory. We don't give a $hit about our players other than whether they make baskets and win games.

I guess I am just an old fuddy-duddy who has a passing thought about what is actually good for the future of our players as human beings apart from their worth as somebody who can win some games over the course of their eligibility.

Not my job to make sure Kyle Draginis can pass a background check

If Kevin Pangos had not played college basketball would you still be as concerned about his social growth and affairs?

Honestly, has this approach (players staying for the summer) turned college players into less noble citizens?

If they wanna stay the summer than who cares...I played college football and truly enjoyed staying the summer...not like I missed out on any social experiences and worked hard to boot

Zag 77
06-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Honestly, has this approach (players staying for the summer) turned college players into less noble citizens?

That is a real good question Zagsker. When I read the sports pages and read a substantial number of stories about arrests and other less-than-admirable acts by college, pro and even HS athletes, it has to make a thoughtful person wonder if this culture of entitlement that we lavish on kids from a young age is a good thing.

Of course, maybe it is all coincidence.

*as I said before, GU is fortunate because our coaches have done a good job recruiting kids of good character for the most part. That is not true across the spectrum. Jameis Winston is not the only example.

** And yes, I care about GU athletes because I am an alum, a parent of GU students and a contributor.

vandalzag
06-28-2015, 04:04 PM

It is not a matter of caring about the players, it is your sanctimonious statements of how spoiled athletes are and that they would be better people if they spent the summer bucking bales or some other version of hard work that would "build character". You make assumptions and generalizations regarding athletes when I would venture to say your interaction with college level players is limited at best. A player at GU is compensated in excess of $50K per year in tuition, books, food,etc... they have a full time job. Most, if not all GU players attend summer school in order to keep on pace for graduation (it is a little hard to go work the farm when you are taking a summer load of credits). Seems like GU does a great job of integrating players into the mainstream college life. Having interacted with most of the players in the last 15 plus years I would tell you that my experiences have been 99% positive. So I really do not know what you are basing your opinion on, since I assume you live in Spokane and if so your interactions would be with the GU players (if you are basing your position on anecdotal evidenc) unless you are just making things up. And really who are you to say that the kids are not working hard during the summer? I would bet that you have not idea of what most this kids do during the summer, other than what you read on this board. Having bucked bales in the summer during my youth, I can say that it did not lend to me being a better citizen, it just showed me that I did not want to do this for the rest of my life and school did not seem like such a bad thing(it was also fun driving at 13 and sharing smokes and whiskey with the more seasoned hands).
At the end of the day this is a basketball forum, if you wish to discuss the merits of full time athletes of today vs the citizen players of yesteryear do not hijack a thread where people are tying to get a tidbit of information about GU hoops that will help them pass the time until the season starts.

zag buddy
06-28-2015, 04:37 PM
Did some of you not see the heading "SUMMER SCRIMMAGES' start your own thread please

zagamatic
06-28-2015, 05:08 PM
What about Triano? I haven't heard much about him at all for quite some time. But it seems like I recall a bunch of people being really high on him as a walk on. If we don't add any more guards, what are the chances that he gets bumped up to a scholarship player? Assuming that he's still on the roster next season that is?

BMAN
06-28-2015, 08:45 PM
I think they will start sabonis at the 3. That is why he is practicing at that spot. He is arguably the best player on the team nba draft has him as a lottery pick.
I have heard that they have to start him or it could damage their European recruiting. He will probably just play 10 or 15 minutes at the 3 and the rest of the time at the 4 and 5

sittingon50
06-28-2015, 09:28 PM
I may be just a little bit silly here, but the chances of some European powers that be dictating a lineup to Mark Few = :lmao:

DixieZag
06-28-2015, 09:30 PM
I think they will start sabonis at the 3. That is why he is practicing at that spot. He is arguably the best player on the team nba draft has him as a lottery pick.
I have heard that they have to start him or it could damage their European recruiting. He will probably just play 10 or 15 minutes at the 3 and the rest of the time at the 4 and 5

Wow. If people thought the thread was heated over the issue of personal development and general nature of the human condition, just wait until your idea that Sabonis starts (and at the 3!) gets kicked around. :) (At least it would bring the topic semi-around to the subject.

I think that our arguably best player should be on the floor as much as possible. And, there's symbolic nature in who "starts" that I agree, can impact perceptions.

But, I'm not the coach, nor am I of the BB mind that some are around here.

thespywhozaggedme
06-28-2015, 10:04 PM
Anyone???

zag buddy
06-28-2015, 11:36 PM
I believe it was Keegan Crosby.

zag buddy
06-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Another camp has started 28 to the 1st. Come on all you local guys go on down and give a report. Guys play at 10pm. for an hour+ Contact me if you need directions, or call me at 509-218-8787

thespywhozaggedme
06-29-2015, 11:05 AM
OK, THANKS. Have we offered him too?
I believe it was Keegan Crosby.

maynard g krebs
06-29-2015, 12:31 PM

Bill Clinton?

amaronizag
06-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Another camp has started 28 to the 1st. Come on all you local guys go on down and give a report. Guys play at 10pm. for an hour+ Contact me if you need directions, or call me at 509-218-8787

Gladly. Are the scrimmages in the old gym or the new gym??

zag buddy
06-29-2015, 01:20 PM
New but the entrance I use is between the new and old on the south side

Bogozags
06-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Bill Clinton?

He said, "...hitting everything?" Not hitting "ON" everything!

hooter73
06-29-2015, 07:30 PM
LMAO I love this bored/board in the summer time.

ZagNative
06-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Do you suppose this guy will be in the building tonight?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wo1U40-5rAw/VZLNXS30sOI/AAAAAAACjIM/VoyvAQs_Nm8/s800/2015-06-30%252520Nigel%252520Williams-Goss.jpg

Tomorrow is the last day of camp until July 19.

zag buddy
06-30-2015, 11:28 AM
I went last night, Monday. Just 10 players were there and they played for an hour and a quarter. Shem and Edwards battled the whole time. Their conditioning is amazing. To be that big and that fit is amazing. Edwards is decent near the rim and loves to shoot away from the rim but needs work. His defense is still his strength. He is still maturing physically but I can see an extremely impressive body within the small amount of fat, When he reaches final maturity he is going to have a very athletic body.Also he has the best feet of anyone I have seen for a big man I attribute it to his playing tennis in HS,and he is quick for his size off initial moves. Shem has developed a very nice midrange game, no doubt about it and he is comfortable shooting when open. His growth and physical maturity has happened and he does look imposing. Melson played and he is in shape. This may be my mindset but if I was to critique him I would say he has a ways to go to develop a team first mentality. It's look left, look right, shoot. I have not seen the court awareness of where everyone is and will be from him. I think to be a leader you need that. Mcclellen was the hardest worker on the floor. Never quit and ran constantly.His shooting was just fine. Draino was shooting 3's with consistency throuout the nite. If anyone on the team was chosen to be an enforcer I believe it would be draino. He has that mind set.Our transfer that is 6ft 8in williams? play very well and to me he could play the three spot. alberts played well throughout the nite,. Josh Perkins was not there. Donny Daniels and Jerry Krause were there. I could use some help from other stalkers, I mean observers, come on guys.

dnj116
07-01-2015, 08:34 AM
I went last night, Monday. Just 10 players were there and they played for an hour and a quarter. Shem and Edwards battled the whole time. Their conditioning is amazing. To be that big and that fit is amazing. Edwards is decent near the rim and loves to shoot away from the rim but needs work. His defense is still his strength. He is still maturing physically but I can see an extremely impressive body within the small amount of fat, When he reaches final maturity he is going to have a very athletic body.Also he has the best feet of anyone I have seen for a big man I attribute it to his playing tennis in HS,and he is quick for his size off initial moves. Shem has developed a very nice midrange game, no doubt about it and he is comfortable shooting when open. His growth and physical maturity has happened and he does look imposing. Melson played and he is in shape. This may be my mindset but if I was to critique him I would say he has a ways to go to develop a team first mentality. It's look left, look right, shoot. I have not seen the court awareness of where everyone is and will be from him. I think to be a leader you need that. Mcclellen was the hardest worker on the floor. Never quit and ran constantly.His shooting was just fine. Draino was shooting 3's with consistency throuout the nite. If anyone on the team was chosen to be an enforcer I believe it would be draino. He has that mind set.Our transfer that is 6ft 8in williams? play very well and to me he could play the three spot. alberts played well throughout the nite,. Josh Perkins was not there. Donny Daniels and Jerry Krause were there. I could use some help from other stalkers, I mean observers, come on guys.

Thanks for the report! Very much appreciated.

cjm720
07-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the report! Very much appreciated.

+1

DixieZag
07-01-2015, 10:05 AM

Wonderful report.

Re Silas; given his great reputation in Oregon, I am chalking a lot of this up to confusion. I think experience and coaching will correct misperceptions, and, there will also be a lot of peer pressure about not hoisting up a questionable 3 in the first 10 seconds of clock when one has the bigs and Wiltjer.

amaronizag
07-01-2015, 10:23 AM
I for one think Silas is getting a bad rap from many on this forum. When he went in to sub for Pangos, his job was to run the offense which means putting points on the board. To me, that means shoot when you're open. Always look for the easy shot inside, or opportunity to help others score, but never pass up a wide open, high percentage shot.......ever! Passing up a shot is the same as missing a shot. If you get out of your car and find a $10 bill on the sidewalk, pick it up and put it in your pocket. Don't leave it laying on the sidewalk expecting to find a $20 bill further down the street!!! You will likely end up with no money in your pocket (points for that possession). I don't think Silas has a shoot first mentality at all, but I don't think he is afraid to shoot either. Hoisting and making his first 3 in Madison Square Garden says a lot about his confidence and skill level. I'm not worried about him in the least.

zag buddy
07-01-2015, 10:57 AM
All the players have things to work on. My report is what I saw for Melson to work on to be the best player he can be. If he can gain that mindset, to take pride in his achievements as an integral part as a team player, along with his shooting skills and slashing ability he will go from a good player to a great player.

seacatfan
07-01-2015, 11:04 AM
So...GBJ was often criticized for not looking for his shot enough. Melson shoots too much. If ONLY the Zags could get a player that was JUST RIGHT...

I still think it's a bit of a backlash because many posters feel a bit silly about how much they overhyped Melson before last season started. Compensating by overcompensating?

zagfan24
07-01-2015, 11:14 AM
So...GBJ was often criticized for not looking for his shot enough. Melson shoots too much. If ONLY the Zags could get a player that was JUST RIGHT...

I still think it's a bit of a backlash because many posters feel a bit silly about how much they overhyped Melson before last season started. Compensating by overcompensating?

You take a true freshman,
Redshirt him,
Then pull his redshirt,
Then ask him to back up two oustanding senior guards who have been starting for 4 years,
In the place of an even more highly touted recruit who was always a more pure PG,
On a team with legit final 4 aspirations.

Yeah, I think some here have been a bit to quick to critique Silas. It's nearly impossible to overstate what a difficult position he was in last year. I like his confidence, and I think he's going to be a great Zag.

sittingon50
07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Well put, 24.

DADoZAG
07-01-2015, 11:33 AM
You take a true freshman,
Redshirt him,
Then pull his redshirt,
Then ask him to back up two oustanding senior guards who have been starting for 4 years,
In the place of an even more highly touted recruit who was always a more pure PG,
On a team with legit final 4 aspirations.

Yeah, I think some here have been a bit to quick to critique Silas. It's nearly impossible to overstate what a difficult position he was in last year. I like his confidence, and I think he's going to be a great Zag.

Well said, 24 (as is your norm).

Probably won't go again after being escorted from the building one scrimmage last year (or was it the year before), so appreciate the reports. Thanx, buddy!

Go ZAGS!

zag buddy
07-01-2015, 11:43 AM
I have a couple pictures I took downloaded to my computer but I don/t know how to get them from the file to our forum-help. pm me if you can help

cjm720
07-01-2015, 11:46 AM
I have a couple pictures I took downloaded to my computer but I don/t know how to get them from the file to our forum-help. pm me if you can help

when you go to make a post, do you see the icons above such as the bold, italics, etc.? The fourth from the last (left to right) is the insert image. Click that then paste the file there.

ZagaZags
07-01-2015, 02:03 PM

I bet ZagNative could come in handy here. ZN has helped me more than once.

DADoZAG
07-01-2015, 04:35 PM
I bet ZagNative could come in handy here. ZN has helped me more than once.

ZN's helped a lot of us...

Go ZAGS

americasteam
07-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Josh Perkins pulled his groin so he's out for now. Expected to be healthy soon.

ZagNative
07-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Here are Zag Buddy's pics. I'm curious to hear about who's pictured:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Zl2rhjEhB60/VZXFXtyzbcI/AAAAAAACjIk/WYDpx99MoPQ/s640/0624152259.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-H22xDPGI0bA/VZXFYQ0J8JI/AAAAAAACjIs/Yh5UmOKe9n8/s640/0624152243.jpg

zag buddy
07-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Thanks ZN, your the best. I will take more pictures and send them to you until one of my grandsons show me how. Tx.

zag67
07-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Thanks ZB and ZN. Summers are long and BORING.

zag buddy
07-12-2015, 06:11 PM
The next camp starts July 16th-19th that's Thursday for you retired guys like myself who don't know what day of the week it is. Come on guys and gals. I will try to go and take some pictures now that a few great posters walked me thru the process.

zag buddy
07-16-2015, 04:40 PM
High school boys camp started today, scrimmage tonight Inquiring minds want a report, Maybe I will see you all there.

ZagNative
07-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Goodie! I love these reports!

Zags_Fanatic
07-16-2015, 06:39 PM
High school boys camp started today, scrimmage tonight Inquiring minds want a report, Maybe I will see you all there.

I'll see you there zag buddy, looking forward to it!

Zags_Fanatic
07-16-2015, 11:11 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-17-2015/U7ruI9.gif (http://makeagif.com/U7ruI9)

ZagaZags
07-16-2015, 11:16 PM

This is pretty damn awesome.

Zags_Fanatic
07-16-2015, 11:51 PM
Sorry if this eats up the thread, enjoy!

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/70ebc3a7-e7b0-46b5-bc70-8e2154ea0675.jpg
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/9d7a95ad-c4f6-4ca1-8048-69612c72b6d3.jpg
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/DSC_9091.jpg
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/DSC_9081.jpg
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/DSC_9064.jpg

Zags_Fanatic
07-16-2015, 11:57 PM
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/DSC_8965.jpg
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/DSC_9124.jpg
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/DSC_8958.jpg
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/DSC_8950.jpg
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/DSC_8933.jpg
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/mbmanaus/DSC_8927.jpg

Zags_Fanatic
07-17-2015, 12:38 AM
I thought the guys looked great tonight.

Perkins had a few signature passes and a great nose for the ball but I was most surprised by his excellent perimeter shooting. He has an interesting quick release and made quite a few threes.

Edwards was most surprising, he held his own against Big Rob and had some great moves. His mid-range game didn't look great but he was committed on defense and had a few really nice jump hooks in the lane. He was definitely forcing it too much from the perimeter and from what I saw there is no reason for him to be out that far from the basket.

Melson is a gamer, he took the scrimmage very seriously and got some nice looks. Melson/Perkins will bring a different dynamic compared to Pangos/Bell but they looked like they are ready to take over and they will complement each other well.

Dranginis was very active. He reminded me a lot of Collinsworth and if we didn't have such an adept passer Perkins on the team I think KD would have a real shot at getting a triple-double at some point in the season. He knocked down a few threes and seemed to be above the rim after every shot aggressively going after the rebound or tip. It seems like we hear this every year, but he really looks like he is ready to step up. Reminded me of Mike Hart with a smooth jump shot.

Johnathon Williams has amazing length and athleticism. He seemed a bit out of the loop at times in the scrimmage but after this redshirt year he will be a force to be reckoned with. Reminded me a little bit of Elias Harris.

Dustin Triano deserves a mention. I don't know how many minutes he will see this season but he was confident and really played well. There is no question that he is a great asset, especially as a walk on. If the injury bug hits I believe he could seamlessly slip into the rotation and hold his own.

Reborn
07-17-2015, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the pictures and write up about the scrimmage. I almost feel like I was there. Very good write up, Zag Fanatic. I'm glad to hear about how well the guys are playing, especially Melson and Edwards. I have never worried about Perkins and Melson, as some have. I have no doubt that these two guards will be as good as, if not better than, Pangos and Bell. And I absolutely love those two guys, and they gave us so many great memories the past four years. But the torch has been passed on, and I can hardly wait. Perkins can shoot the ball. If you remember he scored 68 points in an All-Star game after his senior season ended.
And if you remember i was the one who mentioned that a good friend of mine who saw him play a few times told me that he'd be a pro. So it's good to hear that he's doing well. Again thanks.

zag67
07-17-2015, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback. It was great hearing about the old and new additions. Edwards is going to get nothing but better. He will have one more year in waiting, but look at the amount of practice time against "pro to be" or already pro bigs that can do nothing but build him up. Summers are long and even though golf is great, this is super

TheGonzagaFactor
07-17-2015, 06:30 AM

We give EMac all this free GU gear and he still wears Vandy stuff IN OUR BUILDING?!? :ban:

willandi
07-17-2015, 06:41 AM
Did Sacre make the three?

IowaSERE
07-17-2015, 06:51 AM
Edwards should try to get on the shirts team next game.

hooter73
07-17-2015, 08:37 AM

Dude, not so cool.

Great write up! Scrimmages are fun for the players. Im sure some guys like Melson will turn it "on" here and there but I doubt Rob is really giving it to Edwards, neither of them want to get hurt beating up on each other so some face up attempts and laying back for the other to get in a dunk is understandable. The best part is the guys all playing together. I doubt they are using it to refine roles and plays or sharpen up on things they know they need to work on, they are really just out there to play the game they love and I love it!

You can almost see the young guys faces light up in the crowd in that pic as Perkins dunks it. this new crop of guards are going to make it exciting to watch if nothing else.

jbslicer
07-17-2015, 08:45 AM
Good call by IowaSERE. Edwards is a little chunky.

Salsageek
07-17-2015, 09:03 AM
will they be playing tonight? (Fri 7/17)
If so, what time? I would love to try to show up and watch.

Zags_Fanatic
07-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Did Sacre make the three?

Yes, he made that one plus one other 3. He was struggling from under the rim at the beginning of the scrimmage but eventually found his rhythm.

Zags_Fanatic
07-17-2015, 09:53 AM
Dude, not so cool.

Great write up! Scrimmages are fun for the players. Im sure some guys like Melson will turn it "on" here and there but I doubt Rob is really giving it to Edwards, neither of them want to get hurt beating up on each other so some face up attempts and laying back for the other to get in a dunk is understandable. The best part is the guys all playing together. I doubt they are using it to refine roles and plays or sharpen up on things they know they need to work on, they are really just out there to play the game they love and I love it!

You can almost see the young guys faces light up in the crowd in that pic as Perkins dunks it. this new crop of guards are going to make it exciting to watch if nothing else.

I wouldn't say that they were playing as if their lives depended on it, but it wasn't a walk in the park either. Rob was a sweaty mess by the end and he was putting in a lot of effort and I still say that Ryan held is own. A few of his post moves were unguardable by a 7-foot NBA veteran and he really has a nice touch for his size.

Zags_Fanatic
07-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Dude, not so cool.

I wouldn't say that they were playing as if their lives depended on it, but it wasn't a walk in the park either. Rob was a sweaty mess by the end and he was putting in a lot of effort and I still say that Ryan held is own. A few of his post moves were unguardable by a 7-foot NBA veteran and he really has a nice touch for his size.

hooter73
07-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Yes, he made that one plus one other 3. He was struggling from under the rim at the beginning of the scrimmage but eventually found his rhythm.

He's used to guarding against much different players and styles of play than what Edwards is like I'm guessing. Just the change of pace probably throws off his rythym. So cool that he comes back to play with the guys every summer.

hooter73
07-17-2015, 09:55 AM

He's used to playing against much different players and styles of play than what Edwards is like I'm guessing. Just the change of pace probably throws off his rhythm. So cool that he comes back to play with the guys every summer.

Zags_Fanatic
07-17-2015, 10:03 AM
Good call by IowaSERE. Edwards is a little chunky.

He is not cut like an NBA athlete but he is much slimmer than he was in high school. I would say that Ryan today looks like Kevin Love did in high school. It will take a massive amount of work form him to get the kind of definition that Kevin has now, but I don't think it is out of the question and he is moving in the right direction. Now to be fair to Ryan they scrimmaged for about an hour last night with no breaks and he didn't look winded at all until around the 40 minute mark. In a realistic game situation he will have no problem with stamina.

Zags_Fanatic
07-17-2015, 10:07 AM
will they be playing tonight? (Fri 7/17)
If so, what time? I would love to try to show up and watch.

Yes, they will be playing tonight starting at around 10 in the MAC. You can't just go in the front doors, though. Go to the double doors at the south entrance of the old kennel, when you get in you will take a right down the tunnel following the paper signs that point to the MAC and come out under the bleachers on the West side. zag buddy is the resident expert on these scrimmages, a huge thanks to him again for passing along the instructions!

zag buddy
07-17-2015, 10:25 AM
I didn't make it last night will try again tonight, but what an excellent write up ZF. It's is great to get as many perspectives as possible. I believe Edwards would start for most teams. It's so hard to find fault with the guys when they all play at such a high level.

jim77
07-17-2015, 10:40 AM
He is not cut like an NBA athlete but he is much slimmer than he was in high school. I would say that Ryan today looks like Kevin Love did in high school. It will take a massive amount of work form him to get the kind of definition that Kevin has now, but I don't think it is out of the question and he is moving in the right direction. Now to be fair to Ryan they scrimmaged for about an hour last night with no breaks and he didn't look winded at all until around the 40 minute mark. In a realistic game situation he will have no problem with stamina.

Agreed....Its basketball, not bodybuilding. Looks to me like he can get his shot off on an NBA player. Plus his wind is good...and will get even better leading up to the season. Our frontcourt is a serious force to be reckoned with. This team is a serious threat to win it all.

DADoZAG
07-18-2015, 11:30 AM
I didn't make it last night will try again tonight, but what an excellent write up ZF. It's is great to get as many perspectives as possible. I believe Edwards would start for most teams. It's so hard to find fault with the guys when they all play at such a high level.

Agree on the reports, zb! Thanx everyone!

Were you able to attend last night, zb? Anybody?

Go ZAGS!

zagbeliever
07-18-2015, 12:26 PM
I LOVE your pictures!!!!

MDABE80
07-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Is there a session tonight??? If so, I'm goin! Finally some weekend sessions when my office is closed!
I peeked in for the June sessions and i thought Josh and certainly EMAC looked superior.

Zag Buddy.help me out!

ZagNative
07-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Is there a session tonight??? If so, I'm goin! Finally some weekend sessions when my office is closed!
I peeked in for the June sessions and i thought Josh and certainly EMAC looked superior.

Zag Buddy.help me out!Looking forward to your report, MDAbe! The current session runs from July 16 - 19.

MDABE80
07-18-2015, 01:26 PM
The argumentative "love of my life" ZN responds! Anyone know a time???

Zags_Fanatic
07-18-2015, 01:38 PM
The argumentative "love of my life" ZN responds! Anyone know a time???

10PM, a few posts above have instructions on how to get in.

Zags_Fanatic
07-18-2015, 01:38 PM
I LOVE your pictures!!!!

Thanks, believer!

zag buddy
07-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Saturday night- I stopped by at 9:30pm and the parking lot was basically bare so I didn't go in. I figured they were done earlier than usual.

MDABE80
07-18-2015, 10:12 PM
Yes they were. I showed up at 10........talked to one of the coaches.....they played 9-945. Left early.

MDABE80
07-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Dont suppose the guys are playing tonight???

Joe
07-24-2015, 06:37 AM
They played last night. My thoughts: Perkins and McClellan were matched up all night. Those two can play. Triano was on Williams and surprised me a bit with his defense down low. Melson threw down a tomahawk dunk and hit a deep contested three. Edwards is no match for Sacre but that's not surprising. Sacre didn't miss many shots all night. Edwards didn't mix it up down low much, floating outside a lot and shooting deep 2's and threes. It's a scrimmage though so I don't think we'll see that when it counts.

hooter73
07-24-2015, 08:24 AM
Hmm, even though Im the one that said Sacre and Edwards probably arent really going all out, that is not the most encouraging thing to hear that our center in waiting is out facing up the whole time.

ProjectMKUltra5
07-24-2015, 08:40 AM
Hmm, even though Im the one that said Sacre and Edwards probably arent really going all out, that is not the most encouraging thing to hear that our center in waiting is out facing up the whole time.

Your looking at this all wrong. We can start four big men instead of three now! PK and Sabo as the bigs, Edwards can play the 3 and Kyle can move over to the 2. Who needs guards when we can be gigantic and make teams adapt to us! Amirite!?

http://media.giphy.com/media/uIeAJ5LVIQ5ji/giphy.gif

zag buddy
07-24-2015, 11:05 AM
Advanced skills camp 23 july-26th

SunDevilGolfZag
07-24-2015, 12:12 PM
Saw the scrimmage last night. Fun to watch, especially fun to watch Sacre run the court and see his skill set. Also fun to see close up when McClellan puts on a burst of speed--pretty amazing quickness. Not much to read into these games--it's really just a group of talented players having fun competing with everything about making constructive "basketball" moves from any position on the court but without degenerating into playground ball. In other words if one big man is or isn't playing down low or whatever, it's pretty meaningless to draw any conclusions or criticisms. Bottom line is just enjoy watching it for what it is. Certainly loads of talent out there. (I saw Perkins, Dranginis, McClellan, Alberts, Melson, Edwards, Williams, Triano, Sacre plus more)

zag buddy
07-24-2015, 01:14 PM
I saw Triano play twice. He appears to be taking his efforts very seriously as he appears to constantly trying to play his best and advance his skill set. Good luck to unrewarded and under appreciated man in the shadows who makes all of our players better.

Zagdawg
07-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Thanks to the fans who are sharing what they are seeing at the scrimmages.

SunDevilGolfZag
07-24-2015, 03:41 PM
I saw Triano play twice. He appears to be taking his efforts very seriously as he appears to constantly trying to play his best and advance his skill set. Good luck to unrewarded and under appreciated man in the shadows who makes all of our players better.

I have the same observations about Triano. That kid is an efficient player with well rounded skills. He fits right in

Zerogame
07-24-2015, 04:28 PM
Any chance they will be playing on Saturday, I will be in town and would love to watch. When and where if anyone knows?

MDABE80
07-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Is there a time or does it change from night to night? I'm all in for watching.

Joe
07-24-2015, 10:42 PM
As far as I know, they won't be playing Saturday, but they did play tonight. It is a lot of fun to watch. What stood out to me tonight was that one team had David Stockton, McClelland and Perkins. Pretty much the same guys as Thursday night except Sacre wasn't there. I'm really impressed by McClelland and Melson's quickness. Williams will be a beast on the boards.

Joe
07-24-2015, 11:39 PM
And Jack Beach (I think) was nearly automatic from deep. As good or better shooter than almost everyone out there. Also threw it off the backboard and went up and threw it down.

Reborn
07-25-2015, 04:56 AM
Who is Jack Beach

ZionZag
07-25-2015, 05:22 AM
Who is Jack Beach

Default Roster Addition: 6'3" Preferred Walk-On Guard Jack Beach

Hey guys, new to posting but I've been a long time reader of the forums.

6'3" combo guard Jack Beach has joined the team, is enrolled in summer school, and will wear #2. He is a recruited walk-on from Torrey Pines High School in San Diego, CA, and played AAU with Gamepoint (teammates with Justin Simon and Bennie Boatwright). His Torrey Pines team reached the quarterfinals of the California State Playoffs and finished 31-4. Beach had 28 in the final game, matched up against UCLA-commit Lonzo Ball. Beach's brother was on Bill Griers staff at USD the past two seasons, and his dad played baseball at GU from 84-89.

I've watched him play several times over the last couple of years and he's a lights-out shooter with good size and capable of playing the 1 or the 2. He could play right away but my guess is that he is a good redshirt candidate for this year. Had interest from Creighton, UCSB, USF, Northern AZ, Columbia, and a few others. He is a great get for the Zags--very under the radar. He will probably be playing tonight in the open scrimmages after camp.

Here are a couple highlight videos:

Torrey Pines vs. Chino Hills
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4700490/...s/248178450/v2

Beach's AAU Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiN7K7rIAzM

jazzdelmar
07-25-2015, 05:46 AM
Gotta say, these are some pretty sparse reports.....

GonzagasaurusFlex
07-25-2015, 07:15 AM
Who is Jack Beach

Jack Beach is a burgeoning legend in Gonzaga hoops history. Do not let his modest "preferred walk-on" roots dampen your expectations, hopes or dreams as his 3-point shooting prowess will surely propel Coach Few into the Final Four Promised Land.

He is no Bigs McGee; he is Jack Beach and he's for real!;)

IowaSERE
07-25-2015, 08:02 AM
I'm Jacked about Beach

jazzdelmar
07-25-2015, 09:47 AM
Life's a ........

Still say, should have gone to Columbia.

NumberCruncher
07-25-2015, 10:01 AM
"Sooner or later, it all gets real. Walk on." - Neil Young from his On the Beach album.

sittingon50
07-25-2015, 10:51 AM
"Sooner or later, it all gets real. Walk on." - Neil Young from his On the Beach album.

Neil is a hoops fan?

zag buddy
07-25-2015, 11:11 AM
Jazz If you don't like the sketchy reports why don't you do your share in just trying to be helpful to those interested on this forum and go to some scrimmages with your valuable time and give a professional report.

jazzdelmar
07-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Jazz If you don't like the sketchy reports why don't you do your share in just trying to be helpful to those interested on this forum and go to some scrimmages with your valuable time and give a professional report.

Would love to but I live about 1,300 miles away. Thanks for the compliment nonetheless.

zag buddy
07-25-2015, 11:58 AM
Jazz excuses, excuses excuses I guess you are really not committed, but you are very good at giving left handed compliments. I would expect that from a self absorbed teenager, but it would be a shame if you were an adult and had not grown out of that stage.

MDABE80
07-25-2015, 12:01 PM
Alright........is there a time for these scrimmages Zag Buddy?? Or is it unpredictable?

zag buddy
07-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Normally after the camps finish at 10 o'clock. Except on the last day of the camps there does not appear to be any scrimmages. When there are no camps it appears the guys decided at what time they will play. My best guess is they will play tonight at 10 pm.

Hogan
07-25-2015, 01:39 PM
Love the reports by those who are able to go. It is summer time and news is sparse.I'm with Jazz on this one- as much detail as possible please. I get grumpy without my Zag fix.

SunDevilGolfZag
07-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Normally after the camps finish at 10 o'clock. Except on the last day of the camps there does not appear to be any scrimmages. When there are no camps it appears the guys decided at what time they will play. My best guess is they will play tonight at 10 pm.

Last night they started before 9:00.

Zagdawg
07-25-2015, 02:22 PM
I'm going to take what I can get since you guys are taking your own time to go down and watch our guys play --I appreciate whatever you guys can provide-- no complaints here.

Thank you for providing the updates to the Zag family.

Go Zags

zag buddy
07-25-2015, 02:32 PM
If anyone is close to the camps or have someone attending the camps, it would be helpful if you could let us know what time the young men are finishing there practice for the day. tx

Joe
07-25-2015, 06:18 PM
I have two boys in their camps. They played the last two nights at 9-9:45 for the campers. I stuck around until they were done after 10. Last night was the last one. They are watching a highlight video rather than a scrimmage at 9 tonight. Then Mon-Wed is another camp, but it's out at 5 each night, so the scrimmages won't be tied to that camp.

I need to figure out how to post a couple pictures.

MDABE80
07-25-2015, 07:26 PM
rats..........

GrizZAG
07-25-2015, 07:31 PM
JB has Delly's release. Agree?