PDA

View Full Version : Gary Bell journey to the next adventure

Zagdawg
06-22-2015, 03:20 PM
Gonzaga Basketball ‏@ZagMBB 3h3 hours ago

Gonzaga Basketball retweeted Casey Holdahl
.@GBell_5 back on the floor with the @trailblazers.

Called back for a 2nd workout for Portland:

While in Seattle, Bell said he received a call from his agent on Sunday notifying him of a second workout.

"Known for his defensive awareness, the 6-foot-2 guard said he felt Monday’s session was a better than last Friday’s, adding he played better in one-on-one and three-on-three situations, while also taking on more ball handling duties.

Said Bell: “It’s a blessing for them to bring me back.”

In four years with the Bulldogs, Bell averaged 9.6 points, 2.0 assists, and 2.0 rebounds. In his senior season, Bell was named West Coast Conference Defensive Player of the Year and the named to the All-WCC second team.

When talking about his ability to guard multiple positions, even players much taller, Bell’s confidence in his defensive ability was on full display.

“I’m not going to back down from anybody,” said Bell, who finished his career at Gonzaga with 111 steals. “If coach wants me to guard someone, even if it’s a [7-foot player], I’m going to guard him. Whatever coaches say, I’m going to do.

“I believe I can guard anybody. I got to have that mentality if I’m going to guard them. If I think they will torch me, I’m not going to be able to guard them.”

The Blazers hold the No. 23 pick in Thursday’s NBA Draft and could hold one last workout before then."

http://www.csnnw.com/blazers/blazers-bring-back-beaverton-highs-railey-gonzaga%E2%80%99s-bell

http://blogs.columbian.com/blazer-banter/2015/06/22/gary-bell-jr-has-2nd-pre-draft-workout-with-the-blazers/#.VYhf5AyywtI.twitter

MDABE80
06-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Wishing Gary the best possible outcome. Great kid. Worked hard.

ZagNative
06-22-2015, 05:43 PM
I love Gary Bell! What a gift he's been to the program and the community.

Mr Vulture
06-22-2015, 07:10 PM
I actually think he is the biggest loss from last season because of his ability on defense. I fully expect him to hook up with a team in the NBA even if not drafted. He fits exactly the blueprint teams like Spurs look for.

Zagger
06-23-2015, 05:42 AM
Best of fortunes GBJ!
That would be sweet if Gary could get on with Portland!

Zagdawg
07-31-2015, 02:04 PM
Jim Meehan retweeted

WorldwideSM ‏@WorldwideSM 8h8 hours ago
Gary Bell Jr. (@GBell_5) from @ZagMBB signs with Stabill Jezioro Tarnobzeg from Poland's TBL #Gonzaga #WSM

webspinnre
07-31-2015, 02:36 PM
Good for him, best wishes in Poland!

jazzdelmar
07-31-2015, 03:25 PM
We have one of their best and now they have one of our best.

Zag 77
08-01-2015, 07:46 PM
I hope Gary can make a few bucks. I know that Greece and Russia are pretty notorious for situations where players do not get paid. What is the track record for the Polish League in this regard?

I note that Poland is on the Zloty until the Euro is phased in (2020).