PDA

View Full Version : More on Connor Griffin

Angelo Roncalli
06-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Interesting to see that he had been offered a scholarship for next year at GU.

http://www.scout.com/college/washington/story/1555974-uw-likely-to-add-gu-ath-to-football-roster

sittingon50
06-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Seeing him on the basketball floor he doesn't look "big enough" to be a tight end. But at 6'4" he certainly is. Put a helmet & pads on him & he's gonna' look plenty big out there. And with his hops he's an instant red zone threat.

Zagdawg
06-17-2015, 10:28 AM
Agree

tinfoilzag
06-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Seahawk Jimmy Graham on why BBall players make good tight ends from http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/13311/jimmy-graham-explains-why-basketball-players-are-good-tight-ends

“We have really good body control and foot work,” Graham said on John Clayton’s 710 ESPN Seattle radio show. “When the ball’s in the air, it doesn’t matter where it is, we can adjust to it. And now when you come down, you don’t have to worry about a hardwood floor. You have some nice grass to land on.”

“A lot of the guys who transitioned from basketball to football were undersized big men, for the most part,’’ Graham said. “You get used to going against guys who are 6-11 or taller. You either have to be real strong or real tough or both.”

Griffin is both. I think he'll have success.

cjm720
06-17-2015, 11:25 AM
I wonder if UW will offer him a scholarship?

Great trade for GU....NWG for CG! :)

MDABE80
06-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Sounding more like he really DID want football but had the athleticism to play basketball. Size should be fine........he's got the great hops to go find the football and bring it home. We all wish him th ebest. And so it goes..........

MTZag03
06-17-2015, 02:43 PM
I feel that he really does have a much higher ceiling with football. I'm really pulling for him, and I hate to say it but UW is really a good fit and does give him a shot at the NFL.

Also, yeah that's pretty neat that Few was going to offer a scholly. I'm guessing he knows he isn't filling next year's scholarships and not only saw a real role for Conner but also wanted to reward his work. It's just a good story and I can't wait to see what he does on the field. Then maybe the Packers can draft him like they did Meech.

Martin Centre Mad Man
06-17-2015, 04:10 PM
I wish he had stayed at GU. We could really use one more guard/wing with 2015 eligibility. He has enough size and athleticism to contribute, particularly if the injury bug hits.

I wish him well at UW.

SLOZag
08-17-2015, 07:57 PM
MODS: FEEL FREE TO MOVE THIS THREAD TO OLD DOGS

From UW’s 10th day of fall football camp (full pads):

"A lot of jawing back and forth between the offense and defense. After his touch sack of KJCS to end one drive, senior DL Jarett Finau turned toward the offense’s side and let out a prolonged, WWE-style roar. After Lindquist threw an errant pass for walk-on TE Connor Griffin, the former Gonzaga basketball walk-on, Clay yelled: “You should’ve stuck to basketball!” (Griffin, by the way, has had a nice camp working mostly with the third-string offense. UW is deep at tight end, but he could help down the road.)"

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-football-fall-camp-defense-dominates-on-day-10/