PDA

View Full Version : ESPN top 100 for 2016: lots left;)

MDABE80
06-11-2015, 04:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings

Kiddwell
06-11-2015, 05:08 PM
A 6-5 "small forward" from Idaho? We've had pretty good luck with a 6-5 guy from Idaho recently.

:]

MDABE80
06-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Pretty sure Boise St is on him. Not much info.

DixieZag
06-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Amazing how few kids from the west.

And, I didn't count, but it looked like Utah had more kids than California, Oregon and Washington combined.

The other thing that bugs me is that so many of the kids that I looked at (as reasonable targets) had Arizona on their list.

Bags
06-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Pretty sure Boise St is on him. Not much info.

Lot of recent talk on the BYU board from some claiming to be relatives and friends that Harding is close to committing to BYU. Of course, that's not worth much but we'll see.

BYU did get a nice commit a few days ago from Gavin Baxter who is a top 100 player on both Rivals and Scout (53 on scout and 86 on rivals) but not ESPN. Also Looks like 7'4 Alan Hamson (BYU women volleyball/basketball player Jennifer Hamson's brother) will walk onto BYU. Seems to me that the Zags and BYU are both picking up some good players.

ProjectMKUltra5
06-12-2015, 09:18 PM
Lot of recent talk on the BYU board from some claiming to be relatives and friends that Harding is close to committing to BYU. Of course, that's not worth much but we'll see.

BYU did get a nice commit a few days ago from Gavin Baxter who is a top 100 player on both Rivals and Scout (53 on scout and 86 on rivals) but not ESPN. Also Looks like 7'4 Alan Hamson (BYU women volleyball/basketball player Jennifer Hamson's brother) will walk onto BYU. Seems to me that the Zags and BYU are both picking up some good players.

A commitment nobody cares about other then me but BYU picked up Steven Beo, a 6'3" guard outta Richland Wa. 5 years ago Mark Few would have scooped him up in a heartbeat but currently GUs recruiting is a bit above Beo so it's a pass. Kid is a gamer and makes all sorts of plays. I'm curious to see if he gets a chance to stick around and develop his game, he'll be a thorn in our side if he does imo.

Bags
06-12-2015, 09:52 PM
A commitment nobody cares about other then me but BYU picked up Steven Beo, a 6'3" guard outta Richland Wa. 5 years ago Mark Few would have scooped him up in a heartbeat but currently GUs recruiting is a bit above Beo so it's a pass. Kid is a gamer and makes all sorts of plays. I'm curious to see if he gets a chance to stick around and develop his game, he'll be a thorn in our side if he does imo.

There had been almost no talk about the kid in BYU land before the kid announced for BYU but he seems like a very good pickup, especially as he will be a "preferred walk-on" for BYU, not a scholarship player.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865625631/BYU-gains-football-basketball-commitments.html?pg=all

Coach Crazy
06-13-2015, 02:31 PM

Was at Legends Grill, one day, while Jennifer was there. Crazy tall girl. The whole family is that way.

Bags
06-16-2015, 08:55 AM
Was at Legends Grill, one day, while Jennifer was there. Crazy tall girl. The whole family is that way.

Yep. Crazy tall.

Nobody is really expecting anything from Alan but, as the saying goes, you can't teach height. The kid was "just" 7 feet in high school and had decent athleticism but suffered from scoliosis and back problems so no school offered. But he had successful surgery for scoliosis after graduating which added 3 inches to his height and the 2 year layoff has been good for him as he reportedly no longer suffers from back problems. Again, little expectation especially when players line Mika and Daystrup return, but you never know. Here is a short article on him and his commitment to BYU:

http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/basketball/men/hamson-legacy-continues---alan-will-walk-on-at/article_a8cc11cc-a41d-5c95-a70d-8fe00962f858.html

Anyway, I've taken up too much time here talking about BYU. Good luck to the Zags. And man, I hate the fact that the Wade kid is a Zag. But good luck to him and your team.