PDA

View Full Version : OT: Big Ed and dinosaurs!

BobZag
06-11-2015, 02:31 PM
If any of you go see "Jurassic World" (opens Friday), Eric "Big Ed" Edelstein will have a prominent role as the Paddock Supervisor.

With a little luck, Big Ed won't get devoured.

Anyway, check out the diehard Zags alum and fan. The movie is going to be BIG.

Bogozags
06-12-2015, 08:51 AM
Is the 3D version worth seeing? Plan on going Wednesday...

BobZag
06-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Is the 3D version worth seeing? Plan on going Wednesday...

I saw it in 2D and it looked like it'd be great in 3D.

Btw, poor, poor Big Ed. :(

kitzbuel
06-14-2015, 05:28 AM
I saw it in 2D and it looked like it'd be great in 3D.

Btw, poor, poor Big Ed. :(
Come on! No spoilers!

DixieZag
06-14-2015, 07:06 AM
Come on! No spoilers!

Seeing as how it seems that all but 3-4 of the biggest stars will not make it, that's not much of a spoiler. If one is into gambling, the real wagering would be on how many others meet their end before he does, from 0 to 20?

BobZag
06-14-2015, 08:43 AM
Hahah. No spoilers. It's the best BIG movie so far, just barely better than San Andreas.

JW will make about 205 mil in first weekend, the second biggest US opening ever.

Bogozags
06-15-2015, 09:06 AM
I am sooooo looking forward to JW...loved San Andreas...thought the Rock did well in that role.

Since we are on the topic of movies...anyone seen Tomorrowland (?) any good?

BobZag
06-15-2015, 10:21 AM
I am sooooo looking forward to JW...loved San Andreas...thought the Rock did well in that role.

Since we are on the topic of movies...anyone seen Tomorrowland (?) any good?

Tomorrowland is the worst movie I've seen this offseason. Awful. Agree on San Andreas/The Rock.

Bogozags
06-15-2015, 10:46 AM
Well, THANK YOU BZ for saving me $10.50...

Jazzgirl_127
06-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Is "Jurassic World" any more gruesome than the original?
The little guy in my profile picture, Grant, is turning 4 in a few weeks and loves the original movie (and the sequels), I'm debating taking him to see the new movie, or just waiting for it on Redbox. He requested a Jurassic Park birthday party, so I've got dino related things strewn all over the house and plaster of paris setting in some skeleton molds to make fossils for the kids to excavate.

Zagdawg
06-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Um....so your saying that Big Ed won't be in the sequel?

TexasZagFan
06-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Is "Jurassic World" any more gruesome than the original?
The little guy in my profile picture, Grant, is turning 4 in a few weeks and loves the original movie (and the sequels), I'm debating taking him to see the new movie, or just waiting for it on Redbox. He requested a Jurassic Park birthday party, so I've got dino related things strewn all over the house and plaster of paris setting in some skeleton molds to make fossils for the kids to excavate.

My grandson will be 5 in 3 months. We were debating whether or not to take him, but I was mean old Opa, and said, "he'll love it." He's already seen the first one, so he'll be fine.

He loved it, though he admitted he was scared a "teeny bit". lol

His favorite part of the movie was when the younger boy said, "I can't wait to tell Mom about this," and his aunt said "don't tell Mom anything."
He laughed as loud as anyone in the theatre.

He wants to go see it again...

TexasZagFan
06-15-2015, 02:42 PM
Well, THANK YOU BZ for saving me $10.50...

Too sprightly for the "Senior Discount?" lol

TexasZagFan
06-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Come on! No spoilers!

Ok, the secret's out...Big Ed's blood and guts were prominently displayed on the dino's teeth.

DixieZag
06-15-2015, 02:58 PM
My 7 y.o. still has PTSD from just going on the ride at Disneyland, never mind watching the movie where people actually get eaten.

TexasZagFan
06-15-2015, 04:43 PM
My 7 y.o. still has PTSD from just going on the ride at Disneyland, never mind watching the movie where people actually get eaten.

Don't you mean Universal Studios? I have two nephews that still talk about the time they rode it with me...15+ years ago. A classic moment...lol. Remember the "bump" that changed the boat's direction? I said, "hey, that didn't happen when I rode it an hour ago."

DixieZag
06-15-2015, 04:59 PM
Don't you mean Universal Studios? I have two nephews that still talk about the time they rode it with me...15+ years ago. A classic moment...lol. Remember the "bump" that changed the boat's direction? I said, "hey, that didn't happen when I rode it an hour ago."

It was one of the ones in California, I think it was Disney, but, who knows, they all look the same.

What I DO know is that there were several rides that "scared her" to different degrees, (not the roller coasters, loved them). She'd talk about what bothered her as scary and why she would not go on them again. Not so with this one. She walked out, silently, and did NOT want to talk about it - never mentioned it for the rest of the day. Basically, one couldn't get her on another ride fast enough.

TexasZagFan
06-15-2015, 05:02 PM
It was one of the ones in California, I think it was Disney, but, who knows, they all look the same.

What I DO know is that there were several rides that "scared her" to different degrees, (not the roller coasters, loved them). She'd talk about what bothered her as scary and why she would not go on them again. Not so with this one. She walked out, silently, and did NOT want to talk about it - never mentioned it for the rest of the day. Basically, one couldn't get her on another ride fast enough.

I hope she never has to visit an IRS office...I still get shivers over those...lol

Birddog
06-16-2015, 03:20 AM
I hope she never has to visit an IRS office...I still get shivers over those...lol

25 years later and I can still remember clearly my interactions with the incompetent, humorless zombie that worked my case. She was most definitely a member of the "undead".

BobZag
06-16-2015, 09:52 AM
The theater was packed when I went. I did see a dad with two little ones leave about midway through. I'd say, yes, it's a bit more gory and a bit more scary than Jurassic Park. Everything is amped up compared to the original. I'd suggest to use your discretion and best judgment if you have little kids.

Zagdawg
06-16-2015, 10:41 AM
I saw one family leave also on Sunday due to the intensity.

Jazzgirl_127
06-17-2015, 07:02 AM
Thank you all for weighing in, I think most things in movies don't phase him. But I'll probably hold off on taking him (he hasn't even asked to go see it yet so it won't be much of a loss) just so we don't end up leaving half way. AMC ran a Jurassic Park/Jaws week last month so we DVR'd JP and the sequels and let him watch them...I guess we didn't fast forward through all the commercials because this ended up being our conversation:
G: Can I watch "Jaws"?
Me: I don't know, Daddy thinks it might be a little scary for you.
G: Does someone on a boat get eaten by a shark?
Me: Yes.
G: Yeah, I saw that on the commercial. He slid down the boat into the sharks mouth.
Me: His name was Quint, we'll watch it when Daddy's at work.

And lol at Dixie's story about Disney, we went when I was 3 or 4 and I thought the Pirates of the Caribbean were shooting real canon balls at us and was afraid we'd go over the waterfall at the Norwegian ride in Epcot.

DixieZag
06-17-2015, 08:15 AM
The theater was packed when I went. I did see a dad with two little ones leave about midway through. I'd say, yes, it's a bit more gory and a bit more scary than Jurassic Park. Everything is amped up compared to the original. I'd suggest to use your discretion and best judgment if you have little kids.

I truly can't imagine taking a kid younger than 10.

I haven't seen it. I'm just going off of things that have come on TV that freak out kids.

I recall having to go see "Jaws" at a friends birthday party when I was about 8-9, my parents would never have taken me to see that. I recall the first minute, the music, the water, and thinking "I should NOT be here." I didn't 'enjoy' it in any way.

Bogozags
06-17-2015, 01:58 PM
I truly can't imagine taking a kid younger than 10.

I haven't seen it. I'm just going off of things that have come on TV that freak out kids.

I recall having to go see "Jaws" at a friends birthday party when I was about 8-9, my parents would never have taken me to see that. I recall the first minute, the music, the water, and thinking "I should NOT be here." I didn't 'enjoy' it in any way.

Dixie,

As an adult, watching the Premier in Hawaii, when I heard that music, the girl in the water I had the same thoughts too! In fact, I got rid of my waterbed for that very reason.

OZZY
06-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Tomorrowland is the worst movie I've seen this offseason. Awful. Agree on San Andreas/The Rock.

Tomorrowland was probably the worst time I have spent doing something in the last year. Not only was it a bad movie script wise it was pompous and preaching.

GrizZAG
06-17-2015, 08:29 PM
I must share this. I think it was at Epcot that Exxon had an impressive ride through time to understand where oil came from or something like that. I remember Ellen Degeneres on a 360 degree screen doing the intro video, then we went into a theater that transformed into boats going down a dark pre-historic river. As we rode along some kind of dino lowered it's head right down on us and it startled me so bad I punched that sucker hard as I could in the nose. No kidding it scared hell out of me. It was pretty funny and my kid was impressed. Snapshot in time LOL. It was an impressive display with great effects and sounds. There was even a mist of spray from the dino snouts when they came down.