PDA

View Full Version : 2016 ESPN Recruiting Rankings Updated

CDC84
06-09-2015, 07:53 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings

#39 Zach Collins (was in the 50's previously)

Other guys the Zags are at least scouting:

#75 Brendan Bailey
#78 Jonah Mathews

ProjectMKUltra5
06-09-2015, 08:09 AM
We offered Jayce Johnson whose moved into the 100 at #92. Preeeeetty sure the staff backed off him though, haven't heard anything in a while. Kids a beast on the floor but 4 schools in 4 years isn't a good sign. Oh well.

jazzdelmar
06-09-2015, 08:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings

#39 Zach Collins (was in the 50's previously)

Other guys the Zags are at least scouting:

#75 Brendan Bailey
#78 Jonah Mathews

Still work to do to get to McD status....assume that's at least top 25, not including the politics of the Dooks and NCs and UKs of the world. Tough sledding, but there are other such games now. #27 is now the 5 star cutoff, so assume he needs to get his fifth star, kinda like Omar Bradley.

Zags_Fanatic
06-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Still work to do to get to McD status....assume that's at least top 25, not including the politics of the Dooks and NCs and UKs of the world. Tough sledding, but there are other such games now. #27 is now the 5 star cutoff, so assume he needs to get his fifth star, kinda like Omar Bradley.
#39 without being the first option on his high school team is encouraging, though. Give him a season to establish his dominance at that level and he could make a push for Top 25.

DixieZag
06-09-2015, 12:48 PM

You mean straight out of school, right? :)

We get them, eventually.

Just takes a year or two to figure out they should have come to GU in the first place.

We're an acquired taste - more complex.

GonzagasaurusFlex
06-09-2015, 03:35 PM
You mean straight out of school, right? :)

We get them, eventually.

Just takes a year or two to figure out they should have come to GU in the first place.

We're an acquired taste - more complex.

Hopefully Zag hoops never becomes so successful as to become arrogant and entitled though, lest we start smelling like Dookie

zagamatic
06-09-2015, 04:46 PM
I personally don't care how good they are in high school. I care about how good they are in a Zags uniform. After all, we all know those people that peaked in high school.

Coach Crazy
06-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Hopefully Zag hoops never becomes so successful as to become arrogant and entitled though, lest we start smelling like Dookie

I'd love to "smell like" Duke. Their recruiting is superior, and they win NC's. I think some around here have this idea that we can sustain long-term success without continually reaching new levels of coaching, recruiting, and players. I look forward to the day when the recruiting we have witnessed the last few years wouldn't be good enough.

I want rings. I don't mind living through the developmental years, in fact, it is a wonderful thing to witness. However, if we are not progressing toward becoming a becoming one of the royal's of the court, then this ride is gonna be a very mediocre one that will eventually lead to Gonzaga falling back down to earth.

WallaWallaZag
06-09-2015, 08:41 PM

interesting...a zag fan that doesn't want the team to be "too" successful??? as far as arrogance and entitlement, i would suggest that many of the zag wcc brethren already feel the zags reek of this right now, even without any further success...

gonzagafan62
06-09-2015, 08:54 PM

lol I feel like we are already entitled to winning the wcc refusal and postseason titles every year. What would change during the national stage ? Lol ... Still the most loyal best fans in basketball ... Let me tell you something. I would love to be like the Dukes and kentuckys.