PDA

View Full Version : APR

Angelo Roncalli
06-04-2015, 03:52 PM
The new APR's are out. Gonzaga is #2 in the country for departmental (all sports) comparison, next to Dartmouth:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGg2brVVAAAaOpD.png:large

229SintoZag
06-04-2015, 03:55 PM
The new APR's are out. Gonzaga is #2 in the country for departmental (all sports) comparison, next to Dartmouth:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGg2brVVAAAaOpD.png:large

Pretty good but we can do better next time. I am sure we can take Dartmouth.

MDABE80
06-04-2015, 04:41 PM
It's really amazing! multiple somebodys are doing a fantastic job.

Martin Centre Mad Man
06-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Wow. There are a lot of truly elite universities near the top of that list.

jazzdelmar
06-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Bottom line, GU is the tops.

roxdoc
06-04-2015, 07:56 PM
The 8 Ivy's are in the top 21, but only one ahead of GU! Impressive!

webspinnre
06-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Wowzers, that's impressive.

ZagDad84
06-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Kudos to the Zags. Truly a grand achievement.

Assuming this list is the top 28 schools in the nation, what is more interesting to me is that both the Huskies and Cougars are on the list. Other than USC and UNC, no other big 5 conference schools made the list. The Huskies and Cougars are also standing proud.

ZagDad

DixieZag
06-05-2015, 06:21 AM
That is mind blowing. Truly.

That actually might be more difficult to do than reach the elite 8. Eight teams got to where we did. Only one "team" did better than us in this score. And, what a complex and difficult game to succeed in.

Congrats to the entire A.D., feel free to brag about yourselves and release all kinds of news about it.

jazzdelmar
06-05-2015, 06:28 AM
That is mind blowing. Truly.

That actually might be more difficult to do than reach the elite 8. Eight teams got to where we did. Only one "team" did better than us in this score. And, what a complex and difficult game to succeed in.

Congrats to the entire A.D., feel free to brag about yourselves and release all kinds of news about it.

This is for all sports, Dix. No way to determine performances of the basketball programs.

webspinnre
06-05-2015, 06:40 AM
There are other sources that break it down. While our basketball team wasn't #2 in the nation, it did very well. Can't remember when it was posted.

TexasZagFan
06-05-2015, 08:08 AM
The 8 Ivy's are in the top 21, but only one ahead of GU! Impressive!

As a result of Harvard's latest slippage, the Board of Trustees has launched a new capital campaign with a goal of $6+ billion.

jazzdelmar
06-05-2015, 11:10 AM
As a result of Harvard's latest slippage, the Board of Trustees has launched a new capital campaign with a goal of $6+ billion.

Just got $400 million from hedge fund mgr. John Paulson, as if they need it.

sullyzag66
06-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Just got $400 million from hedge fund mgr. John Paulson, as if they need it.

As if he could afford it...

B Wayne
06-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Gonzaga's endowment is approximately $165 million.

Don't cheat. Without looking guess the size of Harvard's endowment.

Hint: Paulson's $400 million contribution this week is twice the size of GU's entire endowment!

webspinnre
06-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Cheating, but we just discussed this in OCC. It's over 30 billion, close to 35, depending on which numbers you believe.

DixieZag
06-05-2015, 07:34 PM
This is for all sports, Dix. No way to determine performances of the basketball programs.

I know.

I meant it for the whole school.

The comparison was just a "in terms of comparable achievement"

MBAGael
06-05-2015, 09:15 PM
That. Is. So. Awesome!

Congrats!

B Wayne
Cheating, but we just discussed this in OCC. It's over 30 billion, close to 35, depending on which numbers you believe.

Nice. I've heard that the annual earnings/interest on 30 billion would pay for the tuition for every student into eternity. I think donors should pick a school where the donation would create more impact. Gonzaga is no small potatoes and think of the difference such a donation would make to GU.

MBAGael
That. Is. So. Awesome!

Congrats!

webspinnre
06-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Nice. I've heard that the annual earnings/interest on 30 billion would pay for the tuition for every student into eternity. I think donors should pick a school where the donation would create more impact. Gonzaga is no small potatoes and think of the difference such a donation would make to GU.

OCC thread on the topic:
http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?54152-Charitable-Giving-and-Nonprofits

Not only could they pay tuition, based on their current interest earnings, they could cover their ENTIRE operating budget every year.

Zag 77
06-05-2015, 10:02 PM
One would think GU would be proud of this accomplishment. Not a peep in any Spokane TV, radio, print or internet media. Nothing on the GU athletic website (gozags.com). Nothing on the GU school website (Gonzaga.edu). Nothing on GU Facebook page.

What gives? If Angelo had not posted it here, nobody would know about it.:confused:

jazzdelmar
06-06-2015, 04:33 AM
Harvard and other cash hoarding Ivies gave into political pressure a few years ago, largely from Iowa Sen. Grassley, who threatened to throw them under the same law as foundations with respect to giving away a perecentage of their vast earnings each year. So the schools then cobbled together a plan that provides full tuition to all students with family incomes under a certain amount, I believe 100 thousand or maybe lower. Nothing philanthropic about it, just dodging the feds. To be fair, much of HU's endowment is restricted, the latest Paulson gift is earmarked for an engineering school, a whole one, but still as was cited above they could fund tuition for all, regardless of family income, with ease. It's a scandal as well in a far more important way: you and I and every person on this board in effect underwrites this purported largesse since folks like Paulson enjoy tax breaks that, in his case, can amount to $200 million that is lost to the treasury.