PDA

View Full Version : NWG is Best Player Sitting Out 2015-16 (Bleacher Report)

Zagdawg
05-23-2015, 12:05 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2451008-ranking-the-best-college-basketball-players-sitting-out-the-2015-16-season/page/21

gonzagafan62
05-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Awesome!

DixieZag
05-23-2015, 05:00 PM
Cool.

I didn't know much about him. I knew he was very good, and a Husky.

But, finding out he was high-school AA, a guy many thought might be NBA bound, is really exciting.

Not often a guy like him is wiling to forego a whole year with that kind of talent, so, he might see something super special in GU

jchocolate99
05-23-2015, 08:58 PM
Cool.

I didn't know much about him. I knew he was very good, and a Husky.

But, finding out he was high-school AA, a guy many thought might be NBA bound, is really exciting.

Not often a guy like him is wiling to forego a whole year with that kind of talent, so, he might see something super special in GU

man him and Perkins teaming up is just gonna be lights out... for all the zag fans that wished for athletic guards 2016 will be the most athletic guard lineup GU will ever have on the court at once

seacatfan
05-23-2015, 10:14 PM
man him and Perkins teaming up is just gonna be lights out... for all the zag fans that wished for athletic guards 2016 will be the most athletic guard lineup GU will ever have on the court at once

Both are big time talents, but I don't think either are elite athletes. Neither is anywhere near what Pargo was. I can't remember for sure, but if Pargo and Pmac were on the floor together in the backcourt they were way more athletic than this duo. What Perkins and NWG provide are good size and playmaking ability. Both can drive the lane effectively but it's not because they are super fast. They could prove to be the best backcourt combo in GU history, don't get me wrong, I'm totally excited about what they can do together.

Mr Vulture
05-24-2015, 02:59 PM
You've let your mind if you don't think Perkins and NWG wouldn't be our most physically gifted backcourt ever. Nothing against Pargo and PMAC but these guys are elite athletes AND have extremely high basketball IQ's....

Both are big time talents, but I don't think either are elite athletes. Neither is anywhere near what Pargo was. I can't remember for sure, but if Pargo and Pmac were on the floor together in the backcourt they were way more athletic than this duo. What Perkins and NWG provide are good size and playmaking ability. Both can drive the lane effectively but it's not because they are super fast. They could prove to be the best backcourt combo in GU history, don't get me wrong, I'm totally excited about what they can do together.

seacatfan
05-24-2015, 04:07 PM
You've let your mind if you don't think Perkins and NWG wouldn't be our most physically gifted backcourt ever. Nothing against Pargo and PMAC but these guys are elite athletes AND have extremely high basketball IQ's....

Are you really going to try to tell me that either of them have the explosiveness or raw physical tools as Pargo? Because they don't. They might very well both be much better players, I'm merely commenting about athleticism. Not the same thing as basketball skills.

Pmac was smallish and didn't live up to the hype, but he was a freak of an athlete.

ProjectMKUltra5
05-24-2015, 05:30 PM
You'll be hard pressed to find a more physical set of guards outside of Perkins and NWG. Both have supreme strength and can bully their way to just about any spot on the floor.

I think "most physical" is more apt then "most athletic" with Perkins and NWG. Nobody is going to confuse them for a guy like Pargo but they present a entirely different set of problems with their physicality.

Mr Vulture
05-24-2015, 06:26 PM
I'm going to say athleticism comes in many different forms. Best way I can say it is that I 100% believe that both Perkins and NWG could match up physically/athletically with Pargo. I think our difference in view is you are talking pure explosiveness and I'm thinking overall atleticism.

Are you really going to try to tell me that either of them have the explosiveness or raw physical tools as Pargo? Because they don't. They might very well both be much better players, I'm merely commenting about athleticism. Not the same thing as basketball skills.

Pmac was smallish and didn't live up to the hype, but he was a freak of an athlete.

seacatfan
05-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Seems like threads pop up periodically about "what is athleticism?" and there is never a consensus. Bottom line, NWG and Perkins should be an exciting guard combination and I'm looking forward to seeing them on the floor together in '16-'17.

cggonzaga
05-24-2015, 11:51 PM
If we're talking explosive ups we have that in Melson and Alberts.

rennis
05-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Until proven otherwise the backcourt of Frahm, Santangelo, and Hall are still the most athletic. it's science!!