PDA

View Full Version : Dellavedova Gives a Big Shout Out to the Kennel !!!

SLOZag
05-15-2015, 04:05 PM
"Chicago Bulls fans tried to rattle Matthew Dellevedova by booing him throughout Game 6. It didn’t work. The 24-year-old Australian led the Cleveland Cavaliers with 19 points in their 94-73 series-clinching victory. According to Dellavedova, he could hardly even hear the noise.

“I don’t really hear that,” he said after the game, per Chris Fedor of Northeast Ohio Media Group. “Well, I mean, I’ve played at Gonzaga & BYU, and it’s definitely a lot louder, the boos there.”

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/matthew-delladova-not-impressed-boos-bulls-fans/262231

DixieZag
05-15-2015, 04:13 PM
Great thread.

Great kid.

Take heart, Delly. No one boos bad players.

And, from the moment you stopped playing against us (so well), we became Delly fans - proud WCC alum and I want him to take it further.

jazzdelmar
05-15-2015, 04:18 PM
Delly doing all of us proud. Awesome.

MTZag03
05-15-2015, 04:39 PM
No one here is booing you now Delly!!!

Martin Centre Mad Man
05-15-2015, 05:39 PM
I love watching that young man play. I am thrilled that he is playing so well in the NBA.

TheZagPhish
05-15-2015, 05:40 PM
:clap:

Bouldin4Prez
05-15-2015, 06:11 PM
He is one of those guys that when he's playing against your team you hate him more than any other player on thee court but if he's playing for your team you love him more than any other player on the court.

gonzagafan62
05-15-2015, 06:13 PM
One of the few Gaels that irritated the crap out of me that I was sad to see go. What a great kid. Loved his game and his comments today. He represents the wcc well

Reborn
05-15-2015, 06:19 PM
I was not surprised by his game last night at all. If given the chance he'll succeed just like the other St. Mary's guard is for San Antonio. both of them were great college players in my opinion, and especially Della......He was a great point guard in the WCC. Keep it up.

Mr Vulture
05-15-2015, 06:41 PM
I literally just said the same thing to my buddy at the watering hole....well stated!

He is one of those guys that when he's playing against your team you hate him more than any other player on thee court but if he's playing for your team you love him more than any other player on the court.

Coach Crazy
05-15-2015, 07:09 PM
Will never be able to root for a Gael. Unless of course he plays for professional team I support. But a Gael who also plays for the Cavs? No way.

Mr Vulture
05-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Sorry for you if that's really how you feel! I personally hated guys like Dellavadova, Samhan, and Mills when we were playing them but otherwise, I always root for them. I would much prefer a league where the Zags have 3-4 legit teams than a walk thru year after year. The more players in the NBA, the more legit recruits view the league. You can be passionate for your team without hating kids long term for just being good players on other teams.

Will never be able to root for a Gael. Unless of course he plays for professional team I support. But a Gael who also plays for the Cavs? No way.

Coach Crazy
05-15-2015, 07:43 PM
Sorry for you if that's really how you feel! I personally hated guys like Dellavadova, Samhan, and Mills when we were playing them but otherwise, I always root for them. I would much prefer a league where the Zags have 3-4 legit teams than a walk thru year after year. The more players in the NBA, the more legit recruits view the league. You can be passionate for your team without hating kids long term for just being good players on other teams.

We're talking about rooting for or against players. Not hating them as people. If it is ok to do when they are playing against Gonzaga, then it is ok to do when they move on. Especially when they play for a professional team I do not currently have an affinity for...

sittingon50
05-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Per the article:

He put a leg lock on Taj Gibson?!

Has Kevin Love weighed in?

KStyles
05-15-2015, 09:18 PM
He put a leg lock on Taj Gibson?!
?

Leg lock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVDvXrIshmA

He ended up getting a tech as well the next day.

Ekrub
05-15-2015, 09:48 PM
Mills and dellevadova are easy to root for. Samhan, I could never cheer for.

ZagsGoZags
05-15-2015, 10:09 PM
He and Waldow were both in my doghouse for picking, and wearing, the ugliest two mouthpieces I can remember by any other BB blayers, college or pros. As they mellowed they both started looking like normal people, and I respected them both their last year, both for their talented play and great effort, and I got over my first reactions to their looks.

tyra
05-16-2015, 06:59 AM
This: "Mills and dellevadova are easy to root for. Samhan, I could never cheer for."

I don't know why anyone would not appreciate Mills and Dellavedova, even when we played them and they helped beat us. Those two young man played with great heart and character and they both had great stories. I admired them both. Samhan, OTOH, . . .

Mr Vulture
05-16-2015, 07:43 AM
I see what you were saying now...I took it the other way. For me, unless they played for a team I can't stand, I'd root for them. Doesn't matter to me where they went to school once they are pros.

We're talking about rooting for or against players. Not hating them as people. If it is ok to do when they are playing against Gonzaga, then it is ok to do when they move on. Especially when they play for a professional team I do not currently have an affinity for...