PDA

View Full Version : Next year's Odds for winning the title and another preseason top 25.

23dpg
05-15-2015, 02:37 PM
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/05/14/college-basketball-power-rankings-north-carolina-kentucky-kansas

Zags at number 8 on the top 25. This comment caught me by surprise. combo guard Silas Melson is a sleeper NBA prospect;

Zags at 18-1, tied for 5th with Duke and Iowa State.

MDABE80
05-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Re: Silas.......I told em;)

gonzagafan62
05-15-2015, 03:36 PM
I really hope Melson suprises me ... Love his effort. Would love if he does well. I'm still pessimistic at this time. I'm going to be wrong I hope. Love you Silas! Silence is going to tear it up!!!!!

seacatfan
05-15-2015, 04:00 PM
That top 10 is really underwhelming to me. I don't know who else you would put in the top 10 to replace any of them though. Looking like a fairly watered down year for college hoops.

DixieZag
05-15-2015, 04:17 PM
8th Sounds really close to just abut right. I would like to think I am being objective in thinking we should maybe be up 2-3, at 5-6, given the bigs coming, and the exciting back court.

Certainly more reasonable than last years 12 - given all the talent coming back and the addition of KW, BWes and DS

Coach Crazy
05-15-2015, 05:03 PM
8th Sounds really close to just abut right. I would like to think I am being objective in thinking we should maybe be up 2-3, at 5-6, given the bigs coming, and the exciting back court.

Certainly more reasonable than last years 12 - given all the talent coming back and the addition of KW, BWes and DS

The relative inexperience of the guard rotation is probably what has kept this team out of the Top 5. I don't think believing we should be in the Top 5 is anything close to homerism, though. We're better than Virginia, Iowa State, and Oklahoma.

Reborn
05-15-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm glad that I am not the only one who heard he has potential to play in the NBA. I hope he proves us right this season. That would be so cool. And I think he can. If he can then we'll be heading for the final 4 imo.

sittingon50
05-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Instead of starting another thread, here's a look at the funnest teams to watch next year:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2463546-predicting-the-most-fun-teams-to-watch-in-the-2015-16-college-basketball-season/page/16

Coach Crazy
05-15-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm glad that I am not the only one who heard he has potential to play in the NBA. I hope he proves us right this season. That would be so cool. And I think he can. If he can then we'll be heading for the final 4 imo.

If he plays like a draft pick this year, they'll win the whole thing. To go from being an end of the bench, "had to burn the RS" type, to creating enough hype to get drafted this year would require some crazy production. If that is genuinely in store for this team...dang, it will make last year look like a warm up season. Now, if they are talking about this being a year of progress toward getting drafted at some point, in the future? Then I agree, definitely at least an EE, and possibly a FF.