PDA

View Full Version : OT: On Analytics, Scheduling, and Michigan St.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
05-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Wonder if we have anything like this behind the scenes.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/05/a_numbers_whiz_and_algorithm_a.html

amaronizag
05-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Wonder if we have anything like this behind the scenes.

Jerry Krause was our analytics guy. He will be greatly missed at GU men's basketball!!!!!!!!!!

MDABE80
05-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Whether it was his "contraptions" or his wisdom or his grading system or ....just HIM, I don't think we will know how much Dr Krause did and did it quietly in the background. Amazing man.

Meanwhile, what an interesting article. Thanks for posting./. As an aside, to the right column of the article is MSU, schedule. TOugher than we'll ever see. The one complaint this past year and basically why we didn't get a no 1 seed was the schedule and that silly BYU loss at the end.. When I look at MSU's schedule, I sorta see why.

gonzagafan62
05-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Whether it was his "contraptions" or his wisdom or his grading system or ....just HIM, I don't think we will know how much Dr Krause did and did it quietly in the background. Amazing man.

Meanwhile, what an interesting article. Thanks for posting./. As an aside, to the right column of the article is MSU, schedule. TOugher than we'll ever see. The one complaint this past year and basically why we didn't get a no 1 seed was the schedule and that silly BYU loss at the end.. When I look at MSU's schedule, I sorta see why.

Yeah the first five was the NCAA Tournament. I would expect a team as a 7 seed to see a tougher 5 than us if they are going to the Final Four LOL!