PDA

View Full Version : OT: Stephen Curry is NBA MVP

scrooner
05-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Thinking back to 2008, when the Zags were 'upset' by Davidson in the 1st round 7/10 matchup, played 2 hours away from the Davidson campus. Curry had 40 points in that game, including 30 in the 2nd half. He hit 8 of 10 from 3 pt range.

Davidson went on to knock off #2 Georgetown, #3 Wisconsin (by 17 points), and then finally lose to #1 Kansas by 2. Kansas went on to crush UNC by 18 and then beat Memphis to win the tournament.

So, YEAH, that was a tough draw :D

zag944
05-04-2015, 07:35 AM
He's been about the most exciting player to watch in the NBA since Jordan. Some of those shots he was making in that series against the Pelicans were just plain nasty.

gonzagafan62
05-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Thinking back to 2008, when the Zags were 'upset' by Davidson in the 1st round 7/10 matchup, played 2 hours away from the Davidson campus. Curry had 40 points in that game, including 30 in the 2nd half. He hit 8 of 10 from 3 pt range.

Davidson went on to knock off #2 Georgetown, #3 Wisconsin (by 17 points), and then finally lose to #1 Kansas by 2. Kansas went on to crush UNC by 18 and then beat Memphis to win the tournament.

So, YEAH, that was a tough draw :D

I was a senior in high school. I remember all my friends (Kansas, Dook, UNC Fans) clamoring about the possible Elite Eight matchups and who they were most concerned about (before the tournament) and I stated that we would probably be in the 6-9 range and I didn't wanna face Davidson. I hoped and prayed all week. It didn't work. When the brackets came out, I knew we were in trouble, but I did have confidence that the winner of the game would go on to the Elite Eight. I don't know why but I was fairly certain. I sharpied in the winner of the game to the Elite Eight. My teacher finally made me pick one of the teams, and I of course ended up picking Gonzaga.

Boy, I am sure glad we had spring break that year during the tournament. I was so depressed after that loss.

seacatfan
05-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Congrats to Steph. Glad to see someone other than Lebron win it. Well deserved.

CDC84
05-04-2015, 11:01 AM
My co-MVP is Davidson coach Bob McKillop who saw Steph's potential when others didn't, and who did an incredible job of developing him as a player. As he does with all his players. Bob continues to be one of the finest coaches we have in this country.

ProjectMKUltra5
05-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Steph makes me lol more then any other player. All you can do is just laugh at some of the stuff that kid pulls off

JPtheBeasta
05-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Steph makes me lol more then any other player. All you can do is just laugh at some of the stuff that kid pulls off

+1

I was so completely wrong on him and thought he would have a J.J Reddick type career in the NBA. I thought it odd at the time when he was drafted by Golden State and playing along side Monta Ellis, I thought he was more of an accurate shooting guard with a quick release, but was too small, un-athletic, and lacking in physicality to be that successful in the NBA. But now... wow. Some of his highlights are just incredible, and he's a winner.

siliconzag
05-05-2015, 06:08 AM
Besides being hella good, he is nice. What a wonderful tribute to his father in his acceptance speech, and also kudos to the other slash brother and Zag Killer, Klay Thompson. I never had the bitterness towards Davidson that I did towards UCLA, Wyoming or Nevada, and I think it is because when good guys get beat by even better good guys, you gotta tip your hat. He is a class act and everyone down here is talking about him.

DixieZag
05-05-2015, 07:28 AM
I know almost nothing about the NBA (or anything else).

But, here's what I know.

Miami was awesome a year ago.

Cleveland sucked not just two years ago.

They got a new guy, and another guy who Kelly unfortunately broke into two, but it was one main new guy.

But, if I had to pick the "Most Valuable Player" to have on a team, any name besides Lebron James is nothing more than little league trying to spread the trophies around.

Just the same as when for about 12 years any name not Michael Jordan.

Lebron is the MVP.

gonzagafan62
05-05-2015, 07:29 AM
I know almost nothing about the NBA (or anything else).

But, here's what I know.

Miami was awesome a year ago.

Cleveland sucked not just two years ago.

They got a new guy, and another guy who Kelly unfortunately broke into two, but it was one main new guy.

But, if I had to pick the "Most Valuable Player" to have on a team, any name besides Lebron James is nothing more than little league trying to spread the trophies around.Just the same as when for about 12 years any name not Michael Jordan.

Lebron is the MVP.

Bingo.

seacatfan
05-05-2015, 11:23 AM
When you look at Cleveland's improvement, you have to consider Love's impact as well as Lebron's. And Irving is a young guy that just keeps getting better. In Miami Lebron had Wade and Bosh helping him out. What other superstars does Golden State have? Klay and...hard to say there is another guy of that caliber. The Eastern Conference has a few good teams but every year has teams get in the playoffs with losing records. The Western Conference was totally stacked again, but Golden State had the best record in the League, playing more of their games against better teams than Cleveland did. I'm really not seeing how Curry doesn't totally deserve the award. And James not only didn't win it, he finished a VERY distant third, Harden was next in line. I don't think the sportswriters that actually follow the NBA and do the MVP voting are part of a conspiracy theory. If anything there would probably be an eastern bias, but the top two vote getters were from Western Conference teams. Maybe that's because they were the best players?