PDA

View Full Version : With Billy Donovan Leaving Florida ...

SLOZag
04-30-2015, 03:42 PM
Any chance we could pick up some major talent from across the country as a Florida transfer? Seems that with his friendship with Coach Few, Donovan might be willing to talk directly to Few about someone in whom GU had an interest.

Thoughts?

jazzdelmar
04-30-2015, 04:36 PM
Any chance we could pick up some major talent from across the country as a Florida transfer? Seems that with his friendship with Coach Few, Donovan might be willing to talk directly to Few about someone in whom GU had an interest.

Thoughts?

Billy's cupboard has been bare last few years, or compromised by bad behavior, so there's no talent there. One reason Billy has bolted for greener pastures.

Coach Crazy
04-30-2015, 05:45 PM
Billy's cupboard has been bare last few years, or compromised by bad behavior, so there's no talent there. One reason Billy has bolted for greener pastures.

I'd definitely take any combination of Devin Robinson, KeVaughn Allen, and John Egbunu in a heartbeat, though.

jazzdelmar
04-30-2015, 05:53 PM
I'd definitely take any combination of Devin Robinson, KeVaughn Allen, and John Egbunu in a heartbeat, though.

The Robinson who shot 40% and 25% and avg 6 ppg last year, that Robinson? Egbunu sat out and KeVaughn is a newbie. Who would they supplant?

Zagdawg
04-30-2015, 06:48 PM
Florida has qty 5 top 100 recruits signed (qty 4 in 2015 and qty 1 in 2016).

Coach Crazy
04-30-2015, 06:51 PM
The Robinson who shot 40% and 25% and avg 6 ppg last year, that Robinson? Egbunu sat out and KeVaughn is a newbie. Who would they supplant?

He's got too much athleticism and talent. As a coach, I would take a flyer on him if he became available. KeVaughn Allen is an LOI, but goodness he has strength, athleticism, explosiveness, and a great motor. You can really expand your defensive ball pressure with a kid like that. He adds that that dribble-drive aspect that they didn't have last year (I realize Josh also adds that), and can also play off the ball.

That was all very hypothetical, though. At this point, I think the best fit for this program would be at least NGW. I hope he realizes that this program has a real "develop your draft stock" aspect to it. UNLV and Ohio State also have 4 in the League, but Gonzaga is likely to have 3 more next season.

gonzagafan62
04-30-2015, 09:04 PM

Didn't they just go to the final four last year, and easily had the best team in the nation before getting ousted by a lucky uconn team???? I'm not buying that at all. He's had talent. This year was rough sure but don't most teams besides gonzaga and duke have an off year? Come on jazz. Let's not only focus on last year here.

jazzdelmar
05-01-2015, 03:59 AM
The question was commodities for GU. Hence my comment not much. Billy's a great coach who always had five stars. But not as many lately imo.

gonzagafan62
05-01-2015, 05:56 AM
The question was commodities for GU. Hence my comment not much. Billy's a great coach who always had five stars. But not as many lately imo.

Ah I gotcha. My bad jazz. Carry on.

Zagdawg
05-01-2015, 10:35 AM
4 top 100 guys signed to come in next year (1 in 2016) and available to go elsewhere (and 3 more that just got there this year as freshman) --I would not call that bare by any means (if we had 7-8 top 100 guys in 2 recruiting classes --and qty 10 in 3 --that would be wonderful).

Don't buy the lack of talent excuse for bolting to the NBA as he has been looking at the option for a number of years.

JPtheBeasta
05-01-2015, 04:15 PM
With Billy Donovan leaving... who are the top 5 candidates now for the best hair in college basketball?

DixieZag
05-01-2015, 05:54 PM
With Billy Donovan leaving... who are the top 5 candidates now for the best hair in college basketball?

I am the consummate thread wrecker, but you know that Pitino has to be in there somewhere.

JPtheBeasta
05-01-2015, 07:19 PM
I am the consummate thread wrecker, but you know that Pitino has to be in there somewhere.

We can unwreck this thread and go with Pitino as the winner (sorry Steve Lavin).