• Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Big Weekend Upcoming

Williams-Goss and Williams III on official visits:

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 3m3 minutes ago
    Pretty significant recruiting weekend ahead for Mark Few. Gonzaga will host both Nigel Williams-Goss and Missouri's Jonathan Williams III.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • robertperryhere
    Redshirt
    • Apr 2015

It will be a good weekend for them both to visit. The weather in Spokane looks to be really nice, so that will definitely go in Gonzaga's favor.

Comment

• ProjectMKUltra5
      Banned
      • Oct 2014

Hopefully we can get NWG on campus before he commits, rumors are he's down to UNLV and Providence with UNLV being favored.

Personally I think our odds are better with Williams as he fits a bigger need in the coming years. He can be a really dynamic player, almost fill an Austin Daye kind of role. Think he'd be a big help.

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Nab both.

I'm greedy.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
          Nab both.

I'm greedy.
          Me too. But NWG is not likely landing here. If Providence and UNLV are really on his list, then it seems to me that he must be looking for something else other than a chance to get a lot of wins. P.S. hope I am plain wrong.
          "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• MTZag03
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
            Me too. But NWG is not likely landing here. If Providence and UNLV are really on his list, then it seems to me that he must be looking for something else other than a chance to get a lot of wins. P.S. hope I am plain wrong.
            Just my thought, but why would a guy come to campus if he's not interested?

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
              Bleeds Bulldog Blue
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MTZag03 View Post
              To get away from UW?
              You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• cjm720
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MTZag03 View Post
                A free vacation!
                Go Zags!!!

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

C'mon....NWG comes here because we win. We are an Elite 8 team . We are always ranked. #6 this year. #2 seed. Lots of TV...and lots of great OOC............but then there's the conference...........

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Plus he would get to go to Atlantis and watch his new team beat his old team.

Comment

• DZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
                      A free vacation!
                      You better believe I'd take all five visits.

I'd have my top choice (or one I've decided upon)

And then I suspect I'd visit University of Hawaii, Miami, Pepperdine, and San Francisco state.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                        You better believe I'd take all five visits.

I'd have my top choice (or one I've decided upon)

And then I suspect I'd visit University of Hawaii, Miami, Pepperdine, and San Francisco state.

Not SD?

Comment

• Bogozags
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                          Not SD?
                          USD or SDSU would have to be in the mix...SDiego has the best weather...cool but not cold, warm but not hot and then there is Del Mar...I could see Pepperdine and UH but Miami is too humid...IMO...still, GU is a really good stopping point...ask BWes

Comment

• ZagaZags
                            Banned
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                            Plus he would get to go to Atlantis and watch his new team beat his old team.
                            I could totally see UW being the opening game for GU.

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                              Not SD?
                              I thought about putting that in. Of course, I might consider it personally b/c I could see you.

But, it seems that everyone that visits SDSU ends up going there (at least our potential recruits do), and obviously I didn't want to bring up bad memories here.
                              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X