PDA

View Full Version : The Legacy of "The General"

SLOZag
04-26-2015, 05:12 AM
Just a reminder of what we were blessed with these last four years:

http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/to-the-rescue/article_d4d04e89-54a6-5689-9c6e-f0523c69402b.html

bartruff1
04-26-2015, 05:52 AM
One in a million...will be sorely missed...

gonzagafan62
04-26-2015, 08:19 AM
The best player that can through here that absolutely improved other players more than he improved himself. So I guess what I'm saying is the best leader we've had. We've had errrr shooters, better vocal leaders, better defenders but I don't think we've had a better leader. Thank you pangos

DixieZag
04-26-2015, 08:58 AM
I could only read the first page. The web-site shut down my browser twice and then left the article blank on the last two pages - the ads were perfect.

The first page was wonderful.

I hope others have better luck.

Zagcity
04-26-2015, 09:00 AM
I could only read the first page. The web-site shut down my browser twice and then left the article blank on the last two pages - the ads were perfect.

It took a couple of attempts but I got it to work :)

spike_jr
04-26-2015, 09:39 AM

Dixie - I had the same problem if I clicked on "2" to go to the second page. It seemed to work when I clicked on the arrow to advance the story one page. I hope you can read all of it as it is a great read.

jim77
04-26-2015, 10:56 AM
Great PG's adjust their game to make everybody else's game better....that's what team players do. He did it so well that he will go down as the winningest GU PG of ALL time. (so far) I wish him the best....the NBA could use a guy like Kevin. I'd LOVE to see him back after his PRO career is over to coach GU PG's...GREAT PLAYER :)

TheZagPhish
04-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Print version (http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/to-the-rescue/article_d4d04e89-54a6-5689-9c6e-f0523c69402b.html?mode=print) for those with browser issues; hopefully it's a little easier.

Mantua
04-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Print version (http://www.eagletribune.com/sports/to-the-rescue/article_d4d04e89-54a6-5689-9c6e-f0523c69402b.html?mode=print) for those with browser issues; hopefully it's a little easier.

Thank you, Phish. Kevin truly embodies our hopes for what a Zag should be in every way.

Reborn
04-26-2015, 05:45 PM
I guess I was lucky. I got through the whole article (3 pages) if you are lucky like me make sure you bring some tissue because by the end you'll be teary eyed. A great story about a failing father who loved Gonzaga basketball and in particular Kevin Pangos. And I keep hearing voices who insist that athletics is a waste of time. I just hope that many, many people get to read this article. It shows clearly what a great athlete like Kevin does for one very, very cool senior man in the hospital, who's in so much pain, finds the best pain reliever is Gonzaga basketball and Kevin Pangos. Really cool article. Go back and read it all if you missed part of it.

cdools
04-26-2015, 07:56 PM
This story captures Kevin so well. Cliche but Kevin is a great player and a better person. I've known Kevin since he was born and there are lots of stories about how good a player and leader he has always been. He brought that all together in his Zags years, and Zag Nation is better for it. An idea percolated in me when Kevin was in Grade 11 that I wanted to write a book about Kevin as I saw him as an "Outlier" who would do great things wherever he went. The book is called " Can't Miss" and Zag Nation will be front and centre. Search out Zag for Life in my past postings to see what I am saying about this fine young man that so many people have come to know and love, his impact on Gonzaga and Gonzaga's impact on him.