• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roxdoc
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Pargo

Whats the latest on Pargo? Nobody seems to be saying much about him or his summer activities etc. Mostly we have periodically heard how doomed we are if he get hurt, or that he could be a candidate to go pro. Any news?
  • J-Lo
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

I'd never want the guy to get hurt, and he's a great player, but who said we're doomed if he gets injured?

Comment

• Rubbadub
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

We wouldn't be doomed, but my extremely high opinion of where we'll be at the end of the season will go down a few notches.
      sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• Zags-Bsee
        Kennel Club Material
        • Jul 2007

most notice about Jeremy

Remembering Jeremy going 98 miles per hour to the hoop and just missing most layups his Freshman year followed up by a Sophmore year of finishing most of those same plays, brings up a question in my mind.

In his Junior year, what will will we most notice about Jeremy.

1. leadership
        2. assists
        3. improved outside shooting
        4. mind blowing dunks
        5. fast breaks
        6. drives to the basket

Last year was fun watching, but this year I think he will dominate more in all of these categories, pretty equally in my opinion.

Looking at the list and not being able to decide I am going to add a number 7 option that I choose.

7. dominate games

I think we will see Jeremy use all 6 abilities above to crush opposing teams as the biggest change this year. More games like Stanford.

Pargo scored 11 of his career-high 23 points in the second overtime and also had seven rebounds, three assists and three steals, lifting the Zags to a thrilling 90-86 victory over Stanford (unranked ESPN/USA Today, No. 23 AP) on Wednesday night.
        Zags - Best sports event ever
        Character - Small Community - and Zags do BB right.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Re:

If I could only pick one player to be remain injury free this season, it would be Pargo. They just don't have a replacement for him. They don't really have a replacement for Bouldin either, but if he gets injured, the staff has more room to maneuver.

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

This thread provoked me to go back and look at this YouTube video of Pargo's dominating performance in the Stanford game.

How many days now until we see this kid on the court again?

Comment

• zzzjag
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

Pargo = Dwayne Wade?

Watching the performance Pargo put on Standford and almost single handedly took over the game reminded me of Dwayne Wade in the NBA finals vs the Mavericks.

I don't know the extent of his injury later in the WCC tourney or NCAAs vs Indiana but I suspect that he wasn't 100%. He showed pure heart those games as well.

I only hope he sticks around for a senior season from a selfish standpoint. My hope is that he is helping cut down the nets at the next final four and then i would be okay with him moving to the next level.

Comment

• BobZag
                Dark Lord of the Zag
                • Jan 2007

Imo, Jeremy really should stay through his senior year. He has improved his body, and his game is better, but not yet to the level of the NBA. That's my observations.
                The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• cggonzaga
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

The NBA isn't about being ready Bob. If he stays another year his draft stock goes down. When's the last time a senior went in the top 5 of the draft? Not saying he'll ever go that high but I think you get the point. I'm sorry to say it but I'm all about these guys making their money when they can.

Comment

• Zags-Bsee
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Jul 2007

Jeremy Vs. UNC Highlights

Whats the latest on Pargo? Better then this!

JEREMY VS. UNC HIGHLIGHTS

Pargo to the rim...
                    Zags - Best sports event ever
                    Character - Small Community - and Zags do BB right.

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

It's about timing

The NBA isn't about being ready Bob. If he stays another year his draft stock goes down. When's the last time a senior went in the top 5 of the draft? Not saying he'll ever go that high but I think you get the point. I'm sorry to say it but I'm all about these guys making their money when they can.
                      Pargo is not going to be picked ahead of Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon and several other super talented guards who will be in the 2008 draft. It doesn't matter how good he is this season. Those players, in the eyes of NBA scouts, have way more upside than Jeremy. The 2008 draft is going to be one of the most guard rich drafts in recent history.

Contrast this to 2009:

Big difference. For one thing, the 2008 recruiting class is poor. Not only is it a better draft for guards, but Pargo will be a better player by then. More importantly, even if Josh bails after this season, Gonzaga will still likely have its best team ever in 08/09 if Pargo returns. He would be on most people's preseason AA team, etc. It's that kind of attention that is going to boost his stock.

I think Pargo has serious financial incentives for staying. It's the same reason why Rodney Stuckey left for the 2007 draft....to avoid the loaded 2008 draft. It's not just about your own stock, but the stock of the players around you. Having the same stock level means different things from one draft to the next.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Point taken but what happens when Pargo blows up this year and gets national attention, maybe AA votes? Also, what if the three freshman you mentioned don't shine this year and decide not to come out? You have to go when your stock is the highest and I feel like that will be this year. He will have accomplished great success during his college years, getting better every year, and will still have tremendous upside going into the pros. If he stays another year and doesn't progress as much than what?

Comment

• lothar98zag
                          PostPadder General
                          • Feb 2007

Don't know how this affects things, but his brother is already making NBA $, so his family isn't hurting for cash.
                          youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• FuManShoes
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Anyone have a link to Pargo's dunk vs. Memphis?

In fact, there may have been two monster jams by him that game.

cheers
                            “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• tyra
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Area where I hope Jeremy makes most progress

The "big leap" I hope Jeremy makes this year is making everyone around him better. That quality is a combination of many assets some of which are intangible. I don't have any worries about his heart or his dramatic and uplifting finishes. I'd be more excited to see him be the guy that does whatever it takes that night to propel those around him.

Comment

Working...
                              X