PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Brodziansky

zagsfanforlife
04-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but Jerry Meyer is reporting that we have offered 6'10 jc big man Vladimir Broziansky. Looks skilled, but definitely on the light side. Could use a redshirt year for sure. Averaged 15 and 9 rebounds for Pratt CC. 78 Ft shooter and 36 from 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBiqqqHxyyY

robertperryhere
04-20-2015, 06:15 PM
I played with the Bulldog Band this weekend for GEL Weekend and saw him walking with assistant coach Donny Daniels when I was helping put instruments away in the storage area of the MAC. I was not sure who it was when I saw him on Saturday. He seemed very slim in person.

MDABE80
04-20-2015, 06:20 PM
robert......will be going NBA and leave us??? lolololol Just jabbin ya.

Reborn
04-20-2015, 06:28 PM
I just watched the video. This kid can shoot. He has one of the better jump shots I've seen for a 4. Better than Kyle's. I am just talking about the mechanics of his shot. First of all he shoots a fall away jumper which is excellent for a player his size. Kyle needs to be set. He's more of a set shooter. He has very good ball handling skills too, and knows how to play the post positions, both high and low like Kyle does. They could be grooming him to be Kyle's replacement. I would expect him to redshirt though. He's just too light, I think. I have not been a huge supporter of Few trying to recruit CC players. They just don't seem to fit in at Gonzaga. This could be an exception though. Who knows?

robertperryhere
04-20-2015, 06:30 PM
@MDABE80 That is what I thought one of my trusted sources told me at first. I went back to them and later found out there was some miscommunication. They thought Wiltjer was leaving for sure. The problem was that I could not verify what my source said with other sources. I thought I could trust them since they never let me down before. I mean, they told me Karnowski was staying a week ago. I quickly learned that I need to do some fact-checking and have multiple sources tell me something before I go with it. With all of the feedback I got, I hope to learn from this mistake. I sincerely apologize for not using appropriate journalistic methods before I broke the initial tweet about Wiltjer. I led people in the wrong direction, and it is something I still regret. I am sorry it caused such a commotion.

Birddog
04-20-2015, 06:47 PM
Alright! Vlad The Impaler!

gonzagafan62
04-20-2015, 06:58 PM
Definitely can find the hoop. Has some pass skills. I would welcome him to the team and root my butt off for him... But I'm not that excited about his game. I think I'm still spoiled from last year though.

zagsfanforlife
04-20-2015, 07:07 PM
I might be with you. After an elite 8 run i just expect us to get guys i watch on film and go "damn, he's good". I watch this guy and I go "looks solid in a couple years".

ZagsObserver
04-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Very surprised by this offer...

Bogozags
04-21-2015, 04:30 AM
Very surprised by this offer...

Yes, me too!

ZAGAZAGS - could this possibly impact Nolan Narian consideration of GU?

Sarenyon
04-21-2015, 04:36 AM
I'm not too surprised. Will be a great RS candidate and potential role player that can fill minutes and fouls / occasionally step up in a game here or there. All the players cannot be 2nd Team All WCC caliber players or better.

jazzdelmar
04-21-2015, 04:38 AM
After next year there will be a sudden dearth in bigs, particularly if DS bolts; yes, I know, I know. There will be Collins and Eddie, both of whom will be neophytes with respect to starting in a top D1 program. So maybe this is insurance, as it is only a two year deal, dunno. Likewise, should Narain come he will be a newbie. Covering bases, I suggest. Like just said, we need water carriers too.

Birddog
04-21-2015, 04:51 AM
After next year there will be a sudden dearth in bigs, particularly if DS bolts; yes, I know, I know. There will be Collins and Eddie, both of whom will be neophytes with respect to starting in a top D1 program. So maybe this is insurance, as it is only a two year deal, dunno. Likewise, should Narain come he will be a newbie. Covering bases, I suggest. Like just said, we need water carriers too.

Three year, he's a freshman in JUCO.

RainierZag
04-21-2015, 06:33 AM
I might be with you. After an elite 8 run i just expect us to get guys i watch on film and go "damn, he's good". I watch this guy and I go "looks solid in a couple years".

All 13 guys won't be 4 or 5 star prospects ... but each should fill a role on the "team"

hondo
04-21-2015, 07:14 AM
Alright! Vlad The Impaler!
Steve Blaser type elbows would make him an impaler.

hooter73
04-21-2015, 07:39 AM
Hes long and likes the face up shots. Good foot work too. JC and CC guys that are tall are kind of like euro players in that they develop both center skills and forward skills because they have to and because they can. Lots of freedom in style of play and not many real centers around. He'd be a great prospect to come in, read shirt to bulk up and practice up and then he and Collins can spell each other for minutes.

23zagmd
04-21-2015, 07:45 AM
This is just my two cents! I just don't see this program changing the way that we recruit, period. Two reasons: 1. what they are doing Works. They will continue to bring in guys that they can develop and keep them for 4 years. This is what the entire program is built on. I love reading this board and getting tidbits of information about recruiting, player progress and some of your insights. What drives me absolutely bonkers is all the "he's going to the NBA, he's #18 on DE, blah, blah, blah.

Let's get the elephant out of the closet......we may have a kid, here and there, that makes it in the NBA and has a long successful career......we do not bring kids to the program that are NBA ready, stars in the making and I don't think that will ever change under this coaching trees tenure! Some of you will say, look at Shem...look at KW.... they are going to the League! I say Maybe....but I'm more willing to bet that both of them end up in Europe making a ton of money given the skill sets that they have. Inevitably, DS is going to be mentioned......again, Maybe. Didn't we all hear the same chatter about Shem when he was a Freshmen??? This whole fascination with GU guys being in the NBA does not define success for the program.

2. A tie in to my point above but going to the E8 this year and maybe even next year, if we are fortunate again to have another shot at the FF, is not going to shift the perception of the Top 50 recruits away from UK, KU, Ariz, etc. and to Gonzaga. Again, we May get a top 50 recruit here and there. We are not going to EVER have a roster full of McD AA. People, look at how far this program has come!!!! I still get people asking me where GoneZaga is? or "Why are you a Georgia or Georgetown fan"? comments. The Inland Empire isn't the end of the earth for elite college prospects.....but you can see it from there.

All of this is fine by me and I'm just enjoying the ride.....and when we make a FF and I'm sitting courtside, I will be 100% satisfied and know that I can die in peace.

btw, we are going to be better next year than we were this year......book it!

LongIslandZagFan
04-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Fundamentals look good... needs a RS to bulk up perhaps. But a lot of good things there too.

CDC84
04-21-2015, 08:13 AM
An October 2014 evaluation from Rivals:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....sp?CID=1694818

Probably the most skilled post player to take the floor on Sunday was Pratt Community College's freshman big man Vladimir Brodziansky. He is thin, but at 6-foot-10 he has great touch, good range on his shot and a nice assortment of scoring moves around the post thanks to good footwork. The native of Slovakia is a qualifier who could head off to a Division One program next year with three years of eligibility. Based on what Rivals.com saw on Sunday, he is good enough to warrant attention from high majors

gueastcoast
04-21-2015, 08:15 AM
I have not been a huge supporter of Few trying to recruit CC players. They just don't seem to fit in at Gonzaga.

Perhaps as a rule 'Born, but I thought Batista did all right - I guess it really depends on the kid.

GoZags
04-21-2015, 08:23 AM
Perhaps as a rule 'Born, but I thought Batista did all right - I guess it really depends on the kid.

Whatever happened to that Alex Hernandez guy? Oh ... that's right .... he sits at the end of the bench and is still a contributing member of the family 15 years after arriving as a JC kid. Kuso was huge for Gonzaga.

There was a German kid (or two) that didn't work out, but I'm still grateful that Gonzaga had Elias Harris for 4 years.

hondo
04-21-2015, 08:43 AM
Another good one was Anthony Reason. And Tony Skinner helped out a ton. How about Bakari Hendrix? Jeramy Eaton. I had breakfast yesterday with one of my most favorite Zags---- JC. Transfer Doug Griffen. The list goes on. Not all were all conferences player but they all played important roles in getting us to where we are.

Mr Vulture
04-21-2015, 09:00 AM
I don't see the surprise in this offer. This is a kid that was a full qualifier out of HS so he could come in and redshirt next season and still have three years of eligibility. Let him work with Travis Knight to improve his strength and athleticism and he could be a solid player for us after the big guys are gone. He has skills, good footwork, and seems to have a pretty good feel as well. I like this one and hope he comes aboard.

ZagsObserver
04-21-2015, 09:09 AM
I don't see the surprise in this offer. This is a kid that was a full qualifier out of HS so he could come in and redshirt next season and still have three years of eligibility. Let him work with Travis Knight to improve his strength and athleticism and he could be a solid player for us after the big guys are gone. He has skills, good footwork, and seems to have a pretty good feel as well. I like this one and hope he comes aboard.

The problem is I have trouble seeing him as a four on an elite 8 team, and I don't see him as a three. At this point it's just an offer and as fans we don't know all the various strings that make the GU web of recruiting interesting and (historically) successful.

hooter73
04-21-2015, 09:21 AM
The problem is I have trouble seeing him as a four on an elite 8 team, and I don't see him as a three. At this point it's just an offer and as fans we don't know all the various strings that make the GU web of recruiting interesting and (historically) successful.

He doesnt have to be a 38 minute per game star.

TEAM

gonzagafan62
04-21-2015, 09:39 AM
This is just my two cents! I just don't see this program changing the way that we recruit, period. Two reasons: 1. what they are doing Works. They will continue to bring in guys that they can develop and keep them for 4 years. This is what the entire program is built on. I love reading this board and getting tidbits of information about recruiting, player progress and some of your insights. What drives me absolutely bonkers is all the "he's going to the NBA, he's #18 on DE, blah, blah, blah.

Let's get the elephant out of the closet......we may have a kid, here and there, that makes it in the NBA and has a long successful career......we do not bring kids to the program that are NBA ready, stars in the making and I don't think that will ever change under this coaching trees tenure! Some of you will say, look at Shem...look at KW.... they are going to the League! I say Maybe....but I'm more willing to bet that both of them end up in Europe making a ton of money given the skill sets that they have. Inevitably, DS is going to be mentioned......again, Maybe. Didn't we all hear the same chatter about Shem when he was a Freshmen??? This whole fascination with GU guys being in the NBA does not define success for the program.

2. A tie in to my point above but going to the E8 this year and maybe even next year, if we are fortunate again to have another shot at the FF, is not going to shift the perception of the Top 50 recruits away from UK, KU, Ariz, etc. and to Gonzaga. Again, we May get a top 50 recruit here and there. We are not going to EVER have a roster full of McD AA. People, look at how far this program has come!!!! I still get people asking me where GoneZaga is? or "Why are you a Georgia or Georgetown fan"? comments. The Inland Empire isn't the end of the earth for elite college prospects.....but you can see it from there.

All of this is fine by me and I'm just enjoying the ride.....and when we make a FF and I'm sitting courtside, I will be 100% satisfied and know that I can die in peace.

btw, we are going to be better next year than we were this year......book it!

I am not really sure what this means, but I have seen Gonzaga evolve and their recruiting has changed so much over just the past 5 years its almost insane. If you don't evolve your recruiting you will sink. We haven't sunk yet.

sittingon50
04-21-2015, 09:54 AM

The Zags would NOT have made their 1st NCAA Tourney in '95 without Tacoma CC transfer John Rillie.

Coach Crazy
04-21-2015, 10:46 AM
First impression of this kid? Not thrilled that he has already played a season at the CC level, but he's still young, so not a huge problem. Definitely needs some work on his mechanics, a bit gangly and awkward. Also, he didn't always use the right finishing move, but seemed to get away with it because of the competition.

I liked the fact that he actually went to the rim and threw it down, but he still seemed a bit finessed on his dunks. Would like to see a bit more forcefulness. All in all, you really can't worry too much about players that are underweight or overweight. That's why this program has Travis Knight. Helping players physically development and gain some comfort, in terms of coordination and technical ability, is not easy...but one of the great things this program offers that many don't.

Can shoot, high post, low post, has a nice touch around the rim, and even drove a little. I like his post-to-fade away move. A bit Nowitzki-esque. If the program is offering this kid, I trust it. Granted, we have 4 schollies, but still. We are beyond bringing in clunkers. I wonder if this is RS-type of project, or a trial-by-fire kind of situation?

Billfish'80
04-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Is it just me, or does it appear that the video is from his HS years in Slovakia? I think he's at least a year older and has had a year of strengthening against JC players since then. I liked his propensity to get to the rim and throw it down, & he has a nice fall-away jumper. Reminded me of a young Micah Downs. I'd take one of those.

Angelo Roncalli
04-21-2015, 11:04 AM
The Zags would NOT have made their 1st NCAA Tourney in '95 without Tacoma CC transfer John Rillie.

Stew Morrill
Bill Dunlap (Hon. Mention All-American)
Lorenzo Rollins
Kyle Dixon
Abdullahi Kuso

All pretty good players who came the JC route.

Marcus
04-21-2015, 11:13 AM
First impression of this kid? Not thrilled that he has already played a season at the CC level, but he's still young, so not a huge problem. Definitely needs some work on his mechanics, a bit gangly and awkward. Also, he didn't always use the right finishing move, but seemed to get away with it because of the competition.

I liked the fact that he actually went to the rim and threw it down, but he still seemed a bit finessed on his dunks. Would like to see a bit more forcefulness. All in all, you really can't worry too much about players that are underweight or overweight. That's why this program has Travis Knight. Helping players physically development and gain some comfort, in terms of coordination and technical ability, is not easy...but one of the great things this program offers that many don't.Can shoot, high post, low post, has a nice touch around the rim, and even drove a little. I like his post-to-fade away move. A bit Nowitzki-esque. If the program is offering this kid, I trust it. Granted, we have 4 schollies, but still. We are beyond bringing in clunkers. I wonder if this is RS-type of project, or a trial-by-fire kind of situation?

Kind of reminds me of Kelly's highschool tapes. Kelly was so extreamly skinny, had some nice skills but was just really the epitome of gangly and awkward when he got to GU. I like his skill set, I am all for a red shirt with
Travis to work on strength and balance.

TexasZagFan
04-21-2015, 11:19 AM
@MDABE80 That is what I thought one of my trusted sources told me at first. I went back to them and later found out there was some miscommunication. They thought Wiltjer was leaving for sure. The problem was that I could not verify what my source said with other sources. I thought I could trust them since they never let me down before. I mean, they told me Karnowski was staying a week ago. I quickly learned that I need to do some fact-checking and have multiple sources tell me something before I go with it. With all of the feedback I got, I hope to learn from this mistake. I sincerely apologize for not using appropriate journalistic methods before I broke the initial tweet about Wiltjer. I led people in the wrong direction, and it is something I still regret. I am sorry it caused such a commotion.

Per Donald Trump, "you're fired!" Lol J/K

Mr Vulture
04-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Why would this be an issue? He still has 4yrs to play 3yrs. That's more than you are going to get from a Senior transfer or JC/Undergrad transfer is most cases.

I liked the fact that he actually went to the rim and threw it down, but he still seemed a bit finessed on his dunks. Would like to see a bit more forcefulness. All in all, you really can't worry too much about players that are underweight or overweight. That's why this program has Travis Knight. Helping players physically development and gain some comfort, in terms of coordination and technical ability, is not easy...but one of the great things this program offers that many don't.

Can shoot, high post, low post, has a nice touch around the rim, and even drove a little. I like his post-to-fade away move. A bit Nowitzki-esque. If the program is offering this kid, I trust it. Granted, we have 4 schollies, but still. We are beyond bringing in clunkers. I wonder if this is RS-type of project, or a trial-by-fire kind of situation?

Why can't he just be a guy that contributes solid minutes off the bench..there is value to that. Not every recruit has to become an All American...good lord!

Coach Crazy
04-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Kind of reminds me of Kelly's highschool tapes. Kelly was so extreamly skinny, had some nice skills but was just really the epitome of gangly and awkward when he got to GU. I like his skill set, I am all for a red shirt with
Travis to work on strength and balance.

Obviously, this is just one video, and you can't really do much more than evaluate within the context of the video. I wish there was more tape, but he was at a CC that probably wasn't doing personalized highlight reels. Also, they have to continue building and maintaining that European pipeline. Nolan Narain isn't a sure thing, but we were in the mix early enough that an Edwards/Collins/Narain front is a strong possibility, at this point. Brodziansky is a very well-mitigated risk in that scenario.

Zagdawg
04-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Looked for some stats---2013-2014 played in the U-20 B European Championships for Slovakia in 8 games averaged 20 mins 11.5 pts and 5.4 boards --shot 75% from the line and 60% from the floor
2012-2013 Euro Qualifier 8 games 35 mins averaged 13 points and 11.5 boards with 3 blocks

cjm720
04-21-2015, 12:41 PM
Looked for some stats---2013-2014 played in the U-20 B European Championships for Slovakia in 8 games averaged 20 mins 11.5 pts and 5.4 boards --shot 75% from the line and 60% from the floor
2012-2013 Euro Qualifier 8 games 35 mins averaged 13 points and 11.5 boards with 3 blocks

I wonder if he was just under the radar or if he had bad grades or some other academic qualification issue, thus CC?

Can't have too many bigs...

Angelo Roncalli
04-21-2015, 12:56 PM
I wonder if he was just under the radar or if he had bad grades or some other academic qualification issue, thus CC?

Can't have too many bigs...

My guess, and it's just a guess (but premised on the fact he is now listed as a qualifier), is that the NCAA clearinghouse did not give approval to his academics in time for him to begin a school year on scholarship at a D1 school, hence the JC route.

thespywhozaggedme
04-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Is it just me, or does it appear that the video is from his HS years in Slovakia? I think he's at least a year older and has had a year of strengthening against JC players since then. I liked his propensity to get to the rim and throw it down, & he has a nice fall-away jumper. Reminded me of a young Micah Downs. I'd take one of those.

Canary Islands; it's one of, if not the top international prep basketball academies in the world

Reborn
04-21-2015, 01:16 PM
Don't forget JP Bautista.....

Regarding the kid/player we're talking about. The starting point is that this kid can shoot. Not everyone can, and few can shoot the fall away jumper like he can. Wait until he redshirts a year and see who he becomes.....

JohnOGU
04-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Obviously Kyle Wiltjer is a stud, but I would compare this kid to a poor man's Kyle Wiltjer. That's not a criticism, either. While his shooting probably isn't up to par, at that stage in his career, his back to the basket game is probably better than Kyle's was (at that stage). I don't mind the offer.

scrooner
04-21-2015, 02:01 PM
IRA!

Okay, maybe not the best example, but it was fun to watch him dunk.

Bouldin4Prez
04-21-2015, 02:26 PM
Not sure if anyone else thought of this when they saw the guy but I immediately jumped to Frank Kaminsky. Frank Kaminsky played 7 minutes his freshman year and 10 minutes his sophomore year. His senior year? He wins national player of the year. I'm obviously not saying this guy is going to be a national player of the year but there is value in developmental players. The fact that he can shoot is a plus that many people never learn. Below is Kaminsky in high school, pretty similar frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPTPyGRRbW8

MDABE80
04-21-2015, 03:03 PM
He looks good from the video. Needs some development. He won't be the only one coming our way.

Zippyzaggy
04-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Stew Morrill
Bill Dunlap (Hon. Mention All-American)
Lorenzo Rollins
Kyle Dixon
Abdullahi Kuso

All pretty good players who came the JC route.

Our "list" of successful JC transfers for Gonzaga would not be complete w/out a shout-out to Marquise Carter, who was named WCC newcomer of the year, as well as MVP of the WCC Tourney. He was asked during his last year to sort of back up Bell and Pangos, helping to set them up as the future cornerstone of our back-court, while being asked to take a back seat for himself. He did his job admirably.

Zagdawg
04-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Agree

Martin Centre Mad Man
04-23-2015, 01:47 PM

Or won three games in March Madness '99 without Yakima Valley CC transfer Quentin Hall.

seacatfan
04-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Wasn't Tony Skinner a JC? And Quentin Hall?

It's a broad generalization, but I think with the exponential increase in transfers from 4 year schools, and in particular the fairly recently added phenomena of the 5th year Sr. immediately eligible grad student transfer, recruiting from the JC ranks is nowhere near as big of a part of college bball as it used to be. You can still find some gems though. Gary Payton's kid was a revelation at Oregon St. last year. Delon Wright had 2 very good years at Utah after going the JC route.

seacatfan
04-23-2015, 01:56 PM
He was asked during his last year to sort of back up Bell and Pangos, helping to set them up as the future cornerstone of our back-court, while being asked to take a back seat for himself. He did his job admirably.

That's not quite how I remember it. He was the starter to begin the season but played himself out of the job and wasn't a significant contributor as the season progressed. I don't know what happened, but he wasn't nearly the same player during his Sr. year as he was the last half of his Jr. year.

seacatfan
04-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Not sure if it should even be brought up, but Guy Landry-Edi had a few good games during his Jr. year at GU and seemed to have plenty of potential. His Sr. year...he fell off a cliff. Or into a doghouse.

GoZags
04-23-2015, 02:13 PM
To this day the smoothest Zag guard I've ever seen handling the ball was JC Transfer (and Philadelphia 76er draftee*) Kenny Tyler. KT could play ...

*Kenny was also drafted by the ABA.

ZagsObserver
04-23-2015, 02:30 PM
That's not quite how I remember it. He was the starter to begin the season but played himself out of the job and wasn't a significant contributor as the season progressed. I don't know what happened, but he wasn't nearly the same player during his Sr. year as he was the last half of his Jr. year.

Yep

CDC84
04-23-2015, 03:26 PM
When I hear a name like Vladimir Brodziansky, I can't help but think that the guy is a classical piano master.......

Zagbag
04-23-2015, 03:33 PM
7 footer with a jumper + schollys to fill = no brainer!

DixieZag
04-23-2015, 03:51 PM
When I hear a name like Vladimir Brodziansky, I can't help but think that the guy is a classical piano master.......

Chess.

Ballet.

One of those.

Zippyzaggy
04-23-2015, 05:20 PM

Well, what really happened was this: He was coming off a brand new WCC Conf. Tournament MVP, along with his WCC Newcomer of the Year Award, and his confidence was soaring. He thought his last season was going to be awesome. But...Coach Few and Quise had some discussion about how it would be best for the TEAM if he sort of stepped back and let the young bucks (Bell & Pangos) get going. They were both freshys and it was Quise's last year, it was more important that they get going immediately. So, he wholeheartedly went along w/ the plan.

Of course, this newly minted road he was to travel to help the TEAM, messed with his confidence, timing, and what all. To that end I will certainly agree he did not perform as well as he'd hoped for as his career at GU waned down.

Was it good for the TEAM? Absolutely. Was it good for Quise? Hardly.

ZagsObserver
04-23-2015, 05:27 PM
That's the first time I've heard that take to be honest. what I know is that Carter did not perform as well as the coaches expected he would in a few facets of his game and despite initial patience by the coaches his role was reduced due to poor performance. I'm not sure how that blends with what you are saying

Zippyzaggy
04-23-2015, 05:35 PM
That's the first time I've heard that take to be honest. what I know is that Carter did not perform as well as the coaches expected he would in a few facets of his game and despite initial patience by the coaches his role was reduced due to poor performance. I'm not sure how that blends with what you are saying

It doesn't.

ZagsObserver
04-23-2015, 06:02 PM
Well put it this way, Few could no longer trust Quise. When Few can no longer trust you, you don't play. That's the way it works with Few and that's why his role was reduced. As to whether in a game or two early in the year Few wanted to give the yougins a few extra touches to get them going, I really can't speak to that, but that's not unusual over the course of a season. That's is not, however, why Carter wasn't a focal part of the team that year; it was because he played 3 semesters of underachieving ball. That being said, he did not create issues in the locker room despite the obvious struggles.

Zippyzaggy
04-23-2015, 06:48 PM
Well put it this way, Few could no longer trust Quise. When Few can no longer trust you, you don't play. That's the way it works with Few and that's why his role was reduced. As to whether in a game or two early in the year Few wanted to give the yougins a few extra touches to get them going, I really can't speak to that, but that's not unusual over the course of a season. That's is not, however, why Carter wasn't a focal part of the team that year; it was because he played 3 semesters of underachieving ball. That being said, he did not create issues in the locker room despite the obvious struggles.

Ok.....you win.

Zippyzaggy
04-23-2015, 06:50 PM
Anyways, here's another write-up on the Vladimir Visit- http://www.zagaholic.com/2015/04/vladimir-brodziansky-visits-campus-gets.html

hegotit!
05-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Per Jerry Meyer he picked TCU. Feelings are not too hurt over this news!:clap:

Jerry Meyer retweeted
RHoops247 ‏@RHoopsRecruits 60m60 minutes ago
Per a source, Pratt CC forward Vladimir Brodziansky will commit to TCU. Was considering Rutgers, Gonzaga and Oklahoma State. @TheChopNation

hooter73
05-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Huh. Well oookkkkk.

Mr Vulture
05-11-2015, 07:07 PM
I hate didn't want him posts..just my feeling.

jazzdelmar
05-12-2015, 04:00 AM

V, u talking bout Brod or the Quise? I can go either way. :)

BULLDOG#1
05-12-2015, 07:13 AM

rest assured the coaching staff knows more of this kid than nay-sayers on this board. That said, I do think it's good to have an opinion on any new recruit. I cringed watching every jumpshot from the kid being a fade away -- even though he's a foot taller than most of his opponents...

But... even though this kid looks like a project, Few could and should work wonders with him. Can't coach that size, but you can pretty much coach up any other aspect of his game. GU had the scholly, so i think this is probably a good pickup.

thespywhozaggedme
05-12-2015, 07:20 AM
Think he's talking about the poster hegotit's sour grapes post. I agree, it comess across as petty.
V, u talking bout Brod or the Quise? I can go either way. :)

HenneZag
05-12-2015, 07:21 AM
rest assured the coaching staff knows more of this kid than nay-sayers on this board. That said, I do think it's good to have an opinion on any new recruit. I cringed watching every jumpshot from the kid being a fade away -- even though he's a foot taller than most of his opponents...

But... even though this kid looks like a project, Few could and should work wonders with him. Can't coach that size, but you can pretty much coach up any other aspect of his game. GU had the scholly, so i think this is probably a good pickup.

He committed to TCU.

BULLDOG#1
05-12-2015, 07:34 AM
He committed to TCU.

well, i didn't read that... I'm sure the TCU staff will fix that fade away.

hegotit!
05-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Wow, you guys read way too much into posts, was not my intention at all of sour grapes. I am happy with our team just the way it is with our current players and wish this young man all the best at TCU.

Mr Vulture
05-12-2015, 08:28 AM
My point is that, often times on boards, when a recruit chooses another school you get these "we didn't really want him" type posts. I wasn't necessarily referring to a specific post but more to the broad spectrum we see. Just like when Nolan Narain chose SDSU and we saw a bunch of posts about how he was stupid for not choosing Gonzaga....