PDA

View Full Version : Frank Jackson



B Wayne
04-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Jesse Wade is encouraging Frank to sign up with the Zags. One can always dream.


https://twitter.com/jessewade10/status/589641498360053760
http://www.sltrib.com/home/1827076-155/story.html

DixieZag
04-19-2015, 06:55 PM
Impressive.

If Wade really wants the guy to come (and who wouldn't?), he needs to pick up the phone and really get the pressure on him.

The guy might be the highest ranked recruit we've ever had. Wonder why he punted BYU to the curb?

Who cares.

ProjectMKUltra5
04-19-2015, 07:34 PM
I absolutely LOVE when a player does this. Shows great leadership qualities and it's always a good thing when we can rope in other other high profile players. I dunno what's up with his mission and what kind of contact he can have but hopefully Jesse stays on this kid. Bring alllllllllll your friends up to Spokane Jesse

Zagdawg
04-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Some footage

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=frank+jackson+lone+peak+video&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=45BFF3747959010F068345BFF3747959010F0683

kitzbuel
04-19-2015, 08:32 PM
BYU speculation

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=13981409

ZagsGoZags
04-19-2015, 08:53 PM
Rose must feel bad about losing Jesse, and now another top local talent de commits.
It is nice to see the GU magnetic pull on recruits operating in Utah and west side of WA state to some degree

DixieZag
04-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Some footage

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=frank+jackson+lone+peak+video&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=45BFF3747959010F068345BFF3747959010F0683

So, yeah - ok, he happens to look pretty good, just flying above the rim as a high school kid and all.

DixieZag
04-19-2015, 09:19 PM
BYU speculation

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=13981409

Utah?

Makes some sense.

thespywhozaggedme
04-20-2015, 06:01 AM
Man, looks like a Byron Wesley clone.
Some footage

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=frank+jackson+lone+peak+video&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=45BFF3747959010F068345BFF3747959010F0683

Mr Vulture
04-20-2015, 08:20 AM
Good to see Jesse doing some "recruiting" although the article doesn't even mention Gonzaga.

hegotit!
04-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Exactly what I was thinking Vulture. Me thinks it's a pipe dream although I would love to eat crow if it became reality!

webspinnre
04-20-2015, 08:47 AM
Sure, he probably doesn't come here, but love Jesse's enthusiasm in spreading the good word!

Zagceo
04-20-2015, 09:32 AM
I wonder if Coach Michelson was in Utah recently recruiting Frank?

Per Eric Wade pic on twitter from yesterday

GoZags
04-20-2015, 09:39 AM
I wonder if Coach Michelson was in Utah recently recruiting Frank?

Per Eric Wade pic on twitter from yesterday

We know less than 5 percent of what's going on .... So your scenario has a chance of being in the 95 percent. I DO know that Brian is rapidly becoming known as a tireless and incredibly effective recruiter. Case in point ... Mr Zachary Collins.

webspinnre
04-20-2015, 09:47 AM
Absolutely. Some of us weren't necessarily convinced that hiring from within was the right choice, but looking back on it, it seems to have been a fantastic choice. Brian has been excellent.

DixieZag
04-20-2015, 09:56 AM
We know less than 5 percent of what's going on .... So your scenario has a chance of being in the 95 percent. I DO know that Brian is rapidly becoming known as a tireless and incredibly effective recruiter. Case in point ... Mr Zachary Collins.

Michaelson demonstrated his ability to get great players here by keeping one of the greatest here an extra year. The single biggest reason Rony didn't leave his junior year was he didn't want his roomie - Brian, walking out on senior night alone. I guess he's a good guy to have around.

Happy for him, and us.

Mr Vulture
04-20-2015, 10:27 AM
I'd be happy to have a plate myself...


Exactly what I was thinking Vulture. Me thinks it's a pipe dream although I would love to eat crow if it became reality!

cjm720
04-20-2015, 10:40 AM
Hope we're even in the mix. If not us, hopefully BYU. Kid's got some serious game and the WCC could use as much as possible.

PFzag
04-20-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't see him ditching BYU for us. He is a Utah kid from Lone Peak, so all of his buddies are going to be at BYU. I think the only reason he is re-opening his recruitment is because he has been blowing up and some big boys have started sniffing around (duke for one).

I think the Zags have thrown their hat in the ring to see what might happen. If he doesn't pick BYU, it will be because he chooses a blue-blood program.

DixieZag
04-20-2015, 12:58 PM
it will be because he chooses a blue-blood program.

Exactly. So, lets go get him.

:)

MDABE80
04-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Brian works his a** off, is well liked and the parents seem to love him. I worked with him on some real estate when he was developing . Fair minded, listens well and he's very attentive. Charm galore. We may not get this BYU dropout but if we don't, it'll not be for lack of work. More likely it'll just be because of Louisville or Duke oe Arizona offering.. Seriously what school would you go to for basketball?

If the kid is THAT good,and he studies hard, he'll go high. Love to have him and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Big sset. GO Jesse!!

thespywhozaggedme
04-20-2015, 05:22 PM
We are a blue blood program.
I don't see him ditching BYU for us. He is a Utah kid from Lone Peak, so all of his buddies are going to be at BYU. I think the only reason he is re-opening his recruitment is because he has been blowing up and some big boys have started sniffing around (duke for one).

I think the Zags have thrown their hat in the ring to see what might happen. If he doesn't pick BYU, it will be because he chooses a blue-blood program.

seacatfan
04-20-2015, 07:41 PM
This is tangential and just speculative, but this thread has me curious. I would guess BYU might've had a recruiting edge over Utah when they were both in the Mountain West, but now that Utah is Pac 12 and BYU is WCC, wouldn't that have some effect? Of course for kids growing up in the state of Utah, you probably have pretty strong feelings either negative or positive about the Utes and the Cougs from a fairly young age. I don't think you can legally like both schools, has to be one or the other. Anyway will be interesting to see if Utah's recent Sweet 16 gives their program some momentum they continue to build on.

DixieZag
04-20-2015, 08:07 PM
This is tangential and just speculative, but this thread has me curious. I would guess BYU might've had a recruiting edge over Utah when they were both in the Mountain West, but now that Utah is Pac 12 and BYU is WCC, wouldn't that have some effect? Of course for kids growing up in the state of Utah, you probably have pretty strong feelings either negative or positive about the Utes and the Cougs from a fairly young age. I don't think you can legally like both schools, has to be one or the other. Anyway will be interesting to see if Utah's recent Sweet 16 gives their program some momentum they continue to build on.

Having lived there and worked at the U - no, you hit it just right, the law is you must like one and hate one. But it is fairly static, I'm not sure anyone has ever switched their allegiance. Forty miles apart, roughly the same size, the religious angle, big city/small city, red/blue.

However, and I am totally speculating, too - I would bet that it is more a matter of how strong Utah is coming on with a very popular coach than conferences, though it may play a role. I think the other "Coach K" will do very well. Utah would do well to try to lock him up into a big "K" before the very very top schools come calling. I am surprised Texas didn't give him a run. I hear Bloomington is very nice. . . .

MDABE80
04-20-2015, 09:10 PM
" I hear Bloomington is very nice "<---------it isn't

ZagaZags
04-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Sean Miller and Damon Stoudamire will have an in-home with 2016 guard Frank Jackson tomorrow night

23dpg
05-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Found this in an SI article about Jackson. Take it for what it's worth.


Jackson has drawn more attention this spring. Over eight games on the Adidas Uprising Gauntlet in Indianapolis and Dallas, he has averaged 23.5 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.8 assists while shooting 56.2% from the field, 42.5% from three-point range and posting a 24.9 Player Efficiency Rating. He said he holds offers from Gonzaga, UCLA and Utah, among other programs, and plans to take visits to Arizona, Duke, Maryland and North Carolina this summer.


http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/05/20/recruiting-frank-jackson-byu-utah

MDABE80
05-26-2015, 02:20 PM
No chance. None. It's obvious he thinks we're a second tier team compared to Duke, NC, etc. He'll go to one of the top 5 times.........teams with a legacy of being superior. Programs like GU, Mich St, Wisc, UCLA are simply not on his mind. I suppose he might change his mind but after reading the SI article ..he's gone to the "mill" programs.