• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzagacfen
    Bulldog Fan
    • Oct 2008

2016 6'7 wing Brendan Bailey

PoP @Premierball:
    2016 6'7 SG Brendan Bailey @brendanbailey35 w/ home visits from the following; ASU Bobby Hurley Sun. 4pm, Zags Sun. 7pm and SDST Tues 3:30pm
    Recently decommit from Arizona State. Gonzaga reportedly was about to offer before he chose ASU.

One of the top wings in the country, nice long range jumper
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Hurls' first test.

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

I think Hurley will succeed. In fact, I think he's your crown prince waiting upon King K to retire (provided he does well). Ammaker hasn't done enough, didn't do well at Michigan.

I hope coach continually asks him if he recalls what SDSU's record was last year and asks how far they got in the tournament.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• raise the zag
        Zag for Life
        • May 2011

terrific kid by all accounts. good student, top-75 player, & a budding blue-chip type wing (with much needed muscle).

still growing. 6'7", with 6'10" wingspan.

excellent shot to the perimeter. needs to improve rebounding & post moves (mostly strength related).

would be a tremendous player and person for the Zags. more than worth utilizing an available schollie.

as you'll see in an earlier post, I was IRATE after Zags failed to offer him the first go 'round, when he publicly listed and stated interest in GU.

would love to have him. a RS yr may be needed, yet crazy skills and length.

interestingly, he attended the Zags at BYU game this year.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
          I think Hurley will succeed. In fact, I think he's your crown prince waiting upon King K to retire (provided he does well). Ammaker hasn't done enough, didn't do well at Michigan.

I hope coach continually asks him if he recalls what SDSU's record was last year and asks how far they got in the tournament.

Mike Brey tho a bit old is another Koach branch. But I always figured Brad Stevens was the top choice.

Comment

• GoZags
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post
            terrific kid by all accounts. good student, top-75 player, & a budding blue-chip type wing (with much needed muscle).

still growing. 6'7", with 6'10" wingspan.

excellent shot to the perimeter. needs to improve rebounding & post moves (mostly strength related).

would be a tremendous player and person for the Zags. more than worth utilizing an available schollie.

as you'll see in an earlier post, I was IRATE after Zags failed to offer him the first go 'round, when he publicly listed and stated interest in GU.

would love to have him. a RS yr may be needed, yet crazy skills and length.

interestingly, he attended the Zags at BYU game this year.
            Tommy maintains publically that the fanbase (of any program) knows less than 5% of what goes on vis a vis recruiting in general, or recruiting a kid in particular. Internet charts often have sense of accuracy but rarely tell the whole story.

Not sure there's any reason to get "irate" over something you really don't know anything about.

At least that's my opinion.
            sigpic
            “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
            ——-
            List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
            Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              Mike Brey tho a bit old is another Koach branch. But I always figured Brad Stevens was the top choice.
              Yeah, I find it fruitful to defer to you on many of these types of topics.

Of course, I certainly didn't come up with the prediction on my own. I really don't follow closely enough. I heard a very persuasive case for it on SVP show that made a lot of sense t me. Sure, it is predicated upon a quick turnaround at ASU like Buffalo. But, a school with the benefits of ASU, gorgeous women walking in shorts on Jan 15th - if a guy can recruit and take a Buffalo team to the tourney..... Sure, he wouldn't have the proven long term success that Dook might prefer, but he'd sure be a hot choice if ASU does well out of the box.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• raise the zag
                Zag for Life
                • May 2011

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                Not sure there's any reason to get "irate" over something you really don't know anything about.

At least that's my opinion.
                I understand your sentiment, and 'irate' may have been a poor term.

As a fan, follower, and friend of the program, I was simply disappointed when noticing no offer was formally extended prior to Brendan's commitment to ASU.

Maybe it was for a particular reason or he was long-sold on Tempe's College; however, one couldn't help but notice Mr. Bailey shared his fondness of Gonzaga. I'm sure there was mutual interest to some extent, yet I also assure you there was no offer at the same time.

Besides, being "disappointed" is merely an "opinion" as well. I hope you didn't feel offended on how I felt?

I'm just pleased we are in the mix, have a pony in this race, and taking efforts to potentially bring Brendan Bailey on board.

JMO.

Comment

• Coach Crazy
                  • Apr 2011

???

Originally posted by gonzagacfen View Post
                  PoP @Premierball:

Recently decommit from Arizona State. Gonzaga reportedly was about to offer before he chose ASU.

One of the top wings in the country, nice long range jumper
                  When did he become one of the top wings in the country?

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I've mentioned this on him before, but his Dad Thurl is a class act so I automatically like this kid.
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Zags_Fanatic
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2012

Offered:

PoP
                      ‏@PremierBall
                      Gonzaga offers 2016 6'8 G/W Brendon Bailey; Dream Vision AAU. (UT) @brendanbailey35 @VerbalCommits #sharpshooter #zags #HSBrecruiting

Comment

• sittingon50
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Sweet.
                        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• bigparb
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

skilled with length.......really like his game....

Comment

• ZAG 4 LIFE
                            Kennel Club
                            • Nov 2014

Maybe #12 will convince "Big T" Thurl Bailey that his son belongs in ZagVille

Comment

• Mantua
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ZAG 4 LIFE View Post
                              Maybe #12 will convince "Big T" Thurl Bailey that his son belongs in ZagVille
                              #12 is such a luxury.
                              Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

Working...
                              X