PDA

View Full Version : 2016 6'7 wing Brendan Bailey

gonzagacfen
04-18-2015, 07:06 AM
PoP @Premierball:

2016 6'7 SG Brendan Bailey @brendanbailey35 w/ home visits from the following; ASU Bobby Hurley Sun. 4pm, Zags Sun. 7pm and SDST Tues 3:30pm

Recently decommit from Arizona State. Gonzaga reportedly was about to offer before he chose ASU.

One of the top wings in the country, nice long range jumper

jazzdelmar
04-18-2015, 07:09 AM
Hurls' first test.

DixieZag
04-18-2015, 07:46 AM
I think Hurley will succeed. In fact, I think he's your crown prince waiting upon King K to retire (provided he does well). Ammaker hasn't done enough, didn't do well at Michigan.

I hope coach continually asks him if he recalls what SDSU's record was last year and asks how far they got in the tournament.

raise the zag
04-18-2015, 07:49 AM
terrific kid by all accounts. good student, top-75 player, & a budding blue-chip type wing (with much needed muscle).

still growing. 6'7", with 6'10" wingspan.

excellent shot to the perimeter. needs to improve rebounding & post moves (mostly strength related).

would be a tremendous player and person for the Zags. more than worth utilizing an available schollie.

as you'll see in an earlier post, I was IRATE after Zags failed to offer him the first go 'round, when he publicly listed and stated interest in GU.

would love to have him. a RS yr may be needed, yet crazy skills and length.

interestingly, he attended the Zags at BYU game this year.

jazzdelmar
04-18-2015, 07:50 AM
I think Hurley will succeed. In fact, I think he's your crown prince waiting upon King K to retire (provided he does well). Ammaker hasn't done enough, didn't do well at Michigan.

I hope coach continually asks him if he recalls what SDSU's record was last year and asks how far they got in the tournament.

Mike Brey tho a bit old is another Koach branch. But I always figured Brad Stevens was the top choice.

GoZags
04-18-2015, 07:57 AM
terrific kid by all accounts. good student, top-75 player, & a budding blue-chip type wing (with much needed muscle).

still growing. 6'7", with 6'10" wingspan.

excellent shot to the perimeter. needs to improve rebounding & post moves (mostly strength related).

would be a tremendous player and person for the Zags. more than worth utilizing an available schollie.

as you'll see in an earlier post, I was IRATE after Zags failed to offer him the first go 'round, when he publicly listed and stated interest in GU.

would love to have him. a RS yr may be needed, yet crazy skills and length.

interestingly, he attended the Zags at BYU game this year.

Tommy maintains publically that the fanbase (of any program) knows less than 5% of what goes on vis a vis recruiting in general, or recruiting a kid in particular. Internet charts often have sense of accuracy but rarely tell the whole story.

Not sure there's any reason to get "irate" over something you really don't know anything about.

At least that's my opinion.

DixieZag
04-18-2015, 07:59 AM
Mike Brey tho a bit old is another Koach branch. But I always figured Brad Stevens was the top choice.

Yeah, I find it fruitful to defer to you on many of these types of topics.

Of course, I certainly didn't come up with the prediction on my own. I really don't follow closely enough. I heard a very persuasive case for it on SVP show that made a lot of sense t me. Sure, it is predicated upon a quick turnaround at ASU like Buffalo. But, a school with the benefits of ASU, gorgeous women walking in shorts on Jan 15th - if a guy can recruit and take a Buffalo team to the tourney..... Sure, he wouldn't have the proven long term success that Dook might prefer, but he'd sure be a hot choice if ASU does well out of the box.

raise the zag
04-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Not sure there's any reason to get "irate" over something you really don't know anything about.

At least that's my opinion.

I understand your sentiment, and 'irate' may have been a poor term.

As a fan, follower, and friend of the program, I was simply disappointed when noticing no offer was formally extended prior to Brendan's commitment to ASU.

Maybe it was for a particular reason or he was long-sold on Tempe's College; however, one couldn't help but notice Mr. Bailey shared his fondness of Gonzaga. I'm sure there was mutual interest to some extent, yet I also assure you there was no offer at the same time.

Besides, being "disappointed" is merely an "opinion" as well. I hope you didn't feel offended on how I felt?

I'm just pleased we are in the mix, have a pony in this race, and taking efforts to potentially bring Brendan Bailey on board.

JMO.

Coach Crazy
04-18-2015, 01:01 PM
PoP @Premierball:

Recently decommit from Arizona State. Gonzaga reportedly was about to offer before he chose ASU.

One of the top wings in the country, nice long range jumper

When did he become one of the top wings in the country?

sittingon50
04-19-2015, 08:29 PM
I've mentioned this on him before, but his Dad Thurl is a class act so I automatically like this kid.

Zags_Fanatic
04-28-2015, 08:01 PM
Offered:

PoP
‏@PremierBall
Gonzaga offers 2016 6'8 G/W Brendon Bailey; Dream Vision AAU. (UT) @brendanbailey35 @VerbalCommits #sharpshooter #zags #HSBrecruiting

sittingon50
04-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Sweet.

bigparb
04-28-2015, 08:55 PM
skilled with length.......really like his game....

ZAG 4 LIFE
04-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Maybe #12 will convince "Big T" Thurl Bailey that his son belongs in ZagVille

Mantua
04-28-2015, 10:10 PM
Maybe #12 will convince "Big T" Thurl Bailey that his son belongs in ZagVille

#12 is such a luxury.

raise the zag
04-29-2015, 06:03 AM
I keep seeing "2016 wing".

Bailey is a 2015 prospect, correct?

Mr Vulture
04-29-2015, 08:16 AM
Shows 2016 classification on ESPN and Scout so I think that would be correct...

Zags_Fanatic
04-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Is there any indication that Brendan could choose to serve an LDS mission like Jesse Wade? Very interesting to see Gonzaga pushing into the Utah/LDS landscape, especially with BYU in the WCC.

Coach Crazy
04-29-2015, 04:27 PM
Is there any indication that Brendan could choose to serve an LDS mission like Jesse Wade? Very interesting to see Gonzaga pushing into the Utah/LDS landscape, especially with BYU in the WCC.

I haven't seen anything, but it is interesting. Some of 'us' don't like BYU, and spent some or all of our growing up in a situation that aided in not liking BYU and being closer to Gonzaga. The reasons can really be many. Hard to say. It's gonna be very individual. Not everyone that lives in Utah is from there, or has parents that are from there/BYU fans. The list goes on.

Zag_Dad
05-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Any recent news on the Bailey front? Curious where Gonzaga's at with the recruiting of this Arizona State de-commit.

seacatfan
05-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Interesting, I'd seen his name several times but didn't make the connection that his father is Thurl. I remember his from his days at NC State in the early 80's. Morgan Bailey that plays for the BYU women's team is Thurl's niece.

re: Hurley and the eventual replacement for K at Duke, I think they'd serve themselves well to go outside his coaching tree. Very limited options, most of which really aren't worthy. Brey has had by far the most success. Guys like Dawkins, Amaker, Capel just haven't been anywhere close to demonstrating they would be the right coach to carry things forward. Hurley even more so, he's barely started his career. Same with Chris Collins. As a Duke hater, I really hope they make the wrong move and reach for one of his former players/assistants.

gonzagafan62
05-04-2015, 12:38 PM
We still haven't offered. Looks like ASU, BYU, and Utah.

Vanderbilt is even on the list. Not of offers but.... (Updated May 1, 2015)

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/188535/brendan-bailey

Zag_Dad
05-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Offered:

I'm confused ... looks like we did offer Bailey? The Scout web site is outdated, if that is what gonzagafan62 is referring to. I think the list of offers they have relates to before his commitment (and now de-commitment) to Arizona State.

ZagaZags
05-04-2015, 12:50 PM
GU has offered Brendan Bailey.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/brendan-bailey

sittingon50
05-04-2015, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=seacatfan;1117016]Interesting, I'd seen his name several times but didn't make the connection that his father is Thurl. I remember his from his days at NC State in the early 80's.

See post #10, this thread.

seacatfan
05-04-2015, 01:44 PM
See post #10, this thread.

I don't think I'd read thru this thread prior to today. Definitely the post you reference is where I gleaned this fact from.

gonzagafan62
05-04-2015, 02:56 PM
GU has offered Brendan Bailey.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/brendan-bailey

Nice. Thanks. Idk why I couldn't find that.

Zag_Dad
05-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Ugggg... Arizona just offered Bailey.

Chicken Ball
05-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Ugggg... Arizona just offered Bailey.

Did Thurl ever play with any Arizona alumni?

gonzagacfen
05-24-2015, 12:15 PM
Like to hear this with Arizona & UConn lurking

Gonzaga Guru @ZagsGuru
#Gonzaga and SDSU are reportedly recruiting 2016 wing @brendanbailey35 the hardest right now. Lethal from 3! #ZagUp

Matt Moreno @MattGOAZCATS
Brendan Bailey said he has had a handful of conversations with Sean Miller but SDSU & Gonzaga are recruiting hardest pic.twitter.com/gHdjKJLXOr
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFy3TGGUkAECRid.jpg:small

Zagdawg
05-24-2015, 01:48 PM
http://www.theprepinsiders.com/brendan-bailey-taking-his-game-and-recruitment-to-the-next-level/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLzHaSgNahg&feature=youtu.be&a

Mr Vulture
05-24-2015, 02:53 PM
Well it must be SDSU in the lead because Gonzaga never wins battles with them according to some...LOL

Like to hear this with Arizona & UConn lurking

VaBeachZAG
05-24-2015, 03:00 PM
http://www.theprepinsiders.com/brendan-bailey-taking-his-game-and-recruitment-to-the-next-level/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLzHaSgNahg&feature=youtu.be&a

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say there is not a more perfect fit anywhere for this kid than GU. Add him to those we have now and those who are coming in and the Zags will be a lock on the Sweet 16 and beyond for years and years to come.

Zagger
05-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Sure hope BB chooses GU. Great smile prolly foretells a fine on-court personality. I love Zag BB mainly due to what I see as a team who both knows how to win AND have fun doing so. Brendan looks like he'd fit right into that sort of Zag mix/play. Good luck to Bredan where ever he goes.

Coach Crazy
05-24-2015, 05:31 PM
Well it must be SDSU in the lead because Gonzaga never wins battles with them according to some...LOL

Isn't the score like Eleventy to Zero-Infinity in SDSU's favor?

MTZag03
05-24-2015, 06:04 PM
It is currently 1/0 versus 1. We are 1.

Mr Vulture
05-24-2015, 06:22 PM
At least that Coach! :roll:

Isn't the score like Eleventy to Zero-Infinity in SDSU's favor?

DADoZAG
05-25-2015, 08:09 AM
So, his hair isn't figured in the 6'7 measurement, is it? Ha!

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say there is not a more perfect fit anywhere for this kid than GU. Add him to those we have now and those who are coming in and the Zags [will have the potential for] Sweet 16 and beyond for years and years to come.

'Felt it needed a slight tweak, VaB, but with that I'll agree, specially if III commits.

Of course, the continued success in the "...years and years to come..." depends on the program keeping up with the quicker player cycles that are probable if/when the ZAGS have friendly dice in the future. There could be a lot of folks leaving if 16-17 lives up to it's potential, specially if III commits [did I say that already?].

Bailey would have a year playing behind quite a group, specially if III commits [is that going over the top?], and be ready to step on stage.

Besides, it would be fun to watch his ZAG hair develop. Given the fact that, IIRC, Thurl kept his top pretty clean, young Mr. Bailey just might have a propensity to go a touch beyond the envelope.

Rony might be challenged, but can he beat out Steven?

Go ZAGS!

Coach Crazy
05-25-2015, 08:13 AM

'Felt it needed a slight tweak, VaB, but with that I'll agree, specially if III commits.

Of course, the continued success in the "...years and years to come..." depends on the program keeping up with the quicker player cycles that are probable if/when the ZAGS have friendly dice in the future. There could be a lot of folks leaving if 16-17 lives up to it's potential, specially if III commits [did I say that already?].

Bailey would have a year playing behind quite a group, specially if III commits [is that going over the top?], and be ready to step on stage.

Besides, it would be fun to watch his ZAG hair develop. Given the fact that, IIRC, Thurl kept his top pretty clean, young Mr. Bailey just might have a propensity to go a touch beyond the envelope.

Rony might be challenged, but can he beat out Steven?

Go ZAGS!

Nice NLP. I'm assuming you did that in the event that J3 is reading this forum, or happens to stumble across your post?

seacatfan
05-25-2015, 08:29 AM

Nice. Makes me think of the sequence in "Fletch" when he fantasizes about playing PF for the Lakers. Something like 6-5 without the 'fro, 6-9 with it.

basketballzag
05-25-2015, 08:54 AM
Surprised no one mentiond that BB's father played with John Stockton & the Jazz.

DADoZAG
05-25-2015, 08:58 AM
Surprised no one mentiond that BB's father played with John Stockton & the Jazz.

Someone did....

That's all part of it why he's a perfect fit.

[and I call it gardening!]

Go ZAGS!

DADoZAG
05-25-2015, 09:01 AM
Nice. Makes me think of the sequence in "Fletch" when he fantasizes about playing PF for the Lakers. Something like 6-5 without the 'fro, 6-9 with it.

...and here I imagined it was an original thought....

[sigh]

All the good ones are taken...

Ha!

Go ZAGS!

seacatfan
05-25-2015, 09:30 AM
...and here I imagined it was an original thought....

[sigh]

All the good ones are taken...

Ha!

Go ZAGS!

Oh it's okay, you just wait long enough and it seems like a new idea. How many kids these days have even heard of the movie Fletch?

kitzbuel
05-25-2015, 12:17 PM
Oh it's okay, you just wait long enough and it seems like a new idea. How many kids these days have even heard of the movie Fletch?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27700000/Fletch-chevy-chase-fanclub-27778253-409-615.jpg

MDABE80
05-25-2015, 12:33 PM
His Dad loves GU and he loves the region. Not sure that'll hold up but I do know that much. He's becoming a high demand kid. Love to have him here. Nice kid. Nice family. Raised well. Terrific shooting. Good defense.

exclusivelee
06-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Brendan's highlights form the NBPA Top 100 Camp. He gained a lot of love from the recruiting analysts at the event. We know the coaching staff, as well as Zach, wants him at GU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl7S27ZW7jU

Here's a bonus article from the Kentucky/St. John's homer Zagoria, fails to ask about all the schools recruiting him hard enough, just about the visits Brendan has taken, so GU wasnt mentioned:

http://zagsblog.com/articles/2016-forward-brendan-bailey-weighing-options-after-decommitting-from-arizona-state/

DixieZag
06-23-2015, 04:08 PM
I like it when we recruit HS kids who can shoot the 3 and whose heads nearly hit the rim when they dunk.

ZagNative
06-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Wow! Hope we get some reports from observers at the camp!

Slipper Still Fits ‏@slipperstillfit

We hinted at it yesterday, but as part of its team camp, Gonzaga will have #zagclass16 priority, @brendanbailey35 on campus this week.

Zagdawg
06-23-2015, 06:32 PM
Wow--hope he gets to be here for some of the Hoopfest activities.

MDABE80
06-23-2015, 06:34 PM
Camp this week? ANyone know? I get the best info watching the post camp games very evening.

ZagNative
06-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Camp this week? ANyone know? I get the best info watching the post camp games very evening.Get busy, Abe! We need your reports! I need to find out which camp he's enrolled in ...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-snapIgg8vLQ/VYoYeQjvZhI/AAAAAAAChL0/lgRTlPtUsWo/s512/2015-06-23%252520Gonzaga%252520Team%252520Camp.jpg

Coach Crazy
06-23-2015, 06:45 PM
I like it when we recruit HS kids who can shoot the 3 and whose heads nearly hit the rim when they dunk.

I like the idea of Gonzaga nabbing a bunch of LDS kids and seeing what that does to BYU fans, when they have to cheer against them. The thought of how that internal dissonance might play out is wonderful.

zag buddy
06-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Abe first camp started today thru the 26, then the 28-1st then july 16-19 and july 27-29

sittingon50
06-23-2015, 08:20 PM
I like the idea of Gonzaga nabbing a bunch of LDS kids and seeing what that does to BYU fans, when they have to cheer against them. The thought of how that internal dissonance might play out is wonderful.

And a couple of "more mature" players on the roster wouldn't hurt either.

Zagdawg
06-23-2015, 08:55 PM
Devin Culp going to be playing at the camp--like to know how he is doing (be nice to get a local Spokane kid on the roster again).

ZagNative
06-23-2015, 09:09 PM
which Gonzaga players are in town to work the camps? Only ones I've seen posting are Shem and JWIII, who flew in recently. Haven't heard a peep from anyone else recently. I wonder if Nigel Williams-Goss will work the camps...

The only teams I've seen info about attending are:

Bellarmine Prep from Tacoma
Eastside Catholic
Gonzaga Prep

I haven't seen anything about American Fork (Brendan's school) attending, but presumably they are.

jazzdelmar
06-24-2015, 04:25 AM
Is Gorman coming?

Bogozags
06-24-2015, 06:39 AM
Not to get off topic...has Bailey set a date to visit GU? Has he indicated when he might make a decision? Would he play in 2016 or will he go on mission and play in 2018?

ProjectMKUltra5
06-24-2015, 08:47 AM
Is Gorman coming?

Gonzaga would never associate itself with a school that is clearly bending the rules of HS athletics like Bishop Gorman does

Angelo Roncalli
06-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Not to get off topic...has Bailey set a date to visit GU? Has he indicated when he might make a decision? Would he play in 2016 or will he go on mission and play in 2018?

Bailey is reported to be making an unofficial visit to GU later this week.

DukeSilver
06-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Gonzaga would never associate itself with a school that is clearly bending the rules of HS athletics like Bishop Gorman does

This is an absurd statement ... Gonzaga would be foolish to not associate itself with a high school that consistently pumps out top-level collegiate players - especially now that one of them will be playing for GU.

DukeSilver
06-24-2015, 09:12 AM

Last I heard, the most likely scenario regarding Bailey was that he would go on his mission after high school, but I imagine there are very few people in a position to speak to whether or not this is the absolute truth. Just mere speculation based on his family's religious background.

Bogozags
06-24-2015, 09:46 AM
Angelo and DukeSilver, thanks for the update...:o

jazzdelmar
06-24-2015, 10:19 AM

As opposed to the Grand Canyon clip joint?

HillBillyZag
06-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Jazz, I remember when Collegiate Basketball was New York. St.Johns, CCNY, Manhatten, LIU, and now & then?, Yeshiva had Powerhouse Squads with some Great Players.

HillBillyZag
06-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Amazing how Some seem remember our Program so Pure that only Mother Teresa or Pope Francis could have been in Charge? Fitz would get a kick out of that.

Coach Crazy
06-24-2015, 01:23 PM
This is an absurd statement ... Gonzaga would be foolish to not associate itself with a high school that consistently pumps out top-level collegiate players - especially now that one of them will be playing for GU.

Notice the font and style, it denotes something other than being serious. It is an absurd statement. But it has been genuinely made about another high-powered program in the area. Simply because it's a West-side, non-white picket fence entity.

cggonzaga
06-24-2015, 01:37 PM
Notice the font and style, it denotes something other than being serious. It is an absurd statement. But it has been genuinely made about another high-powered program in the area. Simply because it's a West-side, non-white picket fence entity.

Interesting. When did I say they bend the rules at Rainier Beach? Also interesting you want to make it a race issue. How about you go back and read that thread and tell me where I talked about either one of those items? The GU coaching staff would never say anything but I'd love to hear how they felt about Beach if they could be honest.

I digress. Brendan Bailey would be a great get. Probably get us into the top 25 for recruiting classes for 2015.

Coach Crazy
06-24-2015, 01:38 PM
And a couple of "more mature" players on the roster wouldn't hurt either.

Certainly not, but my primary concern in this situation would be my original statement. Nothing drives a BYU fan more crazy than having to root against the players they think they should have. And if Gonzaga can swing that, I want the players they do recruit to do a dance called "Teach Me How To Mormon" and put it on YouTube. My brethren of the Blue Frock would mind-crap themselves.

CDC84
06-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Nothing drives a BYU fan more crazy than having to root against the players they think they should have.

The whole situation with Frank Jackson has to be driving their fans crazy. That kid has totally blown up. Might be the #1 PG in his class.

DixieZag
06-24-2015, 01:48 PM
The whole situation with Frank Jackson has to be driving their fans crazy. That kid has totally blown up. Might be the #1 PG in his class.

I'm pretty sure BYU fans are running out of heads to blow out. First they can't win the conference title, then they can't win in high school gyms, then the teams with high school gyms beat them in the vaunted "MC" and now their best LDS players are being stolen.

Enough to make one want to find an easier conference, like the Big 12 for example.

Coach Crazy
06-24-2015, 02:10 PM
Interesting. When did I say they bend the rules at Rainier Beach? Also interesting you want to make it a race issue. How about you go back and read that thread and tell me where I talked about either one of those items? The GU coaching staff would never say anything but I'd love to hear how they felt about Beach if they could be honest.

I digress. Brendan Bailey would be a great get. Probably get us into the top 25 for recruiting classes for 2015.

There is no race connotation in "white picket fence". It's not a statement about race. If you are unfamiliar about something I have said, it would probably be best to ask me what I meant. I actually wasn't thinking about you, specifically, when I was typing my previous post.

Coach Crazy
06-24-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm pretty sure BYU fans are running out of heads to blow out. First they can't win the conference title, then they can't win in high school gyms, then the teams with high school gyms beat them in the vaunted "MC" and now their best LDS players are being stolen.

Enough to make one want to find an easier conference, like the Big 12 for example.

You'd be surprised. I lived there long enough to see how fast they can re-inflate, what with all the hot air that gets built up around their university sports culture. And I don't hate them, I just never really appreciated their attitude toward things of this nature.

jazzdelmar
06-24-2015, 02:22 PM
Icon Ainge's son going to Utah State, is that a blow or is he not good enough for BYU?

ProjectMKUltra5
06-24-2015, 02:34 PM

What do you think they would say? More specifically, what do you think they would say that couldn't be said about Gorman?

ProjectMKUltra5
06-24-2015, 02:38 PM
Bailey is reported to be making an unofficial visit to GU later this week.

Unofficials always make me a little happy just because the player is footing the bill on that trip. All that recruiting by Collins and Wade have piqued his interest.

cggonzaga
06-24-2015, 11:17 PM
Not getting into a pissing match with you Project. Don't know enough to comment on Bishop Gorman. I believe one huge difference however is that Beach is a publically funded school while Gorman is a private school. At Gorman you're getting a education and playing the sport of your choice and doing those things 24/7. Just looked it up and they have a 100% graduation rate. Beach recently went from the worst high school in the state to a 79% graduation rate which apparently has raised 25 points in the past 3 years. I applaud the administration for that jump. Seattle Times article even mentioned Beach has a history of being a haven for star athletes and little else. I'm not just making this stuff up.

Stache
06-25-2015, 05:36 AM
Bailey was a no show on Tuesday with his team because he was in Durham. Disappointing turn. Is expected for last half of team camp. Two good Utah teams at camp now. G Prep has Culp and Sam Lockett - 2 quality HS players going into their sophomore year./ LC team playing well with strong senior class. Prep has incoming freshman who is 6'5" and may be the best prospect of all locally. Very smooth, great feet.

ProjectMKUltra5
06-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Not getting into a pissing match with you Project. Don't know enough to comment on Bishop Gorman. I believe one huge difference however is that Beach is a publically funded school while Gorman is a private school. At Gorman you're getting a education and playing the sport of your choice and doing those things 24/7. Just looked it up and they have a 100% graduation rate. Beach recently went from the worst high school in the state to a 79% graduation rate which apparently has raised 25 points in the past 3 years. I applaud the administration for that jump. Seattle Times article even mentioned Beach has a history of being a haven for star athletes and little else. I'm not just making this stuff up.

That's all fine and dandy but let's not pretend Gonzaga is the Stanford of the NW. Beach has taken steps and improved it's academics to that point where almost all their basketball players qualify for schools just as good, if not better then GU. They're not pumping out Rhodes Scholars but it's nothing to scoff at.

And don't even get me started on the obvious cheating going on at Gorman. The fact that Beach is a public school means it has to disclose all of its financial information, something Gorman doesn't have to do because it's private. I'm sure you can figure out how that could aid a school in hiding money changing hands. It wasn't even til 2012 that Gorman agreed to have its coaches sign contracts with the NIAA saying they shouldn't recruit or that Gorman would cooperate with any NIAA investigation. Make no mistake about it, Gorman is right there at the head of the class when it comes to cheating in HS sports. This idea that Beach/Garfield/Seattle is to low for Gonzaga while we're out recruiting at Gorman? Puh-Leeze my dude.

DixieZag
06-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Bailey was a no show on Tuesday with his team because he was in Durham. Disappointing turn. Is expected for last half of team camp. Two good Utah teams at camp now. G Prep has Culp and Sam Lockett - 2 quality HS players going into their sophomore year./ LC team playing well with strong senior class. Prep has incoming freshman who is 6'5" and may be the best prospect of all locally. Very smooth, great feet.

RE: "Two Good Utah Teams"

Someone was nice enough to link to the top 100 or something like that, not too long ago.

I was shocked at how few west coast kids there were. I can't recall exactly the numbers, but I added up and posted that Utah had more players on the list than CA/OR/WA combined. THAT is amazing.

Zagdawg
06-25-2015, 01:35 PM
Kinda blows the whole "lower level competition in Utah" theory out of the water? Sounds like there may be a few decent players in the state. ;)

cggonzaga
06-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Make no mistake about it, Gorman is right there at the head of the class when it comes to cheating in HS sports. This idea that Beach/Garfield/Seattle is to low for Gonzaga while we're out recruiting at Gorman? Puh-Leeze my dude.

Those weren't even my arguments...dude. Think you need to go back and read the thread. I also never stated Beach kids weren't good enough to go to Gonzaga. Almost vice versa, they (including coaches) think they're too good to go to GU.

jazzdelmar
06-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Think we should temper comments about the high school of perhaps the highest ranked recruit in GU history And the employer of his dad.

gonzagacfen
06-26-2015, 06:47 AM
Slipper Still Fit @slipperstillfit
Quick #zagclass16 note: Brendan Bailey will not be staying through Hoopfest weekend. Keep in mind this is an unofficial visit for team camp
5:37pm - 25 Jun 15

Looks like it was a short visit for Brendan. Hope he had the opportunity to scrimmage with the Zags, visit the campus thoroughly, and leave Spokane feeling impressed with what GU has to offer him

webspinnre
06-26-2015, 07:11 AM
Think we should temper comments about the high school of perhaps the highest ranked recruit in GU history And the employer of his dad.

For what it's worth, I've only seen a single poster commenting negatively regarding Gorman. Maybe I missed others.

In any case, Collins has shown nothing but maturity and class, and I have no doubts regarding his fit here at GU.

ProjectMKUltra5
06-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Since Mark Few recruits at Gorman, it must be a bastion of higher learning that prioritizes cultivating good young men more then trivial pursuits such as the game of basketball.

http://www.askingsmarterquestions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

DukeSilver
06-26-2015, 10:22 AM
Seriously? You're welcome to your opinions, but you have to recognize this is not necessarily the place to air them.

DixieZag
06-26-2015, 10:27 AM
I was always under the impression that it was about the individual young man, and not any one school or program. If we look around, we see some of the most selfish and problematic kids come out of some of the top HS's and go to top colleges. And, you find gems all over. Content of character stuff.

Probably the last thing I worry about in GU basketball is the quality type of "young men" we bring in. We just said good-bye to Gary Bell, Keven Pangos and B-Wes, - that says it all. Is there another program anywhere that had three seniors of that quality of young men leave?

DukeSilver
06-26-2015, 10:59 AM
I was always under the impression that it was about the individual young man, and not any one school or program. If we look around, we see some of the most selfish and problematic kids come out of some of the top HS's and go to top colleges. And, you find gems all over. Content of character stuff.

Probably the last thing I worry about in GU basketball is the quality type of "young men" we bring in. We just said good-bye to Gary Bell, Keven Pangos and B-Wes, - that says it all. Is there another program anywhere that had three seniors of that quality of young men leave?

+1

exclusivelee
06-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Brendan Bailey & his teammate 6'4 guard Spencer Johnson had the opportunity to scrimmage with the Zags this week at the Gonzaga Team Camp this week.

Check out Brendan sitting next to Mark Few & having a conversation. David Stockton also pictured

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/27/2dd6b888635fed5a1107b12ac333d1e5.jpg (https://twitter.com/ZagsGuru/status/614902666989191168/)

Brendan's high school (American Fork) won the GU Team Camp tournament this week, defeating the local G-Prep Bullpups in the championship game

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/27/e59be843d767a78f6b782afaec26695d.jpg (https://twitter.com/ZagsGuru/status/614600062111354880)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/27/8c2071b8fbfac8e809347538d69dc134.jpg (https://twitter.com/ZagsGuru/status/614600062111354880)

DADoZAG
06-27-2015, 06:02 PM
This young man needs to pickup the phone and dial the number. We all know he's got the number in his phone, in his favorites. One tap and the future is set, at the highest level, with the right people.

Go ZAGS!

Zagdawg
07-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Posting in the right thread--

Gonzaga Guru ‏@ZagsGuru · 6h6 hours ago
.@brendanbailey35 intends to official visit Gonzaga & Marquette. Plan for mission but not 100%

Gonzaga Guru
‏@ZagsGuru JaQuori McLaughlin intends to take official visits to Gonzaga & Arizona, @ebosshoops's #2 2016 PG on the West Coast https://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1782001&PT=4&PR=2 …

https://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1782001&PT=4&PR=2

Zagdawg
07-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Zach Collins retweeted

Rob Harrington ‏@Rob_Harrington · Jul 8
Brendan Bailey of Dreamvision has the skills and IQ that could carry him very far in the sport. Just needs strength. #adidasuprising

MDABE80
07-11-2015, 11:53 AM
It's obvious this is a superior kid and player. I'd go after him hard.....like REAL hard. Pritchard look fabulous. I'm predicting success with Bailey. He'd solve a lot of problems in the next few years. I'm think Mark is working hard to get him. Hate to be a droll cheerleader but with what we have now and with these new faces, there is no reason we can't be in the E 8 or FF. In some ways it's frightening to see how far this program's come in the past 15-16 years.
In the 90's and in the period 2000-2005, we were all fearful that the bottom could fall out year to year.........you all remember "the little school that might"........every smaller school was the "next" GU. Well, it seems our consistency matter even without a FF. Just so grateful the coaches and administration kept pushing. Only one GU. Only one.

ZagsGoZags
07-12-2015, 12:48 PM
+2

exclusivelee
07-18-2015, 06:32 AM
More on Brendan Bailey wanting to take an official visit to Gonzaga. He adds that GU and San Diego State seem to want him the most. Looks like we should expect him to take a mission and arrive in 2018

From Rivals' Brian Neubert: https://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1783911&PT=4&PR=2

July 17, 2015

NY2LA Sports Summer Jam: Carter's charge

Dream Vision's Brendan Bailey has added Michigan interest to his long list of suitors.

The four-star, 61st-ranked small forward from Utah says that Gonzaga and San Diego State are among those most interested, while Arizona, Utah, Connecticut and Marquette are keeping involved, too. They've all offered, he said.

"I'm going to start cutting my list down here pretty soon," Bailey said.

Bailey, the son of former NBA player Thurl Bailey, said he plans to schedule an official visit to Gonzaga and has already taken officials to San Diego State and Connecticut. He's a former Arizona State commitment.

- See more at: https://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1783911&PT=4&PR=2#sthash.4fTZKveF.dpuf

From NY2LA's Corey Evans: http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3018

July 17, 2015

2015 NY2LA SPORTS SUMMER JAM DAY 2 RECAP - PART 2

STAR WATCH
BRENDAN BAILEY – 6’7 – SF – DREAM VISION – 2016
Bailey brings such a massive upside to the wing spot on the floor as he has the light body to defend ball screens and switch out top, contain smaller guards whenever he is force to do so, yet also have the awareness as a secondary line defender. Switching sides of the ball, the son of Thurl, Bailey has a killer jumper game that he can hit both off the catch and off the bounce. His handles aren’t too shabby either and in need of just some more strength gain in order to keep his line to the basket more easily, Bailey noted that he is pretty much set on taking a mission trip next fall and thus, will be quite the special 2018 freshman a few years down the road.

- See more at: http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3018#.dpuf

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/18/6875e4418271560c25be5f03fa3d63a8.jpg

exclusivelee
08-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
Brendan Bailey, son of Thurl, will visit Marquette Saturday-Monday. Will do a 2-year Mormon mission after this season.

Brendan Bailey has 2 official visits remaining after visiting Marquette this weekend. He's already taken official visits to San Diego State and UConn. Gonzaga and Arizona seem to be the next most likely to receive official visits, but Utah, Michigan, and Arizona State also may be in the mix. I guess he has officially decided to take a mission and arrive in college as a freshman in 2018

More on Brendan from PGU: http://pointguardu.com/2016-brendan-bailey-drawing-attention/

exclusivelee
08-14-2015, 06:46 PM
Gonzaga makes the cut for Brendan Bailey's top 5. UConn is out. Bailey intends to visit GU within first couple weeks on October:

"We're scheduling a visit with Gonzaga for the first or second week of October," Bailey said. "I probably won't take an official to Utah since it's in my backyard and I've seen everything there."

Bailey broke down his five finalists.

Gonzaga: "I went there for a team camp with my high school team. I'm really close with coach (Brian) Michaelson and I also spent a lot of time with coach (Mark) Few. They develop you, they're structured, they always make the tournament and they always have a tough pre-season schedule."

More at the link: http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1574501-brendan-bailey-down-to-five

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/14/84b1a00ac0740a0736bb62c4d80e6834.jpg

hooter73
08-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Oh and they've got NBA point guards and Centers that come out and do the camps, shoot around, play pick up games...

I know every school has that but Im biased :)

gonzagafan62
08-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Bailey is going to have his official visit with Gonzaga during Kraziness at the Kennel

DixieZag
08-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Bailey is going to have his official visit with Gonzaga during Kraziness at the Kennel

Well, that should work just fine, thank you much. Dial in clear skies, high of 62, fun fall colors all over.....

I really want this guy. High 4 star recruit, BB family, good kid

kitzbuel
08-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Well, that should work just fine, thank you much. Dial in clear skies, high of 62, fun fall colors all over.....

I really want this guy. High 4 star recruit, BB family, good kid

It should be a good reunion.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/109918846-john-stockton-and-thurl-bailey-of-the-utah-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=lGnjDs01aeQKqjld9R%2FRaY92ZHbD6QUAS4bEebwDC3q8PW EpdK7sBzpY8HueyQVe9OWr2JmS9hTMgqgZl2BFWY2caLMHPXsn 6dFlTXpsRKE%3D

bigblahla
08-18-2015, 07:19 PM
It's obvious this is a superior kid and player. I'd go after him hard.....like REAL hard. Pritchard look fabulous. I'm predicting success with Bailey. He'd solve a lot of problems in the next few years. I'm think Mark is working hard to get him. Hate to be a droll cheerleader but with what we have now and with these new faces, there is no reason we can't be in the E 8 or FF. In some ways it's frightening to see how far this program's come in the past 15-16 years.
In the 90's and in the period 2000-2005, we were all fearful that the bottom could fall out year to year.........you all remember "the little school that might"........every smaller school was the "next" GU. Well, it seems our consistency matter even without a FF. Just so grateful the coaches and administration kept pushing. Only one GU. Only one.

Well put Doc...

Go!! Zags!!!

Zagdawg
08-18-2015, 07:32 PM
What are some of the positives that might lead to Bailey joining the Zag family?

1. The John Stockton and Thurl Bailey connection
2. The Collins connection
3. Good relationship with Coach Few
4. Visit is scheduled with Collins during Kraziness......students have an opportunity to make an impression
5. Jesse Wade connection? Experience with the mission also

What else?

DixieZag
08-18-2015, 08:17 PM
What are some of the positives that might lead to Bailey joining the Zag family?

4. Visit is scheduled with Collins during Kraziness......students have an opportunity to make an impression

What else?

Good list.

If one throws in the boiler plate applying factors that are positive to every kid:

Tourney every year
Rock Star status in the city
First class travel like Pac-Big 12-ACC juggarnauts
Coaching that develops the kid

Yeah, good list.

Great to make inroads into the SLC valley. I've noted before, Utah had more top 100 players than Oregon/WA/CA combined. That won't happen every year, but, up and coming recruiting bed.

GonzagasaurusFlex
08-19-2015, 04:33 AM

What else?

The alumni players who keep coming back to the program in summer to ball and number of former Zags enjoying professional careers.

My dream is to see this year's team take Coach Few to the Final Four and CBS cameras panning through the crowd showing all the former Zags who came out to the game to support Coach Few and ZagNation!

Zagceo
08-19-2015, 11:32 AM
The alumni players who keep coming back to the program in summer to ball and number of former Zags enjoying professional careers.

My dream is to see this year's team take Coach Few to the Final Four and CBS cameras panning through the crowd showing all the former Zags who came out to the game to support Coach Few and ZagNation!

Nice post

ZionZag
08-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Hey Dix.....Bailey doesn't live in the SLC valley.......nor does Jesse but I know what you mean. Frank Jackson does live close but it looks like Duke will swallow him up.

Good list.

If one throws in the boiler plate applying factors that are positive to every kid:

Tourney every year
Rock Star status in the city
First class travel like Pac-Big 12-ACC juggarnauts
Coaching that develops the kid

Yeah, good list.

Great to make inroads into the SLC valley. I've noted before, Utah had more top 100 players than Oregon/WA/CA combined. That won't happen every year, but, up and coming recruiting bed.

gonzagafan62
08-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Hey Dix.....Bailey doesn't live in the SLC valley.......nor does Jesse but I know what you mean. Frank Jackson does live close but it looks like Duke will swallow him up.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2015/8/20/9182473/brendan-bailey-talks-gonzaga

Brendan Bailey breaks down why Gonzaga is in his Top 5.

gonzagafan62
08-20-2015, 08:00 AM
http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2015/8/20/9182473/brendan-bailey-talks-gonzaga

Brendan Bailey breaks down why Gonzaga is in his Top 5.

"I've become close with Zach (Collins) this summer and he has been talking to me about coming to Gonzaga. Jesse (Wade) and I have known each other for a long time. I think that knowing people going into college would be just amazing since you wouldn't feel out of place and it would just make you more comfortable around everything."

LOVE this quote from him too. Sounds promising. Come on baby! Come to GU

hooter73
08-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Oh man thats awesome. Really cool stuff. Dont know how that all compares to someplace like Michigan, but for once maybe we can say Spokane has better weather than a competing school :roll:

DixieZag
08-20-2015, 11:04 AM

Where are they from? Provo? Park City? I was sort of counting that as SLC valley. I should have just said Utah. I loved my couple of years living downtown there.-

Nowadays, such a great recruiting area. Good job.

TheZagPhish
08-20-2015, 11:47 AM
"They will develop you and make you a better player and a smarter player. The success they have had with guys like me has been good and that is something that you always have to look for. If a school is not used to having someone like you, it can make you just an experiment or a project if they don't know what they are doing. I know Gonzaga has had a lot of success with my skill type."

http://cl.ly/cS3x/smiling-excitement.gif

BBarton
08-24-2015, 03:28 PM
Where are they from? Provo? Park City? I was sort of counting that as SLC valley. I should have just said Utah. I loved my couple of years living downtown there.-

Nowadays, such a great recruiting area. Good job.

Thought I might shed some light on Bailey as I am a Utah HS Basketball observer and have watched him play numerous times. He lives in American Fork, 20 mi to BYU and 30 miles to U of U. He seems to be is a really good kid, high character. He would fit in nicely in Spokane. As most of you know here. He is Thurl Bailey son. He has good IQ for the game and a good feel. Currently he is 6-8 and about 185. Most of the stats show 195+ but those are probably slightly high. He is a good shooter and has good handles with very good court awareness. He is an intriguing prospect because of his dad and his potential upside. The Key for Bailey is he needs to grow 2-3 inches. Don't know if he will or not but I have heard that he was held back a grade so is a year older than most of his HS counterparts.

Most observers in Utah don't have the kid rated nearly as high as ESPN, Rivals or Scout. In fact most here believe him to be a 2.5-3* recruit. He has struggled in High School (As many top AAU player do) basketball here. He has shot in the high 30's FG and low 30's on 3pt and in the low 80% FT (according to his HS Stats sheet). At times he is an excellent shooter, but mostly pretty streaky. He relies heavily on shooting the 3 ball, and struggles to get to the rim off the bounce. He has some good post moves but doesn't get into the post very often.

He is 6-8 but not particularly long 6-10 wing span, and not long legged. He definitely looks the part of an elite player. However, he is by D1 standard an average athlete, and match up well against the WCC SF and PF. Part of the issues is that is not to strong at this point of his career. He needs to put on a lot of muscle, and an LDS mission could help his maturity there. The second part of the issue is that anatomically he doesn't have a great build or great feet to be an elite athlete. He is not explosive and an average leaper.

Most HS observer are a little puzzled why he is rated so high. Perhaps we will find out this winter that he has improved tremendously. If he is shooting well from 3PT he is a very good player, however he isn't quick enough to guard the 2 or 3 unless you are talking about a WCC SF. then he would be okay. He won't be able to stay with most PAC-12 SF or SG. That is why the consensus is that he needs 2-3 more inches and some weight to play at the 4. If he can grow and gain some muscle he can be a really good stretch 4 at the next level. Ironically, his first offer was BYU however, that was mostly due to his heritage and hope that he would become a better athlete over time. The word is now that BYU would not re-offer after the ASU decommit as he didn't seem to get more athletic over time.

Here is a publication as of March 2015 that sums up most Utah HS Basketball observers have seen the past two years:

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-cougars-basketball/2015/3/25/8286221/recruiting-herb-sendek-fired-arizona-state-frank-jackson-brendan-bailey-gavin-baxter

GonzagasaurusFlex
08-24-2015, 04:09 PM
Thought I might shed some light on Bailey as I am a Utah HS Basketball observer and have watched him play numerous times. He lives in American Fork, 20 mi to BYU and 30 miles to U of U. He seems to be is a really good kid, high character. He would fit in nicely in Spokane. As most of you know here. He is Thurl Bailey son. He has good IQ for the game and a good feel. Currently he is 6-8 and about 185. Most of the stats show 195+ but those are probably slightly high. He is a good shooter and has good handles with very good court awareness. He is an intriguing prospect because of his dad and his potential upside. The Key for Bailey is he needs to grow 2-3 inches. Don't know if he will or not but I have heard that he was held back a grade so is a year older than most of his HS counterparts.

Most observers in Utah don't have the kid rated nearly as high as ESPN, Rivals or Scout. In fact most here believe him to be a 2.5-3* recruit. He has struggled in High School (As many top AAU player do) basketball here. He has shot in the high 30's FG and low 30's on 3pt and in the low 80% FT (according to his HS Stats sheet). At times he is an excellent shooter, but mostly pretty streaky. He relies heavily on shooting the 3 ball, and struggles to get to the rim off the bounce. He has some good post moves but doesn't get into the post very often.

He is 6-8 but not particularly long 6-10 wing span, and not long legged. He definitely looks the part of an elite player. However, he is by D1 standard an average athlete, and match up well against the WCC SF and PF. Part of the issues is that is not to strong at this point of his career. He needs to put on a lot of muscle, and an LDS mission could help his maturity there. The second part of the issue is that anatomically he doesn't have a great build or great feet to be an elite athlete. He is not explosive and an average leaper.

Most HS observer are a little puzzled why he is rated so high. Perhaps we will find out this winter that he has improved tremendously. If he is shooting well from 3PT he is a very good player, however he isn't quick enough to guard the 2 or 3 unless you are talking about a WCC SF. then he would be okay. He won't be able to stay with most PAC-12 SF or SG. That is why the consensus is that he needs 2-3 more inches and some weight to play at the 4. If he can grow and gain some muscle he can be a really good stretch 4 at the next level. Ironically, his first offer was BYU however, that was mostly due to his heritage and hope that he would become a better athlete over time. The word is now that BYU would not re-offer after the ASU decommit as he didn't seem to get more athletic over time.

Here is a publication as of March 2015 that sums up most Utah HS Basketball observers have seen the past two years:

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-cougars-basketball/2015/3/25/8286221/recruiting-herb-sendek-fired-arizona-state-frank-jackson-brendan-bailey-gavin-baxter

Welcome to the Board BBarton.....good stuff and thanks for the link backing up your info that Bailey may be overrated. IMHO, that would make him an even better fit for the Zags as and LDS mission, hard work and player development at GU may just help him reach his full potential!

jazzdelmar
08-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the hands on info. It's amazing how the legend of Bailey has grown on this board, almost completely without documentation or eyewitness accounts.

Zagdawg
08-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Reading the article ---funny how a BYU writer might put down a recruit located in Utah that did not choose BYU-- he almost sounds like some of the folks on our board here.

I guess we will need to wait and see why a program like Arizona saw enough in him to offer a scholarship -- maybe they don't know talent like some on this board (;) -- yes sarcasm alert.

Time will tell if he can develop some more and work his way into a solid program.

"Dream Vision small forward Brendan Bailey (6-feet, 9-inches) averaged nearly a double-double with 15 points and nine boards per outing at the Dallas stage of the 2015 Gauntlet Series (38% from 3)."

http://utahvalley360.com/2015/02/18/brendan-bailey-feature/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aHMvswpwdw

From the June top 100 camp top performers:

"Brendan Bailey, 2016 SF, Dream Vision: A player with tremendous upside, Bailey is fast becoming one of the best players out West. The 6-foot-7 wing isn't bashful about letting shots fly, which is okay, because he is an excellent perimeter shooter. He is an active wing with a high basketball IQ. He will continue to blossom and will surely enter our national rankings by the end of summer."

BBarton
08-24-2015, 07:23 PM
No doubt Bailey is a good basketball player. My observation is that he may find it difficult to play at the level of Gonzaga (which equates with the top of the PAC-12 teams). He certainly doesn't have the athletic ability of Arizona, UCLA or Oregon Players. Athletically Gonzaga may be slightly below those teams, but makes up for it with great big men, heady point guards and better coaching. I would say that he is less athletic than the average GU wing. He just doesn't seem like a 4* guy to most observers here. Maybe he gets some favorable treatment due to his connections, or maybe he shows better in the AAU system than HS. Or I may just be flat out wrong.

BBarton
08-24-2015, 07:55 PM
I watched the link of Bailey posted by Zagdawg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aHMvswpwdw

Then I watched Angel Nunez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hEEeR1uwog

Watch both of those clips and give me your opinion.

Angel was a composite 3*

Bailey is a compsite 4*

If I watch those two clips there is no doubt in my mind that Nunez is an explosive player that shoot the 3, slashes to the rim and DUNKS.

Bailey's clip show at least 3 games highlights and there are no dunks, no drives to the basket. Just mostly 3's and midrange jumpers. Before I looked up Nunez's star rating I would have guessed he was much higher than Bailey.

I guess it is just a crap shoot anyways as Nunez doesn't look like he worked out too well in college.

Zagdawg
08-24-2015, 08:15 PM
For a kid who grew 4+ inches last year and is still getting used to his body (moving from a guard to a forward and learning the position)--he looks ok to me. Still working on getting used to the growth. I'm thinking that he will be fine given another year of getting used to his body and development--as mentioned previously --the mission will really help with his body catching up with the growth.

His birth date is 6/9/98 --which would put him in the 2016 class

Just out of curiosity BBarton --what school are you a fan of? are you a Utah or San Diego St guy?

BBarton
08-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Oregon Native and Duck supporter.

exclusivelee
08-26-2015, 06:14 AM
New mixtape. 45 days until Kraziness in the Kennel and when Brendan Bailey takes his official visit. Happy to have Zach Collins join him for that visit, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?a=&feature=youtu.be&v=Mbsq96kiG70&app=desktop

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/26/f35ef99e1dbf80fa8cf3ab680d4f1719.jpg

hooter73
08-26-2015, 07:53 AM
Ok, my take:
Obviously he needs muscle and due to his height, he generally just shoots over people. That wont work in college ball as a forward. Maybe a wing, but if he keeps growing, a forward. Now, what I really like is how quick his shot is. its not the Ravio fast release, but the kid has a confidence to his outside shot that keeps him from hesitating or needing to really wind it up, that will work in college ball, especially on switching mismatches. He sees the floor well and will shoot from anywhere. High release point although not a ton of elevation on his jump shots.. but when youre 6'8 you arent used to needing to elevate like a 6' guard would. Defense and rebounding are still unknowns but he is/was high on a lot of peoples radar for a reason.

IowaSERE
08-26-2015, 08:40 AM
I cant decide if he reminds me more of Daye or Nunez.

hooter73
08-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Length of both without the athleticism of either. A pretty different player from those two. More polished than Nunez without the moves and not quite the shooting touch of Daye but already with way more of a post game.

Worthington
08-27-2015, 12:28 AM
Agree with BBarton that Bailey is being overrated by the recruiting services. He is a ways away from being able to contribute to a high major college team. Looks more like a redshirt candidate than a four star recruit. Not to say that the potential isn't there, but he needs to bulk up desperately and improve his athleticism if he's going to be playing on the wing. The coaches know what they're doing when they offer somebody, but if we're lucky enough to pick up a commitment from Bailey I just wouldn't expect him to come in and play big minutes right away. He's obviously more impressive physically and does more in the midrange, but watching him shoot from outside on his highlight reel actually reminded me of Drew Barham somewhat.

ZagaZags
08-27-2015, 12:58 AM
Agree with BBarton that Bailey is being overrated by the recruiting services. He is a ways away from being able to contribute to a high major college team. Looks more like a redshirt candidate than a four star recruit. Not to say that the potential isn't there, but he needs to bulk up desperately and improve his athleticism if he's going to be playing on the wing. The coaches know what they're doing when they offer somebody, but if we're lucky enough to pick up a commitment from Bailey I just wouldn't expect him to come in and play big minutes right away. He's obviously more impressive physically and does more in the midrange, but watching him shoot from outside on his highlight reel actually reminded me of Drew Barham somewhat.

Keep in mind, Bailey will take a two year mission and will be available for the 2018 season.

zag67
08-27-2015, 05:22 AM
Hopefully he comes and if he does maybe the strength coach can give him some hints before going on the mission. Then he would be back bulked up and ready to learn

hooter73
08-27-2015, 07:12 AM
I know it sounds like we are throwing out a lot of negatives, but we really would be lucky to get Bailey here at GU... just to clarify:)

Zagdawg
08-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Gotta agree--- some fans are starting to sound like UW fans......he is only the #61 ranked recruit in the nation -- why would we even want him here (yes sarcasm again).

He grows 4 inches in a year and moves from a guard to a forward --the mission will give his body time to catch up.

He may be a bit overrated --but his upside is worth the scholly and the wait.

We should be happy to have him as a Zag.

Go Zags

cggonzaga
08-27-2015, 11:09 AM
Anybody originally committed to Arizona has talent. They don't just take anybody. I would love for him to be a Zag. Could be another Austin Daye.

ProjectMKUltra5
08-27-2015, 11:11 AM
I'd be more hesitant if Bailey was coming in 16 but the fact that he wouldn't get here til 18 makes him an automatic take. Giving his (obviously) still growing body some more time to fill out and mature will do wonders for him at the next level imo.

jazzdelmar
08-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Anybody originally committed to Arizona has talent. They don't just take anybody. I would love for him to be a Zag. Could be another Austin Daye.

Zona State.

sittingon50
08-27-2015, 11:32 AM
I would take the kid on bloodlines alone. Dad is 1st rate.

Zagdawg
08-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Zone state commit and Arizona offer.

cjm720
08-27-2015, 03:09 PM

+1...add size, frame, 2 year mission to mature, natural wing position. I can't imagine him not being a very successful Zag.

DixieZag
08-27-2015, 06:56 PM

+2

Going with basketball families has done us a huge service over the years - Pargo, Olynick, Pangos, Stocks, Sacre, Sabonis, (that's just the S's) Wiltjer, I'm sure I'm missing many. IMO it goes well beyond blood (that, too - of course) but the environment growing up.

BBarton
08-28-2015, 07:30 AM
+2

Going with basketball families has done us a huge service over the years - Pargo, Olynick, Pangos, Stocks, Sacre, Sabonis, (that's just the S's) Wiltjer, I'm sure I'm missing many. IMO it goes well beyond blood (that, too - of course) but the environment growing up.

That is probably his #1 attribute. Bailey has the bloodlines with certain belief/expectation that he will be good. That is important... Great player? that is still dependent on a lot of factors, but he's probably good enough to start for 2 years at Gonzaga.

Zagdawg
08-28-2015, 08:13 AM
Going from a "less than average GU wing" and unable to guard pac 12 guys to "good enough to start for 2 years at Gonzaga" in the span of a week--sounds like he is already making some great improvements----good to hear. ;)

Best of luck to Brendan and his further development.

Go Zags

Coach Crazy
08-29-2015, 07:17 AM
Meh. It's scouting from the state of Utah, though. I wasn't a big fan of the kid, until a certain point. Now that I am back in the Beehive state, I'll probably make it out to a few of his games and see how he looks.

hooter73
08-29-2015, 07:29 AM
Seeing what his growth and improvement looks like this high school basketball season may tell a big story one way or another.

Coach Crazy
08-29-2015, 09:12 AM
Seeing what his growth and improvement looks like this high school basketball season may tell a big story one way or another.

It can, but just from what I've seen, I've become a fan...and I wasn't impressed until relatively recently. His high school footage was indeed not impressive. But it can also be really hard to gauge between HS and AAU. I guess I just trust what I see, and myself, and am skeptical when someone tells me something that doesn't align with that.

I haven't really seen an assessment that gives us an in-depth idea of his high school and AAU circumstances, and why he is unsuccessful more so in one, than the other. AAU can be an awful set up for players, but high school (such as in most parts of Utah) can also be detrimental. I could write paragraphs on it, but I won't. Maybe I'll watch him play in a few games and think the same as these Utah scouts?

But as of now, I am a fan. And it's not super easy to sway me. I tend to scrutinize on a level that frustrates other people on these types of boards.

ProjectMKUltra5
08-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Vance Jackson>>>>>>>Brendan Bailey

Like I said though I don't have a problem stashing Bailey away til 18

BBarton
08-31-2015, 09:48 AM
Going from a "less than average GU wing" and unable to guard pac 12 guys to "good enough to start for 2 years at Gonzaga" in the span of a week--sounds like he is already making some great improvements----good to hear. ;)

Best of luck to Brendan and his further development.

Go Zags

Definitely Bailey won't be able to guard PAC-12 wings. But guys from Saint Mary's , BYU and USF he should be good there. It will really depend on how much he grows between now and 2018. I think that most likely he'll be a stretch 4. Unfortunately, people don't get more athletic over time. His athletic ability is what it is. He may get taller, but generally gaining height reduces speed, quickness and jumping ability. There are a few freaks but he is not one of them.

Bouldin4Prez
08-31-2015, 10:03 AM
Definitely Bailey won't be able to guard PAC-12 wings. But guys from Saint Mary's , BYU and USF he should be good there. It will really depend on how much he grows between now and 2018. I think that most likely he'll be a stretch 4. Unfortunately, people don't get more athletic over time. His athletic ability is what it is. He may get taller, but generally gaining height reduces speed, quickness and jumping ability. There are a few freaks but he is not one of them.

I'm not sure if you know how gaining muscle mass works but if he puts on 15 pounds of muscle it will do exactly what you think it won't do. If he puts time in the weight room and adds some mass, he will jump higher, move quicker, get to where he wants to be on the floor and be able to hold his position much easier at the next level.

ZagsObserver
08-31-2015, 10:40 AM
I'm not sure if you know how gaining muscle mass works but if he puts on 15 pounds of muscle it will do exactly what you think it won't do. If he puts time in the weight room and adds some mass, he will jump higher, move quicker, get to where he wants to be on the floor and be able to hold his position much easier at the next level.

I can't agree with you there. Adding mass and muscle do not generally increase one's vertical or quickness. It does quite the opposite. It does allow a big man to maintain position better and out-muscle opponents.

seacatfan
08-31-2015, 10:58 AM
I can't agree with you there. Adding mass and muscle do not generally increase one's vertical or quickness. It does quite the opposite. It does allow a big man to maintain position better and out-muscle opponents.

I guess it's variable, but I STRONGLY disagree with you! I gained about 30 lbs. from end of high school to about halfway thru soph year of college, mostly muscle, got really into bodybuilding. My vert increased. Increasing muscle mass leads to increased explosiveness. Have you watched NFL draft combines? There are some very large human beings that can run quite fast, and some of them are fairly nimble/quick footed. Being muscular does not equate to being a slow oaf.

Bouldin4Prez
08-31-2015, 11:05 AM
Have you seen Bailey? The guy is a twig at this point in his career. Adding muscle to his frame is only going to increase his explosiveness. When a guy like LeBron is already 250 and then puts on 20 pounds then I agree that said player's quickness and vertical might see some negative effects. But in Bailey's case, 10-20 lbs is exactly what he needs to increase his athleticism.

ZagsObserver
08-31-2015, 11:18 AM
Have you seen Bailey? The guy is a twig at this point in his career. Adding muscle to his frame is only going to increase his explosiveness. When a guy like LeBron is already 250 and then puts on 20 pounds then I agree that said player's quickness and vertical might see some negative effects. But in Bailey's case, 10-20 lbs is exactly what he needs to increase his athleticism.

It absolutely increases explosiveness in football. Explosiveness and quickness are two very different things. Marshawn is explosive, meech was quick. Adding muscle to meech would not increase his quickness

seacatfan
08-31-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm confused how quickness and explosiveness are completely different.

Bronbron seems to be able to get well above the rim just fine still, however big he is currently.

SageOfZagville
08-31-2015, 11:53 AM

Here is a case to enforce this. Sean Mallon was explosive in High School, he dunked a lot, blocked shots and was quick off his feet. As a Zag, the coaches asked him to put on weight so he could play power forward. After doing this and gaining 30 lbs. of muscle, he was not nearly as quick off his feet, and his rebounding, dunking and shot blocking suffered. As ZagsObserver has noted, he was able to bang with the bigger post players as a result. I work closely with a member of Sean's family and I would tell them that it was my observation that he was perhaps putting on too much muscle, and that it was affecting him negatively. After two years of telling them this, that family member came to me and said that the coaches approached Sean and told him the same thing. They wanted him to lose some of the muscle mass and shed about 20 pounds. By this time it was too late in his career to really make a difference. In some cases putting on muscle does not help, in others, it makes a world of difference.

ZagsObserver
08-31-2015, 12:06 PM
I'm confused how quickness and explosiveness are completely different.

Bronbron seems to be able to get well above the rim just fine still, however big he is currently.

Explosiveness is quick bursts of speed with a lot of power. Think power clean in lifting. Quickness is the ability to move in most or all directions rapidly, usually with more sustaining ability. You want your corner back to be quick. And you want your power running back to be explosive.

Bouldin4Prez
08-31-2015, 12:13 PM
Explosiveness is quick bursts of speed with a lot of power. Think power clean in lifting. Quickness is the ability to move in most or all directions rapidly, usually with more sustaining ability. You want your corner back to be quick. And you want your power running back to be explosive.

So following your logic.

You want your guards to be quick. You want your wings/bigs to be explosive.

Let's put some weight on him and get his explosiveness up.

On a side note, Sean Mallon didn't add 30 lbs of muscle at any point in his career. He may have been put on 30 lbs but I guarantee you it wasn't 30 lbs of muscle.

SageOfZagville
08-31-2015, 01:32 PM
On a side note, Sean Mallon didn't add 30 lbs of muscle at any point in his career. He may have been put on 30 lbs but I guarantee you it wasn't 30 lbs of muscle.

So you can guarantee this how?

Sean came to Gonzaga at between 205-210 lbs. and worked very hard at gaining muscle mass to bang with the Omar Samhan's and the John Bryant's. He ended up at 235 lbs of which he replaced the baby fat of high school with muscle.

As you can see from his High School playing days and being a top 100 recruit, he was much quicker and explosive to the rim than at Gonzaga. In this clip he scores 44 pts and has several dunks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npFwcDb_6Xk

Here are photos of Sean at Gonzaga. Much more muscular
(I can't seem to get my dropbox to share the photos)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq6ss67ha6pc0fd/dl-web.dropbox.com%20%281%29.url?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whgtghdig9df8az/dl-web.dropbox.com.url?dl=0

Observers who watched the summer workouts would often comment on the noticeable transformation of Sean.

Bouldin4Prez
08-31-2015, 02:15 PM
Because Kevin Love and Serge Ibaka are both 6'10 240 and have completely different body types than Sean Mallon did.

seacatfan
08-31-2015, 02:54 PM

I'm trying, but I'm still not really getting it. Seems like the difference is the mass, but both include accelerating quickly. Or let me put it this way--it's hard to be quick without being explosive.

seacatfan
08-31-2015, 02:55 PM
Mallon was a good example. I'd say though if you undergo a strength training program and get an increase in size and muscle mass without getting more explosive, you did it wrong. Mallon would be the exception, not the rule.

seacatfan
08-31-2015, 02:57 PM
Because Kevin Love and Serge Ibaka are both 6'10 240 and have completely different body types than Sean Mallon did.

Love is an example I thought of earlier. During high school and his one year at UCLA he was fairly plodding. He completely physically transformed himself once he got into the NBA, fairly well shooting holes in the argument that you can't get more athletic. He certainly did. GU's very own Kelly Olynk underwent a significant transformation as well.

BBarton
08-31-2015, 03:10 PM

Yes muscle mass will facilitate quicker movements, and jumping to a very slight degree. However, explosive fast movements are mostly determined by the ratio of fast twitch to slow twitch muscle fiber (a biopsy will confirm that ratio). Most elite athletes (e.g. world class sprinters and jumpers) have a higher percentage of fast twitch muscle fiber. This is by far the reason for leaping ability, quickness, speed. Fast twitch ratio of most high level sprinters is between 70-85%. Some studies have show that a small % can be transformed from one type to another but...You are what you are. Usain Bolt is probably 75%+ fast twitch. Bailey looks to be a 50/50 type athlete. Weights won't make a significant difference to an already well trained athlete. If a guy was fat or out of shape weights would do wonders, but not for a lean fit and well conditioned athlete.

An Article regarding muscle fiber and sprinters/marathoners:

http://running.competitor.com/2014/02/training/how-do-muscle-fibers-determine-speed_67060

seacatfan
08-31-2015, 03:28 PM
Good call on fast twitch vs. slow twitch muscle fibers. Certainly a significant factor.

mgadfly
09-01-2015, 02:53 PM
I was an assistant coach in the GSL back when Mallon was playing, and I never thought of him as especially quick or explosive. I thought he was a fantastic player with good strength and great touch and certainly not a slouch athletically, but he stood apart for his other qualities, at least in my opinion.

Explosive = how quick and powerful your first step is, how high and quick you can jump, how hard you hit.

Quickness = how much time it takes to go from zero to top speed, how well you move laterally, how well you change directions, and how often you can hit.

Changing directions is impacted dramatically by the mass a person has to deal with. A 6'5" 285 lbs DE in the NFL may be explosive but even if a crazy athlete he won't be able to get the mass moving in another direction as quickly as a smaller athlete with similar fast twitch fiber.

exclusivelee
09-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Brendan Bailey held in-home visits with Gonzaga and San Diego State yesterday:

29 days until Brendan's official visit (along with another visit from Zach Collins) for Kraziness in the Kennel

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 Sep 9
Gonzaga and San Diego State will place in home visits to 2016 American Fork wing Brendan Bailey tomorrow

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 23h23 hours ago Ross Township, PA
Fresh off the McDaniels commitment, San Diego State will have an in-home with 16 American Fork wing Brendan Bailey; Gonzaga will follow suit

PoP ‏@PremierBall 16h16 hours ago
Gonzaga & San Diego St coaches were in to see 2016 6'7 SG Brendan Bailey; American Fork HS (NV) @brendanbailey35
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COlNrbRUsAAoIn5.jpg

hooter73
09-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Man if we could get Norvell here for a visit during a game at the same time as Collins and Bailey...

exclusivelee
09-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Looks like Bailey will take his 4th official visit to Michigan in 11 days. He had more in-home visits with Michigan, Utah, & Marquette in the last few days. Bailey will likely take an unofficial visit to Utah before and/or after his official visit to Gonzaga Oct 10 and before making his college decision and sign in mid November

PoP @PremierBall - 5:25pm - 15 Sep 15
Michigan HC Beilein had home visit with 6'8 SG Brendan Bailey "He's is very genuine coach!" visit Sept. 26th

PoP @PremierBall - 4:41pm - 14 Sep 15
Utah entire staff was in to visit 2016 6'8 SG Brendan Bailey (UT) today. "Utah came well prepared"! #pac12 @brendanbailey35

PoP @PremierBall - 4:39pm - 14 Sep 15
Marquette entire staff was in to visit 2016 6'8 SG Brendan Bailey (UT) last Friday. Marquette gaining ground. #bigEast @brendanbailey35

MDABE80
09-15-2015, 06:05 PM
Good call on fast twitch vs. slow twitch muscle fibers. Certainly a significant factor.

This is why Errol was always having leg problems and muscle tear. Way too much fast twitch.

exclusivelee
09-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Zags coaching staff & the Collins better bring out all the stops for Brendan's visit next weekend (Oct 9) for Kraziness in the Kennel. Michigan offered him while he was there for an official visit last weekend... gonna be a tough to land:

Chris Balas ‏@Balas_Wolverine Sep 29
Brendan @brendanbailey35 Bailey closing in on a decision, enjoyed Mich. Gonzaga next Oct. 9 https://michigan.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=883&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1808260

PoP ‏@PremierBall 21h21 hours ago
2016 6'8 SG Brendan Bailey recruitment continues to heat up. "..Michigan visit over the weekend was very impressive"

Sam Webb ‏@SamWebb77 Sep 27
Hearing #Michigan has offered 2016 American Fork (Utah) SF Brendan Bailey. On an official visit in Ann Arbor this weekend

Salt Lake Rebels ‏@SaltLakeRebels Sep 26
American Fork: Should be a preseason top 10 team in the state lead by @brendanbailey35 who has multiple D-1 offers.

PoP ‏@PremierBall Sep 25
Michigan hosting 2016 6'8 SG Brendan Bailey; American Fork (UT) on an official. "Small feet, touch and *protential!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQH1WxkUsAAiV0a.jpg

exclusivelee
10-08-2015, 08:20 PM
SSF's chat with Brendan heading into his visit to Spokane: http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2015/10/8/9484729/zags-set-to-host-brendan-bailey

Scout's interview with Brendan regarding his recent trip to Michigan & more on his timetable: http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1596715-u-m-makes-strong-impression-on-bailey-pt-1

Make sure you give both the articles a read...

Perhaps Bailey won't take the previously planned unofficial visit to Utah. Looks like he should make his decision soon after this next detour to Zagville... Hope John Stockton has time to catch up with his former Jazz teammate Thurl Bailey (Brendan's dad). The Collins have a good relationship with the Baileys so that helps, too. Sabonis, NWG, JW3, Melson, & Edwards should exhaust their eligibility by Spring 2018, so 2018 should be an important recruiting class. Hope we reel in Brendan for a strong start to it.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/08/4faa641e8f50a117ad5bd939206eec8f.jpg

Hogan
10-08-2015, 08:43 PM
For me a good example of quickness vs explosiveness is Raivio. Very quick. Not very explosive.

DixieZag
10-09-2015, 12:05 PM
As I recall - today is the day that Bailey arrives.

Nice day outside.

Coach Crazy
10-09-2015, 02:18 PM
As I recall - today is the day that Bailey arrives.

Nice day outside.

Hope this is the last stop he needs. Gotta get Zack and himself. Would be huge.

Mantua
10-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Gonzaga Guru tweet

Gonzaga has attracted major talent for Kraziness in the Kennel this weekend: @zcollins_33, @brendanbailey35, & a mystery international star

doctorzag
10-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Richard Freudenberg 6-8 forward Germany?

jazzdelmar
10-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Richard Freudenberg 6-8 forward Germany?

Not exactly an international star. A Monning-Keita clone?

zag67
10-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Jazz, (IMO) I think that he would be a good player to redshirt next year. He is only 16.

cggonzaga
10-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Hope he's a guard type.

Coach Crazy
10-10-2015, 04:39 AM
Hope he's a guard type.

He must be a 95%er. The only player that I can really think of, at the moment, (but I didn't recall him being an international star) is Brunk Skokna. Plus, it's early, so I may be unawares of reasons why that is not possible. When I think star I think about guys like Tai Wynyard(Though not him specifically, for obvious reason). Unless of course that international star isn't a recruit, but a recruiting element. Some years ago I would have said Matuesz Ponitka, but he's already a pro, so not him.

exclusivelee
10-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Checking in on it.

It's not Richard Freudenberg

Gonzaga has increased interest in 2016 6'5 Australian guard Kieran Hayward, but it's not him either

ZagAddict
10-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Shouldn't we keep this thread about Brendan Bailey? I'm interested in how the visit is going this weekend. I think Brendan would be a terrific player at GU, and I'm hoping everything is going well.

We can start another thread regarding the latest mystery recruit if we need to discuss it...

exclusivelee
10-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Gotta love this. This dominant duo of former Dreamvision AAU teammates need to share the court for Gonzaga.

Mike Collins @TandZsDad
@zcollins_33 @brendanbailey35 in for #Kraziness #ZAGS http://t.co/Qnjv2k7ceA
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/10/8580656afe1724ffecada5730ce05820.jpg

jazzdelmar
10-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Now that's a great looking picture.

Coach Crazy
10-10-2015, 03:53 PM

Indeed. Get that pen to paper.

Zagceo
10-10-2015, 04:21 PM

From that picture……….. just a couple normal size college students. :)

jazzdelmar
10-10-2015, 04:44 PM
From that picture……….. just a couple normal size college students. :)

Right. Depends where you put the vanishing point.

ZagAddict
10-12-2015, 07:44 AM
Any word on how the visit went? It's been quiet regarding BB's weekend in Spokane.

exclusivelee
10-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Unfortunate, but still enough time to recruit the incoming group of 2018

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/20/a6c4b3f4b98c1652587f5345b9537cbd.jpg

gonstu
10-20-2015, 03:22 PM
d'oh!

basketballzag
10-20-2015, 03:31 PM
Best of luck to him but Marquette?????:confused:

exclusivelee
10-20-2015, 03:43 PM
When Brendan commit to Arizona State, Stan Johnson was their lead recruiter. ASU rebuilt their staff after canning Herb Sendek and Stan Johnson became an assistant at Marquette

MDABE80
10-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Simple enough Lee. No worries guys. This one's over. Best wishes to this fine young man.

hooter73
10-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Never hit the ball you dont swing for. Understandable decision for this nice young man.

basketballzag
10-20-2015, 03:57 PM
When Brendan commit to Arizona State, Stan Johnson was their lead recruiter. ASU rebuilt their staff after canning Herb Sendek and Stan Johnson became an assistant at Marquette

This makes a ton of sense now. Best of luck to him and hope he does terrific things at Marquette.

Bogozags
10-20-2015, 04:45 PM

Wow, thought this was in the "bag"...first I have seen this posted...it's a shame we didn't land him but wish him the best in all he does in the future...:)

jazzdelmar
10-20-2015, 04:57 PM
That dwarf can recruit. Extra credit for the run at Koachs job.

ZagaZags
10-20-2015, 07:33 PM
There is still an opportunity with 6-4 Shooting Guard Zach Norvell, he will announce his decision before Nov. 18th.

With Zach and Wade on the team, you would think that GU would have been a perfect landing spot for Bailey. Best of luck to him.

seacatfan
10-20-2015, 07:36 PM
That dwarf can recruit. Extra credit for the run at Koachs job.

I sincerely hope when K calls it a career, they hire one of his former players/assistants. I don't think there's a single one of them that is up to the job. I'll be very pleased to see one of them try and fail miserably. Brey is the best of the bunch, but I don't think he's really considered part of the family anymore. Wojo, Collins, Amaker, Dawkins...no way. Maybe...maybe...Hurley will prove to have the chops to be a big time college coach, but he has so little experience at this point. Capel flopped at OU, seems to be doing a great job as lead recruiter back at Duke now but I doubt he's "the guy" either.