PDA

View Full Version : Chat with Kyle Whelliston

Radbooks
09-25-2007, 05:18 AM
Kyle Whelliston did his Mid-Major chat yesterday on ESPN and he mentioned Gonzaga a couple of times. I especially liked his comment where he thought that we should join the Big East to be in a better conference. :confused: That's way down the page. But here's the main comment about Gonzaga:

"There's a sort of unbearable lightness to being Gonzaga, isn't there? The Zags get to schedule pretty much whomever they want in November and December, but as soon as there's any dip in talent or rise in bad luck, they run the risk of getting completely flattened in nonconference. They're mixing in quite a few new pieces this season, so their margin for error seems a bit slimmer than usual. (And of course, by "flattened" I mean winning 20 games overall instead of 25.) "

Here's the whole article (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=17380)

Rubbadub
09-25-2007, 05:45 AM
I always get the feeling from Whelliston that he isn't a fan, as if Gonzaga has betrayed all of the other mid-majors by becoming big time.

Angelo Roncalli
09-25-2007, 06:41 AM
I'll go wayyyyy out on a limb and say that the "Mike" who asked Kyle the first question is a regular visitor to this board.

lothar98zag
09-25-2007, 08:13 AM
I always get the feeling from Whelliston that he isn't a fan, as if Gonzaga has betrayed all of the other mid-majors by becoming big time.
you get that feeling - because it's true. before he joined a "BCS" website, on his old "mid-major" wedsite, he wouldn't even type Gonzaga.

BobZag
09-25-2007, 09:25 AM
I have a hunch I may have met this "Mike" character. :)

Angelo Roncalli
09-25-2007, 09:28 AM
"Character" is right.