PDA

View Full Version : Zach Collins Adidas Gauntlet Mix-Tape

Angelo Roncalli
04-14-2015, 09:03 AM
From this past weekend in Dallas (Tommy was there).

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/503378?referrer_id=790853

That spin move followed by the right handed shot looks like it was cloned from Jeff Brown.

BobZag
04-14-2015, 10:20 AM
I've always liked his game. A very nice get by Few. Zach will do well.

zagsfanforlife
04-14-2015, 10:51 AM
Very skilled with both hands. Doesnt appear to be too athletic, or does not show it in this video though. I saw about 5 or 6 layups that most 6'10, 6'11 kids would jam home. Is he more athletic jumping wise than this video leads me to believe?

hooter73
04-14-2015, 11:02 AM
Depends on what you're looking for. Hes not Turiaf, but hes not Wiltjer either lol

I think those lay ins and whatnot that werent dunks are probably more attributed to just weird timing of his jumps or steps - weird timing on the point guards part more than his. Running in transition, its hard as heck to be in full speed, mid stride, and catch a ball six inches too far out of your area, right by the basket and still dunk it in.

Zagdawg
04-14-2015, 02:50 PM
Junior in high school---will get stronger and work on his elevation --I like his timing and aggressiveness going after the blocks.

rennis
04-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Gonna learn to keep the ball above his shoulders soon too...

MickMick
04-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Has a nice spin around jumper, one handed push shot from the baseline. Seems to guide it home and looks well practiced. A go-to shot anytime he wants it.

tyra
04-14-2015, 06:08 PM
Holy cow, people, did you note how completely ambidextrous he is. Oh my, oh my, oh my!

Colbyspapa
04-15-2015, 05:32 AM
I watched the video twice because something caught my eye. As a football coach I watch feet. He has fast, percise footwork that looks very natural. This is the sign of an athlete. I don't care a bit that he didn't dunk every ball around the rim. He can move. He was guarded by smaller people every clip and he was quicker than them. I think we are looking at something outstanding if the work ethic is there. His timing on the shot blocking was excellent. He may not have a 36 inch vertical leap, but he is athletic and very comfortable on the court. He will fill in nicely when Sabonis leaves for the NBA after next year.

GoZags
04-15-2015, 05:48 AM
I watched the video twice because something caught my eye. As a football coach I watch feet. He has fast, percise footwork that looks very natural. This is the sign of an athlete. I don't care a bit that he didn't dunk every ball around the rim. He can move. He was guarded by smaller people every clip and he was quicker than them. I think we are looking at something outstanding if the work ethic is there. His timing on the shot blocking was excellent. He may not have a 36 inch vertical leap, but he is athletic and very comfortable on the court. He will fill in nicely when Sabonis leaves for the NBA after next year.

Unless you know something that others (including his family) don't ... the Zags have at least 2 more years of Sabonis ... so there'd be at least 1 year with Zach AND Domas ....

ProjectMKUltra5
04-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Unless you know something that others (including his family) don't ... the Zags have at least 2 more years of Sabonis ... so there'd be at least 1 year with Zach AND Domas ....

His family tell you that?

jchocolate99
04-15-2015, 10:13 PM
His family tell you that?

He said that himself stating he plans to stay four years (which I'll predict 3 since he'll finish his degree in that time)

thespywhozaggedme
04-16-2015, 07:12 AM
Don'tmiss is already projected to go #18 for next year, and that's before a stellar sophomore year, which should bump him up to lottery. That being said, he's in the rare situation where money isn't a factor at all and may stay the full 4 years to enjoy his college experience.