PDA

View Full Version : Good article about Meech opportunity with the Packers

Lewey
04-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Two cornerbacks ahead of Meech signed with other teams. Good interview with him about the opportunity that presents for him and what he thinks he can do with the opportunity.

It may sound strange to hear an unproven corner speak with such conviction. Yet he also doesn't see himself as "unproven," pointing out that he faced an MVP quarterback and all-pro receiver every day.

"Aaron told me he's never been picked off as much as I've picked him off, ever. Ever," he said. "So that was a huge thing coming from him. I pushed them every single day in practice.... So if you come to my side, there's no letting up.

Sure, training camp got off to a miserable start for Goodson. In one red zone drill, quarterbacks picked on him repeatedly. Yet his point guard temperament allowed him to bounce back. On the hardwood, Goodson hated when a coach subbed him out after a turnover. He relishes working through a mistake.

Noooo, I can't see any coach doing that. Actually, it seems to me Few didn't do that as much this year as in the past. That could just be the confidence / performance of the players too. Full article at the link.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-cornerback-demetri-goodson-wants-to-tackle-starting-role-b99478273z1-299280341.html

sittingon50
04-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Thanks Lewey.