PDA

View Full Version : Jim Nantz's Line for the Zags' Championship

thegloriousgoateeofKP
04-06-2015, 07:53 AM
So you know how Jim Nantz always has a clever, well thought out line to deliver as the final seconds tick at the end of the Championship game?

In 2013 (after Kevin Ware's gruesome injury): "Louisville completes the emotional journey to the championship."
In 2012: "And Kentucky's coronation is complete."
In 2005: There is a new dean in college basketball--North Carolina takes the title."

And so on.

Got me thinking: when/if the Zags win it all...how will Nantz describe it?

Personally, I'd like an acknowledgement of our Cinderella roots. A reference to "The slipper still fits" would be cool. Maybe "The clock will never strike midnight at Gonzaga...this one will last forever." Or something like that.

(Man, it almost brings a tear to my eye just imagining it haha)

ezcure17
04-06-2015, 08:36 AM
WOW!! Got goosebumps just reading that!! I like it...the clock will never strike midnight at Gonzaga...

I could almost hear him saying it!!

kyle dixon
04-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Miles Simon after the Cats win the NCAA tourney...

DixieZag
04-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Well, for Gonzaga it will obviously be "Do you believe in miracles? Yes!"

Because, the P-5 and their benefactors at CBS still do not see "mid-majors" as worthy, and it will take a miracle to run through the championship.

surfmonkey89
04-06-2015, 02:29 PM
There's Tony Romo and Jason Garrett, cheering for Duke.
There's Mr & Mrs Bush. What great patriots.
And Gonzaga wins the national championship.
Here's the side you hate to see. The tears coming from the Duke players. They had one heck of a year that's unfortunately come up just a little short.
Let's go to Tracy Wolfson with Mike Krzyzewski.
That's it for us courtside. Let's go to the studio, where the guys assess how the Blue Devils lost this game, and what it means for them as they head into next year.

MDABE80
04-06-2015, 03:24 PM
Fellas and gals..it's one of those deals where the power 5 conferences will neve relingquish control. Most of the announcers went to those scools. For us, it'll be differenct......we are going to have to bull our way to the FF. We had a great tournament this year. 3 V's and a close 4th ( till the last 5 mins). Successful in my world.
We'll do more. We elevated to a different level with those reruits. Already I'm looking forward to the next season.

New rankings for 2015-2016 will be out in the morning. I'm thinking we'll be ranked highly for two reasons:a. we showed up in the tournament. b. we have great kids back. But, if push comes to shove, we can find an old guy who looks like Bing and sit him netx to Stockton sorta like "Weekend at Bernies" :)
Go Zags!!

Martin Centre Mad Man
04-06-2015, 04:58 PM
"It has been a long road for this most unlikely of champions...from their humble roots as a tiny Cinderella, this program has grown into a national power that was always almost good enough...People asked if this little program and their coaching legend would finally break through.

At last, Gonzaga has done it. Congratulations to Coach Bakamus and his amazing team. You have made all of America believe."

Zagcity
04-07-2015, 06:19 AM
"It has been a long road for this most unlikely of champions...from their humble roots as a tiny Cinderella, this program has grown into a national power that was always almost good enough...People asked if this little program and their coaching legend would finally break through.

At last, Gonzaga has done it. Congratulations to Coach Bakamus and his amazing team. You have made all of America believe."

A definite laugh out loud

gozagswoohoo
04-07-2015, 06:46 AM
"And YES! Gonzaga is more better than all the teams that were in this tournament"

LongIslandZagFan
04-07-2015, 06:46 AM
There's Tony Romo and Jason Garrett, cheering for Duke.
There's Mr & Mrs Bush. What great patriots.
And Gonzaga wins the national championship.
Here's the side you hate to see. The tears coming from the Duke players. They had one heck of a year that's unfortunately come up just a little short.
Let's go to Tracy Wolfson with Mike Krzyzewski.
That's it for us courtside. Let's go to the studio, where the guys assess how the Blue Devils lost this game, and what it means for them as they head into next year.

I'd laugh... but sadly this is likely how it WOULD go.

MJ777
04-07-2015, 10:59 AM

That is a great story. Is that Rem or his Dad Bill who is the coach at Mark Morris HS? Interesting enough, as Cliff Claven would say, Bill made the E8 this year too with a 6' 5" player named Grant Gibbs. I think Bill is about the same age as Few, so I am going to assume that Rem must be the future coach in that scenario. Hopefully it will happen sooner than that though and with Few.

MDABE80
04-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Rem= glue guy without playing much. Amazing kid.