PDA

View Full Version : Domantas will retun to Gonzaga next year according to Mark Few

flytiezag
04-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Nice read about next year. http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/4/4/8345195/domantas-sabonis-nba-draft-gonzaga-return

gonzagafan62
04-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Nice to get confirmation ... Even though most knew. Good stuff

BBzag
04-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Wonder if Few also confirmed Karno, or if the author's just assuming (like the rest of us)

Reborn
04-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Nice to get confirmation ... Even though most knew. Good stuff

Very good news!!

btzag
04-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Wonder if Few also confirmed Karno, or if the author's just assuming (like the rest of us)

Yeah that's what I was thinking. If Few says it publicly you know it is true. Those 3 with Edwards should be ridiculous.

Rbo
04-04-2015, 07:38 PM
All y'all come back!

MickMick
04-04-2015, 08:57 PM
I look forward to seeing Edwards play. He can face up a better than Karnowski and I hope Few gives him the latitude to do so. If Karnowski leaves, Sabonis gets the start and most minutes at center.

Sure I would like to see Karno stay, but it isn't the end of the world if he leaves. Wish him the best of luck either way. In another year, we get Collins to take Wiltjer's place. The front court will be a seamless transition for the next few years.

AzZag
04-04-2015, 09:18 PM
I look forward to seeing Edwards play. He can face up a better than Karnowski and I hope Few gives him the latitude to do so. If Karnowski leaves, Sabonis gets the start and most minutes at center.

Sure I would like to see Karno stay, but it isn't the end of the world if he leaves. Wish him the best of luck either way. In another year, we get Collins to take Wiltjer's place. The front court will be a seamless transition for the next few years.

That is crazy talk. Sabonis starts no matter what. Edwards is not on the same planet as Karno.
Karno will get us to the promised land. Edwards is way worse than Foster ever was.

We need Karno back and it shouldn't be debatable.

Zag 77
04-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Edwards is way worse than Foster ever was.

There is a specific rule on this Board about insulting past and present GU players. I suspect you will be getting your notice from a mod shortly. Hopefully your ban will not be too long.

MDABE80
04-04-2015, 10:39 PM
No worries either way. Edwards is much better than the last time we saw him. He's used his time very well. He's a ery decent athlete. We'll have both......but if by chance Karno leaves, we'll be fine.

DixieZag
04-05-2015, 01:34 AM
That is crazy talk. Sabonis starts no matter what. Edwards is not on the same planet as Karno.
Karno will get us to the promised land. Edwards is way worse than Foster ever was.

Does the sentence "this is crazy talk" modify your own sentence "Edwards is way...".(I'm not repeating it), as in "you are about to hear crazy talk" describing "Edwards is..." b/c if so, I couldn't agree more, that is incredibly crazy talk, as well as pretty offensive. If Edwards showed anything in his appearances last year it was that he is even more of a gem in the rough than we thought.

ZagaZags
04-05-2015, 01:48 AM
Does the sentence "this is crazy talk" modify your own sentence "Edwards is way...".(I'm not repeating it), as in "you are about to hear crazy talk" describing "Edwards is..." b/c if so, I couldn't agree more, that is incredibly crazy talk, as well as pretty offensive. If Edwards showed anything in his appearances last year it was that he is even more of a gem in the rough than we thought.

+100 I'm glad Ryan Edwards is a Zag. Before his career is over, AzZag will come to see the light.

SwainZag
04-05-2015, 07:54 AM
There is a specific rule on this Board about insulting past and present GU players. I suspect you will be getting your notice from a mod shortly. Hopefully your ban will not be too long.

I don't really see what he insult is here when he's basically comparing a past and present player. I am not saying I agree, but this should not warrant a ban.

gonzagafan62
04-05-2015, 08:34 AM
Edwards worse than foster? Foster wasn't great but he did help in major areas when we had no depth. Edwards has lost a ton of weight. I think you will be suprised in what you see two years from now

Zagsker
04-05-2015, 08:41 AM

I would hope what he stated isn't a ban worthy offense..if so, then wow

Zagsker
04-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Edwards worse than foster? Foster wasn't great but he did help in major areas when we had no depth. Edwards has lost a ton of weight. I think you will be suprised in what you see two years from now

Yeah I don't see Edwards coming in and playing at Fosters level or below...Foster was just a really tall dude that was on a basketball court, Edwards is a tall dude playing basketball.

Zagcity
04-05-2015, 08:45 AM
+100 I'm glad Ryan Edwards is a Zag. Before his career is over, AzZag will come to see the light.

I believe it be a bright Light :agreed:

hooter73
04-05-2015, 09:20 AM

Moron's words.

Just for fun-zies, Sabonis starts over whom? Is this more Harris/Wiltjer at the three talk? I just want to know when to leave the thread...

sittingon50
04-05-2015, 03:12 PM

:fingergun:

MTZag03
04-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Moron's words.

Just for fun-zies, Sabonis starts over whom? Is this more Harris/Wiltjer at the three talk? I just want to know when to leave the thread...

No place for that.

MTZag03
04-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Regarding the morons words part. The rest is cool.

MJ777
04-05-2015, 11:19 PM

Foster wasn't a great basketball player, but he worked very hard and gave it all he had and seemed to be a good teammate. I think he would have been more coordinated and a better player had he only been 7'0" or 7'1." Edwards will be a very good Zag one day - hopefully.

Mr Vulture
04-06-2015, 09:44 AM
I think it is highly unlikely that Domas starts next year, mainly because I don't think they go with a lineup of Karno, Sabonis, Wiltjer at the same time. That isn't anything against Domas and he will still play plenty of minutes...

Zagdawg
04-06-2015, 10:50 AM
I'll take Fosters blockability (yes--made up a new word)--especially this block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tNtkT6aGsQ

zagfan24
04-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Domas, Kyle, and Karno will make up the nation's best front court next year barring any surprise returns at UK.

With regards to Edwards, he has played 85 minutes of (primarily) end of game time at GU. That was followed by a redshirt year in which pretty much nobody outside of coaches/teammates have seen him play. That anybody could hold a strong, negative opinion of his game is baffling to me. Ryan seems like a great kid with tremendous size, footwork, and potential. If all 3 of our primary bigs return next year he probably will only see spot minutes, but my own belief is that he will be a really good player for GU down the road. To make any comparisons, or to denigrate his abilities, given the exceedingly early and limited sample size, is absurd.

MDABE80
04-06-2015, 11:13 AM
We'll know more in June with the camps. Ryan's really put in the time. Slimmed down and his coordination ( feet and eye-hand) have gone beyond what I ever expected. He'll be playing alongside Karno at times. As the season progresses, he'll get lots of minutes. He's a gem from Montana..BIG SKY!!

CdAZagFan
04-06-2015, 11:50 AM
I thought Ryan showed flashes of great promise when he made his cameo appearances last year... I'm looking forward to seeing him next year. I'm just confused about where all the indecision from Karno came from? I never thought twice about him leaving early... now even he is talking about making "decisions". Anyone know what other "decision" he is contemplating?

amaronizag
04-06-2015, 12:16 PM
I for one was extremely impressed with Ryan from day 1. His footwork, soft touch, use of either hand, free throw %, etc have all been well described on this forum. I can't wait to see more of him. I don't see any reason why GU would be without a 7 footer in the game for a single minute next year. When Karno was pulled at the end of the game to prevent the hack a shack, Ryan will fit right in and make us that much stronger down the stretch. I expect he'll get 20+ minutes per game off the bench, similar to what Sabonis did this year.

ZagsGoZags
04-06-2015, 12:16 PM
The small PT I saw from Edwards season before this, he was already better than Foster. Admittedly we have not seen a lot of PT from either player over all these years. Just my opinion of their skills. Could not disagree more with poster who thought Foster was better player.

Zaga
04-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Foster was just a really tall dude that was on a basketball court, Edwards is a tall dude playing basketball.

+1

Vanzagger
04-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Zagsker and Zaga, play him 1v1.

That's what I thought.