PDA

View Full Version : All things considered

Zagsker
04-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Wesley has been the best transfer ever (so far)...guy came in scoring buckets at USC and tailored his game to fit GU. I am not a person to give praise just because they play for GU or etc, but this guy deserves boat loads of respect and acknowledgement of his character for what he did this year

Zagsker
04-02-2015, 05:35 PM
McClellan appears to be headed down the same road...that is because of leadership (Few and vet players) and players with big picture in mind, there is more than just scoring, something I wish I would have learned in my bball days

ZagaZags
04-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Wesley has been the best transfer ever (so far)...guy came in scoring buckets at USC and tailored his game to fit GU. I am not a person to give praise just because they play for GU or etc, but this guy deserves boat loads of respect and acknowledgement of his character for what he did this year

I was thinking Wiltjer. Wesley is awesome too.

Martin Centre Mad Man
04-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Dickau, Brown, Knight, Wiltjer, Downs...

Wesley is one of the best transfers we've ever had, but he wasn't a first team All-American (Dickau), or WCC POY (Brown, Dickau). Wiltjer might earn both of those honors, too.

Zagsker
04-02-2015, 05:50 PM
I was thinking Wiltjer. Wesley is awesome too.

You really can't go wrong giving both props, but Wiltjer came in expecting a bigger roll (which is easier to accept)...Wesley was "the man" on his team and came in saying "what do you want me to do"

Zagsker
04-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Dickau, Brown, Knight, Wiltjer, Downs...

Wesley is one of the best transfers we've ever had, but he wasn't a first team All-American (Dickau), or WCC POY (Brown, Dickau). Wiltjer might earn both of those honors, too.

I am not talking about accolades, I am talking straight acceptance of a diminished role for team success... From where Wesley was (USC) to his role at GU...just awesome team centered (and not saying the others were not team centered, just saying Wesley past playing role was HUGE)

ZagaZags
04-02-2015, 05:54 PM
I am not talking about accolades, I am talking straight acceptance of a diminished role for team success... From where Wesley was (USC) to his role at GU...just awesome team centered (and not saying the others were not team centered, just saying Wesley past playing role was HUGE)

Fair enough. Major props to Wesley for making a seamless fit at GU.

Birddog
04-02-2015, 06:00 PM
In exchange, Wesley participated in more W's this year than in his previous 3 combined and played in 4 NCAA Tournament games, pretty good trade really.

RenoZag
04-02-2015, 06:05 PM
You really can't go wrong giving both props, but Wiltjer came in expecting a bigger roll (which is easier to accept)...

Was that a Kaiser roll or a cinnamon bun ?

ZagaZags
04-02-2015, 06:09 PM

Rolled tacos.

Zagsker
04-02-2015, 06:11 PM

Lol...and here I try to not be that guy

Birddog
04-02-2015, 06:20 PM

Face it, you're kind of a looser.

ZagaZags
04-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Face it, you're kind of a looser.

I'm not familiar with Zagsker but that seemed a little over the top calling him a looser.

gonzagafan62
04-02-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm not familiar with Zagsker but that seemed a little over the top calling him a looser.

Looser or loser? He said looser .... Joke maybe?

ZagaZags
04-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Looser or loser? He said looser .... Joke maybe?

Maybe.

Martin Centre Mad Man
04-02-2015, 06:47 PM

Got it. By any measure, he was a great Zag in his short time with us. We were lucky to have him.

MDABE80
04-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Wesley I just loved. COming in to a new system, he made it work. Solid D, slasher. Made plays and rebounded well. Not much from 3 but just a great kid.

RenoZag
04-02-2015, 07:17 PM

Just yankin' yer chain a bit, Zagsker. . .You're aces in my book. And you have a Top 5 avatar to boot. . .

Rangerzag
04-02-2015, 07:22 PM
As I pointer out in the thread started by B-Wes's mom what I considered to be extremely remarkable about B-Wes was the way he came in and in such a short amount of time learned the Zag system and functioned in a very efficient manner.

Usually new guys have a redshirt year to learn. Others come in and even at times with a year to get used to the program we still hear about how they are taking time to learn.

With B-Wes there was very little time to come up to speed and I never once heard a comment about him having a delay in being ready to fit perfectly.

I am not saying he was the only one to manage this, but it is worth noting.

Reborn
04-04-2015, 07:19 AM
With the success that Gonzaga had this year, I wonder if Players like Wiltjer, Wesley and McClelland will continue to want to play at GU. As good as Gonzaga might have been this year without these 3 players, they would not have come close to reaching the Elite 8 without them. And Gonzaga will have two of them back next year. I'm hoping that maybe one guy out there transfers to GU to play next year.

DixieZag
04-04-2015, 07:54 AM
As I said somewhere else, BWes set the bar for all grad transfers from this point on - the gold standard.