PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Harvey

Angelo Roncalli
04-01-2015, 09:01 AM
For those who coveted our neighbor Tyler Harvey as a graduate transfer, your lust will be unrequited. He's declaring for the draft.

basketballzag
04-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Terrible decision if he actually signs with an agent. Brilliant decision if he is just testing the waters and heading back to school. Offensively stellar but needs defensive improvements to his game.

Mr Vulture
04-01-2015, 09:20 AM
Tyler Harvey is NOT an NBA talent at this point in time. He was abused athletically and strength wise by Georgetown guard that just declared. I hope Harvey doesn't sign with an agent as I think it will be a big mistake for him. Going thru the draft process and leaving your options open, on the other hand, is a good move as posted above.

john montana
04-01-2015, 09:24 AM
He's a chucker.

ZagaZags
04-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Terrible decision if he actually signs with an agent. Brilliant decision if he is just testing the waters and heading back to school. Offensively stellar but needs defensive improvements to his game.

+1

MTZag03
04-01-2015, 10:07 AM
He's a chucker.

Seinfeld reference there? :)

hooter73
04-01-2015, 10:38 AM
he is at as high of a ceiling as he will get. Another year at Eastern wont get him any farther. Transferring to a bigger name team he might not (probably wont) put up the same numbers because he'll be playing against better defenders. Only mock draft Ive seen has him going in the mid 40's.

D league or Europe is as good as he'll probably ever get, which is so much farther than 90% of NCAA players. He is a great story and should be proud.

Robzagnut
04-01-2015, 10:43 AM
I'm looking at what day it is today and taking it from there...

And I think someone is trying to freak out EWU fans thru an indirect route... Or at least I hope so...

BBzag
04-01-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm looking at what day it is today and taking it from there...

And I think someone is trying to freak out EWU fans thru an indirect route... Or at least I hope so...

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/apr/01/ewu-star-harvey-turn-pro/

CDC84
04-01-2015, 11:04 AM
he is at as high of a ceiling as he will get. Another year at Eastern wont get him any farther. Transferring to a bigger name team he might not (probably wont) put up the same numbers because he'll be playing against better defenders. Only mock draft Ive seen has him going in the mid 40's.

He wouldn't need to put up the same numbers because he would have more talent surrounding him at a high major school. When Eastern WA takes the floor, the entire defense of the opposing team is focused on stopping him. That's why it was difficult for him in the Georgetown game. Your team defense can't focus that much on one individual player when you are facing a team with multiple weapons. Imagine how many points Gonzaga would score if the opposing defense spent all of its resources just trying to take out Kyle Wiltjer?

He's a chucker.

A chucker is someone who puts up a lot of shots and doesn't make many of them. The kid shot 47% from the floor and 43% from the three this season. With those percentages, he can throw up as many shots as he wants as far as I am concerned. And if he gets to the foul line, he's an 85% foul shooter.

Bouldin4Prez
04-01-2015, 11:13 AM
I think he is 100% making the right decision to turn pro right now. Go while your stock is hot. If anything, the Georgetown game improved his draft stock so I don't really understand the thought that he was exposed in that game. He went into the game with every Georgetown player keying on him and still scored something like 26 points on 50% shooting. The guy shot 47% on 15 shots a game. If that's a chucker, then I want a chucker on our team every season.

john montana
04-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Personal preference I guess. I don't like ball dominate guards who have to dribble for 5-10 seconds to get a shot. The games I watched he got very little out of the flow and I saw a lot of teammates standing around. I just don't think he is that good, but I am far from an expert. Just my opinion.

jazzdelmar
04-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Seinfeld reference there? :)

Seinfeld got it from the schoolyards of Brooklyn

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-01-2015, 12:08 PM
He's a chucker.

And his dad hosts the Family Feud

gonzagafan62
04-01-2015, 12:10 PM
And his dad hosts the Family Feud

We surveyed the studio audience for the #1 chucker in college basketball:

#1 answer? Matt Carlino!

CaliforniaZaggin'
04-01-2015, 03:10 PM
We surveyed the studio audience for the #1 chucker in college basketball:

#1 answer? Matt Carlino!

Well struck, sir.

zagfan94
04-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Scoring pg's seem to be popular in the league these days, I could seeing him finding a role somewhere. As far as defence, having him or the NBA's best defensive player on the likes of Westbrook and Curry has the same result in the end.