PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation to Spywhozagged me and all Others : Re Wiltjer

zagsfanforlife
03-31-2015, 03:24 PM
Kyle Wiltjer @kwiltj
Follow

Happy for my brother @RemFifteen that he made the right choice and hyped I get to play with him for another year

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2015/3/31/8322827/breaking-rem-bakamus-forgoing-nba-draft-will-return-to-gonzaga-next
3:59 PM - 31 Mar 2015

Hoopaholic
03-31-2015, 03:28 PM
Kyle Wiltjer @kwiltj
Follow

Happy for my brother @RemFifteen that he made the right choice and hyped I get to play with him for another year

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2015/3/31/8322827/breaking-rem-bakamus-forgoing-nba-draft-will-return-to-gonzaga-next

SWEEEEEET Wow....stoked to see another full year with this young man

gonzagafan62
03-31-2015, 03:28 PM
Super stoked rem backamus is coming back!

DixieZag
03-31-2015, 03:32 PM
Awesome.

Seeing the silky three, and then the silky smooth "threetair" after - perfect.

seacatfan
03-31-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm confused. This seems to be another indication that Wiltjer is planning on returning. We've had several guarantees he's gone from posters on this forum.

zagsfanforlife
03-31-2015, 03:45 PM
Maybe Kyle himself just doesnt know what he is talking about? Maybe he means pickup games at Mccarthey before he gets ready for the 2015 NBA Draft?

Goshzagit
03-31-2015, 04:07 PM
I'm confused. This seems to be another indication that Wiltjer is planning on returning. We've had several guarantees he's gone from posters on this forum.

I dunno.

I haven't seen a single mention guaranteeing he's leaving or staying.

I've noticed numerous posters, many trustworthy, mention Kyle plans on seeking counsel this off-season and feedback via NBA. Depending on what he heard or hears, he was either going to return or take the next step.

Having said that, there were several analysts, including Chad Ford, who says Kyle MUST put on additional strength. He's the best shooting PF in the nation, hands down. Maybe the most skilled as well; however, he's not yet utilizing his frame through contact/fouls (which is a must in NBA), only his skill and shooting stroke.

Kyle's defense has improved the last month of the season -- from nearly non-existent/liability -- to something we could count on. That has been obvious and a great sign going forward.

Sounds like Kyle will utilize his eligibility, yet don't be surprised when he consults the League and sources over the Spring.

We know for certain Sabonis is returning, and most likely Karnowski as well.

Angel is 100% leaving, no speculation there.

TrekkerZag
03-31-2015, 04:33 PM
There should be some people on this board eating crow!

And the mod who is never wrong.

OK back to the North Pole for me!

Glad this is resolved.

MDABE80
03-31-2015, 04:38 PM
He's already said he's staying. I suppose things could change but his quote indicates he likes it here and has unfinished business. I'm taking him at his word.

thespywhozaggedme
03-31-2015, 05:19 PM
See post #101 in this thread and when it was posted: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?53691-We-may-even-be-better-next-year!

btzag
03-31-2015, 05:46 PM
Awesome news!

Birddog
03-31-2015, 05:59 PM
Wow just wow. GU has front runners for the Wooden and Wooden Bench awards on the same team!! I expect the Logan Report to do an in depth article about this.

Zagceo
03-31-2015, 06:12 PM
I guess it was said more than once :)

Wiltjer is not coming back guys. It hasn't been explicitly stated, but it has been stated as implicitly as can be without being explicit. That being said, Jenks and Melson will be a better back court than the one that just departed and that's saying a lot. If Shem and Don'tmiss return along with Edwards, that's one of the best front courts in America. We have some open schollies, let's see what rabbits Few and Tommy pull out of their respective hats.

Honest question: What would you expect him to say immediately after the loss? P.S. The "right now" was a dead give away.

Nope, it's been said, more than once that he's not returning. Apparently Europe is an option for him. Plus, one of the mods who runs this board, essentially alluded to it, without directly coming out and saying it and he, to the best of my knowledge is almost never wrong.

Ha, it's the exact opposite. If you're coming back, you say, "I'm coming back", that's literally it. When you are not coming back, you leave little clue words such as "right now". Agvain, I hope that I'm dead wrong, but in every thread in the past month where this has come up, every person in the know has made zero attempt to refute it.

basketballzag
03-31-2015, 06:14 PM
Kyle Wiltjer @kwiltj
Follow

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2015/3/31/8322827/breaking-rem-bakamus-forgoing-nba-draft-will-return-to-gonzaga-next …

Again this thread is useless because Connor Griffin hasn't announced yet whether he is bolting for the NBA. Can Karno fill the void if Griffin bolts? Also concerned that Triano hasn't announced he will forgo the NBA draft because I'm not sure Sabonis can fill that void either.

thespywhozaggedme
03-31-2015, 07:03 PM
It was also said more than once that I would be ecstatic if I was wrong. I was so wrong and so happy about it. :adored:
I guess it was said more than once :)

JohnOGU
03-31-2015, 07:38 PM
I don't know what kind of inside information anyone has, but he is making a mistake if he goes in this year. I say this with all due respect, but he can't defend a chair, and frankly, would get abused Outside of a potential paycheck, the pros of staying outweigh the pros of going. He could dominate college basketball next year.

zagsfanforlife
03-31-2015, 09:40 PM
See post #101 in this thread and when it was posted: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?53691-We-may-even-be-better-next-year!

Haha! Typical response from you. You were WRONG man. You had no sources, but kept claiming information as a certainty. It was sloppy speculation at best and any time anyone would say otherwise you were very quick to bash them and tell them they were wrong. Now we are bustin your balls. Take it like a man.

Cant wait to see Kyle in AA form next year.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
03-31-2015, 09:54 PM
Kyle,

Come back and get that first FF for Gonzaga. You will be a statue.

Zag Nation loves you.

Baseline
03-31-2015, 09:56 PM
This is great, the scoring duo of Backamus and Wiltjer will be back. This will make GU top 5 preseason!

GoZags
03-31-2015, 10:40 PM
A couple months ago there were more than a few whispers that Kyle was going to turn pro ... most likely in Europe. I, along with all Zag fans are glad those whispers were wrong.

As for going after a poster who took a position (that happened to coincide with mine at the time?). Pretty weak imho.
Haha! Typical response from you. You were WRONG man. You had no sources, but kept claiming information as a certainty. It was sloppy speculation at best and any time anyone would say otherwise you were very quick to bash them and tell them they were wrong. Now we are bustin your balls. Take it like a man.

Cant wait to see Kyle in AA form next year.

tyko
03-31-2015, 10:48 PM
A couple months ago there were more than a few whispers that Kyle was going to turn pro ... most likely in Europe. I, along with all Zag fans are glad those whispers were wrong.

As for going after a poster who took a position (that happened to coincide with mine at the time?). Pretty weak imho.

Equally weak is speculation presented as fact.

mainer6
03-31-2015, 10:53 PM
I think the most important thing about this is how funny that tweet is.

zagsfanforlife
03-31-2015, 11:07 PM

I have been on this board for about 7 years and 1 person who personally attacks people more than anyone or comes at people with snarkiness is thespywhozaggedme. He consistently on this topic took the position that Wiltjer was not coming back based on no inside information, and when people said "well hey look here at what Kyle says", he would basically come back and tell you you were wrong.

I think bustin his chops for telling people he is leaving as Fact and it obviously not being true is all fair game. Sorry, not sorry.

tyko
03-31-2015, 11:16 PM
I have been on this board for about 7 years and 1 person who personally attacks people more than anyone or comes at people with snarkiness is thespywhozaggedme. He consistently on this topic took the position that Wiltjer was not coming back based on no inside information, and when people said "well hey look here at what Kyle says", he would basically come back and tell you you were wrong.

I think bustin his chops for telling people he is leaving as Fact and it obviously not being true is all fair game. Sorry, not sorry.

Agree with this 100%.