PDA

View Full Version : KIRO's Post-Game Coverage

Angelo Roncalli
03-30-2015, 12:54 PM
KIRO had a local post-game show. It "featured" Husky has-been Eldridge Recasner, who raised suspicions about his being an idiot when he appeared in his purple Husky blazer with a UW Hall of Fame logo on the pocket (surprised he didn't bring his AAU trophies for a show and tell session). All doubts about his idiocy were resolved, and not in his favor, when he started talking.

TheGonzagaFactor
03-30-2015, 01:12 PM
That guy is a joke. I've seen some of his anti-GU tweets and while I understand his jealousy, it's pretty pathetic.

I saw him going on a tirade highlighting his jealousy last week on Twitter, and he went so low as to start degrading Morrison. This didn't make sense to me (it was out of nowhere) so I asked him why he brought Adam up and he just responded by quoting me and saying "LOL!!!!!" Uhhhh dude I asked you, not some 14 year old girl.

In his 4 years at UW:

ZERO Pac 10 regular season championships

ZERO Pac 10 tournament championships

ZERO NCAA Tournament appearances

Ten years later:

ONE assault of an airport employee

sittingon50
03-30-2015, 01:27 PM
KIRO had a local post-game show. It "featured" Husky has-been Eldridge Recasner, who raised suspicions about his being an idiot when he appeared in his purple Husky blazer with a UW Hall of Fame logo on the pocket (surprised he didn't bring his AAU trophies for a show and tell session). All doubts about his idiocy were resolved, and not in his favor, when he started talking.

Has he been paroled, or am I confusing him with someone else?

Angelo Roncalli
03-30-2015, 01:29 PM
Has he been paroled, or am I confusing him with someone else?

I believe you may be thinking of Doug Wrenn or maybe Venoy Overton, both of whom have served time recently.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/former-husky-venoy-overton-pleads-guilty-to-second-degree-promoting-prostitution/

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/ex-uw-athlete-doug-wrenn-convicted-of-harassment/

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Did they bring in Sean Mallon for their coverage of UW's 2015 tournament run?

Ekrub
03-30-2015, 02:09 PM
The Seattle folk hate GU. Dave Softy mahler openly roots against us on Twitter. Bitter and jealous.

Hoopaholic
03-30-2015, 02:14 PM
That guy is a joke. I've seen some of his anti-GU tweets and while I understand his jealousy, it's pretty pathetic.

I saw him going on a tirade highlighting his jealousy last week on Twitter, and he went so low as to start degrading Morrison. This didn't make sense to me (it was out of nowhere) so I asked him why he brought Adam up and he just responded by quoting me and saying "LOL!!!!!" Uhhhh dude I asked you, not some 14 year old girl.

In his 4 years at UW:

ZERO Pac 10 regular season championships

ZERO Pac 10 tournament championships

ZERO NCAA Tournament appearances

Ten years later:

ONE assault of an airport employee

Losing record
bottom 1/3 finish in just about every year he played in league

229SintoZag
03-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Losing record
bottom 1/3 finish in just about every year he played in league

Recasner was not even the worst. The host of this show from KIRO, some sports anchor blowhard nobody, claimed after the NDSU game that GU had only been to the Sweet 16 of the tournament one time in Mark Few's tenure before this year.

If you are going to have a post game show for the dance as the local CBS affiliate, make the host pass a simple test of the basic facts on the local teams first.

Ajay
03-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Softy is a joke. Much better as a caveman than a sports talk host. The amount of homerism and pettiness over here in traffic land is off the charts. Nobody I know who are husky fans even acknowledged the zags or ewu in thus years' tournament. Completely pissed and all time frontrunners...