PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Angel Nunez .... Congrats on your GU Degree and Good Luck to you !!!

zagfan99
03-30-2015, 10:04 AM
I think if he thought he'd get more minutes, he would stay. But if all of our bigs do in fact return, and it looks like they will, the minutes there will be limited. I'd love to see him play more at Small Forward though.

He's probably gone, I know. But he's got a lot of potential as a defender. I'd love to see him stay.

gonzagafan62
03-30-2015, 10:05 AM
I would love to see him stay too. He really played some big minutes down the stretch for this team. Whatever his decision, I cannot fault him, but I would love to see him stay.

Go Bulldogs!

SanDiegoZag
03-30-2015, 10:16 AM
There is a major logjam inside if everyone returns...

The big question that needs to be addressed is: Can and will Kyle Wiltjer play the 3 on a regular basis?

If so, you can start Wiltjer, Sabonis, and Karnowski...and then all of a sudden Nunez and Edwards feel like they are a lot closer to seeing the floor. If it is determined that all 5 of those guys are playing for 2 spots, there is a 0% chance they all return.

This was a similar situation to Elias Harris when it was being debated whether he should be at the 3 or the 4. Harris stood a much better chance of matching up favorably on the defensive end with the small forward on the opposing team though. Wiltjer has a hard time defending the 4...he will have an even harder time defending the quickness of a 3.

seacatfan
03-30-2015, 10:17 AM
If none of Wiltjer, Karnowski and Sabonis leaves early, plus you add Edwards to the rotation, hard to imagine Nunez getting many minutes next year unless he plays the 3. It seems like he has plenty of untapped potential. Not sure that he'll ever get a chance to realize that potential at GU.

CDC84
03-30-2015, 10:21 AM
I have zero idea how close he is to graduating. If he still has more work to do, I just can't see him transferring to a D-2 school or NAIA school at this point.

BULLDOG#1
03-30-2015, 10:32 AM
shouldn't this read 'is there any chance he goes'?

The assumption should be that he stays. There IS room in the lineup for him. He's got the physical tools that this team really needs. Not sure why he's had a hard time adjusting to the system, but another year could do wonders. Wesley's transfer mostly impacted Dranginis minutes, but also Angel's minutes. I'm hoping for a strong off season for him and an increased role next year. He could be a real gem at the small forward spot, especially if Dranginis plays more at the 2.

TexasZagFan
03-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Will an additional ten minutes of PT per game be more important than being on another top ten team that travels on chartered jets, and other accoutrements? I think he has the talent for a bigger role next year.

jchocolate99
03-30-2015, 10:51 AM
There is a major logjam inside if everyone returns...

The big question that needs to be addressed is: Can and will Kyle Wiltjer play the 3 on a regular basis?

If so, you can start Wiltjer, Sabonis, and Karnowski...and then all of a sudden Nunez and Edwards feel like they are a lot closer to seeing the floor. If it is determined that all 5 of those guys are playing for 2 spots, there is a 0% chance they all return.

This was a similar situation to Elias Harris when it was being debated whether he should be at the 3 or the 4. Harris stood a much better chance of matching up favorably on the defensive end with the small forward on the opposing team though. Wiltjer has a hard time defending the 4...he will have an even harder time defending the quickness of a 3.

Wiltjer is NOT playing the three... I dont know why I keep seeing this pop up. Yes Lloyd said they would experiment with all three bigs on the floor for next year but thats all its gonna be an EXPERIMENT. Wiltjer cannot I repeat cannot play the three he is not quick enough for that position nor has the defense for it. Harris would have had the best chance playing the three when he was here but didn't so that should be the hint people. Kyle Draginis will be our starting 3... he has EARNED that and based on Fews track record he's gonna reward his senior but he's especially going to reward a senior that was forced to redshirt and forced to take a back seat to a transfer. Perkins is starting at the 1 Draginis at the 3 and the only thing that CAN be debated is the 2. We all assume it will be Melson but I can see Few having McClellan start there since he like having two ball handlers on the floor at the same time. As far as Nunez I feel for the dude but with Edwards coming back he's not going to have playing time and I would rather free up the schollie. He was granted another year of eligibility the smart thing to do is transfer somewhere and get as much play time with your last year

BULLDOG#1
03-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Wiltjer is NOT playing the three... I dont know why I keep seeing this pop up. Yes Lloyd said they would experiment with all three bigs on the floor for next year but thats all its gonna be an EXPERIMENT. Wiltjer cannot I repeat cannot play the three he is not quick enough for that position nor has the defense for it. Harris would have had the best chance playing the three when he was here but didn't so that should be the hint people. Kyle Draginis will be our starting 3... he has EARNED that and based on Fews track record he's gonna reward his senior but he's especially going to reward a senior that was forced to redshirt and forced to take a back seat to a transfer. Perkins is starting at the 1 Draginis at the 3 and the only thing that CAN be debated is the 2. We all assume it will be Melson but I can see Few having McClellan start there since he like having two ball handlers on the floor at the same time. As far as Nunez I feel for the dude but with Edwards coming back he's not going to have playing time and I would rather free up the schollie. He was granted another year of eligibility the smart thing to do is transfer somewhere and get as much play time with your last year

I agree with about half of this...

I agree that Wiltjer won't play the 3 and that role will belong to Dranginis. I do see Nunez as the backup at the 3, though. Last year, Nunez was placed at the 4 because there were no other options there. The 4 is NOT his natural position, the 3 is - and that's where he can make some noise. He's got the tools to guard to the three-point line and that's where he'll be needed. His ball-handling is suspect, so he'll need to be protected on the offensive end... but he can rebound and shoot, which will be also needed. He will not be a stretch 4 on this team - that role belongs to Wiltjer. Dranginis will see minutes at both the 2 and 3 next year and it will open up opportunity for Nunez.

Sabonis will probably come off the bench for either Wiltjer or Karno and play starter minutes as a sub... I see Few interchanging the three just as he did at the end of this season. He may experiment playing all three together, but that won't be the normal rotation. Nunez could spell any of them that are in foul trouble, but he won't be part of a rotation as a 4 or 5. Edwards will get spot minutes -- unless he's really made an incredible jump.

When the rotation is being worked out for next year, I see decent minutes for Nunez. I hope and expect that he will stay.

Zag 77
03-30-2015, 12:13 PM
Would you rather have a degree from GU or West Buffalo Chip State?

Zagdawg
03-30-2015, 02:02 PM
I think that people are thinking that Angel would be a graduate transfer.

Hoopaholic
03-30-2015, 02:05 PM

I will take this bet......I expect to see the big three on the court at the same time....with 2-1-2 matchup zone on defense

offensively there would be NO one that could stop this lineup.....perkins provides the penetration, slashing passing that this lineup requires and either Melson or Draino provides the spot up shooting option opposite the high low action

AzZag
03-30-2015, 04:38 PM
For the sake of the program I hope he stays, as if we have to rely on Edwards as the primary backup we are in trouble.
Nunez could really take us or the next level. Our lack of athleticism is what will stop us on another deep tourney run.
We have way too many below the rim players on the roster.

DixieZag
03-30-2015, 04:50 PM
I will take this bet......I expect to see the big three on the court at the same time....with 2-1-2 matchup zone on defense

offensively there would be NO one that could stop this lineup.....perkins provides the penetration, slashing passing that this lineup requires and either Melson or Draino provides the spot up shooting option opposite the high low action

IF KW, DS and PK are all back, they all will start, some way, somehow, there is no conceivable way any one of them comes off the bench no matter how much one talks about rotations.

I agree it might well be a zone type of defense that is necessary.

But, having said that, I don't see why people don't assume that KD can't be in place at the 2. I agree that KD will start, and should start. But, I see no reason he can't start at the off-guard spot. That leaves Perk running the point, with Mac as the first off the bench, perhaps Melson second.

jchocolate99
03-30-2015, 05:19 PM
IF KW, DS and PK are all back, they all will start, some way, somehow, there is no conceivable way any one of them comes off the bench no matter how much one talks about rotations.

But, having said that, I don't see why people don't assume that KD can't be in place at the 2. I agree that KD will start, and should start. But, I see no reason he can't start at the off-guard spot. That leaves Perk running the point, with Mac as the first off the bench, perhaps Melson second.

why is it so inconceivable that Sabonis comes off the bench again? Yes, he's damn good and would start at most other programs but the two bigs in front of him are pretty good also and are seniors. It's not like Sabonis is not getting plenty of minutes plus he's still being closely watched by NBA scouts. He knew the situation coming into GU and knew the players that were in front of him. His time will come but next year its not going to be his time to start. He'll still come off the bench while Wiltjer and Karno start no need to change that rotation.

BULLDOG#1
03-30-2015, 06:48 PM

I completely disagree. There's no way they all start. Sabonis will get starter minutes playing off the bench, just like he did at the end of this season.

Forget the rotations, who is going to guard the wing? A zone isn't going to protect them on defense, it's going to expose them.

john montana
03-30-2015, 08:23 PM

This. If we have the three bigs, I am all for starting them together. The length of that zone would cause tremendous issues, especially with Perkins and KD at the top of it. We would invite the dribble drive and push the zone out on the perimeter...much like Syracuse does. Could be a really tough defensive alignment. Offensively that group causes obvious problems for people, but I really think the right zone scheme with that size could be awesome.

Zagceo
03-30-2015, 08:29 PM

+1

kitzbuel
03-30-2015, 09:04 PM

I really don't think one of our top post players, Wiltjer, is going to spend a lot of time at the wing. He looses his ability to create mismatches on the perimeter if he is out on the wing. Wings will be able to guard him better, he will have a harder time guarding wings.

Hoopaholic
03-30-2015, 09:25 PM
I really don't think one of our top post players, Wiltjer, is going to spend a lot of time at the wing. He looses his ability to create mismatches on the perimeter if he is out on the wing. Wings will be able to guard him better, he will have a harder time guarding wings.

so takinga three out to the wing area, while sabonis down screens Karnowski opposite elbow to block as WIltner goes to post up his small 3 wing who is guarding him......you now have either high low post to post or high low with a mismatch opposite block

that would be an absolute nightmare of mismatch

Or you flash him in from wing like Duke did to us and post up for instant mismatch

Hoopaholic
03-30-2015, 09:26 PM
This. If we have the three bigs, I am all for starting them together. The length of that zone would cause tremendous issues, especially with Perkins and KD at the top of it. We would invite the dribble drive and push the zone out on the perimeter...much like Syracuse does. Could be a really tough defensive alignment. Offensively that group causes obvious problems for people, but I really think the right zone scheme with that size could be awesome.

yes and coverage of the corner is easy with sabonis and wiltjer, while Karno drops to cover post block issues

weakside steals by Perkins or melson with their quickness to cover skip passes

ezcure17
03-31-2015, 05:37 AM
Just saw Nunez's name on the transfer list at espn.com. List is over 200 players so far. Goodman has him as "will graduate". :(

basketballzag
03-31-2015, 05:51 AM
First congratulations to Angel for coming to Gonzaga and leaving with a Gonzaga Diploma! He was waiting to see what some of the other bigs were going to do first before making his decision and now he realizes that they are all staying at Gonzaga for a second year. Everyone knows he is way too talented to sit on the bench playing limited minutes again next year and it really is in his best interest to find a program that he can get playing time in. I'm positive that Gonzaga and the Coaching Staff have been super supportive of Angel's decision and are helping him choose the right the right fit for next year. He will have an impact at whatever school he ends up choosing. St. John's is one of those schools I could see him transferring too but make no mistake he will be a highly regarded transfer this year and will have an impact next year. Thanks for all of your contributions Angel you learned what being a teammate is this year and we wouldn't have had the success we had without you on the team the last two years.

GoZags
03-31-2015, 06:50 AM
Best wishes for a great future, Angel Nunez. I am very proud of you ... you'll always be remembered as a true Zag !!! GoZags (aka Ken Devones)

First congratulations to Angel for coming to Gonzaga and leaving with a Gonzaga Diploma! He was waiting to see what some of the other bigs were going to do first before making his decision and now he realizes that they are all staying at Gonzaga for a second year. Everyone knows he is way too talented to sit on the bench playing limited minutes again next year and it really is in his best interest to find a program that he can get playing time in. I'm positive that Gonzaga and the Coaching Staff have been super supportive of Angel's decision and are helping him choose the right the right fit for next year. He will have an impact at whatever school he ends up choosing. St. John's is one of those schools I could see him transferring too but make no mistake he will be a highly regarded transfer this year and will have an impact next year. Thanks for all of your contributions Angel you learned what being a teammate is this year and we wouldn't have had the success we had without you on the team the last two years.

jazzdelmar
03-31-2015, 06:56 AM
Good news/bad news........Three amigos staying, AN leaving.....Give Mully a call.....would be great to be in on that Year One.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-31-2015, 07:06 AM
Still haven't seen anything official...why the sudden change in tone?

No reason Angel can't play the 3 if he dedicates the offseason to learning how to do it.

jazzdelmar
03-31-2015, 07:18 AM

No reason Angel can't play the 3 if he dedicates the offseason to learning how to do it.

Tea leaves....

gonzagafan62
03-31-2015, 07:34 AM

Look at Jeff Goodmans transfer list. He's on there.

GoZags
03-31-2015, 07:41 AM

ESPN reporting he'll transfer with his GU degree ....
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/post/_/id/4899/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list&ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_GoodmanTransferList2015March

Rawane Ndiaye, 6-10, C, RS Jr., Tennessee (will graduate)

Langdon Neal, 6-1, G, Soph., American

Angel Nunez, 6-8, F, Jr., Gonzaga (will graduate)

Javion Ogunyemi, 6-8, F, Soph., Siena

Randy Onwuasor, 6-3, G, Soph., Texas Tech

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-31-2015, 07:48 AM
Wait a minute...that list is HARDLY definitive, and Goodman is NOT reporting that every player on that list will transfer. It's more a speculative thing, as far as I understand.

Besides, it lists him as "will graduate," which we knew he was going to anyway.

Certainly looks like he'll transfer, but it's far from official as far as I can tell.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-31-2015, 07:49 AM

I'm with you 100% Hoopaholic. What a great opportunity for Coach Few and his staff to coach to their team's strengths. Hopefully KW et al make their decisions asap re: next year and all choose to return. I'd love to see this lineup:
PG: Perkins (McClellan)
SG: Dranginis (Melson/Alberts)
SF: Wiltjer (Nunez/Griffin)
PF: Sabonis (Wiltjer/Nunez)
C: Karnowski (Edwards)

Going zone cannot just be an 'experiment' though, the coaches and players have to commit 100% and spend lots of time in practice working on their zone D. That's how you learn to rebound well out of it, mark up and box-out and above all...sprint back on defense to get in your positions.

Obviously Wiltjer would be a bit out of position as a three, but I worry less about him getting beat off the dribble while playing zone then I do a smart, speedy team zipping down the court (BYU anyone?) and scoring before PK and Wiltjer can get back and into their zone positions.

I actually really hope Zags stand pat with their current roster and do not bring in any graduate transfers or star freshman who would expect to play immediately. This team as above has plenty of talent and, most importantly, great chemistry together. They can rally to the next level - Final Four - and do it for Pangos/Bell/Wesley and ZagNation!!! :pray: :clap: :clap:

Gonzaga
03-31-2015, 07:54 AM
Angel IS transferring out of Gonzaga, with his degree. And I wish him all the best.

Wait a minute...that list is HARDLY definitive, and Goodman is NOT reporting that every player on that list will transfer. It's more a speculative thing, as far as I understand.

Besides, it lists him as "will graduate," which we knew he was going to anyway.

Certainly looks like he'll transfer, but it's far from official as far as I can tell.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-31-2015, 08:01 AM
Just saw Nunez's name on the transfer list at espn.com. List is over 200 players so far. Goodman has him as "will graduate". :(

Does Goodman's list simply indicate who is/will be eligible to transfer or players who have formally announced their intention to transfer? If the latter, when and where (link please) did Nunez declare he intends to transfer?

Until it is confirmed directly by Angel Nunez, he remains a Zag next year and I for one am happy to have him aboard! Great kid, has had to deal with major concussion and transferring once already. I believe he can thrive with the stability of remaining in one place for three years. Also, he would be a fantastic backup to Wiltjer at the '3' in a zone defense.

I would love to see Nunez playing on the back-line wing of a 2-3 zone or the 2-1-2 zone Hoopaholic already mentioned.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-31-2015, 08:02 AM
Angel IS transferring out of Gonzaga, with his degree. And I wish him all the best.

Feels that way, yes. But we have yet to see anything definitive.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-31-2015, 08:03 AM

Link, source?

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-31-2015, 08:09 AM
Link, source?

Looks like the folks at TSSF jumped the gun as well.

Again: the Goodman piece, as far as I know, is speculative. And that's the only source they cite.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2015/3/31/8319529/angel-nunez-reportedly-to-transfer-from-gonzaga

thespywhozaggedme
03-31-2015, 08:18 AM
Guys, GoZags just thanked him and wished him well. There is no debate.

Bing
03-31-2015, 08:43 AM
Again: the Goodman piece, as far as I know, is speculative. And that's the only source they cite.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2015/3/31/8319529/angel-nunez-reportedly-to-transfer-from-gonzaga

There is nothing "speculative" about Goodman's list. It isn't a list of players that could potentially transfer. That list would include every college player with eligibility left.

Goodman has a list of players that will transfer this offseason.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-31-2015, 08:56 AM
There is nothing "speculative" about Goodman's list. It isn't a list of players that could potentially transfer. That list would include every college player with eligibility left.

Goodman has a list of players that will transfer this offseason.

I read it more as a list of transfer CANDIDATES. That is, players with eligibility who are unhappy at their schools, or who are looking for a change of scenery, or whose coaches left, etc. Candidates.

That said, it looks like we'll need to make plans to move forward without Angel.

TexasZagFan
03-31-2015, 09:09 AM
Guys, GoZags just thanked him and wished him well. There is no debate.

Does this mean we now have 4 open scholarships for next year?

Bing
03-31-2015, 09:23 AM
I read it more as a list of transfer CANDIDATES. That is, players with eligibility who are unhappy at their schools, or who are looking for a change of scenery, or whose coaches left, etc. Candidates.

That said, it looks like we'll need to make plans to move forward without Angel.

The word "Candidates" does not appear anywhere in Goodman's piece.

If his list were what you're describing, it would be a recipe for a Titanic sized disaster.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-31-2015, 09:30 AM
The word "Candidates" does not appear anywhere in Goodman's piece.

If his list were what you're describing, it would be a recipe for a Titanic sized disaster.

Good point. However...it's not like ESPN is unfamiliar with "Titanic sized disasters" lol

jchocolate99
03-31-2015, 09:30 AM
Does this mean we now have 4 open scholarships for next year?

Based off slippers schollie list for next year with Nunez transferring that will leave 4 open spots

rennis
03-31-2015, 11:16 AM
Best of luck Angel. I hope you find a good fit and a nice role in your final year of eligibility. Cheers young man!

CDC84
03-31-2015, 12:01 PM

Another reason to seriously consider a 2-1-2 zone is Karnowski and Sabonis' propensity for picking up cheap fouls. A zone would protect them.

TexasZagFan
03-31-2015, 01:41 PM
Another reason to seriously consider a 2-1-2 zone is Karnowski and Sabonis' propensity for picking up cheap fouls. A zone would protect them.

Such a zone would be more effective with quicker, athletic guards out front.

Here's a crazy idea, steal a page from Calipari...call it black and blue, platoon the first 10. First team goes six minutes, second team 4, in the first half. Adjust the swaps in the second half so you get the first team in for the last 4-6 minutes.

El Zag
03-31-2015, 04:30 PM
Is it true that Angels stats for the first 6 games (while playing equal minutes with Draganis) when more of a 9 to 10 player team type concept was utilized included:

FG = 20/27 =74.074 % : 3PT = 4/6 = 67 % (SAME POINTAGE AS 100% FROM 2) FT = 13/22 =59%?
???

Saxon_zag
03-31-2015, 06:08 PM
Such a zone would be more effective with quicker, athletic guards out front.

Here's a crazy idea, steal a page from Calipari...call it black and blue, platoon the first 10. First team goes six minutes, second team 4, in the first half. Adjust the swaps in the second half so you get the first team in for the last 4-6 minutes.

Haha we are talented but not that talented. Calipari is bringing in lotto picks on his "2nd squad".

I want to see all 3 of the bigs on the floor together next year. That's putting our best foot forward and making the other team adjust to you. Should have done it in the Harris days to have him sacre and Dower all on the floor together.

Good luck to Nunez. I know he has even more talent than he ever got to show here and he got kind of an unlucky shake as far as how the last couple years have gone. Thanks for your time as a zag.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-31-2015, 06:19 PM
Haha we are talented but not that talented. Calipari is bringing in lotto picks on his "2nd squad".

I want to see all 3 of the bigs on the floor together next year. That's putting our best foot forward and making the other team adjust to you. Should have done it in the Harris days to have him sacre and Dower all on the floor together.

Good luck to Nunez. I know he has even more talent than he ever got to show here and he got kind of an unlucky shake as far as how the last couple years have gone. Thanks for your time as a zag.

Would LOVE to see all FOUR bigs (Karno, Sabonis, Wiltjer, Edwards) on the floor every now and then. If for no other reason than to scare the s%^t out of the other team. Why not use the WCC to our advantage, by experimenting during conference play a bit?

WallaWallaZag
04-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Is it true that Angels stats for the first 6 games (while playing equal minutes with Draganis) when more of a 9 to 10 player team type concept was utilized included:

FG = 20/27 =74.074 % : 3PT = 4/6 = 67 % (SAME POINTAGE AS 100% FROM 2) FT = 13/22 =59%?
???

possible correlation to perkins injury???

WallaWallaZag
04-01-2015, 09:08 AM
so takinga three out to the wing area, while sabonis down screens Karnowski opposite elbow to block as WIltner goes to post up his small 3 wing who is guarding him......you now have either high low post to post or high low with a mismatch opposite block

that would be an absolute nightmare of mismatch

Or you flash him in from wing like Duke did to us and post up for instant mismatch

wiltjer would immediately be double-teamed in the post because you don't need to guard karnowski or sabonis on the perimeter and you can't have both be in the post opposite wiltjer.

edited to add: sorry, didn't want to hijack thread...this should be about angel and i wish few would have given him a shot at the 3.

Hoopaholic
04-01-2015, 10:20 AM
wiltjer would immediately be double-teamed in the post because you don't need to guard karnowski or sabonis on the perimeter and you can't have both be in the post opposite wiltjer.

edited to add: sorry, didn't want to hijack thread...this should be about angel and i wish few would have given him a shot at the 3.

double teamed from where......block to block leaves karnowski or sabonis open
free throw line double down leaves sabonis slashing for a ferocious dunk
Weakside is too far away and would have to go past our opposite low block
No one left strong side todouble down

ZigZagSoCal
04-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Thanks Angel for your sacrifice and all you've done for GU. We'll miss your game. Go show 'em what you've got!

Hoopaholic
04-02-2015, 06:43 AM
Thanks Angel for your sacrifice and all you've done for GU. We'll miss your game. Go show 'em what you've got!

well stated......

GonzagasaurusFlex
04-02-2015, 06:59 AM
You are a Zag for life AN! Much respect and for you and best wishes as you continue pursuing your dreams.

I'm hoping he lands with Chris Mullen at St. Johns or Coach Rice at Boise State....though I'm too lazy to research current rosters there and likelihood of AN seeing major minutes. Maybe Eastern Washington...stay close to your Zag family?

zagfan1
04-02-2015, 10:49 PM
I am still not counting Angel out. The ssf article is vague and doesn't mention credible sources outside of Goodman's transfer list. Plus I heard otherwise, that he recognizes he won't get it any better outside of GU.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
04-03-2015, 06:06 AM
I am still not counting Angel out. The ssf article is vague and doesn't mention credible sources outside of Goodman's transfer list. Plus I heard otherwise, that he recognizes he won't get it any better outside of GU.

I'm with ya. Goodman's list of candidates to transfer is still the only "source" anyone has presented.

raise the zag
04-03-2015, 06:16 AM

I'm not either.

Interestingly enough, when Angel apparently "announced" his decision to transfer a month ago, he came out and publicly nixed that news. Stating he was thinking about it, yet no official decision had been made.

I have a feeling he's waiting to see what Karnowski plans to do. He's receiving SIGNIFICANT offers overseas. Could be tough to turn down 1+ million/year.

Sabonis is as well, heck, he received a 660,000/year offer when he was 17! However, Domas doesn't need the money in the slightest.

Karnowski could also be drafted, in the 2nd Round, yet his brand of play at Center is diminishing in NBA, still flourishing in Europe.

I think he returns, yet Angel could be waiting on his decision.

Almost never greener on the other side, unless you pull a Wesley....upgrade programs AND becoming a permanent fixture, less than 1% of the time.

hooter73
04-03-2015, 08:57 AM
AN has surprised me with his commitment and good character already. Knowing what was coming he stayed here, worked hard and came out swinging at the start of the year. I was fairly vocal when he seemed to take a step back around December/January but only because we saw what he could be. No one will blame him if he chooses to go and I have a feeling he'll make the right decision for him, no matter what that decision looks like to the fans.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
04-03-2015, 11:15 AM
I have a feeling he's waiting to see what Karnowski plans to do. He's receiving SIGNIFICANT offers overseas. Could be tough to turn down 1+ million/year.

Sabonis is as well, heck, he received a 660,000/year offer when he was 17! However, Domas doesn't need the money in the slightest.

Source?

MDABE80
04-03-2015, 11:54 AM
I don't know of Domas' money. I thought he did NOT get any money........that's what kept him amateur, As for offers on Karno........I've not heard that before. Seriously Raise........?

raise the zag
04-03-2015, 12:01 PM
I don't know of Domas' money. I thought he did NOT get any money........that's what kept him amateur, As for offers on Karno........I've not heard that before. Seriously Raise........?

I will find the source. There are numerous articles about Domas turning down the OFFER from his team for $ 660K. I never said he received anything, that's what kept his amateur status.

seacatfan
04-03-2015, 12:14 PM
The implications about Domas not needing money is because his father had a long, lucrative pro career. The family is good, so there is no financial obligation for Domas to turn pro as soon as possible.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
04-03-2015, 01:37 PM
I will find the source. There are numerous articles about Domas turning down the OFFER from his team for $ 660K. I never said he received anything, that's what kept his amateur status.

No I mean the part about Karnowski receiving big offers overseas. Where have you heard he's gotten offers?

GoZags
04-03-2015, 01:53 PM
No I mean the part about Karnowski receiving big offers overseas. Where have you heard he's gotten offers?

He has had offers/opportunities after each of his seasons at Gonzaga.

thegloriousgoateeofKP
04-03-2015, 02:41 PM
He has had offers/opportunities after each of his seasons at Gonzaga.

Huh. Didn't know that. It's...unsettling.

GoZags
04-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Huh. Didn't know that. It's...unsettling.

That's how it works. Elias could have turned pro at any time during his Gonzaga career. It all comes down to Tommy's vetting process. GU goes after kids who want to be here.