PDA

View Full Version : 2015/2016 Schedule

SanDiegoZag
03-30-2015, 09:41 AM
So, I haven't seen an official 2015-16 non-conference schedule posted since the close of the season yesterday. With the Memphis series not being renewed, I guess that can be crossed off the list.

Here is what I know:

UCLA
Arizona
WSU (This is at home I believe)
at SMU

BATTLE 4 ATLANTIS (3 Games)
Charlotte 49ers (C-USA)
Connecticut Huskies (American)
Gonzaga Bulldogs (WCC)
Michigan Wolverines (Big Ten)
Syracuse Orange (ACC)
Texas Longhorns (Big 12)
Texas A&M Aggies (SEC)
Washington Huskies (Pac-12)

With the Huskies in this tournament, it is possible the Zags could play 4 Pac-12 teams next year.

Please add on any other details that are known.

gonzagafan62
03-30-2015, 09:43 AM
http://www.swxrightnow.com/story/27391725/gonzaga-to-face-pitt-at-armed-forces-classic-2015-in-japan

Gonzaga vs Pittsburgh in Okinawa

EDIT: I didn't know we had a game scheduled with WSU next season?

CDC84
03-30-2015, 09:46 AM
If you really look into the Atlantis tournament....beyond all the big names....it isn't as daunting of a field as it appears on the surface. There are several teams in the field who are rebuilding. Several teams are going to have an awful lot of young players. Not saying it will be a cake walk, but GU should be favored.

zagsfanforlife
03-30-2015, 09:48 AM
If you really look into the Atlantis tournament....beyond all the big names....it isn't as daunting of a field as it appears on the surface. There are several teams in the field who are rebuilding. Several teams are going to have an awful lot of young players. Not saying it will be a cake walk, but GU should be favored.

Watch out for Texas A & M. I believe they have a great recruiting class coming in, plus had a very solid year this year. 1 5 star and 3 4 stars. Will be top 25 to start the season.

CDC84
03-30-2015, 09:58 AM
True. I was thinking the Aggies would probably be the second best team in the field. But still, they will be relying on a lot of young talent. That being said, a win over them would be nice because the team is likely to get better and better.

It will be interesting to see how many players stay at Texas with the coaching change.

zagfan99
03-30-2015, 09:59 AM
http://www.swxrightnow.com/story/27391725/gonzaga-to-face-pitt-at-armed-forces-classic-2015-in-japan

Gonzaga vs Pittsburgh in Okinawa

EDIT: I didn't know we had a game scheduled with WSU next season?

Yep. Gonzaga managed to get Wazzu into a game in the Arena, while still playing a game @ GU as well. So we play them in Spokane 2 years in a row.

gonzagafan62
03-30-2015, 09:59 AM
Yes. SanDiegoZag. I stand corrected. We do have another game against WSU next year in Pullman. You are right. But everything listed here is now the full schedule that we know for now. More things will brew in May and June I would expect.

basketballzag
03-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Yes. SanDiegoZag. I stand corrected. We do have another game against WSU next year in Pullman. You are right. But everything listed here is now the full schedule that we know for now. More things will brew in May and June I would expect.

Kentucky? There have been rumors about Cal & Few trying to set a game up for Wiltjer's last year.

TacomaZAG
03-30-2015, 10:04 AM
Any intel on the 2015 Battle in Seattle????

Go ZAGS

gonzagafan62
03-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Kentucky? There have been rumors about Cal & Few trying to set a game up for Wiltjer's last year.

That would be sweet!

Angelo Roncalli
03-30-2015, 10:15 AM
GU plays WSU in Pullman in the 2015-16 season; last game of the 3 game series.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu-cougar-basketball/next-zags-wsu-game-at-spokane-arena/

Zag 77
03-30-2015, 10:21 AM
I know that the schedule options are tight, but it might be nice to get a game with EWU (in our place) before Hayford moves to greener pastures.

Reborn
03-30-2015, 10:28 AM
Gonzaga vs Kentucky would be fantastic for the Battle in Seattle. Wow! Gonzaga vs UW double Wowzer!

spike_jr
03-30-2015, 11:54 AM
I would love to see us play EWU, but it is my understanding that the only way that EWU happens is if Eastern agrees to play it in the kennel. GU does not want to play in Cheney nor do they want to play in the Spokane Arena and jeopardize their chances to play there in the NCAA tournament. EWU wants a Home/Home and GU wants no part of that.

sittingon50
03-30-2015, 12:48 PM
I would love to see us play EWU, but it is my understanding that the only way that EWU happens is if Eastern agrees to play it in the kennel. GU does not want to play in Cheney nor do they want to play in the Spokane Arena and jeopardize their chances to play there in the NCAA tournament. EWU wants a Home/Home and GU wants no part of that.

Not sure how you figure an EWU game in the Arena jeopardizes the NCAA's, spike? Think they can play up to 3 games there, unless there has been a rule change.

And Reese court holds 6K, just like K2. Would be a true road game in the eyes of the selection committee & I don't think there would be a shortage of GU fans in attendance. EWU's RPI was #131 (better than Pep & UP) & they have their stars back. I would like to see it.

spike_jr
03-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Not sure how you figure an EWU game in the Arena jeopardizes the NCAA's, spike? Think they can play up to 3 games there, unless there has been a rule change.

You could be right. I seem to recall that being part of GU's reason in the past when we used to play the annual Ronald McDonald game there as well (and we also played a pre-season tournament in the building too). Also, I can't remember, was it 3 games annually or was it 3 games over 2 years? Sadly, I think the bottom line is that GU doesn't really want to play EWU.

DixieZag
03-30-2015, 12:54 PM

Just had the exact same thought.

ZagaZags
03-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Will GU play Tennessee in the secret scrimmage next season?

gonzagafan62
03-31-2015, 06:04 AM
Just had the exact same thought.

Yeah the only team that would have a chance of being good is UCONN